VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
@Pipes
My Bank uses "Zelle" todo transfers, does that sound right ??? :leaf:
I'm new to this method as well. Going to be some growing pains. The document I linked above digs deeper into financial institutions methods. I'm not sure how the currency will be handled at this point neither. My pricing is USD dollars so this may have to be converted somewhere along the way too. No worries as we'll adapt.
:cool:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
So this last week has been an eye-opener for best methods for transferring funds. First off, my apologies for assuming most banks support email e-transfers. Apparently, this is only an easy method for the Canadian banking system. Seems pot laws aren't the only way we Canucks are leading the way. :smug:

So there are 3 methods that I've established work very well. Below is a cut and paste from the FAQ document.

Payment Methods (NEW)

USA Orders: Friends and family money transfer via PayPal.

Log into PayPal and under "tools", "send money", choose "send to friends and family". Send the USD funds to my provided email. This will save me fees. Please add your FC nickname, email along with your full shipping address in the comments field.

Canadian Orders: Interac Bank Transfer.

Log into your online banking and use afterthoughts@bell.net as email and set the security question to "what's hot?" and answer "induction". And put your FC nickname, email, and shipping address into the comments. You will receive a tracking number shortly after funds are received. Note that pricing is in USD dollars and conversion is needed to CAD dollars. Shipping within Canada is $15 USD.

International Orders: Normal PayPal Invoicing.

I will just need an email associated with your PP account and I will invoice. Please ensure all shipping information is up-to-date. Also, please make sure your phone number is present in the shipping information. This may be very important depending on the countries postal system. International orders are shipped by air without tracking. Note that pricing is for single units only and if more than one unit needed, separate packaging for each is recommended because of shipping pricing and customs value declaration.
Hopefully, this clears up any confusion on how to pay. :cool:

Giaus

Got a quick question for all you electrical wizz kids, ive been building my heater and like a dummy i have cut the induction heater coil to fit in a enclosure and now the unit will not work, will i need a new induction coil or can i add solder to the tips of the coil.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
If you applied power anytime while the coil was not installed, the driver's FETs will be shot. Unless you have soldering skills, you likely need a new assembly.

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
@Pipes I apologize if this has been asked and answered but I forgot to ask you when I ordered my cauldron, is The Cauldron able to be plugged into a 120-volt AC outlet? I'm in the US.

thejackalsmark,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

thejackalsmark

Just another "Person Of Interest"
That's the only way it works. Doesn't take a battery, only a DC input fed from the supplied PSU. It's the desktop version.

Cool. Thank you for replying so promptly on that. 1 more question When you use a jet torch, your pinpoint targeting certain areas of the cap for certain effects. How does that translate with the coil? Is it set to focus on a particular area of the cap or just the whole cap in general?

thejackalsmark,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

zhong8051

1 oven is sold in my country, build very ugly and working unstable :ko::ko:

aAM8GygVAFAcmkHK8
o0q9dTci4rhIpj-z7Le5uFzEfRz6uot77MIyZ8yYzw2nDg8PmGtfdJs2cyBvhcmcyNX30dzcEZzmfZCELsp9NDBtMzRWvgWh7Ro24Hw1Is-Uvkzm2ex_IcSTOMPksgtCvCekJZobN3OAj6weEpO9rVelTXCGpUsitxipFMYzEw2Ub2d-WqqQHVIirTvth8-V6njHN111J4kW3xSRopSiBVs2UaTC9IJsVTR1PUS_2YLdS5yX-qSTfqXp10W6qemI81sLiiBsBBYekbRFgqHX9TgC9Em-2ahzC25AQnSrd5kTNIyM0sLBIs4fvuyWHJF7SJpGanMDO2b-zovClZXGDiD4uEVQ3GpjXV-2m00-8q_o9W7K-__ojBqR0Ngv73hxHpJFFMPBpCCbINriXyTlhfxDnRHfMw--EJH-OmAY3D2rdispj4LS0RTvef_eS05tHQsaPf3Ds6lQraoaDB--GOTiC3sQ7b7dFTN83zoFG3YefGtQZAX1TNvga8GdMLQMuwqlTcckuOjySNOx_ezUj0mtXvHEdyeZ_5RRLcRJVv4cMr1TQayMay1aQgXzS1UihO99RTi64n5YGQha7DBmadgQQTnR-JZxagmKy6-gj1Bd40zjg11ycxfXlQxnvOxpi60FHpk-V92o9Vmsu1Tk866dJNWK3M0=w831-h623-no

