Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

b0

Cloudy...
I don't think that is accurate.

Sorry then, can you please tell us how it is more accurately? Because I think that's how it will be for international units.

Edit: As long as I know, the credit depends on the preorder you have, I had the preoder when the price was 350$ for example. Depending on that, they do the discount.

b0,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I don't think that is accurate.
As far as I know, the cloud originally launched in the us within a 1 year warranty.

Once the intl ones are released, they come with a 2 year warranty (and I assume all further us ones come with that too, but I'm not sure).

For $150, all customers get their warranty extended to 3 years total.

I could be mistaken, but that's how it works AFAIK.

Edit: As long as I know, the credit depends on the preorder you have, I had the peroder when the price was 350$ for example. Depending on that, they do the discount.
I hadn't thought about that.
If anyone wants to know the exact amount of store credit they'd receive, they should go through the portal

$225 USD?
Troi said $150
I didn't ask, our exchange rates are so close I think of the, interchangeably :lol:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: b0

Kaptan

Sorry if not, can you please tell me how it is more accurately?
Those who had the original Cloud were offered additional warranty when upgrading to the Cloud + for $150, if purchased prior to their original 1 year warranty. VapeXhale never stated that new Cloud plus owners could upgrade the warranty more than the new 2 year warranty.

Edit - just read Fred's post, I guess I misread.

Kaptan,
Reactions: b0

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yeah i agree, I don't understand why vapexhale is exactly waiting when they seem to have had the international stock for a while now. Other than the that they seem to think it's cool to release on that date. This whole thing seems like a cruel joke to me really :/.
I wouldn't calli it cruel, but since I got the email saying the cloud was available, this has pretty much been me:

Well, more like this
:lol:

IIIQBIII

Vape Obsessed
Are www.vaporizers.ca an authorized dealer?
If warranty is needed would I ship to vaporizers.ca or VXL?

Yes Vaporizers.ca is an authorized retailer. This fact was mentioned in this thread around 20-30 pages back, directly from the VXL crew. Vaporizers.ca offers exchange/refund for their sales 30 days from delivery, but warranty issues must be sent directly to the VXL crew.

I have ordered from vaporizers.ca previously, and they are cool to deal with.

IIIQBIII,

Darb

Yes Vaporizers.ca is an authorized retailer. This fact was mentioned in this thread around 20-30 pages back, directly from the VXL crew. Vaporizers.ca offers exchange/refund for their sales 30 days from delivery, but warranty issues must be sent directly to the VXL crew.

I have ordered from vaporizers.ca previously, and they are cool to deal with.
Thanks for the response.
Have you had to mail a Cloud to VXL from Canada?
What was the shipping cost with insurance?
This is the only thing keeping me from purchasing a cloud today...

Darb,
Hey,

I just recently opened up my cloud in attempt to see if it is possible to preform a self repair on the unit. This is the pre-order version of the cloud. The only thing that is broken is the glass tube on the inside. The heating element is fully functioning. Seems as though the insulation is made out of some sort of clay. What do you think? Repairable? I uploaded some pics for you guys to see:

ddhrmh.jpg

262wm61.jpg

dh70op.jpg
j6k7mg.jpg
2hgzd4l.jpg
210bvnm.jpg

$225 USD?
Troi said $150

What are you guys referring to the "extended warranty"?

I broke my initial cloud and I was told that a broken glass tube doesn't fall under warranty. I was charged $280 for a replacement. They also told me that they could not charge any less because that how much the materials cost...

wakenvape8,
Hey,

I just recently opened up my cloud in attempt to see if it is possible to preform a self repair on the unit. This is the pre-order version of the cloud. The only thing that is broken is the glass tube on the inside. The heating element is fully functioning. Seems as though the insulation is made out of some sort of clay. What do you think? Repairable? I uploaded some pics for you guys to see:

It is real hard to see what is exactly broke here. Is it the top of the glass? However this is really different from the one I took apart where the heater was I am guessing baked to the glass in a mold. I broke the heater and am figuring out how to fix that. If the glass had broke I would have given up.

