Discontinued ThermoVape

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I find I want to change batteries between loads on the Evo now too, to get peak performance with each new load. With the T1 it's also not that big of a deal to swap out the batteries while reloading the bowl...just one more step really, it just means you do have to have extra batteries around and charge often. I don't find it that big of a hassle, you can get a 10pk of 3.0lifepo4's on amazon for around $30. Keep plenty charged up and you don't have to worry about it as much, or just figure out how many loads you run through a day, and keep that many extra batteries ready to go. It's really pretty simple once you get into the swing. I guess it's all perspective. One day we will have the perfect long lasting portable vape, this is one of the finer choices on the market right now, and there are not that many others that really work to choose from ATM.

Are these the correct 10pk??? Want to make sure I save the correct ones in my Wish List..

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR12...UTF8&colid=3LT1157Y4VI20&coliid=IOSJW263M2P58

Kuroth1,

OF

Are these the correct 10pk??? What to make sure I save the correct ones in my Wish List..

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-RCR12...UTF8&colid=3LT1157Y4VI20&coliid=IOSJW263M2P58

Yes, those are the ones. Stay away from the very similar 900 mAh versions (different color?) they are not up to the high current demands. The above really are 'state of the art' for this kind of use. Also watch out for 3.7 Volt batteries in the same package (sometimes IMR, sometimes protected) they can seriously over drive the elements.

I won't post the link to the 'wrong' ones for the obvious reason, but if you get those above (or smaller sets of the same) you should be in great shape for a while to come. Nothing like having a few charged batteries in your pocket to keep the battery problems at bay......

Best wishes,

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Are these the correct 10pk??? Want to make sure I save the correct ones in my Wish List..

Yes, that's right, as OF stated, the 900mah ones you DON'T want have blue, where the green is on the good ones...green=good :) for the tenergy brand anyway.

AW makes a 3.0 lifepo4 that is solid blue so far that I've seen. It is supposed to be good too, just a bit more expensive. I have not tried them yet.

jambandphan03,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Ok So the T1 still sounds good to me.. Sounds like you just have to manage your batteries correctly.. Anyone get a second charger? Would think being able to charge 4 at a time would help as well..

And it sounds like TV is working on something??? A New battery for the T1 or something is that correct?

Thanks all...

Kuroth1,

PB88123

Vaporist
Ok So the T1 still sounds good to me.. Sounds like you just have to manage your batteries correctly.. Anyone get a second charger? Would think being able to charge 4 at a time would help as well..

And it sounds like TV is working on something??? A New battery for the T1 or something is that correct?

Thanks all...

This is what I got 5 months ago and still working great.

http://www.amazon.com/Kits-RCR123A-...9G/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1339270346&sr=8-24

TV is working on the next version of their products which includes testing other batteries to see how they perform. When they are ready to be shipped they will be announced.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Just pulled the trigger... Thanks everyone for your input and I am excited to be a part of the TV group now..

1x Tenergy Charging & Spare Battery Kit for $24.97 each
2x Power-Pax CR123 Battery Holster - Black for $4.95 each
1x Smooth-Flow Moisture Conditioner - Black for $29.97 each
1x ThermoVape T1 Kit - Black for $199.99 each

Discounts : $-26.48 USD
Subtotal : $238.35 USD
Shipping : $12.16 USD
Total : $250.51 USD

@Tim

Is there anyway you guys can sell us the batteries at the wholesale price you pay? At this point the price for one set on your website is over $4 more than if we buy them on amazon. I'm sure you guys buy in mass quantities so you probably get them at a very discounted rate. I see no reason why you guys can't take no profit on the batteries and get them to us at the cheapest possible price.

Futuretvowner,

RagingWinds

I'm looking at the EVO 6V.... Does it produce the same amount of vapor as the T1 would? (with big clouds?) I like the size of the EVO in comparison to the T1, but do they perform the same? Didn't have time to read this whole thread so sorry if this has already been answered.

Also, can anyone tell me (TV preferably) how the pure-flow and the smooth-flow differ? I can't really decide which one to get. The pure vapor sounds nice on the pure-flow, but what is the filter being used? Is the moisture conditioner all i really need to get a nice cool hit? If anyone has tried both of these and likes one better, please elaborate.. Thanks.

@ PB88123 - What is TV working on right now? Should i just wait a bit to see what they release? Any idea how much longer?

RagingWinds,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
@Tim

Is there anyway you guys can sell us the batteries at the wholesale price you pay? At this point the price for one set on your website is over $4 more than if we buy them on amazon. I'm sure you guys buy in mass quantities so you probably get them at a very discounted rate. I see no reason why you guys can't take no profit on the batteries and get them to us at the cheapest possible price.

Good idea.. At least until TV finds a solution maybe??? TV knows who all has a T1(At lease from them) so they could offer this to T1 owners....

