VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

odc57

This should be the same exact battery that comes in the PSM from Pipes himself if I'm correct.

Here is a video showing how to assemble/disassemble the PSM

Ty Muunch, I’m a New owner of a PSM and so far I am getting Great mileage from my Heater. But as cheap as the batteries are I would still like to have a spare. Plus I’m on the list to get the “Caldron” which I will probably use more than the PSM. :leaf:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Ty Muunch, I’m a New owner of a PSM and so far I am getting Great mileage from my Heater. But as cheap as the batteries are I would still like to have a spare. Plus I’m on the list to get the “Caldron” which I will probably use more than the PSM. :leaf:

I have had mine just shy of 2 months and love it to the moon and back, but I couldn't fathom being without it.

A spare battery will always be kept around, for me.

I have high hopes for IH offerings coming this year. My PSM will stay by my side doing most of the heavy lifting as I patiently wait to see what treats get unveiled.

odc57

I have had mine just shy of 2 months and love it to the moon and back, but I couldn't fathom being without it.

A spare battery will always be kept around, for me.

I have high hopes for IH offerings coming this year. My PSM will stay by my side doing most of the heavy lifting as I patiently wait to see what treats get unveiled.

I have one more question, how long does it take to Charge a completely Dead battery on a PSM ??? Mine seems to charge in about 40 min. Tonight is only the 3rd time I have had to charge it in a week. I'm still getting Blinking Red & Green lights on the charger, is this normal ???
:leaf:

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I have one more question, how long does it take to Charge a completely Dead battery on a PSM ??? Mine seems to charge in about 40 min. Tonight is only the 3rd time I have had to charge it in a week.

If only you had asked maybe an hour ago...

I will get back to you on this.

myla

Anvibian
I have one more question, how long does it take to Charge a completely Dead battery on a PSM ??? Mine seems to charge in about 40 min. Tonight is only the 3rd time I have had to charge it in a week. I'm still getting Blinking Red & Green lights on the charger, is this normal ???
Not from dead but from PSM not heating i.e. no blue light at all, it takes about 58 mins to fully charge it. I always stop charging at 55 min to save battery life

myla,
Reactions: odc57

Anzac Evo

This there anywhere to find out where u are on the psm waiting list.sorry to sound rushy.so hope i get a karma 2019 m pack after watching dynavap vid today since i preordered.but being in australia i dont have my fingers crossed.

Anzac Evo,

odc57

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there has been any "Up Dates" on the New Caldron Induction Heater ??? :leaf:

seki

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows if there has been any "Up Dates" on the New Caldron Induction Heater ??? :leaf:

I think there's something of an update on @Pipes FAQ page. If you click on the images in his signature at the bottom of his posts, it'll take you there. Here's the link for reference:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_202eBzWeF7rkTjqV5sWumPxtbSNtfjqOZEs1i9d16k/edit

From the FAQ:
The Caldron is a basic BareBone driver modular encased in an enclosure which is identical to the PortSide Mini but is cut to 68mm tall rather than 100mm which is the length of the popular PSM. This unit requires an external 12 volt high current power supply which comes with the package. It uses a 5.5X2.1mm standard DC connector which is detachable at the side of the unit.

Caldron: 66 X 43 X 70mm Height
Portside Mini Dimensions: 66 X 43 X 102mm Height

Current Estimated Wait Times:
Caldron - May

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @Pipes , I got a Jarhead induction heater from you some years ago, lately it was under daily use but suddenly die today.
Maybe not so suddenly cause since a few days I experimented 2 issues:

- It happened a few times it didn't worked (no light and no heat), I thought it was cause a bad plug cause it never lasted very long.

- It happened 2 or 3 times (last was yesterday) I heard sizzling noise for a heating cycle or two...

Today, I loaded my VapCap, inserted it in the JarHead, got a few seconds of light and heating, no sizzling, not enough time to get the clic before the light suddenly turn off... and the heating too. Since I tried to play with the jack plug since I thought it was the culprit but I wasn't able to turn it on again for the first time since I got it. Once I saw the light for a second or less so I'm still thinking it's maybe a connexion issue since it's very loose... but all my subsequents tries was unsuccessfull.

I know there is no warranty supports to expect but maybe could you lead me in the right direction in order to try to fix my unit by myself. Or maybe somebody else...?

Thanks in advance.

PPN,

Anzac Evo

Hi @Pipes , I got a Jarhead induction heater from you some years ago, lately it was under daily use but suddenly die today.

- It happened a few times it didn't worked (no light and no heat), I thought it was cause a bad plug cause it never lasted very long.

- It happened 2 or 3 times (last was yesterday) I heard sizzling noise for a heating cycle or two...

Today, I loaded my VapCap, inserted it in the JarHead, got a few seconds of light and heating, no sizzling, not enough time to get the clic before the light suddenly turn off... and the heating too. Since I tried to play with the jack plug since I thought it was the culprit but I wasn't able to turn it on again for the first time since I got it. Once I saw the light for a second or less so I'm still thinking it's maybe a connexion issue since it's very loose... but all my subsequents tries was unsuccessfull.

I know there is no warranty supports to expect but maybe could you lead me in the right direction in order to try to fix my unit by myself. Or maybe somebody else...?

Thanks in advance.
How many years is some years ago bro.plus with daily use.maby time to upgrade.

