Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

lwien

LOL.........I wrote the above right after a sesh with the SC. Please replace the word "dispersion" with "diffusion".

Hey, they fucking sound similar, eh? :rolleyes:

lwien,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Lol it's cool man. Too many terms in this industry lately with all the crazy Percs and describing em anyway. Tomato tomaato :)

Glad to hear you find the unit smooth. My friends and I were all very surprised at just how smooth she worked when we first ripped her. I like when the unit makes people smile after they don't cough.

Steele Concept,

Hoops

I've been using the SC tube now for a little over a week and it grows on me more every day. After a few weeks use, I still concur with lwien's very thorough review. I didn't realize how much I would be using the Steele Concept, but it's earned it's spot in my weekly rotation on it's own merit.

Out of what glass I do own, the Steele Concept has the least amount of diffusion using the standard slitted downstem, increasing flavor, but still providing a very smooth hit. The diffusion provided by the downstem alone is quite pleasant and surprisingly more than sufficient for me. I found flavor lasting much longer than I would get out of a matrix or DG at the same temps (obviously), without jeopardizing smoothness of hit.

This alone has change my view on diffusion overall. I will still want diffusion in varying levels, but it needs to be paired properly with the type of medication, similar to a wine to a meal, IMHO. Each level of diffusion has it's place and provides a different experience. The SC fills a hole I had in my lineup that I didn't know I needed....and I'm glad it did.

I'd also like to make special note of the engineering put into this piece. Integration of glass on metal, the ice support doubling as a perc plate for added stacking and a very well thought out design of the base itself come together in a modernly unique water pipe. There's a lot to look at on this piece, you'd be surprised.

The simplicity of it all is what I like the best. If the pricing was a little lower, which I know is being looked at, I would highly recommend this piece to friends a family. It's so effortless, you just add water and it practically hits itself.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Glad to hear you are enjoying the experience Hoops.

As you can see, the thing is a tank and those welds are serious. A lot of custom metalwork costs money. But.... right now there is a lot going on in Steele world and there could be some very exciting stuff happening real soon. This could include a significant price drop more finish options for bases etc.

I can't really get into specifics right now but keep your eyes and ears open. In the words of Mr. Chiesel "...Good things are coming. Good things."

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I've got a SC piece on the way, and can't wait to shoot my full HD video review! I'll let you guys know when it's available!

Yep, I paid him handsomely to say good things about the SC ;). Hehehe just playin, hope you like the piece Herbal. Your reviews are the shit BTW.

A 24K Gold Unit will be displayed at the BIG Industry trade show. Stop by the Transformer Tubes booth to check her out in person if anyone from FC is gonna swing by. Hope everyone is enjoying their pieces.

Steele Concept,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Glad to hear you guys are puttin the SC through the paces. Often times when we get new shit we are bias because we are excited and it's pure novelty. Being satisfied with a product a month, a year a decade down the line is the real test :2c:

I'm hoping I enjoy my new Pax down the line like I have enjoyed the SC since starting this biz. I gotta use a piece of tubing to attach it to the SC to see how she does, I'm surprised by the rips that little unit can dish out. I'm sure she could give a a nice tube milk, if I could get like 1/3rd of what a LSV rip would be I'll be happy.

My ideal vape would be a small Pax type toy that could easily adapt to water pipes. The quality of vaporizers has had such a drastic improvement in the last 5 years or so it's been great. I believe the manufacturers are getting close to perfection.

Steele Concept,

Hoops

I've actually enjoyed the SC more recently as I've come to appreciate it's consistency. Good solid hit, every time, there's no way to mess it up.

I use the SC more often than I ever thought I would. Took it to Portland last weekend and I started to feel like a third wheel next to my wife and the SC.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Wait? Something about people getting paid? Where do I sign up!?

I want Slightly Medicated's job, well... everything but the work part. I'll take the travel, vaping and meeting new people, all the time.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
A hobby becomes work once you get paid for it. Fortunately loving your work makes it not seem so much like "work"

Even the word work conjures up negative feeling for most people, lol.

Steele Concept,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Nice WOOT post SliM, that was a deal on cubes. WOOT has got some good stuff, I really like their biz model.

Steele Concept,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I was too late. It was for silverware, by the time I clicked. :ko:

Appreciate the heads up, nevertheless. :tup:

BigDaddyVapor,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
HUGE UPDATE!

