VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

goodpunk6

https://streamable.com/zwd7p

well, here's video of me using pipes heater. I had to do a few shots because I kept doing dumb shit. I originally thought of killing the sound. But despite the very loud TV in the backgroud, you can hear the clicks. One time, my Omnivap "clicked off" as I was reaching for the heater but no fret, I was able to get back to vaping temps in just over a second. That right there, the subtlety of just being able to jump right back in is part of what this is all about. Thanks @Pipes

In my pic above you can see my 510 vapcap heater. She's for the outside places. Glad I got her today too.

edit: words

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ok, so if you give your nonavong / vong a 4-one thousand count after the click, you will milk the shit out of your bong. I was pretty satisfied with that hit. The herb was perfectly fine.
Yep, my Nonavong and my Jarhead have become very close in the few days they have known one another. They are nearly inseparable now as they seem to truly enjoy each others company, and I too enjoy hangin with them. :cool:

There are already 2 or 3 glass pieces that want to party with them as well. And the beat goes on...

Added: Shit, I can't get Sonny and Cher out of my head...

Last edited:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Ok, so if you give your nonavong / vong a 4-one thousand count after the click, you will milk the shit out of your bong. I was pretty satisfied with that hit. The herb was perfectly fine.

Interesting,

I only count 2-one thousand and then remove at three (before the one thousand). I guess it's the count of 2.5 seconds.

If I go for the 3-one thousand (+0.5 seconds) I get charing and slight combustion.

I'm using a Ti-Tip on a @phattpiggie custom stem loaded into an MFLB Orbiter.

2.5 white walls but I've also been tipping my Induction Heater over and giving 1.5 second blasts as I see the vapor thinning out. I'm finding that I'm boosting like that about twice after the initial draw to completely whitewall my entire draw.

goodpunk6

Interesting,

I only count 2-one thousand and then remove at three (before the one thousand). I guess it's the count of 2.5 seconds.

If I go for the 3-one thousand (+0.5 seconds) I get charing and slight combustion.

I'm using a Ti-Tip on a @phattpiggie custom stem loaded into an MFLB Orbiter.

2.5 white walls but I've also been tipping my Induction Heater over and giving 1.5 second blasts as I see the vapor thinning out. I'm finding that I'm boosting like that about twice after the initial draw to completely whitewall my entire draw.

Interesting.....hmmm....I'm in New Jersey and its relatively mild here today. 72F I have noticed that my bud is also getting hella cooked on the tip. @Pipes is this normal? I'm getting the bud on the end dark and the rest of it green to light brown. Is it my technique? I'm also using a 11inch 9mm beaker type bong.

I feel like I could go to a 6 one thousand without burning anything.

goodpunk6

Last edited by a moderator:

xlr8shun

Lastest "mod" to my M, (inspired by the rolling paper w pinhole mod). its some heatshrink wrap people use for wires, instead of electrical tape..

I put the hole in AFTER i heated it up to fit, else it might have stretched the hole as it shrunk.

Doesnt require (for me) to even touch the carb anymore.. not too shabby!

Edit: damn, my bad.. thought this was the VC thread..

Hey, at least i got a pic of the JHII in there.. ;)

Last edited:

goodpunk6

Lastest "mod" to my M, (inspired by the rolling paper w pinhole mod). its some heatshrink wrap people use for wires, instead of electrical tape..

I put the hole in AFTER i heated it up to fit, else it might have stretched the hole as it shrunk.

Doesnt require (for me) to even touch the carb anymore.. not too shabby!

very cool. you know, I saw a video on youtube where a guy moved the smaller O-Ring up to the carb hole and that did the same thing. Personally, I used that and a 1/8inch vinyl tube in a 14mm glass piece. It worked way better than the mouthpiece that dynavap sells.

However, your idea with the shrink wrap is pretty awesome. when you want to go back to carb control you don't need to take it apart, you just cut the wrap. Dope!

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Interesting.....hmmm....I'm in New Jersey and its relatively mild here today. 72F I have noticed that my bud is also getting hella cooked on the tip. @Pipes is this normal? I'm getting the bud on the end dark and the rest of it green to light brown. Is it my technique? I'm also using a 11inch 9mm beaker type bong.

I feel like I could go to a 6 one thousand without burning anything.
Dang it, that was a hell of a one hitter in your vid!!!

As said, keep herb away from touch cap. Also, could be the herb and/or technique.
Try as is for a bit, and if continues this pattern, adjusting the insertion height will be the solution.

:science:

xlr8shun

I too experienced some charring on my first two flower loads.
I'll try pushing the flower back a bit.
I did one run with concentrates...egads.
I was the only thing charred.

I been breaking off a small piece of kief i pressed myself, and sandwhiching it between flower. So, 3 layers, flower > kief > flower.

I got 18 (or 19, was really hard to keep count) out of 1 bowl by using the JHII..

Thanks @Pipes

TeeJay1952

It is like the Miliana in that we are the control on the device. I like sweet and mostly flavor with no exhale vapor for first hit and then pop heat while I hold. hits 2 - 6 are clouds with diminishing taste and dump cocoa from Cap. I am grinding and choosing loose flower finger tight. We heat it up and surf the top heat hopefully without char.
Toasty and breathless after a sesh.

goodpunk6

Dang it, that was a hell of a one hitter in your vid!!!

As said, keep herb away from touch cap. Also, could be the herb and/or technique.
Try as is for a bit, and if continues this pattern, adjusting the insertion height will be the solution.

