Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I am going to step in here and defend SM and the crew. You are expecting too much. They run a small crew of people. Keep in mind this is a start up. They don't have the $$$ to have a huge crew of employees. I can't imagine how they do as good of a job as they do with as little support/employees they have. I own my own buisness and am currently juggling 6+ projects of various forms. I can empathize with what the company is trying to accomplish. I imagine currently SM wishes there was about 72 hours in a day. I know I do.... I can't get everything done in a day I need to. I can't imagine what all he has on his plate.

As for being upset that he did not remember who you were or the details of your conversation. That is just standard operation procedure. Most of the time poeple who do "know what you are talking about" are either just saying that to get you to move along, or they are looking at a screen that has a details history of your issue. He clearly stated that they just implemented their new customer service system and you should enter your ticket there. I would never have expected him to remember my issue. You should not take that personally. I think it is great that he was honest in telling you he did not remember. At least he did not go "Oh yea I remember..." when he did not.

I think you should have told them you don't feel like the ELBs are an appropriate compensation or your shipping. I am sure something could have been worked out. From my general experience they want to please their customer base. Bringing it here though in the manner you did just does not seem overly helpful. Instead of coming in here all: :rant::puke::goon::cuss::rant: about it. You should have been more: :wave::shrug::huh::popcorn::wave: about the issue. I understand you have dealt with this several times. You need to keep in mind though, this is still a start up. They have it more together then %90 of the projects I backed on kickstarter.com. Many of the project I have paid in to have still not even delivered prototypes months past their projected windows.

Really appreciate the vote of confidence. We try our best to be accommodating and reasonable with all of our customers. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree and just move on.

... to get this thread back on track

I know that folks are getting 45 degree adapters to use with their stemless pieces. One of the issues that we saw was that it really throw the balance off of the bong. We went to the drawing board and designed the CloudBuddy. It is a modular piece that allows you to place your Cloud into one of two female joints. One gives you additional height, whereas the other one allows you to position the Cloud to the left of the piece. With this design, in most cases, you can have hands free use of your Cloud... here is a demo

This will be available at the end of the month :rockon:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
That looks pretty sweet. I like the idea. With my OCD I find it ultra hard to not hold onto the cloud. I am always weary of moving my hand more the 3-5 inches away. I love the idea of having 2 adapters like a y adapter do one can be used to clear like a carb. Can't wait to try one out! Keep up the good work VHX crew!!!

Slightly Medicated,

jdee

So getting this..as I mainly use my cloud with a 45 degree adapter on a stemless piece. I like the idea of being able to clear the chamber without having to touch the cloud, or having the option to use 2 CLOUDS AT THE SAME DAMN TIME! (if spacing allows?) if not cloud + some oil in the thermovape, or a diff strain in the solo. Awesome.

don74y3

I've been running my cloud at 10-11'Oclock on the dial, not going any higher than 1, and decided to venture into higher settings today. Starting at 2'Oclock, and boy it is a different world! Whooooooo doggies! One thing that sparked this was getting the Pax and trying it on the high setting. I was getting way more heavily medicated from that than I was used to getting with using my Cloud. Seeing that this didn't fully compute in my head that the little Pax would be giving me more potent vapor than the Cloud, so now I am testing it out above the 1'Oclock mark. Luckily I don't have much to do today! :ko:

I would love to hear what u have to say!!

don74y3,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would love to hear what u have to say!!

I have to say, I didn't know what I was missing. The vapor was a bit rougher on my throat, but so much more potent. I probably only vaped 1/2 as much as usual today simply because each hit packed such a punch. I have also been breaking in my new Pax, so I have been alternating. I put the Cloud up to 3 O'clock and it felt easily as powerful as a good dab... thick milky vapor, and still had a pretty good flavor for being so much warmer than I am used to. I stayed pretty obliterated today. I can see using it on warmer temps later in the evening when I have already peaked my daily tolerance. I love all this quality time I have been spending getting to know these new vapes, but I am kind of ready for the excitement to die down so I can vape a little less and get more productive. I am just having so much fun!! :D

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
There are inconsistencies in your sources statements. First of all, there is not one single production cloud on the market that is over a year old. Secondly since I review every return case in the history of VXL, this scenario has not happened, so your source is misinformed. Finally all of our returns are handled in a timley manner and I think you have been misled in general regarding the warranty.

