Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

Soulhunter said:
Wow work on a sunday :) Respect!

OF : Throw some non melting stuff in there :D I realy would like to know how it performes with that kind of consentrate ;) Some 100 micron bubble or something :p

If you go back a few posts you'll find I did just that........

weedemon said:
thanks for hte tip on not using kief! I think im definately going to keep all concentrates that are of the more solid/less pure form out of my rev! I have more bho than anything else though so it's all good!

IM glad to hear it's still performing like a beast for you! even after reading your post about how the element is not lighting up as it used to.

Did TV have anything to say about the ceramic element not lighting up the same? is there anything to be worried about there?

Yup, they sure did. There's two of 'em you know. Nick and Noah. Both great guys, really dedicated to the project, but they look alike to me.... Anyway one or the other confirmed to me by email this morning that the staining and lack of light is normal and not to worry about it.

pakalolo said:
I've done extensive video and photo editing. Photoshop is for still images, not video. Someone skilled with PS can makes wispy clouds more impressive without much difficulty.

Seeing someone waste a lot of vapour to "prove" how good a device is does not impress me at all, and in fact makes me think that person really doesn't get it.

You're absolutely right, of course, Photoshop (the program) is for stills. I however was using it as a verb (note the lower case), as in 'to modify an image to be something else'. I forget what you call it (using a proper noun for an adjective or verb, like 'crescent wrench').

As a medical user I'm right there with you. Showy clouds are a waste and not where I'm at.

MarcellusWiley said:
I'll be more interested to hear about the bubble hash type stuff too.

I have like 4gs of kief saved up from my grinder i've been meaning to do something with. was hoping I could try it out in the revolution without extracting but tbh I was thinking it prolly has too much plant material in it still. wishful thinking :D

I'm not so sure the plant material is fatal to this guy like it was to the Omicron cart. My Revolution might be none the worse for the experience (that is it may clean up well). Absent a reason to not do it (the maker doesn't see to see a problem) I intend to get back to it. To me there's a LOT of value in using kief and bubble hashes. Not to mention the 'nasty ISO oils' that are potent, cheap but don't work in the Omicron. Time will tell, but don't give up hope.

BossBrew said:
OF said:
100 to 150 big time tokes per gram seems a safe claim to me.
100-150 hits with each hit being 10 or 15 times larger than a typical Omicron hit? Just trying to get a grasp of how much vapor this thing produces!

What are you opinions about the taste using the Revolution?

No, no, no! Check your fire, check your fire. Ten or 15 heavy hits off a tenth of a gram of wax (and still going). Make that 13 to 18, I just took 3 more (same battery set BTW). I'd expect ten times more hits from ten times more oil, now saying 130 to 180 hits per gram is a conservative estimate.

The taste is great, subject to what you put in of course. The bubble hash I tried isn't the sweetest but boiling it out seems to have cleared most if not all as the Sour Diesel CO2 wax I'm running now tastes just like it should. No problems there.

OF

OF,

OF

ThermoVape said:
OF said:
I am, but vapor production is dropping off. It's getting hot in what seems like the normal way and all but it's gummed up with the part that doesn't melt out. At least that's what it seems like. The glow is barely visible in one area (off center). Most of this came out easily on a toothpick when warm (got hard when cool).

OF you are on top of it. The issue with solid concentrates is they have a lot of plant matter. Percentages may vary but plant matter to component ratios can be pretty high, flirting with 50%. That plant material does not reach combustion temperature, so the plant material is trapped in the Revolution. These types of solid, hard concentrates should be loaded for just a few inhalations, then tapped out, fished out with a toothpick or similar. The Revolution has a much larger capacity for higher grade concentrates, as there is virtually no plant matter it runs much cleaner.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. Not to put too much into it, remember the broken clock?

Anyway, care to give a guideline for what that there "just a few inhalations" load might be? Given a worse case of low grade (say 30% range) bubble hash how many miligrams we talking? It might be nice to have a low end starting point.

TIA

OF

OF,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations ThermoVape,

ThermoVape said:
Egzoset said:
No, i meant a 12 Volts drop-in replacement module taking place of the whole battery-holder section, to avoid any battery-related delay whenever possible.

Later this year. We are working on it.

The idea seemed to make sense, especially is someone has many types of vehicules in mind (car vs caravan vs boat), etc. The voltage difference may be a source of concern though, unless multiple heater modules are available.

There's a question i asked which was burried in a lot of my own text, please allow me to repeat it here:

Egzoset said:

Just to make the matter clear...

:peace:

Egzoset,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Egzoset said:
Salutations ThermoVape,

ThermoVape said:
Egzoset said:
No, i meant a 12 Volts drop-in replacement module taking place of the whole battery-holder section, to avoid any battery-related delay whenever possible.

