VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
I've done the one click bowl a few times. I've tried it a couple times with the torch, too. Definitely a much better experience with the induction heater, there's a little more room for error and more consistency.

Mostly I do regular "click-to-click" bowls, because the pace of the one click bowls is too fast for me. You have to constantly puff, heat, puff, heat... If you wait too long you'll get a cool-down click. I like to space my hits out a little more.

Edit: sometimes I use it dry and sometimes through one of my bubblers. If going dry I stop closer to the click to savor the flavor, and if going through water I'll push it an extra second or so to milk it more. I almost always use my Ti tip with the screen set in the middle position, to reduce the bowl size by about 50%.

Last edited:

goodpunk6

I've done the one click bowl a few times. I've tried it a couple times with the torch, too. Definitely a much better experience with the induction heater, there's a little more room for error and more consistency.

Mostly I do regular "click-to-click" bowls, because the pace of the one click bowls is too fast for me. You have to constantly puff, heat, puff, heat... If you wait too long you'll get a cool-down click. I like to space my hits out a little more.

With the jarhead you can heat in between clicks

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@GreenHopper bowl size? Dry or watersports?

I couldn't fit all the vapor I've been getting in my lungs in one go.

I've got pretty good lung capacity and draw strength when the allergies aren't kicking in.

Thinking about it my fist session of the day is always click to click.

The middle sessions tend to be click to click with the re-breathing technique.

Then I do the mega single click hit, 1/2 bowl, maybe 2/3. I like to leave a small gap to avoid charing.

As that tapers off I do my semi hit to strip off some of the heady THC ready for the nap hit.

Edit: oh Yeh all run through my @phattpiggie WonG on an MFLB. This week no water in the MFLB, last week I was using a small amount of water.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I can keep topping up my lungs but not one continuous hit, my upper respiratory system don't like it.

And what's a 'nap hit' :lol:.

No matter what I vape I need to do something and/or eat, massive amount of munchies.
'Fuck that's delicious' on when I'm turning hasn't helped.

Back to the matter at hand, I can't wait to let me mate know about the extra run time, he was impressed with mine and he's got 25r's so he'll get a few more bowls than me.

He's been exclusive VC since his last Xmax/Storm gave up, and he loves his dual torch, but he's coming round a bit to the idea of silent vaping.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I can keep topping up my lungs but not one continuous hit, my upper respiratory system don't like it.

And what's a 'nap hit' :lol:.

No matter what I vape I need to do something and/or eat, massive amount of munchies.
'Fuck that's delicious' on when I'm turning hasn't helped.

Back to the matter at hand, I can't wait to let me mate know about the extra run time, he was impressed with mine and he's got 25r's so he'll get a few more bowls than me.

He's been exclusive VC since his last Xmax/Storm gave up, and he loves his dual torch, but he's coming round a bit to the idea of silent vaping.

I don't seem to cough much or struggle when inhaling. I can get a slight tickle on the exhale but I mostly have that under control.

My nap hit is my favourite, it's the last hit of the night before bed or have a nap. I have a light low temp hit to strip off some of the THC. Once the spacey high starts to fade I go for a big higher temp rip on the same bowl to get a nice stoney body buzz.

Edit: Thinking about it I'm gonna call it my NightCap. :D

I think every Vapcapper should have an induction heater. Mine is so consistent and really let's me dial in my usage.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I think every Vapcapper should have an induction heater. Mine is so consistent and really let's me dial in my usage.

@Derrrpp beat me to it.
100% agree.

I've got earbuds in and music on while I'm using mine, a more controllable heat means I can add just enough every time.

I've had problems for a while with my inhaling, I just adjusted my toking. Plus mouth to lung was a natural for me. Prime the system first and it's fine.

xlr8shun

Wow! I bought the jarhead ii so I'm not concerned about portability but damn, maybe I should have considered it. Either way, i've got a 510 heater/mod for on the go.

200-300 hits holy smokes

Dont worry, w you JHII, you have an infinite amount of hits, as long as you pay the power bill :lol::lol:

I love my JHII, considering a skeletor also, for on the go.. but w an inverter in the car, my JHII is pretty portable already. :brow::brow:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
@Derrrpp beat me to it.
100% agree.

I've got earbuds in and music on while I'm using mine, a more controllable heat means I can add just enough every time.