Hi guys,

Wow a lot has happened in the last month. First the bad news... I was hospitalized last week for 4 days with a severe Clostridium Difficile infection. You guys can google it but basically it's where someone takes antibiotics and the good gut flora die off causing the bad bacteria to take over. I wasn't doing good for a while and running to the bathroom losing blood and in great pain >20 times a day. Normally I would have headed right to the hospital but I have Ulcerative Colitis so I figured it was just a temporary flare up, when I saw my GI doctor he prescribed steroids not knowing I had an infection and it made it even worse.

In a nutshell I knew I needed to go to the hospital when I couldn't walk straight or think straight from severe dehydration and anemia from blood loss. When I went to the hospital my white blood cell count was double what it should have been, red blood count was low and electrolytes were all over the map.

All in all pretty nasty shit but I felt better in just days once they gave me medicine to kill the bad bacteria. I'm gaining my strength back every day. In a week or two I'll be lifting weights and doing jiu jitsu and wrestling again. (Can't wait)

It's pretty humbling in a way because if I lived in a 3rd world country I'd surely be dead. That's how people in bad parts of Africa and India die every die. So as odd as it sounds I feel pretty fortunate to just be kickin' around :rockon: Getting sick has a way of doing that to you. Moral of the story is if you are taking antibiotics, be careful! Definitely invest in a good probiotic and if you have IBD like Crohns or Colitis be super careful. Shit can be evil. Antibiotics are way overprescribed anyway.

Now for the good stuff... I am pleased to announce that Transformer Tubes has acquired the Steele Concept design and we are working together to bring down the cost dramatically but keep the design the same with Polycarbonate injection molding.

TransformerTechnicians.png

I am now a proud member of the Transformer Technician team and am very happy about that. TT was formed by an awesome engineer named Evan and his financial wiz college roomate Mike. It's an ideal match because I am a sales and marketing kind of guy and TT has engineering and math brains. These guys excel where I am weak. So we have a diverse team with a group of guys with different background, specialties and degrees.

About Transformer Tubes and the brains behind it

After a conversation with the team we are also pleased to announce a universal 10% discount across all Transformer Tube lines including the Steele Concept for FC Members. As always you can see my product on my website and check out the 2013 Transformer Tubes Spring Catalog

I think some of these tubes will be very popular in the vaporizer community here as they have very affordable indestructible units and my premium design is an option now as well. What's even better is that these can all use the glycerin cubes in the ice catcher.

Overall it's a win/win for everyone and something TT and I have been working on for the last month. I didn't want to prematurely announce anything until the details were sorted. If anyone is interested in TT or SC stuff, feel free to PM me or ask questions in the thread. If you have detailed questions I'd love to speak with you on the phone as I have done with many good FC member here.

All good stuff!

lwien

Wow..............sooooo glad you're feeling better. That's some scary shit right there.

Will Transformer be marketing your SC tube?

Hoops

First off, welcome back and glad to hear you are doing better. I also have UC and a few years back decided that Gluton Free was the way to go. It has helped me immensely.

Secondly, Excellent news and Congrats on the colab! It's been fun watching the business grow so quickly to this point and I expect you and it will grow further. Excited to see what the future has to offer.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Thanks guys for the kind words guys. Now on to your questions...

Lwein - TT will be responsible for all manufacturing, logistics, marketing, advertising etc. I get to do sales, which is what I love. Well I also love marketing by doing graphics or website type work but I always need help doing that, lol.

Kingofnull - This will drop the MSRP substantially and was one of the primary reasons for SC going TT. This is a product for the people and the two things people wanted was a perc (plate perc FTW) and a lower price. The price has been dropping but not as much as I and you guys would like. This will now be taken care of in a couple months.

Hoops - Excellent suggestion. Gluten doesn't really bother me unless i'm flaring, then my body seems not to like it. However, wheat kinda sucks in general and I cut it from my diet with great results. I eat primarily paleo now and I love meat, fat and vegetables... So does my body.

Thanks for watching along as the SC develops. We are now entering into phase 2, which is national and international distribution and sales of the SC. We will be leveraging TT's existing relationships with shops and distributors to accelerate growth.

Oh, one more thing...

I am looking to get rid of the rest of my stock of SC units ASAP. These units will be the last units available with the thick Stainless Steel mouthpiece, before the polycarbonate unibody update. So if you like that, you may want to move forward.

To help move em along, I am offering FC members a whopping 33% discount. I just marked the SC price down on my website from $329.99 to $299.99... Now my math ain't that good but $300 x .33 discount = ...

$200.00 for FC Members, while supplies last. Including free shipping.

Top Bottom