VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

MonkeyTime

If it's running good. do not attempt it in case you run into trouble. Specially with the JHs as if penetration is too deep you may start tripping the current protection in the power supply. Also, can cause too much heat to the upper part of VC which is more or less wasted.
You know what they say about if it ain't broke....
The only case I'd worry is if the load is not heating evenly or scorching at the tip.
:science:
It's only heating at the tip, the load is noticeably under done.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hmmm, :hmm: Has this developed over time?
First check the glass hasn't physically moved in the coil. This is also a way to adjust the position of heat transfer. In some cases easier...?
Either way, it's the coil position in reference to the VC. If it stops working and the power supply light goes off and on, you've got too much inside the coil.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@duff , I'm THRILLED you posted pic showing the tin container for the Skeletor. Now I think I probably can get in online through the Container Store. I love the pic below that the vc member posted using it:

http://i.imgur.com/oK17zq0.jpg

Now I have a choice between the Skeletor or the Portside. I really love the functionality of the indicator lights, but the darn thing, aesthetically, totally reminds me of a oversided external hard drive. Just saw too many of those in my day as I was around pre-laptop. :myday: :) So I'm conflicted as to which one to get.:\

I'm cross-posting this from the VapeXhale Cloud Evo thread just in case you haven't seen it before. I've already cross-posted to the DV VC thread. As I previousy said, this is especially cool for me since I've already planned on getting the Evo as my next acquisition. How cool is that the vc & Evo pair up.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud-evo.11357/page-664#post-1144533

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyTime

Hmmm, :hmm: Has this developed over time?
First check the glass hasn't physically moved in the coil. This is also a way to adjust the position of heat transfer. In some cases easier...?
Either way, it's the coil position in reference to the VC. If it stops working and the power supply light goes off and on, you've got too much inside the coil.
No, it just arrived Friday. I only had a little time to play until yesterday. I'll check the glass and compare it's sitting position to some of the pics unless you have a set measurement to try and start with?

duff

Well worn
Oh snap!
0zCljuD.jpg

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
16YNf1y.gif

I didn't waste any time.
Put the batteries in and gave it the old college try.
On my maiden load, I counted to three after the click and got some charring, but my technique was non-existent. I will need to be more conservative next time.
It heated very quickly.
Very cool device.
It really deserves a nicer home than that tin can. I may need to rethink.

If I wasn't so fried from that load, I'd try again.
Really awesome @Pipes.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
would anyone mind posting a pic of the power supply that comes with this thing? Mine is lost in a sea of power supplies...

stickstones,
Reactions: Derrrpp

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You need the one I sent. Most other ones that I tried can't take the surge.
BTW, the first one posted was the charger for portables, not the supply.
Second picture is correct. I know the rating states 5 amps but it does a better job than 6 amp supplies I've tried.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
would anyone mind posting a pic of the power supply that comes with this thing? Mine is lost in a sea of power supplies...
Funny. I have made a rule in my house that any new power supply/AC adapter MUST have a label applied within 24 hours of opening the package. It doesn't ALWAYS get done on time, but it always gets done.
xODMeFj.jpg

That being said, they can still disappear. I haven't seen the power supply for my FM5 since it was a couple months old. It has a label on it, but that apparently wasn't enough... :lol:

Top Bottom