• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

mscm888

I leave my cloud on the buddy while partaking. Enjoy about 3 or so then take out elb and stir with poker. Put cloud back on buddy and enjoy what is left in stirred elb. Works quite well so far.

Cloud #554 still ticking with 0 problems since owning it!

Love VXL!!!

webb

Level 100 Lurker
I'm jealous you people with a functional cloud. I'm so frustrated with their horrible customer support. :cry:

I guess their CS is hit or miss. Every time I've dealt with them I couldn't have asked for a better experience. On the other hand, I have a ticker with no problems, so I haven't done a support ticket for that. They always get back to me within a buisiness day.

webb,

JJd2sc

I'm jealous you people with a functional cloud. I'm so frustrated with their horrible customer support. :cry:

Right there with you brother... I was told that my replacement cloud "most likely" shipped and i would get contacted in 12-24 hours. Didn't happen. Last time my cloud got here the mail man just put it next to the mailbox in the bush and I'm trying to prevent that this time. I would just love a follow up!

JJd2sc,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Weird question as I haven't read through this thread, since I cannot afford my cloud yet, I don't really wan to inform myself too deeply about a product I am mystified by LOL

Why do your clouds need replacement? Is this a common problem, an isolated problem, or various problems. I wouldn't buy my cloud with the glass, just the vaporizer device itself, I don't want to worry about getting several replacements in a year.

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: TigerLord

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Weird question as I haven't read through this thread, since I cannot afford my cloud yet, I don't really wan to inform myself too deeply about a product I am mystified by LOL

Why do your clouds need replacement? Is this a common problem, an isolated problem, or various problems. I wouldn't buy my cloud with the glass, just the vaporizer device itself, I don't want to worry about getting several replacements in a year.
The failure rate is ~2%. No need to worry IMO.

:peace:

The failure rate is ~2%. No need to worry IMO.

:peace:
Since we've had a more than one person have two clouds break on them it's interesting to consider: With a pure 2% failure rate what are the odds of that happening? It's 0.04% or 1 in 2500. I personally would assume the majority of people who had a $500 product break on them would tend to be even more cautious with it's replacement. They must hate surge suppressors.

mrboote,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
There's been more than 1 person who's had more than 1 break, and there's uncountable people who haven't had it break once...

It's incredibly rare for an individual to win the lottery, yet it happens almost every day.
There's not really much use to speculating as to why some peeps were unlucky... It's gonna happen, to approx 2% of the clouds...

Also, odds are a tricky thing...
They don't necessarily apply the way we want them to apply...

Sure, given a failure rate of 2%, you'd only expect someone to have 2 clouds fail 0.04% of the time, but after the 1st cloud breaks, once youve got the 2nd one in your hands, there's still a 2% chance it will fail...
There's not really any difference between someone's 2nd (or 3rd, or 12th) cloud breaking than some other persons 1st cloud :shrug:

Basically what I'm saying is, it's 2%, no need to look further into it than that.
:2c:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
In the operations I've run, it seemed to always be true that 95% of our problems happened to the same 5% of our customers. It was absolutely embarrassing and infuriating. We got to know some of these people by their first names and could joke about it in the end because we always took care of them. Even if I went into processing and walked the order through every step myself, that would be the week a blizzard would delay the entire east coast shipping industry. I know it really sucked for those few customers, but I really appreciated the ones who could laugh about it with me and make it not so bad for both of us. Try to roll with it...I know...easy for me to say as I pull a medicinal strain through my Cloud/Matrix rig.

I really appreciated the ones who could laugh about it with me and make it not so bad for both of us. Try to roll with it...I know...easy for me to say as I pull a medicinal strain through my Cloud/Matrix rig.
I agree with this 100%! The problem is a customer can only share a laugh with you if you're willing to communicate with them. If you just ignore them they have every right to be upset.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Sure, given a failure rate of 2%, you'd only expect someone to have 2 clouds fail 0.04% of the time, but after the 1st cloud breaks, once youve got the 2nd one in your hands, there's still a 2% chance it will fail...
There's not really any difference between someone's 2nd (or 3rd, or 12th) cloud breaking than some other persons 1st cloud :shrug:

Basically what I'm saying is, it's 2%, no need to look further into it than that.
:2c:

My goodness - I'm so high I can't understand a lick of that ;)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
My goodness - I'm so high I can't understand a lick of that ;)

Basically he is saying every time you are sent a new unit your odds of having that unit malfunction are still %2. Like in roulette, every time the wheel spins the odds are reset. Even if the board shows the last 10 spins landed on black the odds of landing on black the next spin are still the exact same as if it had been red the last 10 spins. Keep me away from the roulette table... I like that game too much.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Since we've had a more than one person have two clouds break on them it's interesting to consider: With a pure 2% failure rate what are the odds of that happening? It's 0.04% or 1 in 2500. I personally would assume the majority of people who had a $500 product break on them would tend to be even more cautious with it's replacement. They must hate surge suppressors.
This may be true if you take the statistic as the likelihood of having someone have 2 units fail when they have never had a single one fail, however, after the 1st unit has failed, the likelihood of the 2nd unit failing is still 2% (ie. there is always a 1/50 chance that their current Cloud will break)

Edit: for example, if you win the lottery once, with a 1/10,000,000 chance, your odds of winning it a 2nd time don't become (1/10,000,000)^2 = 1/100,000,000,000,000, your odds of winning it the 2nd time are still 1/10,000,000 ... your odds of winning it twice when you've never one it before are indeed 1/100,000,000,000,000.

