• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Titan vaporizer

randybishop

I got a Titan 1 to give to a friend, got it for $25 on eBay.
Works great, but does the burning plastic smell ever go away?

randybishop,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The 'smell' thing is all down to the manufacturer and you will have no real idea who made it or what went into it. Also as is repeated here taste is subjective and what you taste another may not. It's all too hit and miss.
My Titan 2 was 'clean' after a couple of burn offs and a few uses.
I have a good sense of smell and taste. When my neighbor is in his garden four doors away, tall fences and hedges between us, I can still smell his cheap aftershave.
I for one will not buy another disposable, Chinese, vaporizer. I don't think they are up to any kind of standard at the moment. I also hate to think how many unsold units are being stripped for usable parts and the shit they can't use becoming landfill.
One day there will be a well priced reliable vaporizer made from sustainable materials with a reliable heater and built with the customer in mind. If you check where I've posted lately you will see the future is a lot closer than we think.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, here is a follow up on this post on re-doing the T2's heater.
The initial insulator from that post did not work that well as it took the unit much longer to reach vaping temperature. I have now re-done it using cellucotton and high heat O rings (from Solo) to hold in place. Works much better.
IMG_20150726_025652_zpskigxuqxm.jpg

Here it is before I added the cellucotton and testing for functionality. Temporarily held tight by a twisted wire. Removed after the O rings put in place. Still used the old heater element as an insulator both under and over the new 1 ohm heating element. Connection to the wire needs to be a crimp method as solder will not stay in place.
IMG_20150726_025616_zpsnylryx2q.jpg

Ready to install back.
IMG_20150726_025437_zps1gsdzv1t.jpg
IMG_20150726_025333_zps3yyxu2yf.jpg

Note that I also made the connections on the upper part on board instead of the bottom.
IMG_20150726_025306_zpsmdd66pmf.jpg

I have been using for a few weeks now and find it a big hitter for sure. Goes through the herb pretty quick so not great when on a herb budget. But when time are good this unit rocks. Taste is excellent NOW. Little hot from short air path but OK with longer stem.

Speaking of which..... Was the other pita for this beast. I previously posted on making the top for fitting a 510 mouthpiece. Works good but would fall out if not careful. So I further modded it as well. Including grinding the top of the T2 flat as well.
IMG_20150730_082600_zps5hnrwx11.jpg
IMG_20150730_082410_zpskhld5v3f.jpg

Added a hold down locking clip whic I made from the wire on paperclip.
p17i19raeb162i1g59mqqbsrre09-details.jpg
IMG_20150813_195739_zpsjyel59vv.jpg
IMG_20150813_195827_zpst1flypzu.jpg

I actually really enjoy this unit now. Still a risky purchase from what i can make of the feedback here.
IMO, the actual methodology for this vape is quite good. Too bad some units seem assembled with questionable goods.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Pipes your heater looks like it's made with a thin film element similar to the one I have? Mine takes forever to come up to full temp. But as you say cloudy enough. I can also say it has a better flavor than my 05. I put that in part to a wide spread of power delivery the ability to be able to go thru the celsius range degree by degree is a novelty when you've gotten used a pot. and a bit of sticky tape with numbers on it. No guarantee on accuracy of the Titan but nice all the same and good even dross, ABV, nice and brown. I've stuck with the 10mm boro tube with skin shimming.
Looks great.
Just looked at it all again yep love it. 510 drip tips so many materials, shapes and forms it would seem you can please all the people all the time. @HD Springer this may help you out a bit
OVTxoBB.jpg

Last edited:
phattpiggie,
Reactions: Pipes

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Petrolhead_GR that looks like a piece of copper pipe you would be better off with stainless steel.

@oldfart only time will tell if it goes or not. After a few burn off's and a couple of loads mine went but no one can be sure if they have a good or bad one. I hope for your sake it does because the flavor and clouds are great for the money spent.

phattpiggie,

Chapstic

I registered after I got my vape yesterday and I'm thankful for this thread because it told me exactly what I was getting myself into.

I've used the titan 2 a few times and it's has some really things going for it at this price point.
I'll admit I have a shit sense of smell and taste but I did taste that fresh new petrol machine oil smell when I vaped (didn't bother doing a dry burn that could damage the unit from over heating or off gas plastic like idoits on the internet claiming). The vape wasn't that harsh people are nanies my ecig hit harder than this thing.

Comparing this to another amazing cheap vape like the mflb , its a nice change. I found that the mflb got me absolutely blasted with very little weed but the time it took to just vape was a little crappy (no wants to spend 15 minutes getting high). The herb was never even with my mflb. The titan 2 I got evenly cooks the weed at 375 f and nothing looks burned which is impressive from a pinnicle pro knock off.

The draw back to an oven style vape is that the weed gets toasted to quickly so you have to pay attention. This vape is also pretty wasteful when it comes to herb. The battery life is also okay getting me around 3 sessions which is more than I can say for my launch box.