The idea seemed to make sense, especially is someone has many types of vehicules in mind (car vs caravan vs boat), etc. The voltage difference may be a source of concern though, unless multiple heater modules are available.

There's a question i asked which was burried in a lot of my own text, please allow me to repeat it here:

Egzoset said:
usually most vehicles are all 12v. And this device runs on 6v so all youll need to do is step it down to 6v

Xchadb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
here is a voltage question. I am looking at my battery collection, and what I have that will stack safely are the AW ICR 123 3.7v 700ma batteries. I noticed that your model works with the RCR123a 3.0 batteries. Will it hurt the heating coil to run any hotter than 6v flat? If I use the 3.7s in my personal 6v device I have it will run a bit higher than 6v and I don't want to accidentally burn out or put stress on the heat coil by putting too much voltage through my concentrates vaper part. I am thinking I will probably just need to buy some new batteries, but I was hoping to be able to use what I already own. Any advice?

*** OK, I guess I just answered my own question here, and found some of the Thenergy RCR123a's (6) w/charger for a sweet price on amazon, so that will not be an issue, I will just save the 3.7v for my smaller mods. I hate to be so frugal, but I have spent so much money in my persuit to have a good vape... as I am sure many of you can relate.

jambandphan03,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Egzoset said:
Salutations ThermoVape,

ThermoVape said:
Egzoset said:

Egzoset said:

Great question! We strive to be as transparent as possible but the actual wire we use is one detail that we keep in-house. It's not Nichrome.

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So, im finding that these batteries are not getting me where I need to be. Is there a PA in the works? Has anyone noticed discoloration from heat on the battery chamber?

mvapes,

pecosthecat

another interesting accessory would be a large size/capacity battery compartment. Perhaps one that could hold 6 or 8 batteries instead of only 2, or maybe a different kind of high capacity battery.

pecosthecat,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
How will the Revolution handle a small chunk of pressed grinder kief? What about ABV QWISO?

Peloton,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Peloton said:
How will the Revolution handle a small chunk of pressed grinder kief? What about ABV QWISO?

According to the cleaning videos and what TV has said, very well.

As long as you grind up or loosen the solids so they can get vaped easier.

MarcellusWiley,

OF

OF said:
Ten or 15 heavy hits off a tenth of a gram of wax (and still going). Make that 13 to 18, I just took 3 more (same battery set BTW). I'd expect ten times more hits from ten times more oil, now saying 130 to 180 hits per gram is a conservative estimate.

OK, the madness is over. I got two more heavy hits in the last attempt before it gave out. So I figure 15 or 20 heavy hits total, more important perhaps seven complete sessions. From .1 gram. 150 to 200 to the gram. Normally it'd take me two days or a bit more to use that much, but this was a flat out consumption test, I was definitely 'overmedicated'.

After things calm back down some, it's back to the bubble hash testing. With renewed interest and confidence no less.

BTW, one set of batteries for those seven sessions, still running strong. At this point I don't see battery life a serious problem. I'm about to recharge them, I'm going to try to keep an idea on recharge time.

OF

Edit: The batteries recharged in between 35 (both red) and 40 minutes (both green again). It seems like about two hours from dead, so I'd say I used maybe a third the charge for that .1 gram in seven sessions. I'm confident that's plenty for all but the most severe medical needs for a day or two at least. A dozen or more heavy sessions. Not as many hits as the routine ones from Omicron, but delivering as much THC in those fewer uses?

OF,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
MarcellusWiley said:
Peloton said:

According to the cleaning videos and what TV has said, very well.

As long as you grind up or loosen the solids so they can get vaped easier.

I saw in a previous post by OF saying that loose keif doesn't work well, but smaller pieces of pollen pressed keif would work better you think?

And I would assume that the ceramic would absorb a bit of abv qwiso good enough, but I don't know if it would be more prone to causing a blockage.

I'm really interested in how it would handle these because I'm in a non-med state, and I'm always trying to be resourceful with my leftovers and byproducts. My T1 is working awesome for flowers btw, I'm loving it more and more every time I use it.

Peloton,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm very interested, too. When my Revolution arrives, I've already planned my attack. First I'm going to try some Grand Daddy Purple full melt that I have been neglecting, then I'll try some Amber Glass as it's more "shattery". After that I'm going to try some iso reclaim for the hell of it and only then will I attempt the pressed kief hash.

Now if only the damn mailman would hurry up....

Stu,

OF

Peloton said:
I saw in a previous post by OF saying that loose keif doesn't work well, but smaller pieces of pollen pressed keif would work better you think?

And I would assume that the ceramic would absorb a bit of abv qwiso good enough, but I don't know if it would be more prone to causing a blockage.

I'm really interested in how it would handle these because I'm in a non-med state, and I'm always trying to be resourceful with my leftovers and byproducts. My T1 is working awesome for flowers btw, I'm loving it more and more every time I use it.

