Discontinued Tvape Vaporizer

grokit

well-worn member
Thanks RB. I have to admit that I'm a bit perplexed by the airflow in this thing. It seems that there are two little vents next to the mouthtip, and that's where all the air enters. When I cover those vents, there is no airflow, meaning that in order to draw we have to create some kind of suction/vacuum utilizing those vents to get anything. I confirmed this two ways: I was getting taste but wasn't getting vapor so the first was I took off the mouthpiece and drew direct, and got a big thick cloud.

The second way I confirmed there was no air traveling through the heater tube was that I removed all of the material from it, and drew covering those vents right in front of the mouthpiece again. Nothing, no airflow at all. Wtf I don't get it. I mean if it works better with rolled material that's great and that will be it's niche, but so far it seems to have issues vaping loose herb as others have reported. At least with the mouthpiece attached. Off to roll one...

LaoTzu74747

grikit i know how you feel, for me the only way i get good hits is to almost hit it like a magic flight box(hitting it slowly, while letting a little oxygen in, gently.) Also try using it in the dark because the green light illuminates the vapor but i see your point it is not easy to drag from this tvape.

OF

grikit i know how you feel, for me the only way i get good hits is to almost hit it like a magic flight box(hitting it slowly, while letting a little oxygen in, gently.) Also try using it in the dark because the green light illuminates the vapor but i see your point it is not easy to drag from this tvape.

That's my experience thus far as well. Hopefully, when I get some more time to play with it I'll find a technique to improve, if not correct, that. It would be super, IMO, to have an effective pen vape for herbs to fill the void Atmos Raw and others fail at, but so far I don't think this one's it. Knowing how the 'I need bigger clouds' guys are, this one's sure not going to interest a significant segment of users out there as I'm using it.

I think it might be gangbusters on tobacco. I don't vape for nicotine personally, but from what I read the 'magic temperature' for this is much lower than for THC? Since there's no real defined control at that higher level (remember, we're used to steps of less than 10 degrees F to get the performance we want (Solo is 9 degrees per step for instance)).

I too get the light right (direct sun from the shadows outside in my case) to locate what little visible vapor there is. Often there's just noting to see.

My last experiment was with some well known (by me) bud, quite dry and fairly well ground. A 'filled but not compressed' tube as recommended gave lack luster results with the herb having lost most of it's smell but still basically the same color at the end of the timeout. So I put it back in again, this time tamping it down gently like a normally would if I wanted more in but didn't want to block airflow (less tight than say loading a T1 or Cera LL). This let me add half a charge or a little more fresh herb and pack that a bit too. The next session was also nothing to get excited about despite constant effort to 'bump up the power' for the next hit.

After that one timed out (two full sessions for 2/3 of the load, one for the other 1/3) the color was still basically the same (as far as my color blind eyes can say, certainly not anything like normal ABV). So I put the "ABV" from it in the Solo (a stem full and then some), packed it normally, and had a tasteless but medically effective session! Two of my standard Empirical Measures (ABV color and residual THC) show that even two full sessions seems to 'not feed the bulldog' THC wise. Substantial parts of the THC was not extracted.

As an aside, while I think I understand how the airflow works, I can't sort out how temperature is controlled (only two connections to the working area, no apparent independent temperature sensor)) so the best I can see is somewhat dicey heater coil sensing by resistance change? If so, I remain skeptical that control with have enough resolution (fine enough steps) and precision (ability to hold temperature in a small number of degree wide window) is possible this way to control temperature effectively in the load. Temperature of the coil is only an approximation of the oven wall or load temperature under dynamic conditions, which is why other 'closed loop' (temperature controlled) vapes use discrete sensors at appropriate locations (like Solo, DV, Puffit, VB and so on do).

I suspect it's great for it's intended use (tobacco?) but I'm not yet willing to give it to my ciggie smoking buds to test for me as I find the lingering smells and tastes offensive. Soon, unfortunately, I might not care any more?

