Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

vape4life

Banned for life
Because this is a forum where were share experiences, ideas, etc. You seem to think there is some sort of "agenda" i'm moving forward on this, even though others know exactly what i'm talking about. Just to be clear, i'm OCD and anal about cleanliness etc., that's why you see my posts about "how to clean the black abv dust" etc. There were no chunks, etc. and I don't see how *I* could have caused the browning myself. Sounds like you are have some acceptance/denial issues.

EDIT: You got the last word T-dub, i'm done with this.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
There were no chunks, etc. and I don't see how *I* could have caused the browning myself.
John Lewis had "chunks" go back I quoted him, so lets see it. Photograph it, then analyze it and make sure no contamination got in there, THEN after that make a case for it causing a smell, outside the bamboo, which is what this is all about in the first place. You realize how absurd you all sound? Its such a crazytown bitch that I will say again, I'm not surprised to see the manufacturers leaving here.

There is a nice little black chunk among the browned insulation

t-dub,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Wow!

Edit: (I really wasn't going to post anything more ... now I guess I got the last word ... although not saying anything of consequence ... I'm sure my "last word" won't hold though nor do I care ...)

Vitolo

Vaporist
-_- VXL sent my cloud to my old address, did provide them with my current address but nope. Few more days of waiting. ARGH!

I'm really curious about the glass mouthpiece. Does anyone use it on a regular basis over hydratubes? Any videos?

Does the mouthpiece hit as good as a dry hydratube?
In my opinion it hits better than the hydratube.
I use it in video at Cloud video
(posting it like this so I don't hog thread space with same video twice.)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Awesome! Thanks Bob. Ordered:tup:

edit : Or maybe not, out of stock:(
grrrr, yea, i want one of their cloud buddy's, but they've been outta stock for at least a week
hopefully soon? you can also use a J-hook, most LHS (local head shop) carry them.
planetvape.ca has them as ur a northern neighbor. i've even used an 18mm to 14mm expander as a super short (and hot) dry hit

Bob Loblaw,

CheeseSandwich

grrrr, yea, i want one of their cloud buddy's, but they've been outta stock for at least a week
hopefully soon? you can also use a J-hook, most LHS (local head shop) carry them.
planetvape.ca has them as ur a northern neighbor. i've even used an 18mm to 14mm expander as a super short (and hot) dry hit

Cool, looks like we're after the same things, i was hoping to order a cloud buddy too. Thanks for the tip on the j hook tho, i may just go that route.

CheeseSandwich,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

ludwig

In my opinion it hits better than the hydratube.
I use it in video at Cloud video
(posting it like this so I don't hog thread space with same video twice.)

Just watched it in action. It looks really good! I'm strapped for cash so that's why Im considering to get rid of my hydratube and just use the glass mouthpiece and use it upside down on glass pieces.

Looks like I'm going to do that

ludwig,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
[quote="JCat, post: 339443, member: 9491"

I'm huge supporter of VXL and the Cloud (I own 2 and just sent one in for repair, gladly paying the $150 fee + shipping), and think their products are good value and only getting better; however, their products aren't perfect and flaws/issues (whether isolated or not) do warrant discussion.

[/quote]

i haven't been keeping up with this thread for the last while as i wait for my warranty replacement, so i am going to need some clarification on your statement JCat!

did you pay $150 to get a vxc fixed while it was under the original 1 year warranty term?

notmyrealUSERname,

Buyola

I still have my original ticker model from the pre order days. Mine works fantastic. I use it in the morning, before I walk the dogs and then after work. I too love my cloud and support VXL and the team. Thanks for a great product, I will be ordering my new Cloud on or around the 18th. The anticipation is killing me.
Happy Clouds!

Buyola,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Edit: Accidental duplicate. Server error on first post but it still actually posted.