I only tried kief (I think the correct spelling? I before E and all that....) the one time, but it was a mess. Pressing would IMO be a step in the right direction. However, I think the issue is it doesn't really melt down. It sits on the hot surface and cooks some right there but it also insulates the material above. In the case of kief, it was still powder directly above the gummy part. Bubble hash was much the same the two times I tried, a goo mass that needed to be stirred between hits if you want thick ones each time. I don't think it gets absorbed (pull it out and the next hit is real lame), but rather boils off as soon as released from the plant material. In past attempts I've loaded a lot for a single dose, .1 grams or so. I think too much, next time I intend to cut that way back and see what happens.

I think it functions in different modes with high end oils and waxes that get absorbed in, and kief and bubble hash that doesn't. Both work, but differently.

I would think ISO and other low grade oils would work better than raw kief, but haven't tried.

I also agree with you completely on the TV, it takes some adjustment to how it does it's job. I think guys make a mistake to some extent with expectations. For sure the guys that give up early (or get scared off for whatever reason) have lost out on a worthwhile option in a lot of cases to their loss.

Stu said:
I'm very interested, too. When my Revolution arrives, I've already planned my attack. First I'm going to try some Grand Daddy Purple full melt that I have been neglecting, then I'll try some Amber Glass as it's more "shattery". After that I'm going to try some iso reclaim for the hell of it and only then will I attempt the pressed kief hash.

Now if only the damn mailman would hurry up....

Great plan. Don't be too surprised if you get sidetracked into looking for more of that GDP and AG before you break down to the lower grades. And not without good reason. It is at many levels intoxicating.

For sure we are blessed with such options. Scares me to think what it would be like if we all had to make our own whiskey for instance. Let the experts do it for us. Legal issues aside, few of us are able to safely process this stuff and IMO it's clearly the superior way to medical delivery over the other options for a great many of the cases. For those forced to the more troublesome concentrates, I think there are still very useful results to be had for may folks.

I've no useful advice on the postman issue, everything I've tried has failed.

OF

OF,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
OF said:
I also agree with you completely on the TV, it takes some adjustment to how it does it's job. I think guys make a mistake to some extent with expectations. For sure the guys that give up early (or get scared off for whatever reason) have lost out on a worthwhile option in a lot of cases to their loss.

OF

Yeah, I agree. Once I got the draw technique down that works for me I am now getting 8-10 pulls out of a full bowl and getting it browned to my liking. Gonna be picking up another charger and battery set, to tide me over until the power adaptor comes, heh. I'm pretty damn satisfied with this T1 so far. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Peloton,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't have much experience with ISO, and do have a good build up of the kief from my grinder. I had hopes that the concentrate attachment would work with solids a little better than early reports are showing. I won't get discouraged yet, as I am patient enough to make my own opinion after mine arrives and i can test it out. I am thankful to OF for getting ahead on how this works and what it works well with. I would be willing to try turning some of my kief into oil via ISO, but I get mixed opinions about how good it really is. Can anyone give me good reasons not to make it that way? I hate to ruin good kief making ISO that is horrible to vape. BHO is a bit out of my territory right now. The only other extraction method I am working with is bubble, but mine seems to melt down, so that will probably work ok on that ceramic I am assuming. To keep this a bit more on topic, I ended up getting just the concentrate attachment to use on my own 6v device, so I can test the waters with out taking the full plunge. Thanks again to TV for fixing my order up for me, and being kind. Very pleased so far with the quality of this company.

jambandphan03,

OF

Peloton said:
Yeah, I agree. Once I got the draw technique down that works for me I am now getting 8-10 pulls out of a full bowl and getting it browned to my liking. Gonna be picking up another charger and battery set, to tide me over until the power adaptor comes, heh. I'm pretty damn satisfied with this T1 so far. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

That's about how I run mine. I change out the battery pack when I change bowls and have plenty of power to the end. Any more, and the unit would be bigger, and I sure don't want that.

Be careful about the battery/charger thing. There are at least two versions out, I think only the lower rated (750 mAh) version works here (not the 900s). The TV uses them way over spec to get the performance we crave, only the correct version of that specific battery works. Or so I understand.