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm curious if something is an issue for an international (Canada at this point) customer who requires warranty on their Cloud. Since ABV dust can get into the bamboo (mine collected at the bottom glass washer), this obviously REQUIRES a fill of ISO in the bamboo before shipping cross border. My question is how "risky" is this? I mean you can only get the Cloud "so clean", and even with diligence, it's extremely difficult to get it "as new". I'm just wondering if it's no big deal, or since it's crossing the border, would some of you just not take the chance? Surely some will be able to get it cleaner than others and i'm just wondering what the ramifications of this at customs could be.

vape4life,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
None of you took statistics did you? Lol

I could explain it mathematically but just look at it this way. You guys are saying you are just as likely to win the lottery 100 times as winning it one time. This is an incorrect assumption.

JCat

Accessory Maker
None of you took statistics did you? Lol

I could explain it mathematically but just look at it this way. You guys are saying you are just as likely to win the lottery 100 times as winning it one time. This is an incorrect assumption.
I did take statistics (way too much) ... don't question my education please and I won't question yours :)

... I'm not saying the odds are the same ... you are correct that the odds for a person to have a Cloud fail twice is 2% * 2% = 0.04%, however, once your Cloud has already failed once, the odds of it failing now a second time are still just 2%. (ie. your odds don't magically get worse to win the lottery a second time if you won it the first time ... however, the odds of winning it twice having never won it at all are astronomical ... make sense? ...)

So for instance ... I have just sent in my Cloud for repair, and I've paid a $150 fee to have it repaired. If the odds of it failing a second time were now magically reduced to 0.04%, that would be awesome ... however, the odds that it fails again now according to the statistics are still just 2% (and the statement from VXC that after a Cloud is repaired it is brought to "like new" condition and is no more likely to fail again than a brand new unit ... this is something I questioned before deciding to fork out $150 for a repair as opposed to buying a new one.)

If, however, my Cloud does fail again at the 2% probability, on a whole, I will fit into a category of people, that consists of no more than 0.04% of Cloud purchasers that have had Clouds fail twice.

I keep seeing people being cautioned from reading too much into anecdotal evidence in this thread, and I totally agree with that. I brought up the whole failure rate because that 2% figure is just as anecdotal as any of the other posts in this thread.

you are correct that the odds for a person to have a Cloud fail twice is 2% * 2% = 0.04%
Yes, I agree.
however, the odds that it fails again now according to the statistics are still just 2%
If you choose to view all incidents separately, which we are not. If you flip a coin there is a 1 out of 2 chance it will be heads. The odds of getting heads on two consecutive flips is 1 out of 4. This is all mathematical fact, my friend.
your odds don't magically get worse to win the lottery a second time if you won it the first time ... however, the odds of winning it twice having never won it at all are astronomical ... make sense? ...
No, that makes absolutely no sense at all.

mrboote,

vape4life

Banned for life
I keep seeing people being cautioned from reading too much into anecdotal evidence in this thread, and I totally agree with that. I brought up the whole failure rate because that 2% figure is just as anecdotal as any of the other posts in this thread.

The 2% defect rate is what the company said it was. You can choose to believe it or not. I believe it the same as I believe that there were 4000 Cloud orders at the Cup shortly after launching.

Bottom line is, don't worry about it. It shouldn't even be an issue... lots of high end shit breaks. You think BMW, Mercedes, etc. are all on the top end of reliability indexes? Nope. It's a new product, kinks are being worked out, you can either take the chance or not. I've had 4 brand new Clouds and not a single one of them ever had any issues whatsoever. I'm very happy for that, because I did not want to go through anymore customer service than I had to. I had mixed customer services experiences, both very good, and very bad. Truth.

Would I buy another Cloud? Fucking rights! I just wanna wait until things get a little more smoothed out, and i'm hoping for better discounts. Is there presently a FC discount? 8 free elbs?

vape4life,
Reactions: mrboote

Frotwente

How is the smell on this vape? Would I be able to use it with parents in a room next to mine without them noticing?

Frotwente,
How is the smell on this vape? Would I be able to use it with parents in a room next to mine without them noticing?
Ha, no this this is a beast that produces thick vapor clouds. Very stinky.

I apologize immensely for dragging this topic off-topic, I for one will not speak of odds again after this post.
Gambler's fallacy would be if I claimed there was 25% odds on the second coin toss, which I didn't.
The odds of getting heads on two consecutive flips is 1 out of 4. This is all mathematical fact, my friend.
The wikipedia article will verify this for you if you don't believe it.

mrboote,
Top Bottom