Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Darb

Have any of you Canadian Cloud owners had to ship your cloud back for warranty?
If so, what was the shipping cost?

Darb,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I am actually not sure how it broke but I have a theory. I wasn't using a cloud sleeve on this unit and I would never hold it in my hand for more than 5 seconds otherwise I would probably get burned. So I would always hit it on the table without holding it. I think the pressure from me pushing my mouth down into the tube was causing stress on the glass which caused it to snap. I didn't even realize ti wasn't working until I started hearing grinding noises.

Hmm, that's how I hit my unit. I hope that that won't happen to mine. I hold it at the bottom though.

newVaper420,

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
Thanks for the response.
Have you had to mail a Cloud to VXL from Canada?
What was the shipping cost with insurance?
This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing a cloud today...

Nope never had anything go wrong with my Clouds.. (knocking on wood).. so I wouldn't know the shipping. Shipping to me was free when I ordered it and insurance was included.

Seriously, once you hit a cloud all other vapes just do not compare. I wouldn't worry too much about the Canada/US thing, as long as you order from an authorized dealer. ALL of my other smoking tools are collecting dust..

IIIQBIII,
Reactions: Darb

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
Hmm, that's how I hit my unit. I hope that that won't happen to mine. I hold it at the bottom though.

I sometimes hit my unit like that too... won't be doing that EVER again.. :mental:

If it was going to break that is how I envisioned it breaking too, so hearing a real life version doesn't make me feel great about handling it as such.. thankfully it hasn't broken.

IIIQBIII,
Reactions: mvapes

The fact that you hold it in general makes it less likely to break. From my first clouds experience, it was too hot to hold even on the bottom. I read on here that alot of users are using plan black silicone bands. I just ordered a bunch. Why dont you get some?

I did a follow up reply to this post...I was unaware that the $150 price included upgrading the heating element. Or is it upgrading the insulation? Regardless, I thought the price was for glass only. But since there are other things getting upgraded the price is fair...

I sometimes hit my unit like that too... won't be doing that EVER again.. :mental:

If it was going to break that is how I envisioned it breaking too, so hearing a real life version doesn't make me feel great about handling it as such.. thankfully it hasn't broken.

I actually came up with another alternative so you can hold it in your hand with no problems even without the silicone bands. You can use a 12 inch computer fan to cool the unit. The only problem is that you have to leave it on, the wind blowing in your face constantly and a slight humming noise from the fan.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-M...id=1365208548&sr=8-3&keywords=thermaltake+fan

SD_haze

I actually came up with another alternative so you can hold it in your hand with no problems even without the silicone bands. You can use a 12 inch computer fan to cool the unit. The only problem is that you have to leave it on, the wind blowing in your face constantly and a slight humming noise from the fan.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Mobile-External-Cooling-AF0007/dp/B002OJN250/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1365208548&sr=8-3&keywords=thermaltake fan
A cool breeze from a nearby open window also works in keeping the outside of the unit cool enough to touch but still hot enough to vaporize. A little greener alternative :p

SD_haze,

tbill

My new Hydracirc 2.0 package shipped Thursday via priority mail. I can't rely on the tracking, so does anyone (from experience) think I have a chance to get it tomorrow from wherever they ship to the Chicago area?

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
My new Hydracirc 2.0 package shipped Thursday via priority mail. I can't rely on the tracking, so does anyone (from experience) think I have a chance to get it tomorrow from wherever they ship to the Chicago area?

Honestly, I'd say probably Monday. But it's possible

b0

Cloudy...
Someone has tried the Swagger hydracirc and the new Hydracirc 2.0? Wich one you like more?

b0,

nowonknows

What's alternative plan? Distributors need to be kept in check, and if they try to game the system then their customer base will be upset and quickly dwindle as word spreads. That is far to big a risk for even the biggest of the vape distributors out there to take, and it's not easy to get a VXH licence...
What's your alternative plan? Distributors need to be kept in check, and if they try to game the system then their customer base will be upset and quickly dwindle as word spreads. That is far to big a risk for even the biggest of the vape distributors out there to take, and it's not easy to get a VXH licence...
Well, if an invoice copy is required to register for warranty it will be pretty easy for VXL to keep checks on what their distributors are doing.
Make it clear to the distributors, fail to play by the rules and your distribution rights are revoked.
No need to penalize a potentially unaware customer for the wrong doing of a vendor.

MGG

UGH! Can't even open a support ticket cause the vapexhale site is down for me.
I'm so confused... People are saying the in store credit is more than $150USD
depending on what you buy or something?? I never heard anything about that??
I had one of the original pre-orders. I think the store credit is only worth it to me if it's
either more than $150 or at least i can use it on my 1st order.
Cause if i can't then I'm essentially paying for 2 lots of shipping and shipping from US to AUS
is NOT cheap.

MGG,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
UGH! Can't even open a support ticket cause the vapexhale site is down for me.
I'm so confused... People are saying the in store credit is more than $150USD
depending on what you buy or something?? I never heard anything about that??
I had one of the original pre-orders. I think the store credit is only worth it to me if it's
either more than $150 or at least i can use it on my 1st order.
Cause if i can't then I'm essentially paying for 2 lots of shipping and shipping from US to AUS
is NOT cheap.
Probably best to wait for the portal to open back up for you to find the exact credit you'll get, but I was looking at the prices between buying direct from Vapexhale, and our Australian vendor (if you know of more than aus vapes let us know), and it should work out pretty similar.