Anzac Evo,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

Thanks in advance.
You purchased June 2017. Time sure flies.
The FETs are most likely shorted out. I predict a Caldron in your future. ;)
The good news is you will have a backup supply. :)

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I received my shipment of Caldron enclosures today. They look perfect and were packed very well, for a change. So on schedule for release in May or maybe a little before.
Here's a sneak peek of the first unit I put together today.

All fits together as expected. The BB driver is the direct driver replacement. In fact, the BB driver is now the only driver assembly I'm making and fits the PSM as well.

Some recent purchasers will have likely noticed that I once again changed up the activation switch mechanism. This change is to address reports of the rubber protection tubing causing issues as well as the rhinestone becoming loose and getting lost.
So basically, it's now a 1/2 sphere pearl look rhinestone affixed by heat activated glue. Secondarily held in place with shrink tubing to keep from moving when hot. Ditched the tubing and went back to the orange o-rings, but this time, 3 rings stacked tight. They fit snug inside the glass tube and has a little clearance between the switch shaft. Now, if anyone does lose the stone, the o-rings will prevent the user from melting the top of the switch giving them a chance to fix before its toast. Since I introduced this a couple of months back, there have been no reports of problems in this area anymore. :tup:

And lastly, I am no longer using PP for payment but will be requesting E-Transfers instead. This is mainly because of giving PP close to a 5% cut doesn't feel right and doing this will help me in not raising prices due to the product costs increasing from buying China products. The component/parts pricing has gone up substantially over the last couple of years. I think that I've earned peoples confidence now anyways. :D

Anzac Evo

Hey guys, I received my shipment of Caldron enclosures today. They look perfect and were packed very well, for a change. So on schedule for release in May or maybe a little before.
Here's a sneak peek of the first unit I put together today.

All fits together as expected. The BB driver is the direct driver replacement. In fact, the BB driver is now the only driver assembly I'm making and fits the PSM as well.

Some recent purchasers will have likely noticed that I once again changed up the activation switch mechanism. This change is to address reports of the rubber protection tubing causing issues as well as the rhinestone becoming loose and getting lost.
So basically, it's now a 1/2 sphere pearl look rhinestone affixed by heat activated glue. Secondarily held in place with shrink tubing to keep from moving when hot. Ditched the tubing and went back to the orange o-rings, but this time, 3 rings stacked tight. They fit snug inside the glass tube and has a little clearance between the switch shaft. Now, if anyone does lose the stone, the o-rings will prevent the user from melting the top of the switch giving them a chance to fix before its toast. Since I introduced this a couple of months back, there have been no reports of problems in this area anymore. :tup:

And lastly, I am no longer using PP for payment but will be requesting E-Transfers instead. This is mainly because of giving PP close to a 5% cut doesn't feel right and doing this will help me in not raising prices due to the product costs increasing from buying China products. The component/parts pricing has gone up substantially over the last couple of years. I think that I've earned peoples confidence now anyways. :D
Man that looks realy nice.awsome job cant wait to use one.

odc57

Looks Great !!!
Being a Proud Owner of the PSM I can hardly wait to get my hands on the Caldron.
To bad PP does not work out but I can see your Point. Are E-Transfers like sending money thru Western Union ???

Anzac Evo

Looks Great !!!
Being a Proud Owner of the PSM I can hardly wait to get my hands on the Caldron.
To bad PP does not work out but I can see your Point. Are E-Transfers like sending money thru Western Union ???
I think its just an electronic bank transaction.ie over internet or go into ur bank using acc and bsb numbers transfer coin into his account.same as buying from shops in countrys not legal yet on the sly.like in australia.its the only way to pay ozzy shops.via bank no electronic .internet or pp reciept for records.way safer in the banks hands then.i just walk in and fill out one of those OLDSCHOOL paper deposit slips.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Looks Great !!!
You will use your bank to transfer to my email address.
Sign into your bank account online and you'll see e-transfer in there somewhere. It will ask for an email to send funds to and to set a security question and a password which we'll pre-arrange. Depending on your bank's policy and/or your standing, this is free for most or free for x number of transfers.
There are quite a few folks that use it like IPTV providers. :cool:

Anzac Evo

You will use your bank to transfer to my email address.
Sign into your bank account online and you'll see e-transfer in there somewhere. It will ask for an email to send funds to and to set a security question and a password which we'll pre-arrange. Depending on your bank's policy and/or your standing, this is free for most or free for x number of transfers.
There are quite a few folks that use it like IPTV providers. :cool:
Can u do it in person at ur local bank.or do u have to use internet banking.

Anzac Evo,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I've only done by logging on. My guess is a teller would advise you to do it this way as well. Generally, you just need to find your bank online and use your client card number to set up online availability. I think most have this set up anyway and if not, a good time to figure it out. :)

EDIT: HERE is a link that explains the process in full. :D

Last edited:

Anzac Evo

I've only done by logging on. My guess is a teller would advise you to do it this way as well. Generally, you just need to find your bank online and use your client card number to set up online availability. I think most have this set up anyway and if not, a good time to figure it out. :)

I just hate online banking after my account was hackedthen drained by a south african at 2am on a sat night.a hole

Anzac Evo,

odc57

@Pipes
My Bank uses "Zelle" todo transfers, does that sound right ??? :leaf:

odc57,
Reactions: Pipes
Top Bottom