In conclusion:
If I want a long satisfying vape that feels like smoking a joint I will use my launch box

If I'm lazy as fuck I will use my titan because it works pretty good and its convient (micro USB charge port and what not)

Last edited:

Petrolhead

Welcome...
after a few cucles will be fine... needs time. I have only one gear 420f. :science:
Chinese manufacturers sell value editions (!) with 21 $. Imagine smell !.

@phattpiggie: yes you are right in my plans to make the same from stainless steel

OF

OK, so after 'discovering' the Hebe Titan II I decided to give it a try. My thinking was it might be a 'near ideal backup vape' for those who don't want to spend a lot of money. And I mean 'only a very small amount' here:
http://www.hebestars.com/product/hebe-titan-2/

TWENTY DOLLARS!
Shipped from Washington State no less, not China. Buy two ($40 total) and they pay first class postage to you. I bought two (one Red, one Black) and had them in hand a few days later. After some personal time and reading this thread I thought I'd add by two cents...... based on my experience GO FOR IT! IMO a huge score in the 'bang for the buck' category. Twenty bucks?

Mine shift between C and F (seems to be a key point?) but it takes several seconds of pushing both buttons to make the change, perhaps some owners aren't being patient enough? No abnormal 'toxic fumes' I detected. I could see nothing in strong sidelight against a black background, didn't smell or taste anything out of the normal in 'burn offs by reflex'. Very typical of lots of vapes, IMO nothing to fear.

It's a little awkward to fire up in the dark since you get no lights until it's on and the heater is actually engaged. It takes me several tries at 'five quick pushes (to turn it on) then one long one (to start the heater and light'. If it doesn't go you have to try again (not knowing if it's on or off). And the display is a simple LCD not some flashy OLED that costs more and might not convey as much. The battery meter is a big plus IMO.

Not only does it make for a fun vape IMO but it's great insurance against your main vape packing it in and leaving you facing blazing again while it gets fixed. Let's face it, we preach 'get a backup' to each other, but many don't seem to heed that advice. This vape costs less than a gram of the top shelf bud when tax is considered.

Aside from 'give it to a new guy to get him hooked' I see an expansion on the idea of a 'throw away' vape you wouldn't be too upset loosing at a concert, beach or other place you shouldn't really have your vape out......air travel! Take a brand new one, still in the sealed box with you leaving. Maybe even gift wrap it, I seriously doubt they'd open a wrapped gift in your checked bags, but so what if they do? Then, when it's time to come home from wherever, no need to worry about cleaning it up. Give it to a deserving cab driver, a long time or casual friend, or put it in a trash can.

I've only done a couple dozen sessions but if nothing changes I think I'm going to add this guy to my standard 'get a backup vape' spiel.

Merry Christmas, gentle friends, I suggest you see if Christmas bills have left you with $20 plus post....or better still $40 and get a pair so you can use one (if only to get acquainted if not routinely use) and stash the other.

http://www.hebestars.com/product/hebe-titan-2/

OF

Edit: I forgot to mention a couple of 'happy coincidences' here, the new pods for the FlowerMates fit the Hebe just fine:
https://thevapor.institute/product/flowermate-oilwax-pod/

lets you add vaping oils and waxes to the capabilities to this 'poor man's vape'. Very handy for fast reloads or even changes in materials (dump the herb and be heating up an oil load in under a minute). The herb version of the same carts (when back in stock....):
https://thevapor.institute/product/flowermate-herb-pod/

Not only extends this to herb swaps on the fly (although at about half capacity) but also do a bang up job with Bubble Hash! At least the grades I have. Some of the Supermelts and so on might leak out but my spent Bubble comes out 'clean and easy' as a gooey lump when poked out warm with a toothpick. A pod or two preloaded is a nice option and also not likely to impact the finances much at all.

OF

Last edited:

lookhigh

FC member
Unfortunately there is no option for shipping outside the US.
Nowhere else seems to come close in price compared to the link @OF posted.

lookhigh,
Reactions: OF

OF

Unfortunately there is no option for shipping outside the US.
Nowhere else seems to come close in price compared to the link @OF posted.

But that's not true. For instance, here you can get one for even less ($16.33 shipped):
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hebe-...rizer/255035475.html#s1-11-7b;searl|878199805

This, of course, involves more risk. And since I haven't tried one I cannot recommend it like the ones I have above, but I'm not sure how one counterfeits a $20 vape and makes money. For sure the ones I bought came from somewhere in China to start with. But given the chance to support a Domestic company selling them, get their 90 day warranty which should cover most problems, get faster shipping times and so on a few more dollars seemed good to me. I'm happy with and recommend the ones I bought, but for the price I'd probably take a chance with the DHGate one and be willing to write it off as a complete loss.

Look around some, prices seem to vary a lot, even day to day, on DHGate. You don't always need to buy a minimum lot to get in cheap.

Your call, of course. Other options exist.