The GST + whatever markup aus vapes put on it are pretty close to what I'd expect the intl shipping to be, so you shouldnt be out any more $$$ buying direct.
It'll just take longer to get here.

Frederick McGuire,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I feel terrible as this thread has become all about the international cloud. there's been almost NO discussion about the cloud itself - I totally understand whats going on with international customers but unfortunately this thread isn't even fun anymore. Does anyone think it may be a good idea to open a thread for international customers to voice their concerns and share their thoughts? Not trying to take anything away from anybody but I have noticed a drop off on the people usually here and it seems as if they aren't coming around as much. I hope no one takes me the wrong way but I wish this thread wasn't bogged down anymore with negativity.

I want the old thread back! However - everyone deserves their right to speak.

Nevertheless1090

I feel terrible as this thread has become all about the international cloud. there's been almost NO discussion about the cloud itself - I totally understand whats going on with international customers but unfortunately this thread isn't even fun anymore. Does anyone think it may be a good idea to open a thread for international customers to voice their concerns and share their thoughts? Not trying to take anything away from anybody but I have noticed a drop off on the people usually here and it seems as if they aren't coming around as much. I hope no one takes me the wrong way but I wish this thread wasn't bogged down anymore with negativity.

I want the old thread back! However - everyone deserves their right to speak.

I'm with you MV. The information in this thread now seems repetitive. I miss reading opinions of the cloud upon their first sesh, new experiements and compare & contrast to other vapes. Where's the substance that made this thread 500 pages of pure joy? International peeps, no disrespect, I would feel the same way!!

Now, I know this question has not been answered several times but we are now only 14 days away and I hope I'm not holding off for no reason...SM, Troi, or anybody with definitive information, WILL THERE BE A 4/20 SALE AT ALL? If so, on what because I'm only interested in the packages since I dont own a cloud yet.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
There's FIVE HUNDRED PAGES of discussion about the US Cloud. Guess what, the international Cloud is still a Cloud, the only difference is the voltage transformer in the unit. And you know why there's a lot of discussion about it lately? Because it's only recently been announced / become available. And there's gonna be MORE discussion as units get into people's hands.

It's not all about America, guys. Heck, the only reason this situation came about is because the Cloud is one of the few vapes that didn't go universal-voltage from the start.

Edit: Speaking of repetitive, they've mentioned a few times that there won't be any discounting of the Cloud on 4/20, or ever. The only reason that date keeps coming up is because the the international units are all being sat on until then so they have a cooler release date.

Anonymouse,
Reactions: MGG

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Mouse - nobody is saying that there's not 500 pages here - but you know as well as I do the last 20 or 30 pages is almost all about the international release and complaints. And its not chatting about the cloud, you know damn well the discussion is about the price. Nobody said its all about America but let's be fair - the thread is NO longer about the cloud.

Once the units are in people's hands I have no issue chatting it up with anyone - your misreading my post. It's become all about new members that just joined to complain and international members complaining about price. AGAIN - let me repeat, you guy's have every right to complain - but its been asked numerous times to go to the portal but that isn't happening. I really believe we should start a thread for people waiting on the cloud worldwide release. :peace:

Nevertheless1090

There's FIVE HUNDRED PAGES of discussion about the US Cloud. Guess what, the international Cloud is still a Cloud, the only difference is the voltage transformer in the unit. And you know why there's a lot of discussion about it lately? Because it's only recently been announced / become available. And there's gonna be MORE discussion as units get into people's hands.

It's not all about America, guys. Heck, the only reason this situation came about is because the Cloud is one of the few vapes that didn't go universal-voltage from the start.

Edit: Speaking of repetitive, they've mentioned a few times that there won't be any discounting of the Cloud on 4/20, or ever. The only reason that date keeps coming up is because the the international units are all being sat on until then so they have a cooler release date.

I think you took what me and MV said too much to heart. All we are saying is that most of the international questions/issues have already been answered from SM or the Vapexhale team. When this happens regarding ANY discussion in the Cloud thread, the mods usually shut it down after it becomes repetitive and not beneficial to the thread. We don't think we are better than you guys man, come on!!

But I would love for you to find this information that I've seemed to miss regarding 4/20 because I read every post since about page 350 or so to no avail. Would really appreciate it

Nevertheless1090,
Reactions: mvapes

brewer

Seriously, once you hit a cloud all other vapes just do not compare.... ALL of my other smoking tools are collecting dust..

I don't know about that... the Cloud is awesome, and really awesome at consistency, but other vapes can do as well at least some of the time. For example, a buddy pulled out an older vape, don't know the name, looks like a little alarm clock or mini cabinet with a drawer. After screwing with the temp and whip attachment, it hit even better than the either the original cloud or the cloud plus when hooked up to his Green Goblin bong...

That said, the Clouds are idiot proof, and the ELB's are a fantastically simple design, and there is not a better vape I have tried. I even modify ELB's slightly and put them in vapes that heat material in the whip attachment. That makes things better for those vapes... but the Cloud is still ranking number one for great ease of use, taste, versatility, and fool proof consistency.

P.S. Two Clouds, several glass pieces, three kinds of herb, and three other vapes later--my favorite experience, by a significant margin, is the original cloud with the stainless coil chiller attachment (posted pic earlier). Vapor coming into the lungs after going through small stainless coil chilled to -10F in a chest freezer--is just tasty and even far more pleasant/smooth then the hydratube or other bongs we tried.

brewer,
Top Bottom