:science:

Yeah no idea how I did that. It just happened and I just so happened to catch it on video. I have never been able to reproduce that. Just dry herb

I can adjust the insertion height on the jarhead II?? how so? I thought I had to insert until i felt the press.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Yeah no idea how I did that. It just happened and I just so happened to catch it on video. I have never been able to reproduce that. Just dry herb

I can adjust the insertion height on the jarhead II?? how so? I thought I had to insert until i felt the press.
Adjustment only as last resort. @MonkeyTime posted here asking basically the same question. Have not heard anyting further so I assume all ended up good for him. Any update @MonkeyTime ? Did you end up adjusting or find a technique change? TIA.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Naw, never noticed anything different myself. But never really purposely tried and measure.

Insertion depth is the key.

Not deep enough - Hot tip and symptoms as mentioned in a couple posts.

Too deep - Will trip current protection in JH power supply. Also, heats above the stem causing un-needed heat thus wasting battery in portable units.

In the making of these, there are two factors which tolerances could both combine and cause this. I tend to lean more to the not shutting down the supply side, which explains no complaints about that.

1/Assembling the tube/LED/tactile switch component. I keep the start of coil just slightly past the length of the 3 LEDs that wrap around it. The LEDs and switch are held in place by shrink tubing which I adjust as it shrinks. Some minor shifting occurs but very slight for the most part.

2/The thickness of the wooden spacer is cut by eyeball on my grinder I use for cutting pipe. Pre-scorches the wood to help it withstand the heat better. Try to keep it 2-4 mil thickness. This part I can improve upon with the feedback I get. However, this is also user adjustable but not an on the fly type adjustment. Just need long needle nose pliers to grab the center wooden spacer and pull strait up. The tubing which holds it on the top of switch might or might not come out with the spacer. Sand a mil or so off the spacer and re-insert strait down. Can be finicky but once it aligns you will feel it slide back on the switch.

Hope this helps. If not please PM me.

:cool:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
@Pipes Does it matter at all how close one is to the wall? Should I try to stay centered? (Not in a spiritual sense)
@cybrguy, if you're standing up while using it, you definitely want to be close to the wall. That way you have something to grab onto when your knees buckle from the massive clouds this thing produces! :razz:

:spliff:

Edit: Now I realize after reading @Pipes' post that you were referring to the VapCap and the wall of the glass tube, not yourself and the wall in the room. :doh: Your post makes so much more sense now! :rofl:

Last edited:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Good answer @Derrrpp! :lmao:I like it.

Got some work done today. Have most of the coil modulars attached to the drivers ready for finial assembly.
Still need to drill holes in the enclosures for insertion tubes but rear panel holes are all drilled and populated.

I figure these Portsides will ship next week.

I have decided to go for a third batch of PSs and have just placed an order for another 24 enclosures which was all the stock they had on hand.
The completion of this 3rd batch will not be for 3 months or so.
Currently still have enough parts to keep orders for Jarheads and Skeletors flowing but running low. :uhh:

;):science:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Guess I'm the owner of the first U-Skeletor.
Had a homebrewer fest over 4 days at my house, 70 different homebrews, tot. 280l. All tokers were very excited by the VC in combination with the Skeletor. Two days ago I forgot my S. built in an old tobacco box on my patio table over night? - day? - I don't know anymore but a nice rain fillded up the box with water. Currentely I'm not trying to use it, first want to let it dry out completely.
Hope it will work again. Any first aid advices? Checks?
Dam' love this thing so much need a working one again so fast as possible!

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

Adjustment only as last resort. @MonkeyTime posted here asking basically the same question. Have not heard anyting further so I assume all ended up good for him. Any update @MonkeyTime ? Did you end up adjusting or find a technique change? TIA.
Good morning @Pipes , no, it hasn't sorted itself out. I just haven't had the time to spend on it, and when no one else mentioned this issue, figured it was just technique.

I'll have some time tonight or Friday, but all of my efforts have ended pretty similarly. I can char the tip of the cap, the rest of the bowl stays greener towards the mouthpiece end. This morning after reading a few of these posts, I tried it again, medium grind, light pack to keep it away from the tip......first heat was 5-1thousands after, next 4 were 3-1thousands after. The end was dark chocolate brown, i scraped it off/out (maybe 1/3 of the bowl?) and heated it another 4 times at 3 seconds after to finish it sorta.

I'm getting the same results I would with a flame if I heated near the tip.

Any other suggestions before I start to attempt an adjustment? Any suggestions on the adjustment?

I've been using only the new blackwood omnivong with it to stave off inconsistencies of different units.

I'm in no hurry, I think this may change my vaping patterns moving forward. I'd like to get this dialed in, in it's own sweet time.

Last edited:

goodpunk6

Good morning @Pipes , no, I just haven't had enough time to document or really test.

I've tried a lot of different packs styles, I get wispy vapor and the tip gets cooked in the top 1/4, the rest of the bowl fades into green.

Good morning @Pipes , no, it hasn't sorted itself out. I just haven't had the time to spend on it, and when no one else mentioned this issue, figured it was just technique.

I'll have some time tonight or Friday, but all of my efforts have ended pretty similarly. I can char the tip of the cap, the rest of the bowl stays greener towards the mouthpiece end. This morning after reading a few of these posts, I tried it again, medium grind, light pack to keep it away from the tip......first heat was 5-1thousands after, next 4 were 3-1thousands after. The end was dark chocolate brown, i scraped it off/out (maybe 1/3 of the bowl?) and heated it another 4 times at 3 seconds after to finish it sorta.

I'm getting the same results I would with a flame if I heated near the tip.

Any other suggestions before I start to attempt an adjustment? Any suggestions on the adjustment?

I've been using only the new blackwood omnivong with it to stave off inconsistencies of different units.

I'm in no hurry, I think this may change my vaping patterns moving forward. I'd like to get this dialed in, in it's own sweet time.

I am unfortunately having the same issues. I am not very inclined to working on stuff like this and I live in a condo so have no tools or anywhere to actually do any work like that.

Top Bottom