Discontinued ThermoVape

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, it's the size of a board, maybe slightly larger, but what sold me on it was this: " Bubbleproof application. Exclusive grit-binding process for grip that will not wear out. Tear-resistant "plastic plywood" backing that trims evenly every time. Super sticky adhesive that will not peel up in extreme heat or cold."

and the price tag was $6 w/ free shipping. here is the link again:http://www.zumiez.com/mob-grip-tape.html?gclid={SI:gclid}

I also used a tiny strip of it on the switch my ultralite, and it works really well. I know it's not the perfect solution but it's affordable, and you get a lot of it.

jambandphan03,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I hate to admit... sometimes I have sweaty hands. I sometimes find that it makes it hard to keep the trigger pushed up. It ends up slipping down. I think that tape might help allot.

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
How hot do we think the battery casing gets on the T1 or the Evolution? Does it go above 200F? I was thinking I might try this stuff: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...p+Multi-Purpose+Rubber+Coating&storeId=10051I could dip the battery casing once to get a thin layer coating the outside of the casing. It might still fit in the sleeve. If it does not fit I could trim away the areas over the ridges and leave the plastic in the valley areas. That might provide some good grip and a little insulating from the heat. The plastic is rated to 200F so as long as it does not get that hot it could work. If it gets too hot though I would be worried about the plastic melting.

Slightly Medicated,
How hot do we think the battery casing gets on the T1 or the Evolution? Does it go above 200F? I was thinking I might try this stuff: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202299845/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=Performix 14.5 oz. Plasti Dip Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating&storeId=10051I could dip the battery casing once to get a thin layer coating the outside of the casing. It might still fit in the sleeve. If it does not fit I could trim away the areas over the ridges and leave the plastic in the valley areas. That might provide some good grip and a little insulating from the heat. The plastic is rated to 200F so as long as it does not get that hot it could work. If it gets too hot though I would be worried about the plastic melting.
I doubt the battery sleeve gets anywhere near 200f. Even when it's the hottest it gets I can usually bare to touch it for a couple seconds without burning myself.

Futuretvowner,

ManicMaurice

How hot do we think the battery casing gets on the T1 or the Evolution? Does it go above 200F? I was thinking I might try this stuff: [...]url cut[...] could dip the battery casing once to get a thin layer coating the outside of the casing. It might still fit in the sleeve. If it does not fit I could trim away the areas over the ridges and leave the plastic in the valley areas. That might provide some good grip and a little insulating from the heat. The plastic is rated to 200F so as long as it does not get that hot it could work. If it gets too hot though I would be worried about the plastic melting.

If you're going to use the Plasti Dip be sure to leave some part of the battery sleeve uncovered by the plastic so that it can make contact with the body of the device and complete the circuite. If the sleeve is completely insulated from the body of the device then the heater core won't fire and heat up.

ManicMaurice,

OF

I'm hijacking the thread yet you have made two posts that have nothing to do with the vape..... :doh:

I posted a single question about whether or not they could offer us the batteries at wholesale and then started to get responses from people who have NO affiliation with the company as to why they can't do it. All I'm waiting for is a simple yes or no from the Makers of TV who read this forum, yet there are about 5 or 6 people who think they are responsible for answering a question that they physically can't answer.

I'm a bit confused at this point. Am I one of the "people who have NO affiliation with the company" (I've been accused of being a secretly paid shill you know.....) or am I one of the "about 5 or 6 people who think they are responsible for answering a question that they physically can't answer"? I can't be both I think?

I'm not sure it really matters, since I don't think either is true, but I'd like to know which camp of enemy I'm in? I really don't have a secret agenda here, I don't work for TV or THC, although both have asked me to test their gear for them. If you check, you'll find positive and negative observations and comments from me to each. But even if it were true, what difference would it really make? Ideas should have standing on their own. Shouting and name calling avoid responding to the uncomfortable questions sometimes......

As Jam has said, perhaps the problem is some of us don't agree with you and that's not sitting well?

There's a difference between discussing and derailing. I thought on a forum full of adults the "@Tim" would make it clear I'm phrasing my question for him.

Agreed. A big difference. The gentle readers of this forum are once again encouraged to review the information and decide who's trying to help and who's got a different agenda in play. I assume folks know our opinions there, no real need to repeat them again. And again. And again.

It's already been said that a pubic question on this forum is an invitation for others to participate, not an opportunity for a 'bully pulpit". I feel folks (myself included) properly give their views. As a bit of unsolicited advice, you might want to reconsider bringing who's behaving in an adult manner and who's not into the discussion?