Kuroth1,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I'm looking at the EVO 6V.... Does it produce the same amount of vapor as the T1 would? (with big clouds?) I like the size of the EVO in comparison to the T1, but do they perform the same? Didn't have time to read this whole thread so sorry if this has already been answered.

Also, can anyone tell me (TV preferably) how the pure-flow and the smooth-flow differ? I can't really decide which one to get. The pure vapor sounds nice on the pure-flow, but what is the filter being used? Is the moisture conditioner all i really need to get a nice cool hit? If anyone has tried both of these and likes one better, please elaborate.. Thanks.

@ PB88123 - What is TV working on right now? Should i just wait a bit to see what they release? Any idea how much longer?

I had the same questions as you.. After much reading and much thought, I went with the T1.. T1 actually a little smaller the the Evo... And I got the Smooth flow based on what others said over in the TV EVO Thread..

Kuroth1,

PB88123

Vaporist

The EVO 6v works at 20 watts compared to the T1 at 30 watts. I'll let someone who uses both to describe the amount of vapor between them but I would guess the technique used can make it seem like you are getting good hits from both devices.

The pure-flow is more restricted and on the T1 and EVO devices it won't give people the kind of hit they want. The smooth-flow has no restriction so you can get the same kind of hit as if you are not using it. When I use the smooth-flow it isn't a cool hit as the vapor temperature over powers the filter (towards the end of hits I feel the vapor more than the beginning) but it moisturizes the vapor so it doesn't ruin my throat and make my voice sound scratchy. Using the smooth flow isn't like taking a hit from a glass piece where you barely feel anything but it helps my voice sound normal so I use it.

Companies are always looking to make devices better and it'll happen as better technology comes out that this company can take advantage of. There is no timetable that we know of (things can change everyday). I'm sure they are looking at different batteries and then test how they perform in their device and then tweak things till they get it perfect. That takes months. We know everything is interchangeable so buy now, enjoy now, upgrade later.

PB88123,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
pureflow has a solid ceramic core, and restricts the air flow, and does not work well for the T1 or the Evo. The smoothflow has a hollow center, and allows good air flow. That is what you want when using the botanical vaporizers. I tend to get larger hits, quicker on the T1, than on the Evo, but the Evo works well, just takes a few more seconds to heat up... each has their strong points. It's hard to decide for other people which works best for them.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

RagingWinds

Ok i think i'll go with the smooth flow. Just wondering though, can you keep the insulating sleeve on the heating core with the smooth flow attached? Or do you have to have to take it off?

What do you guys find yourselves using more for flowers? The EVO or the T1?

RagingWinds,

darkrom

Great Scott!
@Tim

Is this a serious request? They would probably like to recoup the endless costs spent improving their products. You know R and D to bring us stuff like new batteries and addons.

darkrom,
Is this a serious request? They would probably like to recoup the endless costs spent improving their products. You know R and D to bring us stuff like new batteries and addons.
Well considering no one is going to pay 4 extra dollars per set to buy them from their website it really wouldn't be that ridiculous for them to offer the batteries to us at wholesale price+ shipping. Do you really think that they make the majority of profits off of their battery sales?

The batteries aren't proprietary to Thermovape. They are buying them at wholesale from another company and charging a pretty large amount to distribute them. According to http://www.all-battery.com/rcr123a30v750mahlifepo4rechargeablebattery.aspx If you buy in quantities of 100 or more you pay $2.63 per set. We have to assume that Thermovape is buying in much larger quantities than this and thus getting an even bigger discount. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they were paying around $2 per battery or $4 per set. They are currently charging $9.47 per set on there website Thus they are making over 137% profit on the batteries for just distributing. There is no reason they can't offer them to us at the wholesale price. I doubt making a large profit from Batteries is a vital part of their business model.

Futuretvowner,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I have searched for these batteries and find that TV's pricing is very competitive. However, once the shipping is added it makes you want to buy more to make it worth it. It would be nice to see a special price for T1 users as could be in the form of a special battery discount code. But let's face it they do have to make money or they would not be around. I just wish the shipping to Canada was a bit cheaper.
Tried the Amazon route and ended up paying $36 for 4 batteries. They were $14 IIRC but with Shipping + Duty and brokerage fees it ended costing 9 buck a battery. And Amazon charges the fee up front. At least with TV orders I have never been pinched by the border cops. (Yet??)
Can not find a Canadian supplier neither. Even batteries from China are pricey and risky for quality.
All in all they have us by the balls and could squeeze tighter I'm sure. I would not mind the $20 for 4 price but double it for shipping. That's the problem.
:2c:
Pipes