JCat,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
i haven't been keeping up with this thread for the last while as i wait for my warranty replacement, so i am going to need some clarification on your statement JCat!

did you pay $150 to get a vxc fixed while it was under the original 1 year warranty term?
No ... I paid $150 for a non-warranty repair. (I have 2 lightly used Clouds so neither has warranty)

This is the way I figure it ... with a 2% failure rate, I saved about $150 or so per Cloud, so I'm taking a 1/50 chance with each that I'll require a warrantable repair ... I figured the odds of a non warrantable repair (ie. friend dropping) were higher and therefore went with the dual Clouds and $300 cost savings thereon. ... I'm now down to a $150 cost savings on 2 Clouds ... however, after 1 year is up, I'll still be ahead by $150 unless I have a 2nd failure (2% chance of this which would land me in the very unlucky 0.04% group of dual failures). The other factor here is that while having my repair done, I still have a working Cloud. (I sorta' liquidated some of my vaporizers when I decided to get a 2nd Cloud as my backup to my Cloud)[/quote]

okay, thats perfectly acceptable! i was worried they were charging for work that should be covered under warranty.

i would love to have a backup cloud as well, but i would rather have my vxc be as dependable as my herbalaire, so i wouldn't need a backup.

John Lewus

Wow I go to bed and wake up to quite the controversy over my post. Before anyone assumes I have an agenda I want to set it straight that I was not planning to file a support ticket over this if this is normal. The whole reason for the original post was to find out from other cloud usres My cloud functions great otherwise and I love the thing. I am a user who has very sensitive lungs and I cough a lot even with small pulls. The cloud is wonderful for its ease of use and water filtration. However, I cough more with the cloud than with my solo. There could be a million reasons for this and it likely because the solo pulls very very slow and it is hard to get a full lung before I run out of breath.

The reason for my original post is I am trying to figure out if other cloud users notice a smell. The smell got worse and worse for me over time. I believe a big part of that smell was baked on residue. I could always see a ring reflection when I looked down but I was always too scared to move the bamboo up and down because it is really tight. Yesterday I finally pushed it up and saw the ring and the discoloration. I am really careful cleaning the cloud and never used anything more than qtips dipped in iso to wipe around the outside of the bamboo. I worked very hard to never let anything drip down the outside because that is where the electronics are.

After cleaning the ring up as best as I could on the outside and inside (It is not like I can soak the thing in iso) I turned the cloud on. It got warm and it once again had that burning like smell. That is when I made my original post. I have never seen anyone complain about this issue and genuinely am concerned materials are burning. That is what this forum is for. I am not using this forum for blackmail against Vapexhale. I was not planning to open up a support for this unless others on this forum thought I had a real genuine problem. Quite the contrary actually. I f****** love this product and want to have it in the most pristine shape for the cleanest vaping experience and seeing discolored insulation while smelling something burning concerns me. I would think that would concern anyone and I wanted to find if I once again have bad luck and am the only one with this problem. I have not even come to the "scientific" conclusion this is a problem yet so please don't jump on me for trying to put down the manufacturer. Let me say it again. I f****** love Vapexhale for producing the cloud.

Lets focus on solutions now which is why I am taking the time to write this post. Because of others who have come on here before me and posted their bad experiences with Vapexhale without following the forum rules I feel people are unfairly insinuating I am here to bash Vapexhale. That is not the case. Please don't take the word "chunk" to mean I am subliminally trying to exaggerate facts. You can replace the word "chunk of black" with "a bit of black" and you won't hurt my feelings. I feel I have to write/read/rewrite/reread/rewrite again to avoid misunderstandings. Here are some facts and observations.

1. 5 hours after my 1 hour careful cleaning of my cloud the worst of the burning smell went away. Now it smells more like a curling iron and is not as offensive. <--This is what I still don't have the answer to. Is this considered normal? Should I be concerned about my cloud?
2. Every session I still coughed a lot. <-- sucks for me
3. My cloud has had a moderate amount of use since August. I run it 4 hours a night on average. I am careful to leave the bamboo always pushed in and use my cloud inverted. I don't use hydratubes and exclusively use my mobius with the cloud inverted.

T-dub made a point that it could be something that leaked down into the material that caused it to discolor. I can't say one way or another. I very rarely clean the part of the cloud that says "hot" and use a qtip dipped in iso whenever I do.

