Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
My first Cloud just stopped ticking!!!! And it's not heating!!! It's in a workshop at 70deg ... tried changing outlets etc. :( :( :(

Is it still under warranty? If not try opening it up and see if it's the same problem with the wire solder. Maybe others here could instruct you on how to repair it, because otherwise you're looking at 3-4 weeks downtime and a 250$ ish bill :(

TigerLord,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Is this not under warranty? Why $250-ish bill?

I think my 4th Cloud(Not 4 seperate Clouds, but on my 3rd replacement Cloud), is starting to go on me as well. Tastes like @ss. I'm pretty much a clean freak with all my stuff, but I'm gonna give a good cleaning first and then see if there is any difference. Can't describe how disappointed I will be if I have to go thru the "new" warranty process as well. Has anybody else had to return the Cloud 4 times or more?I feel like I am the 2% failure rate all myself :(

I started noticing that even though it was getting cooler outside, my Cloud was running hotter. What used to be "ideal" temp for me at 12 on the dial, is now more like 9-10 on the dial. Nothing changed in my setup. Same surge protector its been on(still showing grounded and protecting), same hi-quality flowers, etc.
I have started using my Arizer Solo as my go to because it is giving a better flavor. Every time I have sent mine in for repair, I have offered up my credit card# to help get a new one out asap, they never took me up on it though. I just cannot fathom waiting 3-4 weeks for new one. In less than a year, i have lost about a months time already, now if I have to replace this one, I'll have almost 2 months without in less than a year.

hoping for the best

Silver420Surfer,

JCat

Accessory Maker
As vape4life mentioned, I do have a spare. Due to the fact that I'm in Canada, and when I bought it was unrepairable if broken (and not dead because of warrantable work), I bought 2 used ones instead of 1 new one (as well they initially had issues selling to Canada and I ended up buying one, this one that just died, off another member).

Might be the same issue with the solder joint ... who knows ... I'm going to wait to see what VXL can do for me first before opening it. It worked fine up until this afternoon, and I turned it on this afternoon for a session, and 15 min later I noticed it was still red, I touched it, and it wasn't heated up at all. I've since tried it a couple times and still nothing. I'm pretty confident in being able to get that soldered if that's all it is ... but being that the joint is always heating up ... I'm concerned it will just let go again--need a weld or a mechanical fastener of some sort ...

JCat,
As vape4life mentioned, I do have a spare. Due to the fact that I'm in Canada, and when I bought it was unrepairable if broken (and not dead because of warrantable work), I bought 2 used ones instead of 1 new one (as well they initially had issues selling to Canada and I ended up buying one, this one that just died, off another member).

Might be the same issue with the solder joint ... who knows ... I'm going to wait to see what VXL can do for me first before opening it. It worked fine up until this afternoon, and I turned it on this afternoon for a session, and 15 min later I noticed it was still red, I touched it, and it wasn't heated up at all. I've since tried it a couple times and still nothing. I'm pretty confident in being able to get that soldered if that's all it is ... but being that the joint is always heating up ... I'm concerned it will just let go again--need a weld or a mechanical fastener of some sort ...
If it was the same problem that I saw. One of the stainless wires have come off the pad then I would say you would have to practice to find the best way to do this. The high temperatures would force you to use a silver solder. (expensive) and its not clear to me that you can get it hot enough before breaking the glass or cracking the ceramic. I tried to use cold cloths to keep the temperature down. I saw that the wire was spot welded somehow originally. My friend who helped is a professional welder and watch maker and he could not do it. So next time we would try actual welding if we can figure out a way to get at the point without total destruction. We also thought of drilling a small hole in the pad and inserting a very small screw to attach the wire too. (not that easy).

MonsterWithoutBorders,

JCat

Accessory Maker
If it was the same problem that I saw. One of the stainless wires have come off the pad then I would say you would have to practice to find the best way to do this. The high temperatures would force you to use a silver solder. (expensive) and its not clear to me that you can get it hot enough before breaking the glass or cracking the ceramic. I tried to use cold cloths to keep the temperature down. I saw that the wire was spot welded somehow originally. My friend who helped is a professional welder and watch maker and he could not do it. So next time we would try actual welding if we can figure out a way to get at the point without total destruction. We also thought of drilling a small hole in the pad and inserting a very small screw to attach the wire too. (not that easy).
You could probably sand stuff down and use a regular solder with some flux ... but it probably wouldn't withstand the heat for very long and would re-liquefy and come loose (thus the weld initially?). I'm thinking a mechanical fastener (drill hole for small nut/bolt to clamp the wire?). At any rate ... first off I'm waiting for VXL to find out if they'll fix it for me and for how much.

JCat,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
Deliberate exaggeration to embarrass VXL breaks our rule against attacking companies. Warning issued.

VXL wants 150$ for a repair, plus add 50$ for shipping both ways. Obviously it will vary a bit depending on where you live, but the entire expense will go around 200-250$. Factor in the week it takes to get there, the 3 to 4 weeks waiting time (current as of a few pages ago, or perhaps this was only for this guy's situation, but he said VXL had his cloud for 3 weeks now), then another week to get back to you, we're talking 5-6 weeks of no Cloud + 200-250$ bill for an out of warranty repair or "customer is too stupid to follow instructions we gave him on the phone" repair.