Can you take the glass completely out?

MonsterWithoutBorders,
It is real hard to see what is exactly broke here. Is it the top of the glass? However this is really different from the one I took apart where the heater was I am guessing baked to the glass in a mold. I broke the heater and am figuring out how to fix that. If the glass had broke I would have given up.

Can you take the glass completely out?

Yes the glass tube is attached to the heating element/insulation via two small metal wires. Seems like all I need is another glass tube and it will be working again...

25tgrgj.jpg

wakenvape8,
Yes the glass tube is attached to the heating element/insulation via two small metal wires. Seems like all I need is another glass tube and it will be working again...

You could go on to the glass discussion thread and see what could be done. Repair or replace. The expertise over there is amazing.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
You could go on to the glass discussion thread and see what could be done. Repair or replace. The expertise over there is amazing.

Yea, I might try to have a glassblower make me a tube. I will look into that thread. I was just told from VXL support that it costs $150 to replace the bamboo glass...

wakenvape8,

I can only think of the obvious thing. Get a glassblower to make another or see if they can replace the male joint. Maybe purchase the extended warranty.

edit: oops, looks like you beat me to the punch

purplek,

nowonknows

It was never stated that International customers canot buy from VXL. On 4/20 when the international units go for sale on vapexhale.com international customers can get the VXCLOVESFC discoutn code. Distributors must sell the unit at MSRP, but they can offer free gifts like free shipping, or free grinders ect at there discretion. Additionally the only way for a pre-order customer to get the 150$ future store credit is to buy through vapexhale.com.

Warning -- Although we have faith in all of our international distributors. Its always possible some clouds will go for sale at a rogue price.

If you see a international cloud for sale lower then MSRP do not buy it. When registering your warranty for international, if the cloud is not bought through VXL we require you to provide us the receipt, in which we double check that receipt with all of our authorized distributors. If the unit was sold below MSRP the warranty is void. This is how we protect all of our partners that are charging the correct price.
Finally, if you have a question for VXL that you want answered, please use our support portal. www.vapexhale.com/support.

Happy Vaping [Edit] -- VXL just spoke internally, all questions related to International clouds must go through the support portal. You may post them here if you like but they will not be answered. We have a very busy next few weeks and we need to centralize our resources, so if you have a question use the support portal. Please do not PM me with questions or ask them on here expecting an answer.

Wtf?

If one of your distributors sell a unit at a discounted rate the customer has no warranty?

So if your distributor decides to do the wrong thing the customer gets punished?

nowonknows,
I can only think of the obvious thing. Get a glassblower to make another or see if they can replace the male joint. Maybe purchase the extended warranty.

edit: oops, looks like you beat me to the punch

Haha yea I'm going to look around at my options. I already purchased a replacement that failed in less than 4 months that's currently getting repaired...So, I figure if I can fix it, I'll have two or I could sell one of them. Do you know whats the difference between the older units(ticking) and the newer ones? I noticed that my newer unit has a silicone wrap around the glass, a different insulation and no ticking. Anything else?

wakenvape8,

greenmunster

Wtf?

If one of your distributors sell a unit at a discounted rate the customer has no warranty?

So if your distributor decides to do the wrong thing the customer gets punished?

more and more business do this now a days, how many times have you bought something from someone besides the manufacture, then for what ever reason you end up talking or emailing directly to the manufacture about said product, then gotten a bad attitude and or no service or a xtra fee(repair) from that manufacture when you inform them you didnt buy directly threw them. not saying this is what vxl is doing and this applies to more than just vapes. i am just saying if you want to be fully covered (for any purchase), and not be liable for bullshit and fees, buy direct!

Nebu

Post-Apocalyptic Renaissance Man
The metal, being far more thermally conductive than glass, is if anything helping even out the extraction by warming the sides of the load faster. The venturi constriction in the bamboo is firing a heat jet at the middle of the bowl, and I suspect that mesh around the sides (and small flow leakage it allows) is helping to prevent hot-spotting in the center of the load.

