Transformer Tubes (Formerly Steele Concept)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I have used the Aromazap CRZ and the LSV with the SC. CRZ is great for efficiency and LSV is fantastic for clouds. I prefer pairing the SC with direct draw vapes. I'm interested in your question as well... What vapes are you guys coupling with the SC?

Steele Concept,
I was able to check out the SC at a local place yesterday. It is very solid and not as heavy as I thought it would be. Unfortunately it was the older design with 4 small holes spaced evenly apart, so I wasn't able to get an idea of how well the new style perc diffuses. Nonetheless, I like the novelty of the SC. Nice product for sure.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Good to hear you are enjoying the tube goats. 12 hours sounds like a nice marathon sesh!

The remainder of the SC stock has been moving steadily and I would expect to be out of stock by month end, perhaps sooner. It is always nice to hear that people are enjoying the piece, after all that was the idea behind designing the unit. As with any product, if you put a smile on someones face then that is the best form of advertisement. Happy people tell other people about the products they like.

When I'm on the phone with headshops I'm always saying great things about the Pax, 7th Floor, glass companies I'm fond of etc. When it comes to electronics I always advocate for Apple, Asus, Samsung, Audioengine, Sennheiser etc.

The other day I was on the phone with a dealer from Alaska and they said one of their fellow coworkers purchased a SC unit and was raving about it :). In a cold climate like that one could keep the cubes on permachill, hehe.

Steele Concept,

Herbal Ant

Still can't decide between this or a Jet, anyone on here who has one of each that could do a vs of them? A detailed list, or video would be even better.

Herbal Ant,

lwien

For vapor, considering size and amount of diffusion, I'd go with the SC in a heartbeat.

And then, if you factor in the professionalism of the companies that manufacture and market them, the decision to go with the SC becomes a no-brainer.

goatgobaahh

^exactly the SC belongs in EVERYONE'S collection. I wrote a review while kinda vaked. I hope you guys like it!

My review of the Steele Concept.

Let me prelude this review with the fact that I have only had this for 24 hours, however I have used this in numerous ways and tested it rigorously to see if I would be happy with the product. I will update this post as I see fit, however I must say when I test something out. I really work that shit.

First impression:
Packing was discreet and it came in 3 days in a small USPS box.(love how the box didn't say fragile on it!). Upon opening the package there was LOTS OF BUBBLE WRAP! Inside was the following (SC water pipe, 2 sets of cubes, vertical slit black leaf downstem, horizontal slit downstem.)

The unit was smaller than I had anticipated, I had quickly realized this is a very good thing(about say 13 inches tall). Holding the SC everything feels very well put together. I did clean it with ISO and salt. It shined when it was done.

I have a couple of configurations I tried out yesterday they went as follows. I have a 11 arm ash catcher that I used if I put a/c it is referring to this piece.

Vertical downstem, no cubes
Horizontal downstem, no cubes
Vertical downstem,cubes
Horizontal downstem, cubes
a/c, vertical downstem, cubes
a/c,horizontal downstem, cubes
Hot water, Horizontal downstem, no cubes

Pretty much with all these configurations I was able to get great hits using all methods. However, I found that using my a/c was not the best of decisions. This water pipe has a built in (steel or polycarbon) honeycomb plate at the base of the tube. That provides PLENTY OF DIFFUSION for vaper. You actually dont need to use an ash catcher, because mine only added drag(it could be because it a $30 cheapo a/c too).

I personally found that this pipe works best with two setups first Hot water, Horizontal downstem, no cubes the steam helps produce MASSIVE hits. Secondly Just cubes room temp water, and thats it.

You should also know that this produces more milk than a fucking dairy farm. My other piece makes big hits, but this absolutely DESTROYS me.

Overall I am VERY happy with this product. I am fairly certain I will never buy another piece again the SC does everything I need with ease.

Customer service has been and is excellent. I had many questions which were answered with detail and any request I had was filled instantly. This is certainty a company I would like to buy from more. I cant wait to see what the future has for SC. Even told my LHS about it they had me write down the name because what I was saying was so impressive!

I have been at work all day and I can not stop thinking about the moment I get home bust out the cubes and start milking indestructobong!

lwien

^^ Great review. And I agree wholeheartedly. I found that using the downstem with horizonal slits, with cubes, with hot water works REALLY well. Totally milk that puppy with the LSV with a medium draw and it's milked really quick.

