Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
JlArnKx.png

us6JDVN.png

I can't decide if I should get boobs, or legos. Maybe both!
Wtf are these?

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Mrboote - That is definitely a hard decision to make. It's like your adult instincts vs. inner child. I mean I love a good boneless breast... But this man also loves his legos, lol.

I also enjoyed K'nex as a kid (epic roller coasters and big ball factory) and glow in the dark Better Blocks were fun as well!

Steele Concept,
Three questions for "a friend" :uhoh:

Are the lego tubes sealed?
Do you have a choice of what lego man is inside?
If yes on 1& 2, are classic space legos available?

mrboote,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hi mrboote,

Just got off the phone with my partner Evan. The lego tubes are sealed - no smoke contacts the legos.

The lego guy in there is random, however Evan is assembling more tonight. He will see what he's got and keep his eye out for space legos :)

Is this along the lines of what you are talking about? If so spaceman legos are badass.

pic4823D76C046EA911C9240DDF06DFEBAB.jpg

I'll get back to you in a day or two, otherwise shoot me a PM and yell at me.

Steele Concept,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Steve, this sounds like absolutely great news. all your hard work has paid off real well, must be a HUGE relief. really sucks that you came down with some C. diff; i've seen/helped patients with C. diff many times and it definitely isn't pleasant whatsoever. glad you made it out alive. major props to you man and of course a big CONGRATS! you should treat yourself to Willibrew or something but i'm sure you already have ;)

can't wait to hear more developments as this new chapter unfolds.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
It's definitely a big relief as starting a manufacturing type business is very expensive. There's all sorts of materials and trial and error even when something seems as simplistic as a water pipe. Lots of work, revisions, logistics issues etc. I'm glad to have TT handle a lot of business functions while I can do what I do best and sell.

I had heard of C. diff in passing but didn't really know what it was or what it did. That's honorable that you help out patients in need. I thanked the nurses and GI doc because C. diff is nasty and highly contagious at first. Not to mention any C. diff patients room is gonna smell like toxic ass shit, lol.

Anyhow, hit me up via PM HighlyEducatedScholar. I'm headed off to the post office early tomorrow to ship SC and I'd like to mail you a set of free cubes for helping C. diff patients. Good stuff man.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hi guys,

I wanted to add that there has been some confusion about where SC is going in terms of design. The Steel base will be there and probably be available in special finishes like polished, chrome, gold etc. The unibody polycarbonate I mentioned just means the perc plate, tube and mouthpiece will be one solid piece of PC. This doesn't effect the function of the unit, yet will dramatically bring down price.

The key differentiator with the SC is the Steel base and cubes which act as heat sinks. Those will remain the same. Essentially it's the same design with improvements for manufacture and overall cost. TT's motto is "A tube in every home." By making these SC improvements we can further align with that motto to make this quality tube more affordable.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Damn... so much for getting an original. Funds just won't be there, for a long time.

Congrats on the big move!

BigDaddyVapor,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. They are the same design just tweaked, same functionality. If you really want an OG one I'll probably have a few spare parts leftover :)

I can't wait to get all these units shipped out and off the kitchen table, lol. Very happy to have TT handling logistics and everything.

Three questions for "a friend" :uhoh:

Are the lego tubes sealed?
Do you have a choice of what lego man is inside?
If yes on 1& 2, are classic space legos available?

We found some cyborg looking Lego guys, a lot more assembly going on next week so we will keep the eyes peeled for space guys :)

SD_haze

Rectangle polycarb bong with male "lego pattern" on the outter wall so you can build legos off your bong?!!
:cool:

Probably can't mold polycarb with those lego nubs.. but that's the idea that came to me

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Sky is the limit SD! After going from product idea to my idea being acquired in 6 months I'd recommend anyone with the time and energy to pursue their passion or idea 100%. It's not easy at all but it feels good making a product that makes people happy.

FrogBoy138

I've wanted one of the Transformer tubes for awhile now because of it's price. One thing if only I could replace part GR3 rubber grommet with some kind of Med grade Silicone. I would be willing to pay more for the tube with the part being made from Med grade Silicone from the factory. I know when a company starts out they need to be careful but I see only profit by offering this as an option. The part would also take the Transformer tube above all other rubber grommet bongs. At least info on size and how one could do this upgrade from home using Silicone tubing. I've wanted to write the people at Transformer tubes and ask about this but never got around to it. I just started looking at glass again.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
so i've had the Steele Ice cubes for a few days now and just wow. i'm absolutely loving them. i'll give a solid review in the next day or two for some more testing :science: i'm a bit too vaked at the moment from experimenting to write a review but so far the results have been great :freak:

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Frogboy (nice name btw, lol :) ). The design is being upgraded to straight glass on Polycarb with no grommet. I do not know the exact specifications of the grommet but it is being phased out. This was my first suggestion I offered up to TT and they were already on it. It will make the piece much more attractive in the market.