I decided this was not worth the hassle and simply returned it. But hopefully you can work something out! If two units failed the same way it is definitely a design flaw.

mod note: Your info is inaccurate. We frown upon posting untrue 'facts' attributed to a manufacturer.

TigerLord,

vape4life

Banned for life

I think my 4th Cloud(Not 4 seperate Clouds, but on my 3rd replacement Cloud), is starting to go on me as well. Tastes like @ss. I'm pretty much a clean freak with all my stuff, but I'm gonna give a good cleaning first and then see if there is any difference. Can't describe how disappointed I will be if I have to go thru the "new" warranty process as well. Has anybody else had to return the Cloud 4 times or more?I feel like I am the 2% failure rate all myself :(

Hmmmm, taste? Being an all glass (and stainless steel) path the only thing I can think of affecting the taste is burned up ABV dust in the glass tube? I know I can see some down it, and can smell it...not sure if it's affecting taste but am going to get it sparkling real soon, like right now.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . At any rate ... first off I'm waiting for VXL to find out if they'll fix it for me and for how much.

IMO that's wise, until you know all your options. There is no way of knowing whether your unit also has the same particular broken joint/weld vs other possibilities. Actually, that problem was comparatively speaking a lucky one. If the issue is in firmware or the heater or the electronics, it is highly unlikely that it can be repaired except by VXL.

oldiebutgoodie,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Glad to hear JCat! thanks for the temp advice, everybody. iirc, the temp range is 3-5 hundred?
or was it 2-5 hundred? have been running half at 12 and half at 3. has been doing the trick. thanks again

yea right, filterdhead? feel kinda guilty (not too much) makes up (a little) for losing a phone, TV Ultra, and Dart to the mountain earlier this season. plus i always try to pass it forward. someone else is bound to enjoy the back end of my luck here.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm a bit curious about this $250 figure...

$150 for repair, ok if there's no warranty on the cloud/it's a non warranty break.
$50 for shipping it to VXL sounds like a bit much to me, I'd expect to pay that to ship it back from australia... I'd think postage from within the us, or even Canada would be cheaper than that? (also, are VXL still including free elbs to make up for that part of the shipping?)
$50 for shipping it back from VXL, I thought that VXL ate that cost? Every other vape I've had warranty issues with, tha manufacturer has eaten the return shipping :shrug:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Shouldnt have taken tigermans word for it.(No offense) I havent been around too much so I just assumed he was correct. Every time I have sent back thru USPS priority for around $11.00u.s. and they paid to have it returned to me each time. I would accept any other vape schwag(hydratubes, hydratubes, and such) though in lieu of elb's if I have to have it replaced for the 5th time.:brow: which I hope I dont.

vape4life

Banned for life
Just noticed while cleaning up my Cloud that the paint comes off with just a paper towel. No ISO required! So just take warning and be careful.

vape4life,

JCat

Accessory Maker
We do cover the costs to ship it back to the customer, and we always throw in ELB's to cover the customers expense. If anyone has any questions on VXL's policies please use our support portal.
Thanks Troi! ... so far super impressed with the customer service by the way ... my Cloud died this afternoon and I already have an answer as to how much it's going to cost me to get it fixed and am getting ready to ship it off.

JCat,
Reactions: Troi

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
so i tried a search for micron but only got one result referring to someone's bubble hash so i thought i'd ask if we know the micron size of the ELB. i have some premium blonde kief off of my top shelf buds so i was wondering if i could load it straight or if i should stick to the two cap method.
thanks

Bob Loblaw,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Read more of the recent posts in this thread. TigerLord has been trying to get VXL to give him a refund for a Cloud that he broke himself. In order to put pressure on VXL he's been using every opportunity to try to make them look bad, including exaggeration.

This kind of behaviour is "forum blackmail" and this isn't the only thread where it's been happening. VXL, TET, and others have participated at FC and been open and accessible. In a classic "tragedy of the commons" however, a few vocal and selfish members have used FC as a platform to try to embarrass these companies into giving them what they want. We've seen companies bend over backwards to satisfy unreasonable people. When they can't, or simply try to take a stand based on their policies, we get the kind of behaviour that TigerLord has engaged in. I can't emphasize enough that in cases like this, all the rest of us lose!

There are companies that don't care about their customers and don't respond unless public pressure is applied. Anyone familiar with this thread or VXL knows that they are not that sort of company. There have been multiple cases documented in this thread where VXL has done right by customers even when it was questionable that they had an obligation. Some people try to take advantage of this, and VXL has to draw a line somewhere.

FC is not a product support forum and is not the place where any company wants to resolve customer disputes. Posting a complaint here is fine, but starting a campaign of posts designed to embarrass and pressure a company is something else entirely, especially if inaccurate or misleading information is posted. We have a rule against that, hence the warning you see above.

so i tried a search for micron but only got one result referring to someone's bubble hash so i thought i'd ask if we know the micron size of the ELB. i have some premium blonde kief off of my top shelf buds so i was wondering if i could load it straight or if i should stick to the two cap method.
thanks
just do the two cap method. It works wonderfully!

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom