Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

mscm888

That "whistle" has dumbfounded me a few times since I received my cloud.

Love this thing!

mscm888,

SD_haze

If you're looking for a big cloud tube, apixdesign.com looks to have some great candidates. Found the website this week from another post in an Ask FC Thread

Gridded inline, stemless - $150+18 S&H
Clearance for the cloud definitely isn't a problem

photo-22.jpg

I think I would've bought one if I still had my first cloud, as my new unit's male joint sticks out extra far, putting extra pressure on the glass instead of spreading it out on the metal core. I don't feel as comfortable leaving it vertically in a female stemless joint, even though that looks real handy.

Lots of youtube videos on how his percs hit (just from searching "apixdesign")

SD_haze,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
OK, I hereby bestow on myself the Cloud thread's stupid award. It only whistles if there isn't an ELB in the Cloud. Furthermore, it's not necessary to entirely fill the chamber, either.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

But I do still have the question re the splash.

Hey OBG - you can try clearing it with less power as the volume is really small with the HydraLine. You can add an ice cube or two as the HydraLine has less propensity than the normal HydraTubes to overfill but I'm still very cautious about giving the people the green light to add ice just because I know how forgetful people can be. My suggestion is to just use a little less power when clearing the tube although I know how fun a "power clear" can be.

Hey, I just received my hydraline cloud package in the mail today, been waiting for awhile now, so I am stoked for it to finally be here. My initial reaction when opening the package is that both the cloud and the hydraline are smaller than I expecxted, which is actually awesome.

The cloud had a bit of dust on it from shipping, but was in tip top shape nonetheless. The hydraline looks and pulls super, but seems like it could break easily in the wrong hands. After filling my hydraline up and giving it a few test pulls, I noticed a few things about it that trouble me.

There are a bunch of bubbles in the glass at a few of the key joints that I do not like to see on high end pieces. Also, the curve on the hand grip thing is very crooked at parts, especially at the connecting parts. The thing that really displeases me however, is that the inline is not attached correctly. The slits on either side, do not come to the same height on the inline. This means that you must fill it up extra in order to cover the slits on one side which inhibits the pull.

I have ordered a fair amount of high end glass online, and I have to say this is my most displeasing purchase yet.

The cloud its self is great, however the glass is not up to par in my book as far as quality control goes. I will try and post pics soon.

Please go to the support center on our website. We will put you in touch with SSFG or arrange for a replacement. You can also send pics directly to me at stonemonkey@vapexhale.com - we will get you taken care of :)

stonemonkey55,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Well. I have had two sessions with the Cloud, after letting some of the funky smell burn off. My particular Cloud only smells if you turn it up very hot and if you breathe in deeply, but I thought I should do a brief burn in just to be safe.

My first impressions..? A picture is worth a thousand words.

DRQkt.jpg

Please excuse my crappy editing skills: I actually used to be better but I’m out of practice and lazy. Also, I am completely vaked. True story.

*DISCLAIMER: I don’t actually believe in a “Best X Ever” type of mentality. Context and situational idiosyncrasies are normally of paramount importance in life. I can however claim that as far as my experience with desktop vaporizers goes this is the most enjoyable one, for my own purposes, of all the different types that I’ve tried to date.

I am too well medicated to really formulate any type of review, and I’m not sure that is necessary at this point anyway, but I can certainly attest that the Cloud kicks serious ass. I am completely in love with the experience so far. I am enjoying low temperature (9-11 on the dial) Clouds so far.

The HydraTree is quality as well. Hitting it is really a joy; easy and comfortable, no drag at all. It feels like it’s firing good and even but I need to check it out looking in a mirror or filming it or something. It is providing smooth, well moisture-conditioned hits right now though. I’m enjoying it quite a bit :D Also, my HydraTree stands very securely on its own. I would much prefer a dedicated stand of course but my HT does have a nice solid, flat base.

