Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Gambler's fallacy would be if I claimed there was 25% odds on the second coin toss, which I didn't.

The wikipedia article will verify this for you if you don't believe it.
You're right, you didn't explicitly claim that… I linked the gambler's fallacy because you were rebutting JCat's statement that I quoted below. I see now that your argument was more nuanced than I realized.

however, the odds that it fails again now according to the statistics are still just 2%

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I keep seeing people being cautioned from reading too much into anecdotal evidence in this thread, and I totally agree with that. I brought up the whole failure rate because that 2% figure is just as anecdotal as any of the other posts in this thread . . .

I'm prolly gonna be sorry, but what the hell . . .

Clarity about the 2% figure: That is a long-standing commercial electronics industry target for warranty cost as a percent of cost-of-goods-sold. Premium companies have a lower rate; those monies are reinvested or reflected in price and margin. Consumer companies on average do worse; quite a few substantially so. The figure won't precisely translate into pct of customers or units, but it is close enough to make the point, which is that for a new very small start-up, holding at ~2% with the first product generation is a genuine accomplishment. Furthermore, when you hear this number from VXL it is not anecdotal (it had better the hell not be), it's coming from the company financials where COGS is reported.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I'm prolly gonna be sorry, but what the hell . . .

Clarity about the 2% figure: That is a long-standing commercial electronics industry target for warranty cost as a percent of cost-of-goods-sold. Premium companies have a lower rate; those monies are reinvested or reflected in price and margin. Consumer companies on average do worse; quite a few substantially so. The figure won't precisely translate into pct of customers or units, but it is close enough to make the point, which is that for a new very small start-up, holding at ~2% with the first product generation is a genuine accomplishment. Furthermore, when you hear this number from VXL it is not anecdotal (it had better the hell not be), it's coming from the company financials where COGS is reported.

For reference, the Zephyr Ion has 3% defect rate. In case anybody wanted an industry comparision.
I better link my sources before I am crucified, HERE .
Not caring either way, I just listed this because I just read this about Zephyr Ion today, cause somebody said they just got one and I was looking on that page to see what a Zephyr Ion looked like. Don't do bag vapes so I was unfamiliar.

Bottom line is, don't worry about it. It shouldn't even be an issue... lots of high end shit breaks. You think BMW, Mercedes, etc. are all on the top end of reliability indexes? Nope. It's a new product, kinks are being worked out, you can either take the chance or not. I've had 4 brand new Clouds and not a single one of them ever had any issues whatsoever. I'm very happy for that, because I did not want to go through anymore customer service than I had to. I had mixed customer services experiences, both very good, and very bad. Truth.
Would I buy another Cloud? Fucking rights! I just wanna wait until things get a little more smoothed out, and i'm hoping for better discounts. Is there presently a FC discount? 8 free elbs?
I quoted this because I am so 100% on the same page. I have zero issues with the multiple defective products I have received from this company. The reason vhx has earned my mistrust is because they refuse to communicate with me. I sincerely want my troubles to benefit someone else, that's it. They got my business partly due to the picture painted on this very forum, after all. Like you said, things need to be smoothed out before I could recommend a new purchase to a friend (or stranger).

Troi

I quoted this because I am so 100% on the same page. I have zero issues with the multiple defective products I have received from this company. The reason vhx has earned my mistrust is because they refuse to communicate with me. I sincerely want my troubles to benefit someone else, that's it. They got my business partly due to the picture painted on this very forum, after all. Like you said, things need to be smoothed out before I could recommend a new purchase to a friend (or stranger).

VXL does not refuse to communicate with its customers. If your having an issue with our support system, please submit a ticket @ www.vapexhale.com/support <-- That system is monitored and currently the system shows that our longest time to first response is well under our guaranteed 24 hour response time.