OF

lookhigh

FC member
THX for that link @OF but i just dont like ordering from China.
Delivery can take anywhere from 4 weeks to 10 weeks to Ireland and i do not have the patience for that.
Ordering from US is usually 1 week or less and an all round better CS.
Im sure Randy @PuffItUp will provide these at a good price?

lookhigh,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Even at $20 the lottery as to whether or not you get a good one is too much a risk for me. When mine worked I couldn't fault it other than poor battery life it did everything I wanted. I used it as an all day sipper. The ability to up the temp by the degree was good for full on flavor exploration.

phattpiggie,
Reactions: nondarb

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@OF : if you re-read the thread you will see that it's clear that there are counterfeit versions floating around everywhere, as counter-intuitive as it might sound for such a cheap product in the first place.

@phattpiggie : you didn't manage to repair yours in the end? I thought you bought the bare circuit from FTech, no?

OF

@OF : if you re-read the thread you will see that it's clear that there are counterfeit versions floating around everywhere, as counter-intuitive as it might sound for such a cheap product in the first place.

I'm not so sure those are counterfeit as much as developmental changes? This thread covers a lot of models and changes. Anything is possible, which is why I can only recommend units from a source I've tested personally. I expect the guys in Washington I bought it from to be up to speed on what's legit and what's not. No guarantee of that, of course, but they are backing it with their 90 day guarantee and have a business to protect.

DHGate is a proven vendor of counterfeit (as well as legit) products, the risk there is clear and

THX for that link @OF but i just dont like ordering from China.

Im sure Randy @PuffItUp will provide these at a good price?

You're welcome. I understand not wanting to buy from China, but they are available for cheaper than the recommended source. Your call.

I'm not sure Randy is interested in such a low end market. His call there?

OF

Pacote

Signed up just to thank whoever came up with the glass tube ideia. This made this 20USD Titan just tons better for me. Used an old mouthpiece from a broken G5 cheap unit. Used a mesh screen inside the tube and its so easy to clean and refill (just blown on it and put more herb).

Kapton tape is just so the tube fits tightly inside the chamber

U1eCUEE.jpg

SnI8Wlo.jpg

kTmoT0R.jpg

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@KeroZen I did replace the PCB and it works but not properly. I've had it to bits several times now and tried the thermistor in a couple of different positions but it will time out before it reaches the temp I set it at.
@Pacote I used rolling papers instead of Kapton. Rolling papers are cheap and easily replaced. They showed some signs of scorching but nothing to worry about.

OF

@KeroZen I did replace the PCB and it works but not properly. I've had it to bits several times now and tried the thermistor in a couple of different positions but it will time out before it reaches the temp I set it at.

Do the displayed temperatures seem right to you? It's entirely possible the PCB is set up for a different thermistor I think? Mine shows 'room temperature' (say 72F) to start with normally, about 86F or so if it's been in my pocket for a while.

If you set it to the minimum does it, 'make temperature', do a normal cycle and time out? And this is using the stock heater, right? That is it's not a matter of to few Watts.

OF

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
I will have another look at it. I seem to think I wasn't happy with the PCB for some reason. Thanks @OF it makes a bit more sense. Fasttech had 2 boards and I don't remember which one I ended up getting.

phattpiggie,

Pacote

i just used kapton cause i have a roll here on my bench. It was very cheap from ebay. As far as replacing goes i dont thing it would be needed. Im using the same kapton for the last 2 months and its still perfect.

JoeyEunos

Ok, so I've just bought a Titan 2 as my first vape, it's arrived and the chamber looks like it would take circa 0.3 of a gram to even loosely fill... There's no way I can consume that much bud in one sitting as it would literally floor me :whoa:

Is there anyway round this, eg consuming the chamber over a number of tokes on different days... Or packing the chamber out with some cotton wool to accept a smaller load etc?

MASSIVE thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice on this!

JoeyEunos,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Just put as much as you want and tamp it down. Who said you needed to fill the entire bowl? :p

KeroZen,

JoeyEunos

Just put as much as you want and tamp it down. Who said you needed to fill the entire bowl? :p

That was the plan, but I literally need a miniscule amount to get high and anything more is a waste. The chaps over on my 'Ask FC' thread have made it clear that chamber really needs to be packed to conduct the heat through the weed evenly and as such it won't work well with small amounts.

Bad times.

I think I'll try it with small amounts and see how I get on but by the sounds of things I've bought a completely unsuitable vape, at least it didn't cost much!

JoeyEunos,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
That was the plan, but I literally need a miniscule amount to get high and anything more is a waste. The chaps over on my 'Ask FC' thread have made it clear that chamber really needs to be packed to conduct the heat through the weed evenly and as such it won't work well with small amounts.

Not sure about that theory - it really depends on the kind of vape you use. The Titan will work with any amount of material, packed or unpacked, the difference is really how much material is being vaporized at the same time (more weed in a tighter pack will result in more vapor cause well, there's more weed) . I regularly still break out my NO2, which uses a similar system as the Titan, and if I fill it completely (which I seldom do), I don't tamp it at all. If the Titan pulls air over the heating element like the NO2, then tamping it too much will prevent any convection heating (using hot air), so it actually might not work as well.

I gave my Titan to my daughter a few years ago, and she used it up until recently when she got a Pax 2 - a very nice vape when you want to step up.

Solomon,
Top Bottom