Going forward please don't insinuate I am trying to bash Vapexhale. Lets try to solve this problem and what is causing it so that future clouds can be designed better and future users don't have this problem. If it is something that leaked into the insulation that would make me feel much better. The only thing that could have leaked is iso at least in my case. Would anyone like to volunteer to try to squeeze a tiny amount of iso onto their white insulation to see if it discolors? If it does then I think we would have a better working "theory" as to what caused this. Future clouds should be sealed better then. Aesthetically I don't care if my inside insulation is discolored. It might be that material really is burning over time because of how the heating element is designed and only in rare cases does it happen which is why it is not wildly reported. I don't know. I would like to know though.

I apologize, you are correct, I completely misidentified the smell. It wasn't a rat at all, it was a red herring. My bad :peace:
You are now breaking forum rules from the "Be Nice" and "General Forum Etiquette" Such as trolling and staying on topic. Please use personal messages if you wish to insult other members. I am here to increase my knowledge of VXL's cloud, not to watch you bicker over small issues.

On another note, my new cloud has arrived and I will be trying it out as soon as I get home! :peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
You are now breaking forum rules from the "Be Nice" and "General Forum Etiquette" Such as trolling and staying on topic. Please use personal messages if you wish to insult other members. I am here to increase my knowledge of VXL's cloud, not to watch you bicker over small issues.
After 24 posts who made you a MOD? I retracted the initial smell, which applied to the member, and corrected it with the appropriate smell for his argument instead. I even issued a "mea culpa" for the mistake . . .:shrug:

mephisto

Can't wait to see what VXL has in store for us, I have had 2 clicking Clouds from the preorder
days that I believe are still performing well. No problems w/ smells other than vaporized herb.
Maybe there will be an upgrade to the exterior to prevent some of the heat from reaching the
hand. I have seen the user mods w/ silicon bracelets and such, great ideas. If the external sleeve
has already been discussed, I apologize in advance. The only minor issue I found was, the Cloud likes
a good warmup.

ludwig

Can't wait to see what VXL has in store for us, I have had 2 clicking Clouds from the preorder
days that I believe are still performing well. No problems w/ smells other than vaporized herb.
Maybe there will be an upgrade to the exterior to prevent some of the heat from reaching the
hand. I have seen the user mods w/ silicon bracelets and such, great ideas. If the external sleeve
has already been discussed, I apologize in advance. The only minor issue I found was, the Cloud likes
a good warmup.

I don't think the cloud will be anything different from the original but just runs better

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
Update on my situation: I have had a conversation with stonemonkey (the CEO of VXL if anyone reads this who isn't familiar with the whole thread) and can say with confidence he is a great guy. He's demonstrated great professionalism.

I now better understand the circumstances that led to the entire situation. It was a combination of negative past experiences on both sides that spiraled into emotional reactions from both parties. The whole thing should never have happened, but it did. The important thing is that I really think monkey stepped up and acted as a CEO should.

Stone has admitted to all the problems we have experienced and the important thing is that they're fixed or are in the process of being actively fixed. When you consider certain companies will simply vanish into the darkness overnight (*cough*oracle*cough*), this deserves praises.

I've also seen what the new website will look like, and I was impressed. Considering I am a professional photographer and website designer by trade (and a successful one) and that I am not easily impressed, and consider also how negative I was earlier in this thread, and my change of tune should be all the indication you need.

I will definitely check on the Cloud in a year and see where things are at at this time.

If anyone reading this went through negative customer service experience with VXL, reach out to stonemonkey. He is deserving of the respect he receives on these boards.

Vessel

My cloud stopped heating this morning. RIP
Have had this one since mid-september.

It just stays at red, I hope the warranty will be good to me. I really didn't think this would happen to me, I've been pretty delicate in caring for the unit. Anyone with similar experience ?

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
My cloud stopped heating this morning. RIP
Have had this one since mid-september.

It just stays at red, I hope the warranty will be good to me. I really didn't think this would happen to me, I've been pretty delicate in caring for the unit. Anyone with similar experience ?

Could be the wire that connects to the ceramic heater that came undone. If your unit is under warranty they can easily fix this for you, just contact them and open a support ticket.

TigerLord,
Top Bottom