VXL does not refuse to communicate with its customers. If your having an issue with our support system, please submit a ticket @ www.vapexhale.com/support <-- That system is monitored and currently the system shows that our longest time to first response is well under our guaranteed 24 hour response time.
I'm confused. Are you saying I should open another support ticket regarding being ignored in my original one?

mrboote,

Troi

I'm confused. Are you saying I should open another support ticket regarding being ignored in my original one?

As I said, our system indicates all incoming inquires have been responded to within the 24 hour response time. If you haven been responded to please submit another ticket as we have responded to all our tickets. We will work with you to figure out what the case is. Our support team is held to the standard of a 24 to respond to all communication, and i monitor our metrics daily. There is a delta and I'm trying to point you in the right direction to get this figured out.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I can't resist ... I really should ... but I can't help it ... now that I've had 1 Cloud fail, I guess I have a 2% chance of ending up in the 0.04% sub-group :)

Edit:

It's like quantum physics ... every possible outcome affects every other possible outcome based on it's probability; however, once something has been observed, it eliminates all other possibilities and makes something a certainty. Once something is certain it changes all other probabilities it affects.

So, there is a 2% chance of having a 1st cloud fail and a 2% chance the 2nd one fails ... combined the odds of both events occurring is 2% * 2% = 0.04%; however, once the first Cloud fails, the probability of the 1st Cloud failing on me goes from 2% to 100% (since it has actually happened) ... so the new calculated probability of me having a 2nd failed Cloud (based on the certainty that the 1st Cloud failed), is 100% * 2% = 2%.

FYI ... I'm having fun with this argument ... yes I know it's strange but I like math and enjoy discussion around it :)

If you haven been responded to please submit another ticket as we have responded to all our tickets.
I have no idea how your system works. I'm still not clear if you are telling me to (a) reply to the email exchange I already have had ongoing for the last month, or (b) go to your website and literally start again. I'll try option "a" to start with?

mrboote,

ej2389

I have no idea how your system works. I'm still not clear if you are telling me to (a) reply to the email exchange I already have had ongoing for the last month, or (b) go to your website and literally start again. I'll try option "a" to start with?
Dude, come on. How are you still confused? He said start a new ticket.

ej2389,

lreindl

Pacific NW
Haha, so far my girlfriend, my dad, and three of my friends have all told me how stupid I am for wanting to purchase a $450 vaporizer. I mentioned how I didn't need a HT so it would lower the price, but they still think spending $450 is too much. How can I convince the naysayers?!

lreindl,

ej2389

Haha, so far my girlfriend, my dad, and three of my friends have all told me how stupid I am for wanting to purchase a $450 vaporizer. I mentioned how I didn't need a HT so it would lower the price, but they still think spending $450 is too much. How can I convince the naysayers?!
It will save you money on herb in the long run.

ej2389,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
this is all quite fascinating, however...

mrboote, please stop discussing your support issues until they are resolved. Start a new ticket.

stats are great, but this is the Cloud thread. If you start a thread in the lounge for it, let me know!

JJd2sc

As I said, our system indicates all incoming inquires have been responded to within the 24 hour response time. If you haven been responded to please submit another ticket as we have responded to all our tickets. We will work with you to figure out what the case is. Our support team is held to the standard of a 24 to respond to all communication, and i monitor our metrics daily. There is a delta and I'm trying to point you in the right direction to get this figured out.

I've been in the same boat. I feel communication has been very one sided. I sent another email to my CS rep last night and I have not yet been responded to...

JJd2sc,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
oldiebutgoodie,

lreindl

Pacific NW
Thanks obg, I keep forgetting about the wonderful powers of Google :lol:

Well, talked the vendor down to $420. Can someone explain to me how concentrates work with the Cloud? I don't smoke much herb nowadays.

Troi

I've been in the same boat. I feel communication has been very one sided. I sent another email to my CS rep last night and I have not yet been responded to...

Since you sent the email last night, its still wthin our 24 hour response time. Please do not use this forum to voice issues with our support system. Call our phone number 484-453-8236 if you are not responded to within 24 hours of your last communication.

Top Bottom