Pipes,
I have searched for these batteries and find that TV's pricing is very competitive. However, once the shipping is added it makes you want to buy more to make it worth it. It would be nice to see a special price for T1 users as could be in the form of a special battery discount code. But let's face it they do have to make money or they would not be around. I just wish the shipping to Canada was a bit cheaper.
Tried the Amazon route and ended up paying $36 for 4 batteries. They were $14 IIRC but with Shipping + Duty and brokerage fees it ended costing 9 buck a battery. And Amazon charges the fee up front. At least with TV orders I have never been pinched by the border cops. (Yet??)
Can not find a Canadian supplier neither. Even batteries from China are pricey and risky for quality.
All in all they have us by the balls and could squeeze tighter I'm sure. I would not mind the $20 for 4 price but double it for shipping. That's the problem.
:2c:
Pipes
You can get 5 sets shipped from amazon for under 30$ with shipping. 5 sets shipped from thermovape is around $60 with shipping. In america of course, don't know about canada

Futuretvowner,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
The batteries aren't proprietary to Thermovape. They are buying them at wholesale from another company and charging a pretty large amount to distribute them. According to http://www.all-battery.com/rcr123a30v750mahlifepo4rechargeablebattery.aspx If you buy in quantities of 100 or more you pay $2.63 per set. We have to assume that Thermovape is buying in much larger quantities than this and thus getting an even bigger discount. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they were paying around $2 per battery or $4 per set. They are currently charging $9.47 per set on there website Thus they are making over 137% profit on the batteries for just distributing. There is no reason they can't offer them to us at the wholesale price. I doubt making a large profit from Batteries is a vital part of their business model.

I think they offer the batteries as a convenience to their customers who might want to pick up a couple while getting something else (and of course they have them for the kits they sell).

They operate out of a limited space which is currently very well utilized and I expect they'd rather use their space and time producing the gear that the batteries power. Knowing full well that the batteries are available in several other places for less. They'll even tell you where if you ask nicely. :)

Sinclue,
Reactions: zmurder
I think they offer the batteries as a convenience to their customers who might want to pick up a couple while getting something else (and of course they have them for the kits they sell).

They operate out of a limited space which is currently very well utilized and I expect they'd rather use their space and time producing the gear that the batteries power. Knowing full well that the batteries are available in several other places for less. They'll even tell you where if you ask nicely. :)
You have to think though most people who are purchasing the TV who don't read this forum, or even some who do probably don't know that they can get the batteries on another site for half of the price. Not really that big of a convenience to customers when they are charging double the price you can pay on a site like amazon. Even if they are doing it as a convenience you still have to admit the pricing they currently have for the batteries is a tad ridiculous.

Futuretvowner,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:D

huh? invisible txt...:D

Well, I don't see what the big deal is, most sites I have seen that offer batteries to go with their products charge just a little more than if you go digging on line and find a good bulk deal. Check most of the e cig sites that offer batteries as an example. It just seems like nit picking to me, If you have the ability to online bargain hunt, more power to you, but to get onto TV for charging what they do for their products seems rather pointless to me. It's just the nature of business.

jambandphan03,

PB88123

Vaporist
Ok i think i'll go with the smooth flow. Just wondering though, can you keep the insulating sleeve on the heating core with the smooth flow attached? Or do you have to have to take it off?

What do you guys find yourselves using more for flowers? The EVO or the T1?

Yes you keep the insulating sleeve on, the smooth flow just attaches like any other mouth piece TV sells.

Both devices primarily use flowers. With the T1 you can put some kief on top and the EVO you can put some bubble hash in the middle.

PB88123,
:D

huh? invisible txt...:D

Well, I don't see what the big deal is, most sites I have seen that offer batteries to go with their products charge just a little more than if you go digging on line and find a good bulk deal. Check most of the e cig sites that offer batteries as an example. It just seems like nit picking to me, If you have the ability to online bargain hunt, more power to you, but to get onto TV for charging what they do for their products seems rather pointless to me. It's just the nature of business.
Well I know there have been a decent amount of posters who have had some problems with their batteries and it's not like TV would lose money by selling them to us at the wholesale price they pay. It would just be more along the lines of helping their customers replace batteries at a cheaper cost. It's not like they make them or anything. They are just the middleman. I'd rather just have Tim's input on this because at this point anything anyone says regarding reasons why they won't do this is just pure speculation.

Futuretvowner,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
You can get 5 sets shipped from amazon for under 30$ with shipping. 5 sets shipped from thermovape is around $60 with shipping. In america of course, don't know about canada
It always ends the same way. :bang:

Batteries.jpg

If they would only ship via ground w/o tracking. And you know, if I ordered I would possibly have to pay duty on top of that. Additional 15% on the whole price. Pushes it over a $100 for 3 sets.

Might be worth while, for me at least, to request a non-insured no tracking shipment. I'm dreaming again??

I am close to needing a few too. Maybe a good sale is in order....:\

Pipes

Pipes,
Top Bottom