Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
There is a lot of discussion (and some pics) earlier in this thread that addresses your questions (the subject has come up several times, so there are posts spread thru the thread). And IIRC the Pelican site shows how to use the cut-out foam, costs.

Btw, a comparable, some say superior, alternative to the Pelican is the Nanuk. YMMV.

I do love the Nanuk's. The larger ones have 4 locking points of closure and really seal closed tight. But you're not going to go wrong with either the Pelican's or the Nanuk's...

vape4life

Banned for life
IT TURNED GREEN WITHIN 30 SECONDS. I actually jumped, I was that surprised how fast the heat up was.

Seriously? You had vapour in 30 SECONDS??? This isn't what i've been hearing from other Cloud Plus owners. Interesting.

No, it's not detachable.

Ok thanks, just wondering because of all the info/ "rumours" i've received from certain members with Cloud Plus'.

My last Cloud (sold to CheeseSandwhich) has this little "collar" around the plug where it meets the Cloud, with something that looks like it can be "squeezed". Didn't see that on other Clouds.

vape4life,
Reactions: elmomuzz

JCruiser

Hmmmm..... well I find that interesting. I returned my old "ticker" because it didn't get hot enough. My new "non-ticker" gets very hot at 3:00 and I haven't pushed it farther. My personal experience has been that VXL has improved upon the units with time.

My original ticker I ran at 1:30. 3 was too hot, never even tried max. My non ticker I ran at 3, anything below that was not hot enough. I would think their heater algorithms and/or heat sensors would be more consistent. It seems like their are a lot of units on this board that have run either too hot or too cold. Maybe its just different peoples perception or maybe its an unrepresentative sample size (just like all the broken units on the board)or maybe they need better QC down at the factory

edit: To be Clear my first two Clouds ran at good temps, just at different places on the dial, which i know they changed the dial settings between models. But the ticker def seemed like it could get hotter than the non-ticker.

JCruiser,
Reactions: vape4life

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I remember Arizer dicking around with their software and temp control through four iterations with the Extreme. Once they landed on the Q it was pretty set.

stickstones,

brewer

Does anyone have the newer Evolver 2.0 HT? Just wondering what you think of the bent neck?

Do you think that the straight neck HT's will make an appearance again? It just seems to me that the bent neck may put unnecessary pressure on the joint laterally. And sometimes from an ergonomic perspective the straight is actually favourable. I guess there is a time and place for both.

love it. the angle makes it easier to keep the unit up right and bubbling when laying down

brewer

Wow that must be some seriously frosty vapour brewer! Wouldn't the inside of those cold coils cause serious vapour condensation though? How would you clean?

Nice and frosty pulls. Drier than the hydrotube, but just as pleasant. Just different.

Too new to have cleaned it yet.... But, I imagine, I would just soak the coils with the 420 cleaner crap. It gets stainless ELB's super clean with just a soak.

max

Out to lunch
Hmmmm..... well I find that interesting. I returned my old "ticker" because it didn't get hot enough. My new "non-ticker" gets very hot at 3:00 and I haven't pushed it farther. My personal experience has been that VXL has improved upon the units with time.

Edit to add: Cloud buddies are back in stock. :brow:
That's my experience as well. My very early production unit had the 'wrong aperture size' issue and had to be replaced. The newer, non ticking version gets as hot as anyone would want. I don't buy that "common consensus on the newer non-tickers" at all. It's a wrong conclusion.

It just seems to me that the bent neck may put unnecessary pressure on the joint laterally.
I'd say the only pressure isssue is the user applying too much pressure. As for straight tubes, I'd hope there would be enough demand to keep producing at least one. I hope the straight showerdome remains available at least, as a lower cost option.

brewer

I used to be a brewer and have some commercial grade caustic (commerical grade PBW), and have tried it on the hydrotube... It works, kind of. Takes a long soak. So I tried the 420 crap from the head store. It is a lot better, and I just reuse it. 10 minute soak and the hydro-tube is essentially new. So i figure for the coils using it would be a no brainer.

(my experience with caustic is that breweries use more because it's really cheap... and they need a fair amount of it.... and it's easier to deal with as effluent (and it does work...)--but nobody uses it because its a great cleaner (okay overall cleaner, but really most effective cleaning fats--which isn't really brewery or cloud type dirtiness).

brewer,

vape4life

Banned for life
That's my experience as well. My very early production unit had the 'wrong aperture size' issue and had to be replaced. The newer, non ticking version gets as hot as anyone would want. I don't buy that "common consensus on the newer non-tickers" at all. It's a wrong conclusion.

