Discontinued Tvape Vaporizer

LaoTzu74747

Rudeboy, so, you just have one filter on the bottom of the tube? do you still have the white ceramic filter in? And not the top one? Did this make it easier to drag from it? I think that's my biggest issue with the tvape is getting it to drag smoothly, sometimes i have to pull hard which doesn't allow me to vape it all.

LaoTzu74747,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I don't have a screen on the bottom but took the ceramic filter out of the nipple and push a screen into the tube over the Herb and under the nipple . Pushing the screen into the tube (other then just setting it flat under the nipple) seems to help keep the air drawing in through those little vents , so you keep getting the same air flow hit after hit .
unfortunately I can't say it gives more vapor .

RUDE BOY,

grokit

well-worn member
I have only had the tvape a few days, and I'm ready to pass it on :|

Looking at the website there does not seem to be any mention of a return policy or a guarantee of satisfaction, so I assume they are not willing to take it back. I've been having a bit of a time with portables lately and will probably take it on the chin here.

But I will give them a call anyways, just to make sure that they can't help me ;)

Last edited:
grokit,

OF

It might help folks understand some of this guy to know the little white knob at the bottom of the tube is just a solid plug attached to the battery part. Nothing fancy. What seems to be Silicone Rubber it 'corks up' the bottom 1/4 inch or so of the tube. Above that there's some slots that admit the air ducted down through the heater tube with some plastic bits holding the main part of the inner walls, a metal tube. At the top of that tube is the top plate, sealed with the rubber MP.

FWIW my latest attempts, while having a few modest results here and there, continue to be lackluster. I've yet to see even medium cooked ABV and don't feel I have any control of the process of use.

Testing continues. There might be a solution in there?

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I just had a small epiphany with the tVape and paytonpenn was onto it earlier with

I don't feel as if the vape is staying at temperature once it gets green, I only notice vapor really forming when I am heating.

Also it wouldn't make sense that if you hold for 25 seconds when that quick flash comes that it would be at max temp it should be at 405 or 394 (or maybe I misread that). I have been able to make it quickly flash over and over again.

Personally I don't feel the instructions to be accurate,

Today I got really good hits by always holding the power button down until it flashes not by trying to count out seconds . it will keep bumping up and flashing . Then I do get pretty good respectable hit or 2 after each rise in temp if I take it to the flash . the session I just finished I bumped it up 15 times after taking the first few hits . It took the Bud to the full toasted burnt pop corn taste and spent avb . I'll try another session in a while to see if there is any battery left and If I can repeat the results .

It does seem you have to power up to that flash for every hit then it works ,
just not hot enough to vape when its on green . I think paytonpenn hit on the temp problem and that the instructions seem way off .
maybe written only for tobacco use ?

EDIT : I know this was quick but my new method of using the tVape that works :
load ground herb
lay screen in chamber (I like the small ones) Don't poke it in like I thought yesterday .
remove the ceramic piece from the Nipple
turn it on and let it get to temp
take a few hits
hold the power button until it blinks
take a few hits
Hold the power Again until it blinks
take hits and repeat the hits get bigger Its freckin' cool

when the light is green the unit is waiting for you to power it up and take a hit , it may drop and hold a lower temp on green but to low to vape , its a power on and hit it vape and not a session vape like the DaVinci where it holds the temp when the green light is on . Its kickin' ass today using it like this . so I hope this all makes some sense to you now and to me still in a few hours .
Seems almost too simple that holding the power on until it flashes between hits was all that was missing for me having better luck and not a week of weak sessions
I Hope you all can get the same results . :party:

PEACE ALL . VAPE ON .

Last edited:

LaoTzu74747

^^^^^That greatly improved my tobacco session, thank you!!! Now i'll try herb tonight.

Edit: (This is so far the only method which has completely vaped my tobacco not to mention clouds on each hit, the only complaint i have about it is that it takes 30 seconds each time, but it does give me a chance to take a deep breath and smell the flowers so to speak.)

Last edited:
LaoTzu74747,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
So far I got Four really good sessions before needing to recharge , clouds and all .

