Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My last visit to PDX, picking up at the intl terminal, I was able to watch DEA work the security line for over 20 minutes (dogs included), no I'm not going to photograph them . . . TSA runs the line but DEA is invited over to play as far as I can tell.

They don't even need the dogs anymore, this Picosecond Laser thing is millions of times better than any dog . . .

Yeah, that new technology is frightening.

PDX could well be under lots of scrutiny; I don't know because I've never been in Portland. To be fair, it's not as though I'm constantly in any airport, but your contention was "always" and at the airports I use, that's simply not the case. Call me pedantic if you like, many do.

Thanks for taking this over here.

pakalolo,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It looks like it is safer to put a clean vape in your suitcase.

Dreamerr,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yeah, that new technology is frightening.

PDX could well be under lots of scrutiny; I don't know because I've never been in Portland. To be fair, it's not as though I'm constantly in any airport, but your contention was "always" and at the airports I use, that's simply not the case. Call me pedantic if you like, many do.

Thanks for taking this over here.
The only reason I brought it up was because I thought someone gave some bad advice that could have hurt another member of this forum. If I did use the word "always", that would be wrong of me, these guys do mix up their rituals and things vary, especially when you go to Asia. Taking this kind of stuff through say Taiwan or Philippines brings a whole new pucker factor to the situation. So when I speak it is from this perspective as well. The airports in Europe have a completely different feel, holes in the system exist everywhere, pacific islands especially ;)

newcks.jpg

death%2Bto%2Bdrug%2Btraffickers.jpg

t-dub,

SD_haze

The only reason I brought it up was because I thought someone gave some bad advice that could have hurt another member of this forum. If I did use the word "always", that would be wrong of me, these guys do mix up their rituals and things vary, especially when you go to Asia. Taking this kind of stuff through say Taiwan or Philippines brings a whole new pucker factor to the situation. So when I speak it is from this perspective as well. The airports in Europe have a completely different feel, holes in the system exist everywhere, pacific islands especially ;)
Very good points. I just remember reading last month of a young british guy who was sentenced to death for having 20grams of cannabis in United Arab Emirates (UAE)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18587614

Haven't been able to find any update on it saying its been repealed or anything :(

SD_haze,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Some people lack a sense of humor about this shite . . . :whoa:

Who carries 20g in an arab country nonetheless?! I am aware that death penalty is an over reaction in every way you look at it.. but selling dope in UAE, i guess you are playing with fire.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Right, the point is how would they react if you just had a vape that swab tested positive? Do you think they would harass you? Jail you? Extort $$$ from you and your family so you can leave the country? Do you think you might be taken advantage of while under their "care"? It goes on and on, yes its an extreme example, but we have inexperienced readers here who might be traveling worldwide and trying to make decisions. Its good to contemplate the "ifs" beforehand :peace:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Right, the point is how would they react if you just had a vape that swab tested positive? Do you think they would harass you? Jail you? Extort $$$ from you and your family so you can leave the country? Do you think you might be taken advantage of while under their "care"? It goes on and on, yes its an extreme example, but we have inexperienced readers here who might be traveling worldwide and trying to make decisions. Its good to contemplate the "ifs" beforehand :peace:

I see your point and i agree. Airports have a different way of looking at stuff that regular places don't. The recent issues with terrorists just made it all worse. One time i was travelling from India with a didgeridoo, they did not know what it was but let me through. When i caught a second flight in Finland, the guy asks: "Is that a didge?", and i answer: "yes", and then he says: "that has to go with the rest of the luggage, it can be used as a weapon."

I don't think i would ever travel with uncleaned parafernalia, even if it is cleaned, they could harass you or confiscate it and that was that.

vorrange,
Reactions: t-dub

KeepItLit

I've never brought a vape on the plane, but I've brought bud and joints on a plane, and got through easily.

KeepItLit,
Reactions: vpen

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm trying to decide if I should bring my WISPR or buy a Pax Portable to bring with me to Aruba. I would clean it with ISO (or not use the PAX) and then, bring it back. The reason I am hesitant about the VaporGenie Coil is that I don't think I'll be able to use it properly. Seems like you need skill for that. I'm really torn on what I should do. No matter what, I'd put it with some tobacco.

newVaper420,

Dreamerr

I would say either if in your luggage. I don't think I would do it through scanning. I have brought pills through scanning no issue. I also brought joints through scanning on a cruise with drug dogs no issue even when they walked right by me. It is still scary either way. If I brought a bottle of liquor there would be no issue this is so dumb.

What is in Portland that they have so much security. We have the worse security in any country and more then likely the most expensive. Minimum wage workers that play with peoples feeding tubes and do other unmentionable things it is disgusting. I am in a wheelchair and dread every time I have to fly. They feel me up from head to toe and back again. It is totally crazy.

Dreamerr,

vpen

yeah i travel alot. i started vaping and stopped smoking. vape helps me stop smoking and i'm grateful
i have concerns about airport security since my flight is usually 15 hours or more stopping at airports.
but a good thing about it is i stopped smoking. tried for five years with patches and gums but never worked.
my lungs required intake so this time around vaporizer pretty much saved my life.
i had problems breathing at night when i was smoking tobacco before. now no more feelings as if something is on your chest and throat at night.
whoever invent this will be a nobel prize winner. vaping will save alot of lives.

vpen,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
Anyone know if you can clean a Thermovape Revolution with ISO for air travel? watched one vid where the guy reviewing the device says you can boil it.. but I'm not sure I believe him.

SlinginPaint,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Anyone know if you can clean a Thermovape Revolution with ISO for air travel? watched one vid where the guy reviewing the device says you can boil it.. but I'm not sure I believe him.
Yes, you can ISO and boil the Revolution. When boiling, use a little basket or some such to keep parts from direct contact with the bottom of the pan and easy removal.

Dreamerr

t-dub I think you just solved my problem of the glass stems banging on the pan but not sure...use a piece of screen or a strainer. What do you think T? If not do you have a solution?

Dreamerr,

Tweek

Nice T-Dub:tup: When I boil I tend to either rest it on a strainer like t-dub or I put a dish cloth on the bottom of the pot. This is what my mom does when she is canning and it works well.

Dreamerr

You don't reclaim tweek? Using a cloth or high water level makes that harder.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Ah not if you soak in iso first. I just learned how to do my solo stems in water and butter and I must say I liked it. I wasn't crazy about drinking hot chocolate so when that came up I did it right away. So now I have become a bit more interested in reclaim.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Bebop

DJKEWU

I'm headed to Dallas on a business trip and I was planning on taking my Solo....just the unit . I plan to mail a spare tube to my destination. I'm taking my laptop, iPad and a bunch of other "gadget-like" items such as cords, plugs, portable batteries, etc, and I figured the Solo, mixed in with my other stuff, would raise an eyebrow, especially if its cleaned as well.
Anyone travel with their vaporizer? If so, any problems with security? I plan I taking it in my carry-on.

Thanks for your input!

DJKEWU,
Top Bottom