One thing that I'm really loving that I didn't expect is the feeling of the Cloud in hand: it reminds me of my Purple Days, which was beloved but is long gone. The Cloud is warmer on the outside of its casing but not by much: by the earlier statements I had read I assumed that the Cloud would feel hotter than it does. I find it very comfortable and even comforting to hold the Cloud. It actually feels quite good for my fingers and wrist joints.

My Cloud does whistle like crazy if you hit it too hard, however…it almost sounds like high-pitched feedback. It’s honestly pretty grating on the nerves. I’m getting good Clouds without needing to hit it that hard so I don’t think it’s going to be a problem. At this point I’m assuming that if I’m hearing that sound I just need to dial it back a bit. I think it’s time for session number three… THANK YOU VAPE EXHALE TEAM YOU ALL ROCK!!! I will be lucky if I can keep myself awake for another session I am so bloody medicated :)

:peace:

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
...but I'm still very cautious about giving the people the green light to add ice just because I know how forgetful people can be. My suggestion is to just use a little less power when clearing the tube although I know how fun a "power clear" can be.

Indeed, SM ;)

I'm OCD about my Hydracirc's water level and therefore am comfortable using ice, as I carefully watch between hits and remove ice after each session. I make small, thin cubes as well given the Hydracirc's smaller diameter, which I love.

Nothin' but good times in the Vapinghole. :)

Marvc

I haven't used my hydra circ since I got my sg mini king natty, but I know it will come in handy sooner or later. I'm almost about to close a deal on a peyote pillar hollofoot, but I'm still not ready to pull the trigger. Ahhh so many possibilities opened up with the cloud. Lol

Marvc,

MGG

International customer can purchase US models, but this comes with the understanding that the warranty is void. We also can only accept money orders for this because a few bad apples agreed to no warranty, used there credit card and then attempted to charge us back when they damaged there unit. We won these credit card disputes, but we cant open the door for these situations.

If you want a unit and are willing to void any warranty contact me and I can arrange to get you a cloud, or you can wait until when we release the international version which comes with the warranty.

When should we expect the international models to be released Troi?
This September perhaps?? :)

MGG,

sunsett70

Indeed, SM ;)

I'm OCD about my Hydracirc's water level and therefore am comfortable using ice, as I carefully watch between hits and remove ice after each session. I make small, thin cubes as well given the Hydracirc's smaller diameter, which I love.

Nothin' but good times in the Vapinghole. :)

vapinghole, how sensitive is the hydracirc to the water level when using ice and how much is the maximum water you can go above the slits? i get the impression that the hydratube is super sensitive to even a small increase in water which could cause 'blowback'/spillage (? sorry i am not familiar with the term) and could destroy the Cloud.

is it the same with the hydratree?

sunsett70,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . how sensitive is the hydracirc to the water level when using ice and how much is the maximum water you can go above the slits? . . . is it the same with the hydratree?

If the water level rises above the center air inlet it will overflow down the inlet to the joint. If you fill ~1/4-1/2" above the perc you're fine, and you probably wouldn't want any more than that anyway because of the added chug/drag. If the water level is ~1/2" or more above and added ice cubes melt, the level can rise precariously close to the top of the inlet. Similarly, if the tube is tilted too much, water can reach the top of the inlet; this apparently is the most common error and obviously if ice raised the water level then there is that much more risk. "Blowback" is a different, that results from blowing into the tube, very unlikely to do unless you're obliterated and/or just not paying attention.

EDIT: Re the tree, that was discussed earlier. I seem to recall that its design makes overflow less likely.

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
The water level in the Hydracirc can change quickly with ice. I typically go only about a finger's width above the slits, just to be safe and give myself a bit of wiggle room.

I'm only comfortable doing this given how closely I watch it, which may be more than some care to. ;)

Vapinghole,
Reactions: sunsett70

turk

turk
...never have tried the "ice thing"...I've found my "happy spot" with the hydraline...

turk,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The piece on the right was made for me by Evolver a few years ago. I never found the perfect use for it until now. It's provides my favorite hit but is a bit awkward to use since it's not a hydratube.