LaoTzu the time gets shorter between hits the more you take still around 20 seconds but still better . maybe I'm a little too Happy with myself or maybe I'm just stoned but now I know I can produce good results at least 4 sessions in a row . :smug:

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,
Reactions: grokit

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Another day and a great morning sesh with the tVape . Postman has my short tube "out for delivery".
Now I Really like this vape .

.............................................................:peace:...................................................................

RUDE BOY,

OF

Another day and a great morning sesh with the tVape . Postman has my short tube "out for delivery".
Now I Really like this vape .

.............................................................:peace:...................................................................

I'm still not able to do this. I'm going to give it another try soon, please confirm this is with straight bud with no tobacco? TIA

OF

OF,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm still not able to do this. I'm going to give it another try soon, please confirm this is with straight bud with no tobacco? TIA

OF

Yes OF these results are with bud alone , ground using one of PIU's 4 piece grinders . just dropped in the tube not tamped down.

Hope it works for you .

after the initial power up and couple hits , Heating until I see the light flash gives me gives me one really big hit and one or two fair hits then heating to the next flash and repeated results , now every time until the herb is spent .

Last edited:

OF

Yes OF these results are with bud alone , ground using one of PIU's 4 piece grinders . just dropped in the tube not tamped down.

Hope it works for you .

after the initial power up and couple hits , Heating until I see the light flash gives me gives me one really big hit and one or two fair hits then heating to the next flash and repeated results , now every time until the herb is spent .

Thanks for the confirmation. So I plan a medium grind, no tamp, and holding the button until the light flashes between hits.

I think I tried that before, but for sure it's worth at least one more clean experiment. Thanks again for the information and good wishes. Now to find a time when I can objectively give this a try.......

OF

LaoTzu74747

It's priceless to have a night session in complete darkness especially when the pen cap is off?(i lost mine so i don't know whether this effected light production) But by doing this i got a feel for how much vapor i'm getting on each hit, but i will say Rudeboys method produced some nice clouds for me even in the daytime. I tried this with cannabis last night and had the same good results as i'm having with tobacco. This is not my favorite device but it is useful and i am relieved it's working how it should.

grokit

well-worn member
If you think the cap is easy to lose, wait until the mouthpiece flies off when you are taking it out of your pocket outdoors. But okay, I'll unwrap my remaining mouthpiece and give it another try. I just hate wasting material for substandard results but I'll give it another shot today and report back later.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If you think the cap is easy to lose, wait until the mouthpiece flies off when you are taking it out of your pocket outdoors. But okay, I'll unwrap my remaining mouthpiece and give it another try. I just hate wasting material for substandard results but I'll give it another shot today and report back later.
Yeah I have no idea where the first nipple I had on it went , took a walk with the tVape sticking out of my back pocket and when I got where I was going :shrug:.

grokit I hope you find the tVape usable .
Now its working pretty well for me . but I paid for it and thought I would at least dedicate a 1/4 to 1/3 of an oz to getting it to work for me . Thankfully it's working for me , hope it will for you . when I wasn't cashing the load in the tVape I finished it in the DV or Volta so I didn't really waste any product it only took time (which I have a lot of ) .:peace:

OF

Yeah I have no idea where the first nipple I had on it went , took a walk with the tVape sticking out of my back pocket and when I got where I was going :shrug:.

That much I've been able to repeat without trouble. I've lost the MP twice now seriously and had to go looking for it. Once on the floor on the way to and once on the ground in the garden. It's come of minorly other times, but those two times I lost track of it in a minute or two.

After I sort out how to make it work, I can start trying to not lose it I guess?

OF

grokit

well-worn member
I was on a rip-rapped river bank and didn't even notice I had dropped it until later--I guess I fell off when I was putting it into my pocket, not taking it out. So I looked around where I had tried that last hit for a while but it was hopeless. If there was a way to still extract the ceramic filter tube for cleaning, I would think a few dots of high-temp silicone would keep this sucker attached.

edit: actually there is, just shove a reamer in the tip and the mouthpiece will slide out through the clean oven. But that brings up another point, attaching the mouthpiece permanently would make it much harder to clean the oven...

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Ok now that I have both the long and short tubes:
Long tube is great now and the short tube doesn't come close .
With the long I get good visible big lung filling vapor with the first hit on any temp for 6-8 hits .

