Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

vape4life

Banned for life
Is the new short 6 foot cord detachable? :) This is refreshing news to me, I thought the original cord was way too long for my needs, and ended up just coiled up on the counter.

vape4life,
I am going to order another pelican case today and make another carry case like I did for my solo. Before I pull the trigger anyone have any other good storage ideas?

Nothing beats a Pelican for storing the Cloud IMO.

Looks like you've got some glass to choose from too so I'd recommend getting a case big enough to hold the Cloud and your favorite piece to use with it. What size Pelican is that for your Solo mvapes? I've been wanting to get one for mine but didn't know if it would even be necessary...

ludwig

Nothing beats a Pelican for storing the Cloud IMO.

Looks like you've got some glass to choose from too so I'd recommend getting a case big enough to hold the Cloud and your favorite piece to use with it. What size Pelican is that for your Solo mvapes? I've been wanting to get one for mine but didn't know if it would even be necessary...

How much did that Pelican case cost you? Would want to do something like that with my Cloud

My Cloud is out for delivery since 7 AM. I have been refreshing and hoping it says delivered! Oh the wait's killing me!!

How much did that Pelican case cost you? Would want to do something like that with my Cloud

It's a Pelican 1520 and I got it for $90 (wholesale: my cousin works at a gun store). I think it retails for around $100-130 depending on where you get it, but it's more of an investment/insurance plan haha.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I got the Pelican 1400 series.
2qn5wkp.jpg

:peace:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I thought the announcement of the cloud plus is still eh - "unannounced"

It is. Or at least, supposed to be.

Prolly (hopefully) not a lot of impact though, seeing that FC represents a small (albeit quite vocal) percentage of Cloud owners.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I got the Pelican 1400 series.
2qn5wkp.jpg

I almost feel like I need two, one for my cloud, the glass, tools, elb's, and then another for the cord!:lol:

Hey Oldie - your absolutely right, us cloud owners are a bunch of instigating sum' bitches! lol

It indeed is, but we can still jibber and speculate as per Stick's post. I'm "guessing" the new Cloud Plus will have a detachable cord.

It is. Or at least, supposed to be.

Prolly (hopefully) not a lot of impact though, seeing that FC represents a small (albeit quite vocal) percentage of Cloud owners.
If the new cloud that people literally just received isn't the new cloud that is officially being released in a few days, it would be a fairly cruel trick on them, no?

ludwig

It indeed is, but we can still jibber and speculate as per Stick's post. I'm "guessing" the new Cloud Plus will have a detachable cord.

Don't think that's happening with the Plus. Next generation maybe.

my cloud was shipped from PA so am assuming it's the Plus because they offered an upgrade when it was in for repairs.

ludwig,

vape4life

Banned for life
Although that may be true Sticks, i'm pretty sure the common consensus on the newer non-tickers was that they didn't achieve a hot enough MAX temp in comparison to the older tickers. If they revamp the temp firmware again, i'm guessing that the new Plus' will be hotter again.

Vessel

Don't think that's happening with the Plus. Next generation maybe.

my cloud was shipped from PA so am assuming it's the Plus because they offered an upgrade when it was in for repairs.

What exactly where the details of the upgrade and for how much if you don't mind me asking ?

Hope I am not being a slugworth for asking - Just really curious.
images

Vessel,

oldiebutgoodie

Exact details of any upgrade should be announced on the 18th.

Also, what is being announced is the Cloud "Plus", it is not Cloud 2.0. That is, this is not a new generation machine, it's the same Cloud with a number of refinements and enhancements.

oldiebutgoodie,

ludwig

I will let VXL announce it before I'll explain anything.

I got home, walked in the house, and my package was in Cloud.

Felt like it was christmas morning! Ripped it open. It looked alright cosmetically. I feel it was due to the friend who traded it to me. It was at an university and might have taken toll on it.

However, when I plugged it in, turned the dial to 12-1, turned it on, it flashed red. I'm like it has to be 15 minutes before I have to have it ready. I'm coming from a Classic Volcano that was made on Halloween Day 2006. Ancient but like a tank. I will miss that German Tank.

IT TURNED GREEN WITHIN 30 SECONDS. I actually jumped, I was that surprised how fast the heat up was. I loaded an ELB halfway up. Popped it in, the ELBs fit snug perfectly. I could slide it out with the right feeling of drag.

First hit, My pull felt completely different, it's like a giant straw. I finally saw the vapors coming in. SO smooth and the temperature did stayed cool throughout. The Cloud slid right out, Feels solid and compact in my hand gripping it. The log's Hydratree 1.0 I believe. 2nd hit, the hti got much more, probably because the ELB warmed right up to temperature. I took much more than I expected.

Popped open the ELB, a shade over golden brown. Still good for several hits. I went on a T-Break since I knew I was getting in Cloud. Longer than I expected it to be but this is probably one of best vaporizers I've ever used.

Will upload pictures later tonight maybe a video of it in action too.

Vapexhale, I can't wait to see what you can do with this vaporizer.

John Lewus

Everyone here was reading my mind about the Pelican cases. How hard is to cut the foam and what tool do you use? Also how do you get new foam if you mess up and how much is it?

John Lewus,
Reactions: Carbon

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Everyone here was reading my mind about the Pelican cases. How hard is to cut the foam and what tool do you use? Also how do you get new foam if you mess up and how much is it?
After watching an instructional on youtube, it was pretty simple to do. I used a steak knife to 'start' the process but it's mostly done with just wedging your fingers/hands through the foam and it rips right apart.

I also bought another new foam as a backup and I think I paid about $30 for it iirc.

Edit: Here is the tutorial video...

oldiebutgoodie

There is a lot of discussion (and some pics) earlier in this thread that addresses your questions (the subject has come up several times, so there are posts spread thru the thread). And IIRC the Pelican site shows how to use the cut-out foam, costs.

Btw, a comparable, some say superior, alternative to the Pelican is the Nanuk. YMMV.

oldiebutgoodie,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Although that may be true Sticks, i'm pretty sure the common consensus on the newer non-tickers was that they didn't achieve a hot enough MAX temp in comparison to the older tickers. If they revamp the temp firmware again, i'm guessing that the new Plus' will be hotter again.
Hmmmm..... well I find that interesting. I returned my old "ticker" because it didn't get hot enough. My new "non-ticker" gets very hot at 3:00 and I haven't pushed it farther. My personal experience has been that VXL has improved upon the units with time.

Edit to add: Cloud buddies are back in stock. :brow:

Top Bottom