I remain of the opinion that you (or anyone else) asking a question does not compel anyone (like Tim) to answer it. "When did you stop beating your wife?" kind of stuff included. It's their business model, their decision. Wanting them to sell stuff at low prices is normal of course, but I still don't think it's any more realistic than GM selling new Firestone tires cheaper than Big O. Perhaps they could (although they could have a fair price agreement in play, same as TV might?), but IMO it's not realistic to expect....yes they could perhaps if they wanted to for another reason (that made economic sense with their model) but they didn't go into business to sell tires any more than TV did to be batter vendors. Avoiding the issue doesn't make it go away, either.

As always, asking a question like that and not having it answered leaves the reader wondering if there is no good answer or it's just plain 'none of your business'. I think we all have our opinions there, or will form them as needed?

OF

OF

If you're going to use the Plasti Dip be sure to leave some part of the battery sleeve uncovered by the plastic so that it can make contact with the body of the device and complete the circuite. If the sleeve is completely insulated from the body of the device then the heater core won't fire and heat up.

It's pretty tight in there, I'm not sure the slide will still move? For sure insulation in the area should be approached with caution. Not only from an electrical point of view, but also from a thermal one. Not in terms of the coating but of the battery temperature. Adding (thermal) insulation will make them hotter still, and heat build up is already a serious problem.

I suggest leaving as much exposed metal as possible for this reason. Tabs make more sense than a full coating seems to me?

OF

OF,

RagingWinds

Can one use the EVO 6V without the delrin sleeve, or does the unit become to hot to handle? I wish they would sell the sleeves separate. I like the white but black is definitely better for the stealth factor...

I'm also a little confused.. On this page http://thermovape.com/collections/b...movape-evolution-starter-kit-standard-voltage it shows a delrin cap right before the heating core. But in the videos below it shows that it's bare aluminum. Is that something you can just take off?

RagingWinds,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
So.... the grip tape I put on my T1 switch seems to be working pretty good, and staying stuck down. It's actually pretty cool, it super grippy, and makes the switch feel much more effortless to activate. You can see in this photo how big of a roll I got for $6 shipped...

it's the big roll behind the solo says MOB GRIP on it... oh, and I am using the TV glass adapter on my PVHES solo stem, it fits right in there... :tup:

ZuXy6.jpg

Hi.. (Note: I dont have my T1 yet as it is on order and have never had one in my hands)

This is grip tape correct? Is it not really rough??? Almost like sand paper? it don't bother your thumbs
any???

I noticed you are a Solo fan, as I am, How do you compare your Solo to your T1? Which you use most? I love my solo but wanted something a little more stealth and portable.. The Solo glass tube can be hard to hide(Throw in on the floor, or under a bed on in your pocket at a moments notice etc) for obvious reasons as the glass tube comes apart from the solo very easy(you have to hold it in place by hand) and the Herb is in the the glass tube so you have to be careful and not spill your herb.. etc... The T1 seems like it will solve all this for me..

Overall how is the Vape of the T1 compared to the Solo..

With my Solo this is what I experience with about a 3/4 packed load in my Solo.

First draw.. taste great but not much visible Vape, Second draw, third draw, 4th and even 5th draw some really nice visible Vape... 6th draw thru 9 or 10, little bit of visible vape..

Kuroth1,

Bart

Can one use the EVO 6V without the delrin sleeve, or does the unit become to hot to handle? I wish they would sell the sleeves separate. I like the white but black is definitely better for the stealth factor...

I'm also a little confused.. On this page http://thermovape.com/collections/b...movape-evolution-starter-kit-standard-voltage it shows a delrin cap right before the heating core. But in the videos below it shows that it's bare aluminum. Is that something you can just take off?
If you look under t1 and evolution accessories. They have sleeves and cores available separately.
It does get very hot without sleeve but seems to perform quicker nd have slightly less of a learning curve.

Bart,

OF

They've said a couple of times now, all parts are available individually. As are custom and specials. I suspect it's too much trouble putting a bunch of individual parts on the web page since they make a big effort to reflect their stock (the don't advertise stuff they can't ship.....), keeping that updated is not going to be trivial.

Anyway, send them an email or call, they can help you out......they have lots of other guys. They seem to very much want you to use and enjoy your TV products. Just ask 'em for what you want.....

Good luck,

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hi.. (Note: I dont have my T1 yet as it is on order and have never had one in my hands)

This is grip tape correct? Is it not really rough??? Almost like sand paper? it don't bother your thumbs
any???

I noticed you are a Solo fan, as I am, How do you compare your Solo to your T1? Which you use most? I love my solo but wanted something a little more stealth and portable.. The Solo glass tube can be hard to hide(Throw in on the floor, or under a bed on in your pocket at a moments notice etc) for obvious reasons as the glass tube comes apart from the solo very easy(you have to hold it in place by hand) and the Herb is in the the glass tube so you have to be careful and not spill your herb.. etc... The T1 seems like it will solve all this for me..

Overall how is the Vape of the T1 compared to the Solo..

