Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

JustOnCloud9

Ate the Kumo Kumo no mi
a friend of mine brought a bubbler that looked like a guiness beer bottle from his vacation in hawaii. tsa didn't fuck with him one iota. I wouldn't bring an at home vape through the airport, too pricey and valuable just in case they confiscate it, but maybe a portable.

JustOnCloud9,

u bwade wunner

Im going to La in November for a holiday.ive been thinking about taking a twig or my hi and aromatherapy bowl for oils .i might also put a few pieces of 3/8 silicone tube in there too and a few ss pipe screens.thats hotel use.

I will also need something swift ninja like,that is easy to clean and will work all day on a few batteries.when im out and about I hit my launch box every 20 mins or so 3 or 4 good hits and im right.I had considered the iolite but thinking about it I dont wanna take butane on a flight at all.Would consider the solo but mine always has crumbs drop from inside it when i shake it.there is the thermovape i guess but battery life is an issue for me.I m looking at the palm.all glass airpath and a few batts and im ready to go.I will be carrying tobacco too in case i fancy vaping that:rolleyes: I also like to be able to immerse all relevant components in an iso bath.any ideas and no butane or battery hungry monsters please.:)

the ploom looks good too but aug 1 release and not enough info

Im thinking there isn t really anything yet thats perfect for air travel and holiday use.

designs available are too fiddly to clean for passing checks at baggage or immigration
they also either use butane ,not an option in my book:) or chew batteries.

Im not unhappy,im excited to see whats around the corner,so many new developments already this year.Im sure something suitable is on its way.

u bwade wunner,

natural farmer

Hey Wunner! Why not taking the solo with you? Energy wise it's like using a cellphone and the stems can clean to look like new...

edit: ok, saw the comment on the solo now... You think they would unscrew the solo to check in it's guts?

natural farmer,

u bwade wunner

I know but Im sure those doggies would love it too.there is no way material should be able to enter into the main chassis of the solo.Those four holes lead directly to vertical air intakes on top of the solo.Ill see if I can post a pic.Hold up!

u bwade wunner,

natural farmer

but isnt abv still product and on their radar?

I am not so sure my friend... An experience I had few pages back says they don't. But this could be a random incident... Two dogs past right next to a spilled load of not so baked ABV from the MFLB and didn't even turn their heads. They went straight for the next persons bag which proved to have nothing inside.

Don't you have any bags to check in so you can throw any vaporizer inside and go with no control?

natural farmer,

u bwade wunner

IMG_0008.jpeg

I get what you are saying Ili,its just I don t wanna take any chances with the nice loose fingered people at the TSA. so check in or baggage I dont want any issues.I will be flapping as it is.I hate airports:lol:

:cool: above pic comes from vaplexus this was a great post when he took the solo apart and modded it.you can see from the picture that the 4 holes in the bottom of the crucible are fed air from the top of the crucible through those curved quadrant slots, so in theory no material should be able to enter the solo body itself unless it tracks along those heater wires which is doubtful,therefore it should in theory be suitable for travel use. Ili my friend you might be right.thank you.I will do some research and get back to this thread with my results.one other thing best of luck to you and youre beautiful greece. last time i visited Skiathos :)

u bwade wunner,

natural farmer

Good luck to you too Wunner with the trip and all! :science: Things here in Greece are tough now but I see it as a chance to change one's perspective about the world... ;) If you come around Greece again, you 'll know you 'll have a vape buddy here too! :tup:

u bwade wunner

I'm not sure if im in the right spot for this but I will be travelling to the west coast USA in November for a few weeks,where Im gonna try every strain I can:lol: .Will i need a licence to try U.S meds ? or will I need to meet john shaft? I d really like to keep it simple and enjoy local meds while I m there without having to resort to asking strangers and possibly the wrong folks.Is it possible to enter a dispensary without a meds licence? and are there complications carrying and consuming meds sensibly while travelling visiting areas by car?. we plan to drive to san francisco and the yosemite among other places thanks.

u bwade wunner,

Nic

I'm not sure if im in the right spot for this but I will be travelling to the west coast USA in November for a few weeks,where Im gonna try every strain I can:lol: .Will i need a licence to try U.S meds ? or will I need to meet john shaft? I d really like to keep it simple and enjoy local meds while I m there without having to resort to asking strangers and possibly the wrong folks.Is it possible to enter a dispensary without a meds licence? and are there complications carrying and consuming meds sensibly while travelling visiting areas by car?. we plan to drive to san francisco and the yosemite among other places thanks.

Wanted to take the opportunity to remind all my MMJ friends that California's and all other states' MMJ laws do not apply in National Parks. Park rangers in CA and elsewhere know this and enforce this. Camp safely!

SD_haze

Wanted to take the opportunity to remind all my MMJ friends that California's and all other states' MMJ laws do not apply in National Parks. Park rangers in CA and elsewhere know this and enforce this. Camp safely!
Wow, looks like you're right. Makes sense but this still surprised the heck out of me.

"
National beaches and parks, such as Yosemite, Point Reyes, Sequoia National Park, Ocean Beach and the Channel Islands Beaches, etc. are all considered federal property, despite the fact that these areas are within the physical boundaries of the state of California.