Personally, I don't desire the kind of "help" metal provides. It definitely is used as a cheap and efficient heating element, pod (Vapir?), etc., in many vaporizers. Although it surely doesn't get hot enough to off-gas in this application, I'm still curious how metal reacts-with/affects the actives in the herb.
Thinner glass is actually less subject to the effects of thermal stress, as low thickness minimises temp differences between different parts of the glass (this is why people can make vapes out of soda-glass light bulbs). It's differential thermal expansion that causes heat stresses, and if the material isn't as thick, it's harder for one side to be much hotter than the other.
The heater has to work through the glass, so, since glass is actually a pretty good thermal insulator, it can't be too thick, or the device would be really sluggish to react to changes in draw speed. That said, I'm surprised the parts of the tube where it's clamped into the unit at either end, and especially the bit supporting the ground joint aren't much thicker than they are. Only the section around the heater needs to be thin. If each end of the tube were reinforced and well-anchored there'd be a lot less bamboo breakage.

Zactly! I didn't make my recommendation very clear. Your thin-as-a-lightbulb analogy is spot-on for the heat-transference and minimal thermal stress. This solution is, of course, at complete odds with structural strength. Trying to solve both of those with one piece of glass is the problem. The solution you suggest (thin heat section + thicker, anchored section) was actually what I was expecting to see, and surprised I did not. I wonder if thermal expansion would be an issue longitudinally (along the length of the bamboo) with a significant, graduated difference in glass thickness? Seems it could be. Perhaps a glass HIH (hose-in-hose, with the heating element encased in a thin center glass tube) would be most effective.

The only thing that is broken is the glass tube on the inside.

How did it break?

Nebu,

t00fatt

I would have to respectfully disagree. I could buy a pretty nice ash catcher for $150...This is just a glass tube. Probably about $5 worth in glass...

$5 worth of glass? Are u kidding me? The bamboo is not just a machine made straight glass tube. Even if the internals of the bamboo appear simplistic to you, I can't begin to fathom how you came to the conclusion that the bamboo is cheaply and easily produced. I wish you luck in repairing in your cloud though, but I recommend just spending the money to fix and upgrade your cloud through VXL.

EDIT: The $150 VXL is asking is not just material costs for the glass, but also a upgrade to a modular heater, and of course the labor. I don't think VXL is making much of a profit if any by charging you $150 to fix and upgrade your unit.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Wtf?

What's your alternative plan? Distributors need to be kept in check, and if they try to game the system then their customer base will be upset and quickly dwindle as word spreads. That is far to big a risk for even the biggest of the vape distributors out there to take, and it's not easy to get a VXH licence...

CentiZen,
$5 worth of glass? Are u kidding me? The bamboo is not just a machine made straight glass tube. Even if the internals of the bamboo appear simplistic to you, I can't begin to fathom how you came to the conclusion that the bamboo is cheaply and easily produced. I wish you luck in repairing in your cloud though, but I recommend just spending the money to fix and upgrade your cloud through VXL.

EDIT: The $150 VXL is asking is not just material costs for the glass, but also a upgrade to a modular heater, and of course the labor. I don't think VXL is making much of a profit if any by charging you $150 to fix and upgrade your unit.

I was under the impression that the $150 was just for the glass tube. But glass is very cheap. I know several glassblowers and that is definitely $5 worth in glass material if not less. If they upgrade the heating element then I would say the price is pretty fair.

How did it break?

I am actually not sure how it broke but I have a theory. I wasn't using a cloud sleeve on this unit and I would never hold it in my hand for more than 5 seconds otherwise I would probably get burned. So I would always hit it on the table without holding it. I think the pressure from me pushing my mouth down into the tube was causing stress on the glass which caused it to snap. I didn't even realize ti wasn't working until I started hearing grinding noises.

wakenvape8,
Top Bottom