IMO the jury's still out on this one. I hope a suitable routine for THC vaping from bud will be found, but I thus far can't recommend it for that use. For the same basic price, Solo blows the proverbial doors off it IMO. As I said before, I hope that changes. It could be very popular and useful if a workable technique can be found. As of now, I find nothing to get excited about.....the search continues.......

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
not so encouraging new reports...well, I'm already in on this used one, should be here next week. I'll give it go, but from what you guys are saying, it's another dud on the portable herb vape market. What a bummer.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

OF

not so encouraging new reports...well, I'm already in on this used one, should be here next week. I'll give it go, but from what you guys are saying, it's another dud on the portable herb vape market. What a bummer.

It is what it is. I've been sitting on my preliminary results hoping someone would 'crack the code' for us. That doesn't seem to be happening, so I decided to reverse course and publish what I'm finding in the hopes that will help the process along?

By all means, good luck with your experiments. I hope they're more fruitful than mine.

OF

grokit

well-worn member

It's impossible not to hit it slowly, unless you use the cigar puff method, which I hate and doesn't help. I find the draw restriction on the tvape to be similar to the pax. I'm actually a bit upset; I don't think that the videos that show visible vapor at the default heat setting are credible but will find out for sure tomorrow when I try and vape a commercial organic cigarette. If it doesn't vape that I'm crying defective.

grokit,

LaoTzu74747

Okay folks so i took a toothpick and stuck it in the hole when u flip over the nipple(the 4 wholes), i pulled the white thing right out and wow! look a nice air path! Ok so then i took a mini brass filter from the da vinci, cut a tinny tinny bit off so it would fit nicely where the white piece once was. And my results were that more vapor was coming off in the beginning, i got 2 great drags with nice clouds(this is with loose leaf tobacco) then i got the same type of drags that i normally do, not much vapor and still kind of hard to drag! It seemed so promising. This is a tricky device to use, and i side with OF in that i feel like i'm wasting some of my product because of its inability to perform well for ALL the hits. My best success is still using this thing in the dark, but i still have to take slow drags and the later hits are not as powerfull as the first few.

LaoTzu74747,

OF

It's impossible not to hit it slowly, unless you use the cigar puff method, which I hate and doesn't help. I find the draw restriction on the tvape to be similar to the pax. I'm actually a bit upset; I don't think that the videos that show visible vapor at the default heat setting are credible but will find out for sure tomorrow when I try and vape a commercial organic cigarette. If it doesn't vape that I'm crying defective.
Thanks for sharing your insight, OF. I was almost ready to buy based on ShipDit's positive comments!

I'm not decided, but my thinking is a lot of the positive stuff (be it reviews or videos) is based on tobacco use? That automatically means glycerine (since it's a 'natural' element of all commercial cigarettes as I understand along with nitrates to counter the moisture and keep your butt lit?). I've tried to get guys to separate it out for me, I'm not sure that always happens.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but I don't think I've ever worked as hard for such thin results without giving up and moving on before.

Ever hopeful, IMO the market it ripe for a product like this......if it works. But right now in the 'whip it out, turn it on, grab a couple serious hits as fast as you can and get it safe back in the pocket quick quick like a rabbit' competition isn't not even an also ran in my hands.

OF

OF,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I do agree with OF that this is not a quick do a session vape and that the design is geared towards store rolled cigarettes over loose tobacco or herbs .

I've been trying different grinds and quality of herb over the past week and its hard to nail down the results . So far its worked best with coarse ground moist top shelf bud , no big clouds but I did get stoned . Right now I only have some very dry mids and the results are not so great it is taking two sessions although I am getting brown AVB and a buzz it takes 25 minutes or so .

The Draw is so restrictive my brain does give me the WTF IT'S CLOGGED UP message when I'm starting to pull too hard , the tvape always draws like an NO2 or DV that needs cleaning badly . When I do get into the rhythm , sit and just kind of take slow breaths and not a forced draw it works best .