Stickstones - The current base works well, what would you like to see... A straight tube? Stemless? Let me know, I'll relay suggestions.

Highly Educated - Glad to hear you are enjoying. The cubes are legit, don't forget to wash em off and drop them in your single malt scotch, hehe. They are versatile and good at cooling.

I appreciate all suggestions. That's how you make a product the best it can be and that is the ultimate goal. Make the best product and make customers happy.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i've had the Steele Ice cubes for about a week now and have been using them every day since. these babies are pretty awesome. upon opening the package, i gave the cubes a quick wash with soap and water.

the cubes are definitely a bit smaller and way lighter than i thought they would be. this makes sense as it would provide more surface area for the vapor to travel over to cool it. the cubes seem to take about 3 to 4 hours max. for them to be completely frozen. 3-4 hours works for me because after a night of vaping, i'll wash them with my breakfast dishes and toss them in the freezer before work. once i'm home they're cold and ready to go. oh, and when i say these things are cold, they are colddddd. today i decided to pour a glass of OJ over them just for shits and giggles to have a nice cold drink. when i'm towards the bottom of the glass, it came to my surprise that some of the OJ began to solidify between and around the cubes. they get THAT cold! definitely impressed me.

now Steve mentions on his website to not use with glass as it can break the piece. However, i still use them with my glass with caution by just tilting my straight tube at an angle and carefully sliding the cubes down onto the ice pinches. this is one of the reasons why the the Steele Ice cubes are WAYYY better than whisky stones. those things are not scare the shit out of me for scratching the inside of my piece, but they're pretty heavy too. the few times i used the whisky stones with my glass, i prayed a little each time that my glass wouldn't break. the Steele Ice cubes also definitely stay colder much longer than the whisky stones. these cubes will stay cold for approx. 3-4 hours while vaping from my experiences so far this week.

the Steele Ice cubes are great for being able to take real big medicating hits without having any irritation whatsoever. while using these cubes, you won't feel any type of tickling after taking a hit which is real nice because it allows you to hold the hit in with more ease. after taking a nice big hit, you can kinda feel the vapor start to warm back up in your lungs and begin to expand a bit while holding. this works great for me at night, to finish off a vaping sessison with a few HUGEEE hits to make sure i fall asleep and STAY asleep. without these cubes to cool the vapor, i definitely wouldn't be able to take as big hits and hold them.

so overall, i think the cubes are a great vaporist accessory and most definitely something to consider if you have a water piece with ice pinches. before getting the cubes, i always thought that my ice pinches were being wasted and not used because 1) whisky stones scared me about breaking my tube and 2) normal ice cubes throw off the water level so quick that it's not worth it.

and of course no review is complete without a video so here's the Steele Ice cubes with my Left Coast tube with my Big Bamboo UD

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Highly - Glad to hear you are digging the cubes. They are about 1" cubed in size :). Nice tube you have BTW. I too was surprised how cool the cubes get, water and liquids will freeze up around the contact points of the cubes... Very cool.

Mvapes - The Lego modules are definetly popular and fun.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Alright, I've had the Steele Concept (original) for awhile.. and I've reached my conclusion before posting my video review. This thing is cool as fuck, and I really wish this was available about 5 years ago (3, $200+ broken pieces later). This thing is PERFECT for vaping; PERFECT. It was a little smaller than I was expecting, but that's no doubt a good thing! It isn't exactly travel friendly (given it being 3 lbs of solid steel) but it's definitely travel sized; if that makes any sense? I am almost completely converted to vaping, but still enjoy a nice bowl from time to time to switch things up.

- The steel glycerine cubes really do make quite a bit of difference in cooling your vapor/smoke. They get cold as shit, and it's really cool to see the water percolate around them.

- The honeycomb (similar) perc-plate / ice-catcher was a great idea. I am usually not a huge fan of massive diffusion when vape-bonging, but this really didn't take anything away from the taste (surprisingly). If you hit it like a normal pipe, and not 180 degrees, you can fill it with more water and stack bubbles up to your mouth if you so desire, but the proper water level is just enough for you to get about 3" of nice bubble stackage at the bottom of your polycarbonate tube.