I am one of those people(probably the one he said had it for over a year)... Sorry he embelished my thoughts, I never told him i had it for over a year, i said I had it for a couple months and it stopped working. I also did not buy it directly from vapexhale and read on here that the warranty does not transfer and you guys do not do repairs because the cost of repairs would be the similar to buying a new unit(correct me if im wrong as i still have my unit) so i did not bother trying to start a warranty repair...the reason i told him this was to say that if he has a problem in a year from now when the warranty is up then he may have to buy a new unit unless im wrong and in that case sorry again

Sorry for the confusion and not posting sooner.

Mod note: The portion of your post aimed at another member has been deleted. No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies. And, No trolling. Please do make posts that disrupt the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.

Mynameismud,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
CloudBuddy...
This piece invokes fear in me of it breaking in a slight move and the Cloud falling from great height. I would also be much more scared to place the Cloud on the other female joint. Is that glass tough enough to handle that? On vaporpedia i see a Cloud weighs 0,5kg, that is something... but most probably I will not need this in any near future.
...oh and if the Cloud is drag free, why does the tube clear when the other hole gets unsealed? :whip:

There is a lot of development going on this time. But it's all glass. I hope the international model gets enough attention too.

MacRadish

...oh and if the Cloud is drag free, why does the tube clear when the other hole gets unsealed? :whip:

I would guess because there are orifices inside the Cloud's tube that somewhat restrict air flow (it isn't drag free IMO) and, we have surmised, creating the turbulence needed that expels the goodness from inside an ELB so efficiently. Path of least resistance type of thing.

MacRadish,

nowonknows

So a couple of international customers try to pull a fast one and the rest have to suffer? That really blows.
What if some local customers had done the same, whould US based customers then have to pay via money order as well?

Everybody wants to know when an international version is available, but when you as a company are unable to keep up with the demand of local orders I can't blame you for not seeing it as a priority.
No need to string us along though, with the release of the US version you know all too well of all possible hickups, surely it would be possible to work out a release date based on worse case senario and work towards keeping it. If it becomes available before then, then everyone would be stoked, just saying this approach would be better then saying in a couple of months every couple of months or nothing at all.

nowonknows,
Reactions: sunsett70

neve13

i think i overmedicated.
Hey is this a legit hollowfoot? The bottom seems to be a little rounded. Most all hollowfoots I have seen, which isn't many sloped downward more instead being rounded out. Thx

It's definitely SG but I'm guessing it was made by an apprentice, not Steve. The clear horn on the slide is a good indicator. Steve's have a worked horn.

neve13,

Marvc

Ok cool thanks man. Is the bottom shaped any different? Or is it just the angle making it look different.

Marvc,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Cloud related shenanigans: I skipped breakfast so I could have a wake n' bake session with my Cloud yesterday. I never vape in the mornings anymore and it's very rare that I don't eat breakfast. So, by lunch time yesterday, I had the munchies as bad as I've EVER had them before. That includes way back in the day when I was just starting. I ended up going out for fast food, which I generally dislike, yet I got two of their largest burgers with a poutine and a soda and then STILL went to DQ for a Blizzard afterward! I am so ashamed and disgusted by my behaviour yet I kind of think it's hilarious; the Cloud gave me munchies like a teenager who was toking up for the first time :D I am going to have to show this thing more respect in the future! No more Cloud sessions instead of breakfast, it can only lead to trouble ;)

Also, the VapeXhale team is making it tricky for me to get my GAS ducks all in a row. I had been thinking lately that I am going to sell off some of my glass to fund buying some new pieces. I was planning to get some custom work done by EFS, as I've admired Justin's work for a while and have been thinking that a custom inline or donut would be sweet. All of this noise going on for the glass coming out of the VapeXhale stable has made me do a double take, however.

I have really been loving the HydraTree so far: it hits clean and it doesn't diffuse as aggressively as my other favourite piece to hit at the moment, which is a Moby Matrix Ion. I used to like the Reti better but find the Matrix to be growing on me these days. I've had Luke Wilson pieces in the past but don't own them anymore, so I can't do a side by side comparison. Relying on my memory I feel like Evolver's trees hit about the same as his. The chamber size and perc size of the two water tools is the bigger difference, I would guess. I still need to check this piece out in a mirror to really tell how it fires but it feels really smooth.