I've had problems for a while with my inhaling, I just adjusted my toking. Plus mouth to lung was a natural for me. Prime the system first and it's fine.

Gotta say I like what you are doing with your Skelator. Separating the Induction coil from the batts would make it easier to top up the heat on a cap that's sitting upright in a bubbler. At the moment I have to invert the Portside and hold it over the bubbler, not a huge hassle but your solution is nice and elegant.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Gotta say it was really a breeze using the JarHeadII last night. Just as easy as described, and best of all, extremely predictable. I can see using it with music blasting, and as long as I can count seconds, I can get the kind of hit I am looking for. I predict I will be using my VCs quite a bit more at home now. I had 2 other vapes sitting there loaded in the vape station and never touched them all night.
@Pipes , you definitely have a winner here. Congratulations. You have an OUTSTANDING accessory to a great vape. It will put them (VCs) in reach of many who have trouble mastering them.

goodpunk6

Gotta say it was really a breeze using the JarHeadII last night. Just as easy as described, and best of all, extremely predictable. I can see using it with music blasting, and as long as I can count seconds, I can get the kind of hit I am looking for. I predict I will be using my VCs quite a bit more at home now. I had 2 other vapes sitting there loaded in the vape station and never touched them all night.
@Pipes , you definitely have a winner here. Congratulations. You have an OUTSTANDING accessory to a great vape. It will put them (VCs) in reach of many who have trouble mastering them.

I absolutely know that you were loving it dude. I bet its the perfect bowl every time. I'm closing my eyes and dreaming of a dream

I'm still waiting for my package to leave chicago. It's been there since Wednesday. Seems like it should have left by now if its going to make its scheduled Monday delivery. Looking more like Tuesday.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I feel for you. Just FYI, and maybe a glimmer of hope, I have had things miss the first data pickup after customs and show up soon after apparently getting out of customs jail.

Whenever it gets there you will be glad it did.

This is one skeptic fully converted. It's not like I'll never use a torch with a VC again, but it will be quite uncommon and totally unnecessary at home.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
You should be excited! This is a game changer! :D
It is that, but you still have to be careful it's easy to go to far.
I'm on my battery tally chart thingy again.
Counting how many bowls, mix of single click and 'whatever happens' as I'm out in the rain BBQ'ing pork belly.
And how much greenery to a charge, I weighed out before I started.

duff

Well worn
Wife: "Damn. I married a stoner."
ViDW5sq.jpg

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I like the Tin can.

If you don't have a hole punch and plan to drill, sandwich the top between two pieces of wood before you drill. Clamp it tight and then drill the hole. Else the top will end up looking beat up. :goon:

I can relate to the wife wondering why your looking at weird stuff... Happens to me all the time. :hmm:

duff

Well worn
How long you been married?
20 years but most of those were pre VAS.

If you don't have a hole punch and plan to drill, sandwich the top between two pieces of wood before you drill. Clamp it tight and then drill the hole.
Thanks @Pipes, I should be prepared. My plan was to clamp a board to the backside and drill with a step bit that I used to use to cut holes for network cable in metal joists.

I can relate to the wife wondering why your looking at weird stuff... Happens to me all the time.
Marital bliss ;)

MonkeyTime

Hey @Pipes or anyone else with experience, can we still adjust the depth of the VC as described in post 203?

To adjust, the center spacer part can be grabbed with tweezers or fine needle nose pliers through the top opening. Once out, it can be sanded down a bit or extra space added to make longer. Then re-inserted and pushed into the sleeve. They are currently adjusted to click in 4-5 seconds and then a 3 count. (2 seconds)
Most will want to shorten this by a mil or so but I did not want to get it working with my VC to have the supply hiccup on someone else cap.

20170228_215017-1_zpsjnyyvcmm.jpg

This was the first round of JH's, not the newer JH II's, wasn't sure if this changed?

Mine is running pretty cool, think it needs to sit/heat deeper.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
If it's running good. do not attempt it in case you run into trouble. Specially with the JHs as if penetration is too deep you may start tripping the current protection in the power supply. Also, can cause too much heat to the upper part of VC which is more or less wasted.
You know what they say about if it ain't broke....
The only case I'd worry is if the load is not heating evenly or scorching at the tip.
:science:

Top Bottom