Discontinued ThermoVape

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
What's that red cap you have on the tip?
It's a protective cap for a ST fiber optic barrel. (Aren't you glad you asked). The fiber optic barrel is used to connect two ST fiber optic cables. Dust is the enemy of fiber optic connections, so even though the barrel is really only a shaped piece of metal, you don't want to get any dust in there when you're not using it. Not sure where to order them; I just took one from work. It fits nicely into the top of the Evo core, keeping it sealed tight so no aroma escapes when it's pre-loaded, and so no dust gets in when it's empty. More importantly, it looks really cool. The delrin sleeve around the Evo core is modified with the whole top and UFO removed. It's now there to just keep me from burning my fingers on the bare Evo core when I'm stoned medicated. It's not in the air path. I pull off the red cap and replace it with one of the tips on the left side of the case when I use the Evo. There's a TFE shorty with a UFO in it, an extended length delrin mouthpiece, and a Smooth-Flow in the kit. I mostly just use the extended length delrin mouthpiece directly into the top of the Evo core. I really only use the Smooth-Flow with the T1 top these days.
ditto... also where did you get that case? I like it.
QuantumTimeSpace first turned me on to the Maxpedition cases. The one I have is the "fatty". Looks like it's out of stock at the manufacturers web site (which is what I linked so you could check out their whole line), but it's cheaper from Amazon, which is where I got mine, and they may not be out of stock.
What's the difference between your evo kit vs t1?
Just the pieces I carry in the kit. Instead of the Evo top, I screw on the T1 top. I can actually fit them both in the kit at the same time, but then I have to remove either the little dropper bottle of water on the left or the little ISO bottle on the right to make room.

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Hmm. Well maybe I will just have to have Arizer swap it out for a SS. I thought the ceramics were kind of sought after, but now have noticed a small amount of chipping around the rim of mine. Arizer is swapping the m102's out for new ones for free, right?

I dont think for free...

Kuroth1,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Depends on how old I would think.. I thought the M102's were like 2 or 3 years old? They are up to M107's (The one I got)
Ya, I know they have new ones, which is why I expect they will replace this, since it was recently purchased and is experiencing the widespread issue with chipping of the ceramic. I expected it would be fine, since I fully intended to treat it gently going into the purchase. I am surprised how easily it ended up chipping. Very fragile.

PhreedomPhries,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
jambandphan03 or any other Solo and T1 owners.. How big is the bowl size on the T1 compared to the Solo.. In just looking at Pic and videos of the T1 they look like they might be about the same size..

And how long is a stock T1? 5 in? 6 in? Looking for a good case to keep my T1 in..

Thanks!

Kuroth1,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
jambandphan03 or any other Solo and T1 owners.. How big is the bowl size on the T1 compared to the Solo.. In just looking at Pic and videos of the T1 they look like they might be about the same size..

And how long is a stock T1? 5 in? 6 in? Looking for a good case to keep my T1 in..

Thanks!
The chambers do hold approx. the same amount between the two devices. The T1 is just under 5 3/4" with the standard mouthpiece attached.

PhreedomPhries,

Thanks!

In my experience the t1 holds approximately .05 more herbs than the solo.

VaporBoxed,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Okay so recently i have noticed a large number of users asking which portable vape is better out of the TV and the Solo. I figured i would put together a quick comparison review of both. Hopefully it helps someone who is looking to buy a new portable.

Great Video.. Thanks...

Sounds like overall you like the T1 just a little bit better..

Having never owned an convection, is that where the difference in the cloud volume comes into play? Do convection produce less cloud?

And does the size of the cloud really matter??? I mean does more cloud mean your getting more of a hit for example? More cloud = better??? I assume not..

Kuroth1,
Great Video.. Thanks...

Sounds like overall you like the T1 just a little bit better..

Having never owned an convection, is that where the difference in the cloud volume comes into play? Do convection produce less cloud?

And does the size of the cloud really matter??? I mean does more cloud mean your getting more of a hit for example? More cloud = better??? I assume not..

I do like the t1 alot but i also like my Solo alot. I actually have been using the solo alot more often these last few days for some reason. Convection is hot air passing over herb so it tastes better and imo extracts better. Conduction is a hot surface that touches the herb. IDK im not good at explaining but i do know that convection is used in more expensive vapes. The cloud discussion is one that is really difficult. I cant give you a clear answer but I do get equally medicated with the solo as i do with the thermovape.

VaporBoxed,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Okay so recently i have noticed a large number of users asking which portable vape is better out of the TV and the Solo. I figured i would put together a quick comparison review of both. Hopefully it helps someone who is looking to buy a new portable.

Great Video!

Cheers,

Tim

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I put too much of a premium on vapor quality to really get much enjoyment out of my m102 Solo. Looks like it's not just the ceramic model that has the lesser flavor. Convection is where it's at. Until there is another convection portable on the market, I really don't think there is any contest at all, if impeccable flavor and vapor quality are high on your list. The T1 does the trick.