The short hardly gives me any visible vapor and very little heat or that feeling of vapor in my lungs .
I tried 2 sessions with the short probably 8-9 hits each the herb was darkened but nowhere near spent .

After those two sessions I did a session with fresh in the long tube and it really rocked !

Now I wonder if each etube is different or if its Long VS Short ?

Man OH Man I really wish all this could be simpler . I like the aesthetics of the short tube , wish it worked the same .

Here's a setup but I've got to ask ; Which ones are working or not for anyone else Long or Short ?
TIA .

EDIT: IT would be Cool if TVape vaporizer still had a presence here .

Last edited:

OF

Ok now that I have both the long and short tubes:
Long tube is great now and the short tube doesn't come close .

Now I wonder if each etube is different or if its Long VS Short ?

Man OH Man I really wish all this could be simpler . I like the aesthetics of the short tube , wish it worked the same .

Interesting. IIRC the short tube is 6 Watts, the longer one 12 which means it's a capacity not heat difference? Same 'power per inch'.

I too wish it would give consistent results. Enough good hits to keep you playing with it, but very hard to control/predict. I hope it's not necessary to use the long tube, it's already getting mighty big with the short one......

Thanks for the report.

OF

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Here it is plain and simple, imo
The flash at 20-30 seconds seems to indicate when heat is going to stop being applied.
When it is red it is applying higher temperature heat.
Green keeps it more at a standby mode so you can heat it up for when you are ready.
Green isn't keeping the T-Vape hot it's just keeping it on and not too cool.
Depress the button when the light flashes, press again if you want to keep the oven hot and vapor forming.
If you continue pressing after the flash it will NOT continue heating.
At least I don't think it does, my testing didn't seem to show that it was getting hotter as it would keep flashing while I held for plus 2 minutes but it wasn't giving me vapor versus pumping it. Sorry ran on.

Hopefully I can post a video soon.

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Interesting. IIRC the short tube is 6 Watts, the longer one 12 which means it's a capacity not heat difference? Same 'power per inch'.

I too wish it would give consistent results. Enough good hits to keep you playing with it, but very hard to control/predict. I hope it's not necessary to use the long tube, it's already getting mighty big with the short one......

Thanks for the report.

OF

I am getting consistently good results with the long tube now , and very poor with the short just tried it again .

Here it is plain and simple, imo
The flash at 20-30 seconds seems to indicate when heat is going to stop being applied.
When it is red it is applying higher temperature heat.
Green keeps it more at a standby mode so you can heat it up for when you are ready.
Green isn't keeping the T-Vape hot it's just keeping it on and not too cool.
Depress the button when the light flashes, press again if you want to keep the oven hot and vapor forming.
If you continue pressing after the flash it will NOT continue heating.
At least I don't think it does, my testing didn't seem to show that it was getting hotter as it would keep flashing while I held for plus 2 minutes but it wasn't giving me vapor versus pumping it. Sorry ran on.

Hopefully I can post a video soon.

I also believe this is how it works .
I can set it down after a few hits , feed the dog pick it up hit it and its just warm with no vapor hold the button until the flash and get a big hit . with the long tube but not the short .

paytonpenn are you using the long or the short tube ? just wondering !

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: OF

grokit

well-worn member
Great, if I want this thing to work I have to put even more $ into it :evil:

What I want is a 12 watt short tube!

grokit,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Is anyone getting a good first hit on the short tube ?
the reason I ask is because on the long when I got it the first hit was always pretty good taste and a fair amount of vapor(so I had hope) the problem I had then was replicating that first hit , now I can do that . But with the short tube I really get next to nothing on the first or any other hit . So nothing to duplicate . if you know what I mean ?

EDIT: after a few more tries tonight I would say when you switch the tubes you have one vape that works and one that doesn't ! my short tube won't really satisfy my needs even for tobacco .(i really won't be vaping tobacco all that often)
The Long gets a thumbs up it works well for Herb , I just didn't know how use it for a week .

Last edited:
RUDE BOY,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I can't get a "good" first hit from mine unless I were to wait for the temp to rise or for more vapor to form. But it does tend to be more flavor less vapor on the first, but that just seemed pretty normal to me.

paytonpenn,
Top Bottom