I don't think the TVape will serve everyones needs when it comes to vaporizing MJ when you can pick up a Solo or DaVinci for the same price or less .

It has a place in my growing little portable arsenal due to the ability it affords me to vape a cigarette Or a piece of a cigarette with a little herb on top in the house without getting bitched at over the smell . that alone makes it worthwhile for me . also I spend a month or two (a week here a week there ) a year in the hospital and thinking it will be good for that .

All in all it works but would never be my daily driver or first choice for a quick session .

.................................................................:peace:......................................................................

grokit

well-worn member
Yeah it's definitely made for pre-rolled tobacco cigarettes, but the full-size version looks ridiculous and reportedly really sucks the batteries dry. It works with loose tobacco as well but is a complete fail for 420. IMO. I wonder if anybody can replicate ShipDit's experience...

grokit,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
grokit I have had good sessions that would make me say this is a viable and good personal vape for MJ .

Then 1/2 hour latter with herb from out of the same grind I hardly get anything when doing what I did the session before :shrug:.

I have no Idea why or how the results are so different . It is very odd !

I did order a short etube (it shipped today) the long tube is crazy big , like 8-10 of the little scoops that come with NO2 and I only need 1-2 scoops (depending on the herb) to get where I want to be . Hoping the short etube does a bit better and wasn't a total waste of cash .

grokit

well-worn member
grokit I have had good sessions that would make me say this is a viable and good personal vape for MJ .

Then 1/2 hour latter with herb from out of the same grind I hardly get anything when doing what I did the session before :shrug:.

I did order a short etube (it shipped today) the long tube is crazy big , like 8-10 of the little scoops that come with NO2 and I only need 1-2 scoops (depending on the herb) to get where I want to be . Hoping the short etube does a bit better and wasn't a total waste of cash .

Thanks for checking in. I think the biggest issue when vaping herbs in this is that you have to bump the temp, and to do that you need to hold the button down, for almost an entire minute, to max it out. The problem is there's no way to confirm that you've actually done that.

To be fair to ShipDit's earlier reviews (which I just re-read), he never did say that this was a big cloud producer, and in fact he specifically pointed out that it wasn't a few times. I think this is probably an awesome unit for its intended purpose, which evidently is vaping rolled cigarettes. So I will either keep it for that purpose or pass it on to a smoker that wants to be healthier.

On a side note, I'm getting tired of trying to find a pocketable battery-operated vape that meets my needs better than the pax did. So I will go with a fire-based method sooner than later regardless of what happens with the ascent, which I am still hoping for!

It would be great if this thread could focus more on vaping commercial cigarettes, particularily about what toxins would get vaped at tobacco temperatures, and if those toxins vary by brand. If the manufacturer has any research in this area now would be a great time to chime in...

:popcorn:

Last edited:
grokit,
Reactions: OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
When laying on the power If you watch the light around the power button or on the end of the vape it flashes greenish orange when it reaches peak temp . if you go from the starting temp to max on mine with the long etube when empty it only takes 23-25 seconds . but when I bump it up it will do Four 10- 15 second bumps before it flashes .

EDIT : DON'T BLINK WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T BLINK . you will miss the flash .
GOOD LUCK !

grokit

well-worn member
When laying on the power If you watch the light around the power button or on the end of the vape it flashes greenish orange when it reaches peak temp . if you go from the starting temp to max on mine with the long etube when empty it only takes 23-25 seconds . but when I bump it up it will do Four 10- 15 second bumps before it flashes .

EDIT : DON'T BLINK WHAT EVER YOU DO DON'T BLINK . you will miss the flash .
GOOD LUCK !

Okay got it, don't blink, thanks! I will try bumping it right up to max at the get-go for my final attempt at herb, but it will be later after the cig test.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I'm not decided, but my thinking is a lot of the positive stuff (be it reviews or videos) Ever hopeful, IMO the market it ripe for a product like this......if it works. But right now in the 'whip it out, turn it on, grab a couple serious hits as fast as you can and get it safe back in the pocket quick quick like a rabbit' competition isn't not even an also ran in my hands.