As to what's next, I've got the inside track. I got my Revolution yesterday and got a tour of the place and a great chat with the Principals in the bargain. Exciting stuff for us Techie types. Everything is 'in house' (except plating). Guys are 'making parts' on the computers in the office in one corner, those parts are made on a pair of automated screw machines in the next corner. Long 'sticks' of rods go into the machines from automatic feeders and buckets full of parts come out the other as heaps of chips pile up inside. Several parts per minute for the simple ones to a little over a minute for the most complex. IIRC the guy was on a 'short run', only 15,000 pieces. That's a lot of vapes. Anyway, after plating and inspections they're assembled and tested in the third corner. Finished stock is in the center of the room ready for shipment while the stock racks for raw materials are in the fourth corner near the door. Maybe a dozen folks total? FWIW I don't think it gets better than that. I understand that the unit I got yesterday was 3 weeks from drawings in the Engineers mind to the finished product in my hand. That's quick turnaround and tight control. Cool.

jambandphan03 said:
I won't get discouraged yet, as I am patient enough to make my own opinion after mine arrives and i can test it out.

To keep this a bit more on topic, I ended up getting just the concentrate attachment to use on my own 6v device, so I can test the waters with out taking the full plunge.

I'm confident you'll get good results if you fiddle with it enough, I sure did. It ends up as kind of a 'one hitter' in that I'd have to open the window and stir it around with a toothpick like you would with a MFLB and shaking. Which is what leads me to think the Revolution might be in a different mode, but like the MFLB it sure does deliver. And being a seriously large heater, it can really deliver volumes under the right conditions.

Experimenting with the module should be fun, but keep in mind this guy needs a lot of steam. Over two Amps, more than most stuff. Be sure your six Volts doesn't 'sag under load'.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
really I just want a portable vape that works, and is as pure as possible so I am not inhaling things that taste like melting plastic or glue, or solder, or mystery chemical...etc. That is really what sold me on these guys after seeing what they are working with as well as the fact they took the time to show us piece by piece. I know we are all at the front of this thing, and if these guys have it together as much as you just mentioned OF, it won't be long before leaps of improvements can be figured out. The fact that they are not re-marketing more stuff from china that looks just like e cig stuff, is a big win IMO. I have worked with a ridiculous amount of e cig parts over the last couple of years, and tried just about everything to make them work for my vaping needs, with some good results, but there is always that plastic chemical taste no matter how bare bones I got the pieces, stripped down to the coil. This is the direction I want to see things moving into, esp for medicating.

jambandphan03,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
really I just want a portable vape that works, and is as pure as possible so I am not inhaling things that taste like melting plastic or glue, or solder, or mystery chemical...etc. That is really what sold me on these guys after seeing what they are working with as well as the fact they took the time to show us piece by piece.

I think this is probably the best 'first choice' for demanding medical needs. It's TV's goal to be as I see it. Everything is driven by that. My discussions with them the other day are in keeping with that understanding. The unit looks, feels and works 'like medical stuff'. Being able to soak the whole thing (less batteries of course) in alcohol or boiling water is a plus as well IMO.

Recreational users are not their intended customer base. They are, I think, living Henry Kaiser's advice "Find a need and fill it". They're not out saving the world by making Liberty and Victory ships faster than our wartime enemies can sink them of course, some think their work is really important?

Good luck with your hardware search, for today I think the TV folks are your best bet?

OF

OF,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hey TV Peeps.
I guess you finally have me convinced. ;) If I wanted to order (hopefully a kit) that would enable me to do flowers, concentrates, and e-liquids from one unit what do I need to order? It looks like you can order the basic kit and then add the two other units separately, but I would like to buy a kit that has everything I need for everything, all at once. Please advise...

:ninja: :peace:

Bluntcrush,

reverser

Question for TV regarding the heater core on the flower attachment:

I actually purchased 2 TVs (need a backup right?), and have recently been comparing the unused heater core to the core that gets daily use.

A non-scientific inspection reveals that while the unused core looks like a typical heater coil (visible coiling, well spaced), the core that sees daily use appears to have compressed on itself somewhat: one side has a reasonable amount of coil to it, while the other has apparently melted into more of a "heater ball."

I have occasionally seen this situation with heating elements in heaters, where the element sags and loses it's shape over time, eventually breaking continuity and the causing loss of functionality of the heater.

I have not done anything untoward to this device. No air blasts while hot, use while moist, etc. This thing has seen the highest level of borderline neurotic care (hence the reason I need 2 :D) possible.

Do I have something to be concerned about? Is this normal aging and was not found to be a problem in your use tests? Am I doing something wrong?

Please advise.

reverser,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Bluntcrush said:
Hey TV Peeps.
I guess you finally have me convinced. ;) If I wanted to order (hopefully a kit) that would enable me to do flowers, concentrates, and e-liquids from one unit what do I need to order? It looks like you can order the basic kit and then add the two other units separately, but I would like to buy a kit that has everything I need for everything, all at once. Please advise...

:ninja: :peace:
you need the T1 kit, the revolution kit with adapter and the high resistance atomizer without adapter and you should be set to go, i believe TV said he wouldnt be doing a kit with everything in it for a while (at least not with a price break) to avoid screwing the early adopters that have bought everything separate (me)

SF Giant,
Top Bottom