The hydratubes each provide a unique hit. It would be hard to rate one over the other. I like them both. :)

elmomuzz,
Reactions: turk

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've been running my cloud at 10-11'Oclock on the dial, not going any higher than 1, and decided to venture into higher settings today. Starting at 2'Oclock, and boy it is a different world! Whooooooo doggies! One thing that sparked this was getting the Pax and trying it on the high setting. I was getting way more heavily medicated from that than I was used to getting with using my Cloud. Seeing that this didn't fully compute in my head that the little Pax would be giving me more potent vapor than the Cloud, so now I am testing it out above the 1'Oclock mark. Luckily I don't have much to do today! :ko:

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

alcaron

Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved. Warning issued.
I've stayed out of here until now but I am pretty annoyed.

I got my "your turn" email back in early june. And the unit I got was defective, super irritating but oh well, start an RMA, send it off, see it get delivered, get a tracking # for USPS, and it sits there for a week. Email "oh the tracking must not be updating" alright, fine, it shows up with a (I believe, it's been a couple months) two day shipping label but whatever it's here, and SM himself tested it and verified it is working...fire it up, first time seems ok (it doesn't dump a lung full of smoke like the last one) but then after the first time I realize, no, I just used it before it overheated. Like the first unit this one NEVER shuts off. Go through support again super frustrated. Anyway, finally get a call from SM and he explains that partially it's firmware, partially it's the manufacturing process, there are some changes being made (which he asked me not to discuss so I didn't, and still wont) and in 4-6 weeks we should get them in and I'll send you one of the first ones, and when you get it just ship your current one back so you aren't left without something again.

I had told him I was using a workaround so I could wait that long (basically I just use it at around 7 minutes when it happens to be the right temp and shut it off, otherwise literally this thing would COOK for half an hour plus, never shutting off, it got SCARY hot).

Cut to last night, I think "oh hey it's been about 6 weeks, wonder if they have them in yet", send an email to SM...

Me: "Just wondering if you had an update. The ELB is easier to use but overall the workaround is getting rough."

mode note: Content removed. Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.

Me: Do you not remember or conversation?

mode note: Content removed. Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.

Me: We had a phone conversation a little over a month ago where you said once your run of new, more automated, units came in you would send more one to replace the malfunctioning unit I have.

It's kind of disappointing after all we went through that you completely forgot about it.

And honestly a bit frustrating.

Me: I filled out the ticket.

Things like this though are a big part of why it got so frustrating last time.

Me: When I had spoken to him over a month ago SM had offered to cross ship the replacement unit due to this being my second replacement as well as me not having the box anymore.

Also, the ELB's I originally ordered don't fit, so the replacements don't cover the cost of shipping, they cover the cost of the defective product I already paid for but, still, have not received.

These guys...I don't even know what the hell to say at this point. I've gotten a unit that was "personally" tested by SM "guaranteed to work", I've gone through a bunch of BS with them, finally to the point of a phonecall with SM, where he made a couple clear promises. One, to send me one of the newer manufactured units, Two, to send it and then once I got it I could ship my old one back.

Both of which he COMPLETELY forgot. And now sending me eight ELB's (what the hell do I need eight for guys?) and saying they can't do me a "favor".

At this point now I will have spent an additional FORTY DOLLARS on shipping and all I'll have to show for it is MAYBE a working cloud and a handful of ELB's, way more than I could ever use. Though honestly if it managed to actualy include all eight ELB's I think I would die of shock as apparently what they say means little, if anything.

BEYOND frustrated.

The ENTIRE point of me waiting was, yes, I'd make do with a non functioning unit and in return I'd get a better quality one and not have to be without a vape for a couple weeks (again).

Update:

Me: Hey goddammit...I'm not abusing the system, I'm asking you to live up to the agreement that SM made. Not only the one he made, but the one he made to a person he doesn't even remember CALLING after the giant pain in the ass I already went through.

And I now I get to deal with this?

I am LOSING my patience.

Me: This isn't a favor, that is what you are missing. I get that you weren't involved in all the backstory here, but this is SO damned frustrating.

StoneMonkey made that exception due to the BS I had already went through. And frankly, him dumping me off on you and then you giving me a line about sticking to a policy...I am BEYOND upset.