I'd say the only pressure isssue is the user applying too much pressure. As for straight tubes, I'd hope there would be enough demand to keep producing at least one. I hope the straight showerdome remains available at least, as a lower cost option.

You're right Max. I just said that because there were more than a few that indicated that the newer non-tickers weren't as hot as the older tickers. For me it was very noticeable...my latest non-ticker I had to use on max temp....but that temp profile was really strange...moving more than a 1/4 on the dial not affecting the temp.

Been there done that and will never do it again due to white film. ISO + salt FTW.

I used to be a brewer and have some commercial grade caustic (commerical grade PBW), and have tried it on the hydrotube... It works, kind of. Takes a long soak. So I tried the 420 crap from the head store. It is a lot better, and I just reuse it. 10 minute soak and the hydro-tube is essentially new. So i figure for the coils using it would be a no brainer..
How would a soak clean the inside of the coils? You would have to somehow pull it through?

vape4life,

brewer

How would a soak clean the inside of the coils? You would have to somehow pull it through?[/quote said:
Imagine, i would just squirt it in until is starts coming out the other end... that's only a couple feet of 3/8" coil--it ain't much volume... then soak... then rinse.

I think you want an acid based cleaner for the type of grime and residue build up the cloud makes, which is what the 420 feels like on my hands...

Iso and salt probably works well, but that 420 is stupid easy and effective.

John Lewus

I have done the PBW and so have many others in the PBW thread and it works great for glass. Others had issues with it on metal with someone ruining the finish on their grinder. Can you let us know what parts you bought for your coil setup? What size hose? What clips to use? Where to buy the coil? How much? I want to try this out sometime if it is not too expensive and you think the effect is worth it. I have found that cooling down vapor actually causes me to cough more. If I use hot water it seems easier on my lungs although it is a heavier higher moisture air. How is the taste with this thing?

brewer

I have done the PBW and so have many others in the PBW thread and it works great for glass. Others had issues with it on metal with someone ruining the finish on their grinder. Can you let us know what parts you bought for your coil setup? What size hose? What clips to use? Where to buy the coil? How much? I want to try this out sometime if it is not too expensive and you think the effect is worth it. I have found that cooling down vapor actually causes me to cough more. If I use hot water it seems easier on my lungs although it is a heavier higher moisture air. How is the taste with this thing?

chiller is on ebay. just search stainless coil. or stainless chiller.. something like that. Like $30. the silicon tubing and clamps are from new york brew supply. 3/8 inner diameter silicone tubing. glass piece is on ebay.. search whip replacement

as for caustic (PBW) -- keep it off any soft metal--like aluminum... 'twill likely have a negative effect. Stainless is fine, glass is fine, plastics at least short soaks is fine as well. But I have notice it change the color of vinyl tubing if soaked too long for sure.

And no, i don't cough. tastes great. Cold changes the flavor---like the difference between ice cream and melted ice cream. the first tastes better, but not as flavorful as the second.... if that makes sense.

says your video was removed?

Wasn't me... anonymous web hosting site. I said for over 18... haha. Guess they didn;'t like it.

brewer,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
International ? I want one. Mainly for the all glass air path fat experience
You guys can get a good session out of .1 of mids ?

Roger D,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
+1 Max! I love my original Evolver Hydracirc. Straight tubes for the win!
I'm with you, Vapinghole...absolutely love the Evolver Hydracirc. I have used it daily for more than half a year now and never get tired of it...though I do see a Devastator in my future. And I'm sure they are going to come out with some more great glass in the months/years ahead. It is a great time to be a vaporist.:)

JCruiser

I assumed the move to all bent neck was to help people keep the HT's more vertical. So there would be less of a chance of too much leaning leading to water in the cloud. Although the new HT design should make that really hard to do anyway.

JCruiser,
Reactions: vape4life

treeman

With the 2.0 hydratubes it seems it would be easy enough to make both straight and bent necks that you just stick on the top. Would maybe be a good idea for those who like both options. I know I will want a straight neck when i'm able to get one.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

b0

Cloudy...
You mean this?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-427#post-338072

A post script . . . got some White Rhino last week and rather than my usual ~.25g ELB that I spread thru the evening I used two .1g ELB's. It may only be in my head, but it sure seems that smaller loads perform better. Even as small as .1g: I got 4-6 hits from each ELB.

.1g is usually what I put in my vapes (still no Cloud overseas :( ) I'm glad to see that .1g is good enough in the Cloud too!

Damn, still one week for the 18's news :cry:

b0,
Top Bottom