And this is my oven, still ugly but working very good :lol::lol:

ZLAxUOaZZdpje7mduKvdCxypzg30NYD-V6C1eChs1BP36_4f5isO7gCbcAUvypvjbmTUo_7wsMXzsF1RX9YQDIjicBu_MKavMZdb1Yb-_stQqMAPNwlBC-hWg4IZdXjPO4q3MyfnT-IPvaLLJoakNynF0h_7j6HjBZJ37MGVDmidfGOQsHJ3lsfV1kTILCeDMsDM4usVL-ecjOznFJP09-qLbhnxoF266g7fI7lyH7jdTnl473igI4hAuJWYOzoqgweVHazKOzn7yQc4f_3rKoXGk7mSDgIyXrHxJCT9Nf3OiO-n4slUVdjGZKkYoX6L28vDhjphHlBXXOPUOA7Egdhyrwfgnis80osVw-Ud_giKk46i6SfPcfAxG6Ql53e3muMJDMJ8ZuXjwzGSiUA_d2-1Ga3uUoVXr3GpwPs2c-JKcfCr540_vEq07yBvQ7sZtDz4mMeSWboeFy6XMR3jupaE5NKdlmpKLlwFZRZUInrQlqXdDz-OEgftxa4jWGLZtvG6tiyqroWITj7LGYBBzUMWoz_aYTdVTlI95H4D22tdIgLJnpbk4JUuoQ8a-Z_CqphAbdkJ7YYFUjRG_14VUGx9ulX-wSQSxNmnPXSjYaXSXxfR0LbhW4cj-TDCziUO0IwKDSZ5grcmfDuYMy0223KunQ_JeYQ=w766-h574-no

Up1rVeFJt1CYDmiPe8yEEq1WRvp8lMBw3HDR6-gllnceanvm-O2xqT3rh2L-rzJNY6q3brPs9zcsVGc3Tm350zcZRT10FaFn_Zq1pOUr_3L8KfPN5IPHLtKt-APPl3YWBs8MqQ3Yq5dWRpFWKHb0vH1Gh18uFrcGgxFiDzhkuPgprInoPJ0CTs3dnR3t0-cWGR0KVjuWcw7B7Bzt3DhMabcgfd0EDdEbLjhhNrpSBOXg-6NPbgVHMl3YGRnj191NmfsMOmISM83VEzxfOyv7zGIcLwpc_yQag7Gr6WYIDPlldRmEOzST-xpoyqkEG6c4z9oA8_DWNXYXe-wwZdmkJMZlZSCAuta5kOdAbBINpatvKK5I15XOxUIbZJatlJczdXxnGtDbFgLLWTARDmuIqliaWCN7ASJ8Mfv7lbz25dacRo_tn3O6tn5eQVvrTHpFPWc60qp_INvwzuHH02yKgsg6Fex27RbIgjJD-DslIUyJKAuBtboQ6mcyGcqqSpJTN2EspLeCTTfDfb4fVOCcwz6AIJ5u2fMcDzNiQ5Uz7Jlc4XNVrZxwzb_F9ZoerZZl6fyIBcXc5VYRqL-GB3nsX8Bw2n8AD4b0QsC0IlBvnJZ880F6pD1P6PvCVgYcFNCqeApsPa3titu3zJ9ZqoKk48Ycq_AhTVo=w766-h574-no

fwI8sL_uS6PfvS6U9ozeIXHvThFho7juExek-X_3deWCGrmYxm9FXEpSOOMvU9jkGRfVIRASM2CSc3HPn-JKBlmPjVVqbcEc6ClOMEjLCsEVhqjyjGJe13oLgGUdF5BJslO9vdICQacmIRPtMwZFVzs6pQBQL_V4KWuGQZewqSjElERG1Zxv6Kb1voCnIZovDuGD5TfgWQPsQFiDRn3Qr2AhVl7b_GplYPUSo5e5ezHG2_pVMbRul0ChOnQ3BXt5M7KqQ692Y_FO4Mx1YRJcCBO_7a_fqHblZARMMcOrHHvGMqbLFxvIUpqDsb5TjVkXCQWy032yYE-IEpb7rnSAG-M0Xr-rInsnFFZbrFP5ujUlKeynDcmE3D64CC9WA7IMVtGz3l-qs3WBn4E1QfxB9_bMyXVkqub6US9HefJOeRF-x2rD6e8bsDaUnbah4iF4qQ_9Kwwdn6xdlGLmlPYA0x_rcsToqzSBiF2RxStRS4utEX0rIlrJGm0pBGaNHl3im3kMUX1wgsEOWCbloj6i8wfy5idQvMpWnyREJoa5dOUnF7zVQwPEnhnrcJGWXd79zEqiSELsXUY-Lq4f7jrtrIqEBZiv68yZBf8FU15A_mOpQLs3uhWhg6ZynVLk6P-qe1ZBcpAuEKdDoKRLGriUJfBi5sraTN0=w766-h574-no