Least professional operation ever.

mod note: Back to back posts, merged. Please use the edit button, thanks.

alcaron,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
Update:

Me: Hey goddammit...I'm not abusing the system, I'm asking you to live up to the agreement that SM made. Not only the one he made, but the one he made to a person he doesn't even remember CALLING after the giant pain in the ass I already went through.

And I now I get to deal with this?

I am LOSING my patience.

Phil: Paul, I did not accuse you of abusing our system. I said we have a return policy, and we have done favors in the past and got burned. Regardless of your intentions being good which I believe they are. We have to stick to our policy. Like I said, you send this unit back you will receive a brand new one, the 8 elb's to cover both the shipping and the tight ELB's you received orignally.

Me: This isn't a favor, that is what you are missing. I get that you weren't involved in all the backstory here, but this is SO damned frustrating.

StoneMonkey made that exception due to the BS I had already went through. And frankly, him dumping me off on you and then you giving me a line about sticking to a policy...I am BEYOND upset.

Least professional operation ever.

I dunno dude - I've not heard of anyone else (even that lunatic Vape4Life) having an experience like this. Did VXL not provide you with any other recourse to what's described here (e.g., just refunding your money, et cetera)? Or are you mad because they're adhering to their return policy? Or are you upset because the CEO of a company doesn't have the time to personally walk your ticket through the process?

Oh btw, I've communicated with VXL via email in the past. And there's a footer in every single email they send that stipulates that the contents thereof are confidential. By posting that stuff on line without their permission, you have crossed a legal barrier. Your choice, but I'd tread gently if I were you.

My :2c: and :peace:

alcaron

SB: Apparently I'm not alone. Apparently it was an entire batch, and the replacement they sent me that SM said he "personally tested" (which is strange considering phil said the manufacture and everything down to shipping is handled by contracted companies but w/e) had the exact same problem (because it was from the same batch. And he alluded to the fact that there was a group "of us" who promises were made to.

mcm: I said I wouldn't discuss it, so sadly I wont get into it, if SM wants to talk about it thats up to him but I gave my word I wouldn't.

You know what really just was IT for me was SM not even remembering me. We had this whole conversation about the fact that maybe they need a newsletter or something because aside from this thread (which I only know about because he referenced it in that conversation, this is my first time here) they don't seem to communicate with their customers.

And this is case in point. I got that "shit happens". So I got two bum units, ok, thats annoying. I get being swamped and not, say, mailing it when you thought you did. And maybe that didn't happen maybe the USPS really did shit the bed on that one, who knows, one of them put a 2-day sticker on it, either the USPS or them. I don't see the USPS giving enough of a shit to do that but again, I don't know, so fine.

I even get how they thought it was cosmetic even though it CLEARLY was not. They reference the lights "not working right" but the lights as far as I can tell work fine. The whopping TWICE I've seen them turn green was when the clicking stopped. The unit just never stops heating. And to be clear, by never I mean I chicked out after the ~45min mark when the metal casing was so hot it instantly boiled water drops that touched it and the whole unit was so hot I couldn't pick it up even briefly for about 15 minutes.

But when you make a promise, don't call me with "well we got burned so now we do it this way"...fine, that sucks, sorry to hear. but a) you made an agreement, your company rep made an agreement, and the ONLY reason I agreed to wait was because it was easier for you. I've spent MONTHS using a $400 unit that only works if you catch it at the 7min mark because that was easier for YOU. And now your end changes and it's tough shit and you couldn't even b) send me an EMAIL saying so. Because you d) COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT ME.

And then when you call me, you are willing to overnight it back, good, good, you are willing to print a return label, good, good, and call the warehouse with "your story and see if I can't speed it up even more"...but rather than just say "hey, lemme see if I can get them to even agree to this" you talk about how you can't do "favors" anymore, and don't even TRY to see what you can do before just saying "the policy is the policy".