OF

sorry to derail for just a moment but.... perhaps the zenpen will the one if they ever get out of development.

now back to the Tvape

OF

Bingo! That's what's been bugging me too! I couldn't put my finger on it until you put it so clearly.....the sucker doesn't repeat performance wise! You're not sure what's going on because you can't stumble on a good hit and even repeat it, let alone improve it. Results vary with the same input. In the back of my mind I guess I'm thinking I'm overlooking and important detail but I'll be dipped if I can tell what.

Thanks Rude Boy.

OF

LaoTzu74747

I just loaded up around .05 of flowerthcbudcanadelightness into my tvape, as soon as the light turned green i took a large toke inhaling around 20 seconds, big cloud as was also vaping in the dark so the vapor was illumitated a little more and i truely got a great hit, second hit about half the production of the first, third one hardly anything and it becomes hard to to a drag. I am stoned, definetly stoned but not really stoned, i check the Abv and it is 1/2 burnt nicely and half still showing signs of green so i decide to put it in my davinci and i get 3 to 4 great drags, now i'm very stoned, i have highquality medicinals. The point being my tvape was excellent and incredible for the first drag and maybe the second, also in my using of the tvape, bumping up the temperature only minorly aids in better more quality vapor hits. As people are saying it is inconsistent and i am interested in if people are able to burn both tobacco and buds FULLY. It seems it slows down to quick, i can usually only get 5 good drags and the rest are half assed. IF i decide to keep the tvape ill be using it in the dark because it has a cool effect and i have sporadically good results sometimes great but it will be a harmless risk to try it if i am in the mood because i will be able to just throw the part that didn't vape into my davinci.

Edit: I just loaded it up at night here without about .2 of medicalherb, which filled the chamber 3/4 i would say. I grinding the herb finely, it was dry and potent. My tvape heated to green light i took 4 long slow hits that were successful with cloud production with the green light on it or not, i bumped up the temp and got 4 more good drags with slowly decresing cloud production and more visible with green light only, at hit 11 the green light showed little vapor and my exhales with no green light had no vapor. I am high. Success. My abv is is yellowy brown with a few hints of green. If i can have this success everynight i use it that would be awesome. Because i think there is some love in this abv which is good for those who are into that. I then put the abv in my davinci... to make sure it all vaped, the only crime is doing too little they say... set at temp 377(similar temp to tvape)(my fav.tempfordavanci) I got 8 solidsatysfying hits from doing this. I want the tvape to go all the wayy!! But i am really high folks . First half from tvape second from davinci...

Last edited:

OF

I want the tvape to go all the wayy!! But i am really high folks . First half from tvape second from davinci...

Thanks LT7, that parallels my experience, although I'm not seeing all that much change in ABV. Some visible vapor on the first hit (perhaps water vapor mostly?) with nice flavor and some effects over the next few hits but rapidly diminishing visible vapor as, I think, the 'light stuff' is quickly exhausted.

Normally I'd say 'it's too cold' and would be thinking of changing batteries.......

However, even after a full session (two for most of the load) I too found substantial parts of the THC remained. Including, I think, all the CBDs and other important fractions for us Medical Users?

Yes, I think it will eventually get you high (subject to your tolerance of course) if you keep feeding it enough fresh herb, but right now I don't think you can count on it to get you fully medicated in a MMJ sense. Much more potential for recreational as opposed to Medical users?

I too want it to 'go all the way' as I think most vapers do? Looking for fully spent ABV is one of the benchmarks we look for normally. I don't see any evidence of that even in the best of cases. Does anyone?

Thanks again, good observations IMO.

OF

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Can we get a firmware update that allows us to start at 400?
Probably not..

I don't feel as if the vape is staying at temperature once it gets green, I only notice vapor really forming when I am heating.