OF

Convection is where it's at. Until there is another convection portable on the market, I really don't think there is any contest at all, if impeccable flavor and vapor quality are high on your list. The T1 does the trick.

I agree, convection has advantages. Not to forget that Evolution is also an excellent convection vape, all be it from the same maker. IMO taste is nearly as good, in exchange you get away from stirring.

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Fathers day is now less than a week away and if your still looking for a gift for your father you might want to take a look at our latest products. We are offering 25% off to help assist your gift giving.
That's right, ANOTHER 25% off discount!!!

Sale ends on Monday, June 18th

Code: ILOVEDAD

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
Fathers day is now less than a week away and if your still looking for a gift for your father you might want to take a look at our latest products. We are offering 25% off to help assist your gift giving.
That's right, ANOTHER 25% off discount!!!

Sale ends on Monday, June 18th

Code: ILOVEDAD

Oh Man... I missed this by 1 day... I even emailed you guys asking if any sales were coming up.. I used the FC 10% code but Anyway you would have mercy on me and take off another 15% since I did ask and would have waited one more day if I had known.. :shrug:

Kuroth1,
Oh Man... I missed this by 1 day... I even emailed you guys asking if any sales were coming up.. I used the FC 10% code but Anyway you would have mercy on me and take off another 15% since I did ask and would have waited one more day if I had known.. :shrug:
I'm sure they'll give it to you! They are amazing customer service wise.

Futuretvowner,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I'm sure they'll give it to you! They are amazing customer service wise.

They just did. And Yes I am quickly finding out they are amazing customer support..

That is one thing I really liked about the MFLB was the incredible Customer service.. And TV seems just as good if not better.. You dont find that very often these days.. I dont get why more companies are not like that.. You take care of your customers and everything else will fall in place..

THANK you TV.. I will be buying more TV products in the near future..

Kuroth1,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
They just did. And Yes I am quickly finding out they are amazing customer support..

That is one thing I really liked about the MFLB was the incredible Customer service.. And TV seems just as good if not better.. You dont find that very often these days.. I dont get why more companies are not like that.. You take care of your customers and everything else will fall in place..

THANK you TV.. I will be buying more TV products in the near future..

I feel the same. MF and TV are both absolutely top notch companies with outstanding customer service. If only every company was this way...

Peloton,
I feel the same. MF and TV are both absolutely top notch companies with outstanding customer service. If only every company was this way...
Yeah trying to get a hold of apple support via Telephone is like trying to get through a mirror maze with no end.

Futuretvowner,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Yeah trying to get a hold of apple support via Telephone is like trying to get through a mirror maze with no end.

Speaking of apple. I remember back in the day when they used to have top notch customer service. I used to work in a head shop. I had my three day old laptop on the counter. I ended up knocking a huge 3 foot water pipe onto it. It messed up the Ethernet port and dented the nice case. (The pipe did not break... I was amazed. I took it back and explained what happened. The replaced it on the spot. Now when I go in it takes 30 minutes to get and employee to walk up and ask what I am there for. I try and avoid the apple store at all costs. There is a great store around here called The Mac Store. I go there now. It reminds me of the old apple stores.... actually they employ allot of old apple store employees that had enough of the apple BS.

Slightly Medicated,
Speaking of apple. I remember back in the day when they used to have top notch customer service. I used to work in a head shop. I had my three day old laptop on the counter. I ended up knocking a huge 3 foot water pipe onto it. It messed up the Ethernet port and dented the nice case. (The pipe did not break... I was amazed. I took it back and explained what happened. The replaced it on the spot. Now when I go in it takes 30 minutes to get and employee to walk up and ask what I am there for. I try and avoid the apple store at all costs. There is a great store around here called The Mac Store. I go there now. It reminds me of the old apple stores.... actually they employ allot of old apple store employees that had enough of the apple BS.

Only 30 minutes? I waited in there for over an hour and a half to get a pair of headphones replaced

Futuretvowner,

2clicker

Observer
Yeah, it's the size of a board, maybe slightly larger, but what sold me on it was this: " Bubbleproof application. Exclusive grit-binding process for grip that will not wear out. Tear-resistant "plastic plywood" backing that trims evenly every time. Super sticky adhesive that will not peel up in extreme heat or cold."

and the price tag was $6 w/ free shipping. here is the link again:http://www.zumiez.com/mob-grip-tape.html?gclid={SI:gclid}

I also used a tiny strip of it on the switch my ultralite, and it works really well. I know it's not the perfect solution but it's affordable, and you get a lot of it.

i love the griptape idea. i grew up skating all through the 90s... i cant believe i didnt think about this. i can tell you that the perfect griptape for this application would either be Shortys Black Magic or that Jessup stuff. both are a fine grit, very sticky, and thin griptape. it would probably conform to the ridges of the TV switch nicely.

my adhesive backed rubber pad is still performing great.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
yeah, I didn't consider grit size when I was buying this grip tape, it was such a low price, I just went for it. It doesn't seem to be bothering me to use it. I do have pretty delicate fingers.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom