• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

In our opinion this connection is really very poor for such an expensive piece of equipment. Design flaw.
I think most folks would agree that a mechanical connection is best. I'm sure there is a reason that there isn't one, maybe along the same lines that's plaguing the D-9 Hercules: ceramic expands and contracts with heating and cooling. Hopefully they found a work around for the new upgraded units, and implemented a mechanical connection.
With that said, there is a lot(most) of the early units ticking away to this day. So "design flaw", maybe, an early design that has room for improvement, definitely.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Mine goes green at 9:00....that seems a bit odd. Good luck getting the heat shielding off if you ever want to lol
but stays red before that?
yea, i got it almost perfectly straight. close enough for government work as they say.
is this usually left up to the owner to apply? it seems way too hot to use otherwise. i am glad the logo is visible thru the shielding. looks like MWB was able to remove his. lotsa adhesive removers out there. usually just gotta find the right one.

so i've roasted two ELBs. filled, but not packed. workin' on the third.
am lovin' the kick (but it's new, every new piece hits ya hard)
i like to give a little starter suck to get the bowl a little warm for a beat and a half or so
then do a full hard pull. kinda pre-clearing the bong or dropping the bag on the load similarly.
am loving the thickness and taste of the vapor. have no prob hitting the first few hits dry, but do prefer using my fritt or matrix to help with the last hits of the load. pretty impressed so far.

Fwiw . . . as discussed earlier there have been a number of design and assembly process improvements since release. E.g., this unit does not have the same heater nor heater jacket as earlier versions (serial numbers do not correlate to age of unit). Also, I believe there have been additional changes to the bamboo and firmware. So anyone opening their unit may very well find some different innards.

Also, one thing I didn't see that I struggled with, was removing the PCB. Did you try to do that? It appears on your unit that the board is mounted the same way as mine, with the rocker switch snap-attached to the casing wall (not accessible) and its feet thru the board soldered from the back side. I had to disconnect the switch from the board to get at it.

Yes you needed to desolder the switch to get the board out. We did that.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
My cloud will be shipped today or tomorrow. It has been almost 3 weeks of waiting for the repairs to be done. So close but so far away!

They've had it for three weeks, or it's been three weeks since you shipped it?

TigerLord,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
but stays red before that?
yea, i got it almost perfectly straight. close enough for government work as they say.
is this usually left up to the owner to apply? it seems way too hot to use otherwise. i am glad the logo is visible thru the shielding. looks like MWB was able to remove his. lotsa adhesive removers out there. usually just gotta find the right one.

so i've roasted two ELBs. filled, but not packed. workin' on the third.
am lovin' the kick (but it's new, every new piece hits ya hard)
i like to give a little starter suck to get the bowl a little warm for a beat and a half or so
then do a full hard pull. kinda pre-clearing the bong or dropping the bag on the load similarly.
am loving the thickness and taste of the vapor. have no prob hitting the first few hits dry, but do prefer using my fritt or matrix to help with the last hits of the load. pretty impressed so far.

It keeps getting better Bob - I never put my heat shield on, the fucker gets pretty warm too after about 15 minutes or so. I also find (it could be in my mind so please refrain from bashing)that when I leave the unit in my glass upside down it tends to get hotter. But all in all I always adapt to water and the cloud just keeps on amazing me.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I just want to request that VapeXhale PLEASE keep a "Rx Only" version of the Cloud that DOES get hot. My hands this winter are ice cold, my arthritis is just stupid bad right now. I LOVE holding on to my "old clicker" and just sucking the heat out of the outer shell with my hands. I just hold it, slowly moving my hands around, absorbing as much heat as I can from it . . . so nice :) So I was a little disappointed that the new outer shell material stays cooler, and this is one reason why I will not release my Cloud unless it absolutely dies under the warranty period.

TigerLord

Alias for BradyY
I just want to request that VapeXhale PLEASE keep a "Rx Only" version of the Cloud that DOES get hot. My hands this winter are ice cold, my arthritis is just stupid bad right now. I LOVE holding on to my "old clicker" and just sucking the heat out of the outer shell with my hands. I just hold it, slowly moving my hands around, absorbing as much heat as I can from it . . . so nice :) So I was a little disappointed that the new outer shell material stays cooler, and this is why I will not release my Cloud unless it absolutely dies under the warranty period.

Maybe they can send you my broken Cloud, then. It gets insanely hot even with dial at 9'oclock. Will be plenty good for that arthritis :)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I just want to request that VapeXhale PLEASE keep a "Rx Only" version of the Cloud that DOES get hot. My hands this winter are ice cold, my arthritis is just stupid bad right now. I LOVE holding on to my "old clicker" and just sucking the heat out of the outer shell with my hands. I just hold it, slowly moving my hands around, absorbing as much heat as I can from it . . . so nice :) So I was a little disappointed that the new outer shell material stays cooler, and this is one reason why I will not release my Cloud unless it absolutely dies under the warranty period.
i can understand that. however if you get a new one and like mine the shielding isn't applied, i am almost sure you will be ok in that department. my two cents on that.

4 bowls down, including one w/ a two cap kief topper. ran it til auto shutoff and toggled it back on. gotta put the sucker thru it's paces! any danger as to wasted meds from leaving the ELB in for a while between hits?

Bob Loblaw,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Maybe they can send you my broken Cloud, then. It gets insanely hot even with dial at 9'oclock. Will be plenty good for that arthritis :)
Sorry this is random, but damn I love your avatar, stargate sg1 and atlantis is my all time nerd show. Those asgards were a fun bunch! Cheers

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
thanks t-dub and hv. yea, i was a little worried leaving my cloud inverted for a length in my matrix, but low and behold. little by little, the connection on this is really easy to break, even after long heat and connection. whew. one less thing to stress. 6 ELBs down and where the fuck am i. bssszzzzssrrzzssseeeerrrrrrrrrrrwwwwaaaaaarrrrrrrrsssss. is there an icon for that. thanks for the rec. what woulda been two j's worth of green pounded in roughly the same time, fully vaped with excellent flavor.

on sci-fi, yea, really got into fringe and that just ended as well. almost time to sit down and watch the whole last season. for those Doc Who fans (and if not that's cool) and in the NW, there is a Tardis Room Pub next to a fish and chip shop in portland (OR)

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
on sci-fi, yea, really got into fringe and that just ended as well. almost time to sit down and watch the whole last season. for those Doc Who fans (and if not that's cool) and in the NW, there is a Tardis Room Pub next to a fish and chip shop in portland (OR)
:( don't get me started on Fringe, it's over and there's no more :cry: Best thing to happen to TV? I could prove it to a jury. Anyway so about that Cloud vape.. ;)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
thanks t-dub and hv. yea, i was a little worried leaving my cloud inverted for a length in my matrix, but low and behold. little by little, the connection on this is really easy to break, even after long heat and connection. whew. one less thing to stress. 6 ELBs down and where the fuck am i. bssszzzzssrrzzssseeeerrrrrrrrrrrwwwwaaaaaarrrrrrrrsssss. is there an icon for that. thanks for the rec. what woulda been two j's worth of green pounded in roughly the same time, fully vaped with excellent flavor.

Nice bro - your cloutarded! :freak:

What if there was a base available with a blower in it. And there was a way to direct that airflow to something nipple like (giggity)and said nipple (giggity giggity)fit into the bottom of the cloud? Who's following me, anyone as stoned as I am? If this could be done than a cap or valve could easily be rigged and this fucker could fill bags!

***EDIT*** the fucking bags could be called clouds! Holy shit!!

Here is a professional rendition...

20130128_173125.jpg

ej2389

What if there was a base available with a blower in it. And there was a way to direct that airflow to something nipple like (giggity)and said nipple (giggity giggity)fit into the bottom of the cloud? Who's following me, anyone as stoned as I am? If this could be done than a cap or valve could easily be rigged and this fucker could fill bags!

***EDIT*** the fucking bags could be called clouds! Holy shit!!

Here is a professional rendition...

20130128_173125.jpg
woah

ej2389,
Reactions: mvapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
It would be one hell of a loud fan. My 120mm fans (3 of them) run under my cloud and don't shoot vapor into the air.

darkrom,

treeman

I believe the bag concept came up, either earlier in this thread or in the old one. IIRC general consensus was that hooking up a bag to this all glass vapor path was several different kinds of sacrilege. But personally, I thought it was an awesome idea, I can quite enjoy a good bag.
I've never used a Herbalaire but anyone think its pump might work?

Good shout on calling them clouds.

treeman,

John Lewus

I don't think I would want to use a cloud to blow bags in its current form. If you ran the vapor through water wouldn't that cause the bag to get damp and wet on the inside?

John Lewus,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I believe the bag concept came up, either earlier in this thread or in the old one. IIRC general consensus was that hooking up a bag to this all glass vapor path was several different kinds of sacrilege. But personally, I thought it was an awesome idea, I can quite enjoy a good bag.
I've never used a Herbalaire but anyone think its pump might work?

Good shout on calling them clouds.

I think due to the male gong it wouldn't be difficult to make a vapor lung with a female-male gong and a 18-14 reducer with a bag stuck between the two pieces. Put that into the cloud: instant vapor lung for the party times with drunk friends.

Of course, the only advantage i see here is bypassing the water/electronics factor.

vorrange,
Top Bottom