Anyway, the HydraTree is more than passable, it is top shelf glass IMO, but I'm still not 100% sold on the idea of water above the Cloud. It is perfectly safe unless you cough or blow into the tube. That's the only reason you should ever "spill" into the Cloud with this particular HT. I know that I will not do that--I've not coughed or blown into any glass I've owned thus far, so I'm confident I'll be OK--but I'm a freak obsessed with small details so stuff like this hangs around to bug me mentally. Given this, I don't know if HydraTubes will always be for me, but I'm really glad to see VapeXhale pushing the boundaries with its glass ideas for the future. I love seeing this. I am excited to see what's going to come around the next corner.

I would however agree with a sentiment that seems to be being held here by some people, and that is that work on the Cloud itself and any new ideas for vaporization perfection should always take first spot, as it's a vaporizer company after all. Yet the inspiration to build and design functional glass art to dovetail with the Cloud is great to see, and I'm glad the VapeXhale team has it. I feel for the International customers who really want to try this vaporizer yet also I do believe VapeXhale when they say that they are growing their business in the way that is best for them and being as open about it as they can. I want that, as I desire their success. If our patience and our understanding is one way we can help them to that goal then let us try our best to give it to them.

All things fall out in time I suppose. I hope that the time does come for the potential customers outside of North America soon; business can be hard, and harsh...the perspectives involved may feel a little too cold cut some times. Such is life as well. Nothing is truly new in this regard. I will say though, that as far as these things go, the fruit of VapeXhale's labours, the Cloud, is a rare product that is worth waiting for. Given that it's still new and it's very early on in what will hopefully be a long career of the production and distribution of this machine to anyone who is desirous of having one, if I were a person living outside of North America, I would do my best to wait. I would want the warranty personally...in its newness the Cloud itself may struggle and fail as the hurdles of mass production are smoothed out, yet I believe in the heart of VapeXhale. They seem to be a rare group of people doing something rather ambitious and, it seems to me at least, that they are giving it their best.

Thanks again for making this happen guys and girls...and thanks to FC for being so supportive and for creating a stage for this pageant to unfold upon. I am loving my Cloud and thinking it's not a passing craze! Best of luck to all in involved!!! :peace:

neve13

i think i overmedicated.
Ok cool thanks man. Is the bottom shaped any different? Or is it just the angle making it look different.

It might be a little more rounded but it's tough to say.
If I was going to drop over a grand on some SG, or any boro for that matter, I would have to be absolutely in love with it. If there was anything about it that bothered me I would pass. That's a lot of money to spend on glass and I would want to be fully satisfied. Do you want a monster piece to use with your cloud or do you want a monster piece that you fucking love to use with your cloud? IMO it's worth the wait to find that perfect piece. It'll give you more time to save up so when that perfect piece comes across you can snatch it up without worry. I'm very content with my Hydratube at the moment so I'm waiting for that "MUST HAVE NOW" feeling to make a big purchase.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
It might be a little more rounded but it's tough to say.
If I was going to drop over a grand on some SG, or any boro for that matter, I would have to be absolutely in love with it. If there was anything about it that bothered me I would pass. That's a lot of money to spend on glass and I would want to be fully satisfied. Do want a monster piece to use with your cloud or do you want a monster piece that you fucking love to use with your cloud? IMO it's worth the wait to find that perfect piece. It'll give you more time to save up so when that perfect piece comes across you can snatch it up without worry. I'm very content with my Hydratube at the moment so I'm waiting for that "MUST HAVE NOW" feeling to make a big purchase.

Well said. I plan on buying an $800-$1000 piece at some point but when that time comes, I'll know it. There's plenty of SICK pieces out there, but we all have that perfect one in the back of our minds. There should be no rush or "settling" with something like this.

My next purchase will for sure be a bent neck HT, because I use my cloud while sitting on the couch, it will make it easier in general. Hopefully these are on deck for the next round, but if they aren't, im in no rush. Then a Matrix HT (one can dream right?)

SD_haze

What's this? individual cloud units coming soon? :cheers:
(reading the CloudBuddy youtube page comments)

By 2013 things are going to be absolutely wicked in cloud-ville :D

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
I am one of those people(probably the one he said had it for over a year)... Sorry he embelished my thoughts, I never told him i had it for over a year, i said I had it for a couple months and it stopped working. I also did not buy it directly from vapexhale and read on here that the warranty does not transfer and you guys do not do repairs because the cost of repairs would be the similar to buying a new unit(correct me if im wrong as i still have my unit) so i did not bother trying to start a warranty repair...the reason i told him this was to say that if he has a problem in a year from now when the warranty is up then he may have to buy a new unit unless im wrong and in that case sorry again

Sorry for the confusion and not posting sooner.