Because these places are deemed federal property, they are patrolled by federal agents that can and will bust anyone for possession of marijuana. This means that even if you are a valid California patient with an up-to-date recommendation from your doctor, you can and will still be cited for possession and have your medicine confiscated by federal law enforcement officers. "

SD_haze,

u bwade wunner

thanks for the info Nic and sd.Planning on a weekend in bryce and sleeping under the stars with some natives .get the whole shaman thing down.what a blast that would be:) .Anyway I have come to the conclusion that travelling with vapes on planes in post 9/11 US is not a good idea.So I wont.It means that I will visit less places when I visit there in November..Im not getting good reports about the TSA in airports over there.its their loss.I will spend my cash in one place and avoid air travel where possible.thats my reckoning.

u bwade wunner,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
More bad news I'm afraid . . .

The end of privacy: Government to deploy laser-based 'molecular strip-search' devices across airports and roadside checkpoints

"Within the next two years, a spooky, powerful and invisible new technology will be deployed by the U.S. government that can instantly scan and identify every molecule on your body or person: the cocaine residue on your dollar bills, prescription drugs in your purse, marijuana in your pocket and even trace powder residue from your practice session at the gun range.

And it can detect all this invisibly, silently, from a range of 50 meters away."

"The scanner is called the Picosecond Programmable Laser. The device works by blasting its target with lasers which vibrate molecules that are then read by the machine that determine what substances a person has been exposed to. This could be Semtex explosives to the bacon and egg sandwich they had for breakfast that morning."

"These laser detection devices are slated to be widely deployed across airports, roadside checkpoints, sports stadiums and anywhere else the government wants to surveil the public. Data collected by these devices can even be tagged to your identity so that the government compiles a database of which chemicals were detected on you at each location, for each day of your life."

t-dub,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I'm traveling to Aruba at some point in the near future. I don't even have my Vapes yet, but I know I can't take the WISPR due to the Butane (and not being able to find 5x Refined Butane in Aruba). I'm not sure if you can find it down there.

I'm definitely not taking my Extreme Q which will probably be getting heavy use. I'm thinking about grabbing a VaporGenie and some pipe tobacco and throwing it in my check-in.

I would love to buy a PAX or a Puffit but those are pricey (> $100) and if the TSA confiscates, then I'll be super upset. (and out > $100). LOL

The quality of meds in Aruba is absolutely awful though. So hoping vaporizing helps with that a little bit. :-D.

newVaper420,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I'm traveling to Aruba at some point in the near future. I don't even have my Vapes yet, but I know I can't take the WISPR due to the Butane (and not being able to find 5x Refined Butane in Aruba). I'm not sure if you can find it down there.

I'm definitely not taking my Extreme Q which will probably be getting heavy use. I'm thinking about grabbing a VaporGenie and some pipe tobacco and throwing it in my check-in.

I would love to buy a PAX or a Puffit but those are pricey (> $100) and if the TSA confiscates, then I'll be super upset. (and out > $100). LOL

The quality of meds in Aruba is absolutely awful though. So hoping vaporizing helps with that a little bit. :-D.

Buy a VG coil. Inexpensive, easily cleaned and gets the job done.

vorrange,

SD_haze

Just curious as to why you recommend a VG coil as opposed to the pipes they have?
You would not want to bring the vaporgenie pipes on the plane, because they look like paraphenlia when disassembled. Also, the wooden pipes can not be 100% cleaned with solvents and will fail a THC swab test.

The coils are the only one that can be disassembled into little parts that are meaningless/innocuous on their own, and can be 100% cleaned with solvents.

Both are pretty important if you're flying :2c:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
You would not want to bring the vaporgenie pipes on the plane, because they look like paraphenlia when disassembled. Also, the wooden pipes can not be 100% cleaned with solvents and will fail a THC swab test.

The coils are the only one that can be disassembled into little parts that are meaningless/innocuous on their own, and can be 100% cleaned with solvents.

Both are pretty important if you're flying :2c:

Perfect. That is exactly the information I was looking for. Looks like the VG Coil is the perfect companion for international travel. Any suggestions on how to put it in the check-in without making it look like it's crazy. Just disassemble and put in with clothes?

newVaper420,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Perfect. That is exactly the information I was looking for. Looks like the VG Coil is the perfect companion for international travel. Any suggestions on how to put it in the check-in without making it look like it's crazy. Just disassemble and put in with clothes?

Don't own one, but yeah, something like that will work. :)

Maybe someone who has been through this already will problably help you more there than me.

vorrange,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
BTW, t-dub, I regularly go through Toronto, Chicago, SF, LA, and Kahalui airports, and I have never ever seen DEA dogs at any lineup. I have seen HS explosive sniffers exactly twice. As you say, you can tell by the uniforms.
My last visit to PDX, picking up at the intl terminal, I was able to watch DEA work the security line for over 20 minutes (dogs included), no I'm not going to photograph them . . . TSA runs the line but DEA is invited over to play as far as I can tell.

They don't even need the dogs anymore, this Picosecond Laser thing is millions of times better than any dog . . .

t-dub,

SD_haze

I'd scatter the disassembled parts, with like half in the carry on.

All you have are some steel coils, a ceramic filter, a steel screen, and a steel retaining ring.

There is one disassembled part that you could use the screen with to kind technically smoke weed, so maybe I'd make sure to separate those two. (the long skinny part the screen normally is in)

SD_haze,
Top Bottom