zhong8051,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Cool. Thank you for replying so promptly on that. 1 more question When you use a jet torch, your pinpoint targeting certain areas of the cap for certain effects. How does that translate with the coil? Is it set to focus on a particular area of the cap or just the whole cap in general?
Generally, pinpointing is what you do not want to do but rather have the heat evenly distributed. Have played a lot with the best positioning depthwise into the coil to achieve an even extraction. :science:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Question. Is the Cauldron a PS(m) only without on board batteries.

Besides its smaller form factor, what is the selling point of a small IH which can be used only
With a (long) extension cord? Indoors

Is there a small pocket IH on the planning board:

Super Portable IH + VapCap = “civilized”

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Question. Is the Cauldron a PS(m) only without on board batteries.

Besides its smaller form factor, what is the selling point of a small IH which can be used only
With a (long) extension cord? Indoors

Is there a small pocket IH on the planning board:

Super Portable IH + VapCap = “civilized”
Just because I want to have an indoor, plug in IH doesn't mean I want it big and clunky. Lot of stuff at my vape station, I prefer a smaller footprint on an IH so I have room for all my goodies, and when I put things away, I'd like a smaller size so it's easy to store. As to a long cord, I rarely use any cord fully extended, but it's nice to have a long cord when I need it as it usually means there is distance to an outlet and it's a nice option so I can set up where I like at the time, even if it's not my usual spot. Also, cuteness factor.

Squiby

My Skelator runs on rechargeable batteries. It's not so small that I would take it out with me on a hike; there are lighters that perform that function. But the Skelator is portable. I take it out on the porch sometimes.

I prefer to not be tethered by a cord if possible. I don't like the clutter of a cord and don't want to have a cord dictate where I vape. Also, our power can be intermittent out here in the boonies, so electrical independence is a thing I always gravitate towards.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
I am big on EDC.
But hey, I should get a shortened (m)PS without batteries/and a longish tail just for
The novelty.

Pipes creations are most interesting. Hey?

Why would it be “unsafe” to plug in a DC source (battery) to the Cauldron?

myla

Anvibian
I am big on EDC.
But hey, I should get a shortened (m)PS without batteries/and a longish tail just for
The novelty.

Pipes creations are most interesting. Hey?

Why would it be “unsafe” to plug in a DC source (battery) to the Cauldron?
I mostly use my PSM to power my vapcaps although I have a SJK as a backup but rarely use it now, for me Induction Heater is a game starter otherwise I would not even purchase the vapcap. I have very bad experience to get decent butane in my town during my Iolite days that I would never go the butane path ever again but I would not mind it to be a contingency plan. Anyway, I like the form factor of the PSM but I need to charge the battery daily hence I jump on the first opportunity when the Caldron is available. It would save me a lots of hassle.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
My Skelator runs on rechargeable batteries. It's not so small that I would take it out with me on a hike; there are lighters that perform that function. But the Skelator is portable. I take it out on the porch sometimes.

I prefer to not be tethered by a cord if possible. I don't like the clutter of a cord and don't want to have a cord dictate where I vape. Also, our power can be intermittent out here in the boonies, so electrical independence is a thing I always gravitate towards.
Oh heavens, here I am thinking about IH like VapCaps, and you have various IH the way you have various IH ! I was thinking you have one for around the house, one for outside and to go, then you start having them in spots where they breed ( everyone with VapCap seem to start with one, then...). I was thinking which one do I start with. I am sincerely hoping IHAS isn't a thing, but so far everything I buy ( glass, vapes, lighters) seems to lead to me needing to build an addition onto the house...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The Caldron doesn't have any built-in battery management system (BMS) and therefore no protection circuit. It relays on the PSU to have overcurrent protection. If a battery is directly connected and the driver shorts out, the connection wires would heat and melt in a vicious way. The minimum requirement would be a 10 amp inline fuse.

Top Bottom