Mod note: The portion of your post aimed at another member has been deleted. No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Be nice to newbies. And, No trolling. Please do make posts that disrupt the peace and harmony of this board. Don’t post for or the purpose of starting a dispute.
Lame

Mynameismud,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Love the Cloud Buddy, cloud buddies! :D I am particularly interested in the ability to carb it as shown in the vid. Does that glass stopper come with it? I can't wait to see it get rolled out on the site so that we have all of the info on configuration and pricing. I am pretty sure I need one of these...:love:

Of all my pieces that I think would benefit from this add on the most I would have to say it would be my 60mm Sovereignty bent neck. That one requires an angle adapter right now, and I would like it to be more like my Stereo Matrix (and hold the cloud up on it's own) :clap::tup: I finally got the 90 degree adapter for my Mobius but now the problem is the cloud is taller and that makes the Cloud's intake closer into the user's face while hitting it. So the Cloud Buddy might alleviate that issue as well. Great idea team VXC, you keep making things better and better for us cloud lovers!!! :bowdown:

I have been giving it some thought while reading everyone else's comments and I feel I will need to be having a glass garage sale sometime soon! :doh: I gotta make room for an inline and who knows what else will be introduced in the coming months??? Team VXC always keeping things interesting!!!

JDSupreme's comment above made me think of a great set up for a multi cloud use on a coffee table. both tubes could have The Buddy™ installed and you could either pass the cloud back and forth (maybe even swap tubes for different diffusion occasionally) or you could have TWO clouds in use at once! NOW THAT WOULD BE ONE CLOUDY ROOM! :rofl:

It's truly a great time to be alive! :nod:

Bluntcrush,

Marvc

I still need the adapter for my SG 60mm bent neck. I been sleeping on it since I have a 75mm natty. But I think I'll go head and get an adapter. would a 90 degree straight up and down do the trick or do I need the 45 degree angle.

Thx

Marvc,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
So my stress level has been up quite a bit. Enough that it is affecting my health some. Lots of various reasons why I am having stress. Anyway... I wanted to extend my deepest gratitude to the VXH crew. Their device is helping me "Keep Calm and Carry On" during this extremely hectic time. Not only is it helping me handle the stress in an appropriate and sane manner... it is helping me do so while staying healthy and avoiding combustion.

Also anyone who has given me words of support for the efforts I am making... I appreciate that greatly! :bowdown::love:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
There is a lot of development going on this time. But it's all glass. I hope the international model gets enough attention too.

Different development resources altogether. I would be surprised if there was any meaningful overlap.

. . . but when you as a company are unable to keep up with the demand of local orders I can't blame you for not seeing it as a priority . . . No need to string us along though, with the release of the US version you know all too well of all possible hickups, surely it would be possible to work out a release date based on worse case senario and work towards keeping it. If it becomes available before then, then everyone would be stoked, just saying this approach would be better then saying in a couple of months every couple of months or nothing at all.

What may not be readily visible is that VXL has been investing in incremental design changes to improve reliability and manufacturability. Clearly this has to be the first priority, and it benefits all of us. There may be some concurrency possible in developing the electronics for international, but given that this enhancement involves the same sub-system, the reliability improvements become a prerequisite. It's not a matter of de-emphasis, it's a matter of what must come first technically.

I hear what you're saying though about setting expectations. Better to surprise and delight than to keep pushing out and explaining. That said, this is a very small team comprised of younger guys without the process expertise that only comes with experience. And they don't have the margin of error that a larger mature organization can afford. Taking the requisite time for this team to do it right, albeit annoying from where we sit, is to our benefit.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
. Anyway... I wanted to extend my deepest gratitude to the VXH crew. Their device is helping me "Keep Calm and Carry On" during this extremely hectic time. Not only is it helping me handle the stress in an appropriate and sane manner... it is helping me do so while staying healthy and avoiding combustion.

Also anyone who has given me words of support for the efforts I am making... I appreciate that greatly! :bowdown::love:

SliM, you are the man! Hope things get better quickly!

The Cloud is amazing. I hate leaving it for any amount of time. Really works well for my IBS.

Top Bottom