Also it wouldn't make sense that if you hold for 25 seconds when that quick flash comes that it would be at max temp it should be at 405 or 394 (or maybe I misread that). I have been able to make it quickly flash over and over again.

Personally I don't feel the instructions to be accurate, it just seems like something is missing or something in the instructions are wrong.

A few notes, every hit seems to be an actual hit, I have blew under a light and seen barely visible vapor each time. I put a screen in the oven so that the herb doesn't touch the translucent object jutting of the battery. But only because after a test I notice that the herb touching the object was very green while everything a few millimeters above was actually vaped.

Sorry for the format I am just posting because if I continue to wait I wont be posting.

Also whatever you do don't put alcohol in the oven, don't ask why I did it (if you're from around here you probably know) but it will get caught in some unknown location and you will have to force the alcohol out since when it heats up the alcohol doesn't seem to evaporate.

EDIT:
Something to think about; the oven on start when empty but uncleaned can produce vapor on initial heat up. I put the nipple on, inhale, exhale super wispy hit, wait 30 seconds to see if more vapor comes (nope), hold button for ten seconds (around the 7 second mark I notice vapor forming again), inhale, exhale another super wispy hit, turn it off. Wait 3 minutes, repeat, same thing happened.
During all usage I notice vapor doesn't really form while the green light is on but does when its red, but if it is suppose to remain at that temperature then vapor should always be forming?

Last edited:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Also whatever you do don't put alcohol in the oven, don't ask why I did it (if you're from around here you probably know) but it will get caught in some unknown location and you will have to force the alcohol out since when it heats up the alcohol doesn't seem to evaporate.

Did you submerge it, or just rub it with alcohol?

jambandphan03,

LaoTzu74747

When i did my expirment of taking the white thing outta the nipple and putting in a small screen there, well the vapor was just pumping out of the nipple when the light turned green and did so untill i hit it a few times then it stopped.

LaoTzu74747,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I put alcohol into the top end (where you put the nipple) of the oven and held my finger on the opposite end to prevent alcohol from escaping while I shook it. I shake take away my finger and notice no alcohol fell out. Gave a rinse with warm water. The little alcohol coming out made me curious so I did it once more but quicker like a 3-5 second shake and a little bit dripped out, but I filled the entire short etube. I gave it a hot water rinse and put the oven to my space heater for quick drying. Did a little inhale, pure alcohol as I was expecting.

EDIT:

When i did my expirment of taking the white thing outta the nipple and putting in a small screen there, well the vapor was just pumping out of the nipple when the light turned green and did so untill i hit it a few times then it stopped.
Sounds about right, they say 10 seconds heats it up ten degrees, but what if I hold it for 9 seconds does it not increase, if it actually heats up a degree each second it is held how come they can't say that. The fact that I don't know when it is actually heating and how much by makes it damn near impossible to actually control the session.

As soon I took my first pull with the ceramic filter I took it out and added a UD screen in the nipple, receiving snax and then having to deal with holes being blocked didn't seem worth it.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I did get a couple fairly good sessions today . also pulled out the ceramic filter and man that thing gets very sticky , then after loading the tube I pushed the screen into the tube instead of just laying it under the nipple this seemed to stop the air flow from getting worse after a few hits .

The Temp control seems to act differently often when you do a session . One time you can raise the temp 4 times holding the button 15 - 20 seconds before its at max an hour later you only get one 15 second bump and its at max temp let it cool down and 1/2 hour to an hour later on the same battery charge back to 3-4 temp changes . I still don't get it .

But I had 2 sessions that gave me a good buzz and deep brown AVB and 2 that were rather unproductive so I did what LaoTzu did and put the halfbake in the DaVinci to finish it off (I don't save my avb so I do like it as spent as possible ).

I'll keep working at it because I have gotten good results and I know sometimes the bad results are user error , But with the tVape there's not that much a user has to do so not much to do wrong .

Top Bottom