- It's nice knowing the only thing that could possibly break is the bowl/down-stem. I can't tell you how many down-stems I've been through, and the Steele Concept is one of those pieces that you obviously don't need to worry about when whipping it out at a party-setting (3+ people). My friends loved it; even the guy that generally only likes ripping straight tubes (no percolation).

- It's sexy. Never seen a piece quite like it... probably never will.

Anyways, really enjoyed these last few weeks with the Steele Concept. As happy as I am the company has merged with Transformer Tubes, I really hope the same quality is put into each and every piece from here on out... because a typical gripe on this water-pipe was the price, but when you've owned it for awhile... you understand you're paying for a really well-made piece that will essentially last forever.

FULL VIDEO REVIEW WILL BE UP HOPEFULLY BY TOMORROW NIGHT!

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I'm glad to hear you are liking the FC Herbal. I agree with you about price vs. quality... Yeah the thing costs a pretty penny but you are getting a pipe that will last for life. I love ripping compact straight tubes and that's why I took a look into the vapor tool trends here on FC and made something to suit our collective vapor lovin' tastes. I am definitely not a fan of excessive percolation either... So overdone the last 5 or so years and it doesn't work nearly as good as other means of cooling like glycerin coils or the glycerin cubes!

If I personally saw this on the market it would be something I would start a piggy bank for. $299 isn't going to be an impulse buy unless you are Richy Rich ;)... but once people use the thing they understand the build quality and cost. A lot of steel and thick PC costs money. It's like when I want an expensive electronic... I'll look for the best model, best deal and then save. When I finally pull the trigger I'm happy with my research and the product.

There are subtle things for quality as well. What most people probably don't know is that there is a separate plate which is welded to the bottom of the steel tubing before the disc is tri-welded on. Each plate is cut via water jet, mouthpieces are individually machined from solid 304 stainless rod etc.

The new unibody is gonna look dope and perform the same as the current FC for a lower price. Plus the mouthpiece will be part of the PC unibody design and that adds additional strength. More affordable, stronger and cleaner lines is good.

After talking with my good partner at TT it's decided we will also be bringin' that 24K GOLD Plated to the masses with a nice price :) Stay tuned folks, the best is yet to come. I thank everyone for their support and appreciation of my craft. The TT team and I are helping to make all our dreams a reality.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
After talking with my good partner at TT it's decided we will also be bringin' that 24K GOLD Plated to the masses with a nice price :) Stay tuned folks, the best is yet to come. I thank everyone for their support and appreciation of my craft. The TT team and I are helping to make all our dreams a reality.

FUCK YES! :rockon:

TheHerbalReview,
Reactions: Roger D

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
My partners Evan and Mike over at TT brought a 24K Gold Plated SC to the BIG Industry Trade Show. Got some great response, people love gold lol. In my dreams I see a nice weed rapper, gold grill a shinin' ripping a gold SC in a music video. Let's not forget the girls shakin that asssssss. Ahhh in my dreams...

I think gold just has that ability to catch the eye, especially when one gold plates something big. I've never been one for rings or bling but a personal gold unit would make me feel like the man, haha.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
So, I know everyone hasn't been fortunate enough to own a Steele Concept yet... but I tried my best to show the incredible quality of this piece in my review. I've went through almost 20 pages of thread to further educate myself, and am really excited to see what Transformer Tubes has in store for Steve. The Steele Concept is a truly one of a kind piece, and is a must have for people that are tired of breaking their glass.

I'm sorry guys, I know this is "FuckCombustion" but I had to throw a couple clips in for good times :D. You all that are strictly vapesters will be happy to know that this is my first time combusting in a few months... as you all have inspired me to make the big switch.

P.S. at (2:50 I almost died. My water level was a little too low, but I didn't realize it until after the shot. Milked it forever with almost a dry hit ahaha :ko:)

Steele Concept (Video Review)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Wow, you really do top notch reviews Herbal. I'm happy you like using the SC, you have a great camera which highlights the build quality. I really appreciate the exposure and explanation of the SC, it should help answer some customer questions for sure. Some great work you do and keep doing your thing.

Your music selection as always is excellent, I wanna go through all your reviews to put together a vaping mix of tunes :). Maybe you could list em by review - artist - song.

Top Bottom