You know, way back when I used to work customer service, and there were two types of people. The ones who looked at a problem, figured out anything that was POSSIBLE (i.e. going and talking to a manager/super or the fufillment center) and coming back with "normally we don't blank but in this case because of blah I can't do meh but I can do hmmm" and then there were the ones that just said "that sucks but odds are they wont let me do anything anyway.

Well, considering you'd rather tell me the rules (that YOU agreed to break and then forgot to mention you couldn't live up to it) than go see if they will even make an exception in the first place (why can you expend the effort to call them tomorrow but not today? Should I believe you ACTUALLY will completely change the trend and do what you say?).

I'm sorry that phil thinks I'm posting personal information here, but I'm even sorrier that this is the review, after MONTHS of "use", for the Cloud.

If you got one, and it worked. Good on ya, I have no doubt that for many of you they managed to get their shit together and provide a working unit.

Oh and to answer the question, when I talked to SM (you know, the phonecall he forgot), he DID offer to refund my money but honestly after that phonecall I really thought this was sorted.

What kills me most is that at the end phil said I have his number, if I want the shipping label, he'll send it, if not and he doesn't hear from me in a few days he'll just refund me to not leave himself open to a chargeback and that will be that.

So...he wont cross ship (or even see if he can) because he's worried about getting burned. But if he doesn't hear back he'll just refund my money. How is that not the same damned thing? Well, in one case you'd have a potentially satisfied customer...

Sorry for the novel. I don't feel I have anything more to say on the topic, but I do think this should be public record.

alcaron,

alcaron

Oh and here is the entire contents of the email that started the chain with phil. There is no confidential footer, nor can you actually classify a customer service email as confidential. Certainly not in my state.

mod note: Content deleted. Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.

Wow, it murdered that formatting.

Also here is the footer from the SM emails.

mod note: Content deleted. Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.

"if you are not the intended recipient" i.e. if this was not addressed to you. I am the intended recipient and this is provided "only for use by addressee(s)" which is me. I appreciate your concern but there is nothing in there (and even if there was without consent back you can't just say "you can never tell anyone about this", that's an NDA) says I can't use this for whatever I want.

You can't. But I can. ;p Though even enforcing that beyond the scope of the original communication (i.e. once one party or the other makes it public, again, it isn't under NDA so there is no legal control over what I can or cannot do with it, which is the entire reason why NDA's and not signatures are used for this purpose.

mod note: Back-to-back posts, merged. Please use the edit button, thanks.

I don't care about legalities. We have a rule about posting private communications. You have violated it again despite your warning.

alcaron,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I've stayed out of here until now but I am pretty annoyed....

I am going to step in here and defend SM and the crew. You are expecting too much. They run a small crew of people. Keep in mind this is a start up. They don't have the $$$ to have a huge crew of employees. I can't imagine how they do as good of a job as they do with as little support/employees they have. I own my own buisness and am currently juggling 6+ projects of various forms. I can empathize with what the company is trying to accomplish. I imagine currently SM wishes there was about 72 hours in a day. I know I do.... I can't get everything done in a day I need to. I can't imagine what all he has on his plate.

As for being upset that he did not remember who you were or the details of your conversation. That is just standard operation procedure. Most of the time poeple who do "know what you are talking about" are either just saying that to get you to move along, or they are looking at a screen that has a details history of your issue. He clearly stated that they just implemented their new customer service system and you should enter your ticket there. I would never have expected him to remember my issue. You should not take that personally. I think it is great that he was honest in telling you he did not remember. At least he did not go "Oh yea I remember..." when he did not.

I think you should have told them you don't feel like the ELBs are an appropriate compensation or your shipping. I am sure something could have been worked out. From my general experience they want to please their customer base. Bringing it here though in the manner you did just does not seem overly helpful. Instead of coming in here all: :rant::puke::goon::cuss::rant: about it. You should have been more: :wave::shrug::huh::popcorn::wave: about the issue. I understand you have dealt with this several times. You need to keep in mind though, this is still a start up. They have it more together then %90 of the projects I backed on kickstarter.com. Many of the project I have paid in to have still not even delivered prototypes months past their projected windows.

Top Bottom