With my Solo this is what I experience with about a 3/4 packed load in my Solo.

First draw.. taste great but not much visible Vape, Second draw, third draw, 4th and even 5th draw some really nice visible Vape... 6th draw thru 9 or 10, little bit of visible vape..

I find the T1 to be an excellent vape next to the solo. Of course they are both different in performance, but the T1 tastes great, like the solo, and depending on how heavy you load the bowl, you can get about as many hits from a load as you do from the solo. You are correct in the easier to put away feature, no glass stems to mess with, I also like that you can do a quick warm up take a couple of hits from the T1, and put it down in the time it would take the solo to heat up.

The grip tape is rough like sand paper, and I have pretty tender fingers, but I have not noticed any discomfort. It's not sharp like sandpaper, just seems to grip really good. I just barely place my thumb on it, and it grips. Takes some of the muscle work out of the equation when activating the switch, and my thumb doesn't get as tired holding it in the on position.

jambandphan03,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Wow, go away for a week and the thread takes a detour through the twilight zone...

I found this great container for your herbals. It's exactly the same size as a T1 or Evo, it's air and water tight, it's mostly indestructible, and has two sections, each with its own screw on cap and O-ring, so you can have two kinds of herb with you, or two different grinds, or just fill the one section, and the other section will hold all your ABV, if you like to save ABV, or you don't want to dump it in the trash can and stink up the police station. It fits perfectly in my carry kit. It's called a DEWC (Double Ended Waterproof Container). $5 each, or buy five and get one free. They're even the appropriate color (green).
Here's a picture of the DEWC in pieces, click on it to go to the survival-solutions web site for more info, and to order it if you so desire:

What you can't tell from the picture is that the tube is not completely hollow. It's blocked halfway.

To better judge the size, here's the DEWC in my kit (currently setup for Evo, not for T1).

Kit.png

Norlin

Classic Rocker
That's a beautiful kit, been looking for a belt pack for all my tv gear and still haven't found anything perfect for the job. It's either too big and indiscreet or too small. I was gonna go with a vatra cobra but it's an inch short.

What's the difference between your evo kit vs t1?

Norlin,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I find the T1 to be an excellent vape next to the solo. Of course they are both different in performance, but the T1 tastes great, like the solo, and depending on how heavy you load the bowl, you can get about as many hits from a load as you do from the solo. You are correct in the easier to put away feature, no glass stems to mess with, I also like that you can do a quick warm up take a couple of hits from the T1, and put it down in the time it would take the solo to heat up.

The grip tape is rough like sand paper, and I have pretty tender fingers, but I have not noticed any discomfort. It's not sharp like sandpaper, just seems to grip really good. I just barely place my thumb on it, and it grips. Takes some of the muscle work out of the equation when activating the switch, and my thumb doesn't get as tired holding it in the on position.

Thanks jambandphan03 for your reply.. I just ordered the grip tape from the link you provided..

Kuroth1,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter

I own an m102, and find the taste to be "stale" and even kind of "musty" by comparison to my TV. I attribute this to the fact that the Solo is moreso working on the basis of conduction. TV being the only true portable convection vaporizer really does put it in a class of its own in terms of taste, IMHO. Maybe it has to do with my ceramic bowl? I am not sure, but have found this to be consistently true across several different strain samples tested. I think I am just really not a fan of conduction, as I have the same gripes about the iolite. My favorite vapes utilize either convection, or phyto-convective delivery (ie the aromed). Can't wait to see what the future holds! How about frickin' laser convection?!? Or high aural frequency spontaneous convection?? :brow:

:borg:

PhreedomPhries,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I would guess the musty flavor would be from the ceramic, my SS bowl tastes as clean as I keep it, which is usually pretty clean. It has the faint honey/stem oil smell, that I love so much.

I do agree though the T1 is on top for good flavor, and you know when your bowl is getting done, you can taste the subtle changes as it browns, same with the Evo... both have excellent flavor IMO.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

OF

I do agree though the T1 is on top for good flavor, and you know when your bowl is getting done, you can taste the subtle changes as it browns, same with the Evo... both have excellent flavor IMO.

An excellent point, and it's so easy to do and ISO wash and boil to make it all 'brand new' again. Great when you change strains or have something new. For whatever reason I find this aspect better with T1, that is I'll go there first if I want to savor the herb.

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I would guess the musty flavor would be from the ceramic, my SS bowl tastes as clean as I keep it, which is usually pretty clean. It has the faint honey/stem oil smell, that I love so much.

Hmm. Well maybe I will just have to have Arizer swap it out for a SS. I thought the ceramics were kind of sought after, but now have noticed a small amount of chipping around the rim of mine. Arizer is swapping the m102's out for new ones for free, right?

PhreedomPhries,
Top Bottom