For vapor, I think all of the diffusion that is going on in the Jet is not a good thing. The SC has just enough diffusion to smooth things out while retaining taste and potency. I really couldn't ask for anything more.

btw, goat, I put my SC on this and it keeps things nice and toasty:

goatgobaahh

Thank you Lwien I find many if your posts informative so that carries weight coming from you. I read about your purchase brother seems like a great idea. How long does it stay hot/warm? Also, I believe you heat up your cubes is that correct? If so, how do you go about doing that?

I personally haven't looked at the JET. The fact remains Steele started in my home state. Steve is a great human being(must admit I have never met him in person although I'm sure this holds true), and I have a product that is flawless in every way (as in I cant think of a SINGLE flaw, only ideas to expand upon). I have no need to look at whatever this Jet thing is.

I was convinced before using the SC that I was going to attach a Inline Ashcatcher to it. I now no longer see the need other than the "visual" effect. I might just try it, because well I dont know anyone who has.

goatgobaahh,

lwien

Here's what I do.

Turn on the LSV to operating temp.
Put hot plate in micro-wave. Set timer for 3 min.
Put a half of cup of hot water in SC to warm it up.
Put cubes in cup and fill with hot water.
After 3min, take out hot plate and put on table.
Empty hot water from SC (water now cool but warmed up SC)
Put hot cubes in SC
Refill with 1/2 cup of hot water
Put SC on hot plate and vaporbong.

Hot plate will keep SC very, very warm for between 30 to 45 min. Still warm an hour later.

goatgobaahh

You know I dont normally prefer Hot water, but on the SC I cant ignore the positive effects.
I'm going to dig back a few pages and find the link where you bought your hotplate and try this setup out.

My responses will degrade after this post, just took my first hit of the sesh. I wish I had my webcam I could show all of FC the dairy farm I have in my apartment from all the milk I get from this beast.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The homie HerbalRev really puts out some cool shit, huh?? I'm glad he stuck around FC. I said it before, I generally don't do review videos because people drone on and on and never address the stuff I care about, but HerbalRev hits it on all the marks. Clean video format, clear shots of the important stuff, planned-out real-world use, solid conclusions. He's one of the only youtube channels I can sit down and watch video after video and not get bored.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I have been at work all day and I can not stop thinking about the moment I get home bust out the cubes and start milking indestructobong!

When a man gotta milk... A man gotta milk ;) lol

Quetzalcoatl - Herbal def puts out top notch shit. I watched his jyarz review earlier today. His stuff is easy on the eyes and ears, like good music.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
The homie HerbalRev really puts out some cool shit, huh?? I'm glad he stuck around FC. I said it before, I generally don't do review videos because people drone on and on and never address the stuff I care about, but HerbalRev hits it on all the marks. Clean video format, clear shots of the important stuff, planned-out real-world use, solid conclusions. He's one of the only youtube channels I can sit down and watch video after video and not get bored.

It's super dope just randomly reading a thread and coming across stuff like this! Really appreciate it.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Hi guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know we are actively working on getting the Glass on Polycarbonate Transformer Tubes in. ETA is 2 months and we should have a shitload of em. IMHO it is a very important upgrade which will allow a lot of people that want something unbreakable yet air tight GonGable to be happy :)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Lol Quetz.

What I mean is the glass rests right on the polycarb like in the SC where the glass rests right on the steel.

No more grommets :)

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
New Transformer Tube ad is attracting some attention to the new color offerings. Personally I'm partial to green myself. Rasta theme looks pretty dope.

2qsz7s4.jpg

Steele Concept,

lwien

Sorry to say, SC, but that is fugly. Looks like a kids building set or an elementary school science project.

Guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

btw, still rockin' the original SC. Still lovin' it. Use it daily. Works soooooo well as a vapor piece mated to the LSV. Really, they were made for each other.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Glad to hear you like the SC and LSV pairing, they certainly work good together!

Fugly... hhahaha I use that word. My preference is e a clear base, yellow bell perc and green freezer column. That is how I setup the demo unit I had and it looked good. I doubt many people would setup their unit with all the colors of the rainbow but for the ad it makes it pop.

School colors or team color combinations are popular. We have a complete offering of TT modular stuff in transparent or colors and the SC as a higher end offering for all demographics and budgets.

Imma have to ship you a rainbow monster elementary project if ya get too sassy lwien ;) You'll have to love her!

Steele Concept,
Top Bottom