Discontinued ThermoVape

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
reverser said:
Question for TV regarding the heater core on the flower attachment:

I actually purchased 2 TVs (need a backup right?), and have recently been comparing the unused heater core to the core that gets daily use.

A non-scientific inspection reveals that while the unused core looks like a typical heater coil (visible coiling, well spaced), the core that sees daily use appears to have compressed on itself somewhat: one side has a reasonable amount of coil to it, while the other has apparently melted into more of a "heater ball."

I have occasionally seen this situation with heating elements in heaters, where the element sags and loses it's shape over time, eventually breaking continuity and the causing loss of functionality of the heater.

I have not done anything untoward to this device. No air blasts while hot, use while moist, etc. This thing has seen the highest level of borderline neurotic care (hence the reason I need 2 :D) possible.

Do I have something to be concerned about? Is this normal aging and was not found to be a problem in your use tests? Am I doing something wrong?

Please advise.

Should not be a problem, every coil is hand wound, they are tuned for resistance, so there are cosmetic variations secondary to the process of hand assembly. Literally "hand made" coils. If it is running well for you that is what we are concerned with. So as long as it is glowing and giving you the performance it should, you should not have any problems.

Of course, do not hesitate of you have any issues or concerns, we will take care of you.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
If this has been covered earlier I apologize. I am a few pages behind and catching up now. Has anyone tried BHO or QWISO with the Revolution yet? How well is it performing? I do not live in a medicinal state but do have access to high quality medicinal flowers. Would BHO made directly from high quality flowers work well with the Revolution, any thought?

Gonzo,

OF

ThermoVape said:
Definitely interested. Let's plan another visit for you. Maybe later in the day tips time, we just bought a little scotch for the office as well :). Let's touch base and see how this week looks for you. Give us a few days and we may just have another TherkoVape option for you to try out....

Let's plan on it.

With a dram or two of the blessed nectar of the Gods? You sure talk sweet when you need to.

Let's make it happen, I smell a win-win coming up.....and you know how I smell already.....

OF

OF,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
t-dub said:
My philosophical review of the Thermo-Essence Technologies, ThermoVape V1. The quest for the sweet spot, a study in logistics, the Swiss Army knife of portable vaping. Great thoughts are hitting this thread rapidly, so to delay this review would be pointless, especially with the Revolution coming my way. Also its impossible to keep up with OF, I mean he has met the principles and been to the facility, what else do you want?

My demographic/disclaimer: I think if anyone at FC got hit squarely in the nuts by ThermoEssence Techs demographic it was me. A medical user who has to travel/cross borders, heavily into science/safety/materials . . . yup they got me, not a tester, just a happy customer.
ThermoVape said:
Our testers are all medical users, they do not want to be filmed (some of these folks are quite ill) and we do not want to make them do anything they do not want to. It is thier feedback at has shaped the ThermoVape. It was our goal to give the medical user a simple, robust device. The consensus was that our test group wanted something that worked by convection, did not require a lot of buttons or switches, wouldn't break of they dropped it, and that they could take with them in their pocket, would work in the cold, work at elevation, work if they were wearing gloves, and that if something broke they could replace just the part they needed, not have to throw the whole thing in the garbage . . . The thermoVape is a device built for the medical user, and with the medical user in mind. ThermoVape
Which brings me to another point: I have decided I will not post any personal pics or vids here. I have Skyped live and sent private video and feel ok at this level, but its enough.

What the TV is: A personal, portable, medical device. USA made. Easy, convenient, safe, effective, virtually indestructible, easily user serviceable, my new Swiss Army knife of vaping.

What the TV is not: A party vape, a bong, a portable VXC or HA.

Mindless Philosophy:

Pursuit of the sweet spot or How the TV responds to me: I have found the TV reacts to its environment, there are many variables, flower moisture content, ambient air temperature, draw speed, warm up, grind consistency, density of the bowl load, etc. But once you find the spot, pursuing becomes an act of balancing warmup, draw speed, and device angle. Once vapor production begins I kinda lean back into the hit, eyes closed, and start playing the thing, cue Kenny G music here. The TV makes a nice little hiss when the airflow is right, and draw changes a little with device temperature. If something gets too warm, its a clue, back off and see whats going on. The point is that through self awareness and the use of some simple ideas (technique), when applied properly will yield the user with excellent results. Like stir the bowl. It presents so well when the cap comes off, so easy, if you are in a windy situation do the loosen cap & shake technique. Making a battery shim out of copy paper might be a good idea to reduce rattle if you plan to do this a lot. Keep your TV clean, its easy to do and improves performance like taste. Producing larger clouds without good technique WILL compromise your ABV quality.

Grind/starting material: My TV loves the grind from my SC 4 piece titanium. Especially after the grind sits in the fridge a couple of minutes. Kinda like BB's in the bowl. Do make an effort to detwig/seed (yes I have some immature seeds in the larger buds of some of my Oregon outdoor. Stupid neighbors not controlling their pollen) your medicine because it makes a difference. I found improved taste and more even ABV were the result. Kief is also working very well, no need to top that sandwich as long as you're reasonable on the draw, otherwise mix it in slightly.

Summary: Its all about logistics for me. I think the TV is going to end up being the "system" that is going to provide me with medication on the go (worldwide), in a safe, easy, and convenient manner. The learning curve was very nice and I simply love the design philosophy behind the system. Home use is great but I know the TV is going to shine on the go (think chairlift, ship deck, trail etc) Enough said. Will you like it? I hope after reading this thread (not just my thoughts), you at least feel you have a shot at making the best, informed, decision possible. Bottom line, I love my TV and can't wait for the Revolution. I have a ton of ABV that might extract into something useful I'm thinking . . .

Links to excellent posts:

Pecosthecat's initial impressions, a lot of which were mine as well: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=181644#p181644

1 of OF's posts (so many great ones) speaking to behind the scenes at TV: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=182791#p182791

EXCELLENT Review T-Dub! Though I am NOT a medical users I have very similar needs (big traveller, etc...) for a portable vape! And after a few days of usage, a lot of similar impressions!
Full review in a few days (need to do a little more testing)!

FLskwat,

OF

Gonzo said:
Has anyone tried BHO or QWISO with the Revolution yet? How well is it performing? I do not live in a medicinal state but do have access to high quality medicinal flowers. Would BHO made directly from high quality flowers work well with the Revolution, any thought?

How does BHO work in the Revolution? "Like it was made for it", which it was I guess. I ran some really poor grade oil in mine. Worst I have. It still tasted foul, but worked like a champ. This stuff was coal black and tar thick. I scraped some on the traditional bent paper clip which I then held over the lower section (pulled the top section off and had it standing nose up) and heated it with a lighter at the bottom. A drop formed and fell half an inch or so into the center of the tube, followed by four others (5 total, the recommended amount) as I heated further up the wire. Each dripped off the end straight down the center onto the ceramic making a little puddle. Five or so seconds of heat from the battery made it shimmer a bit then it was like someone opened a drain and it drained into the sponge in a second or so. Excellent vapor (disregarding the taste....) followed as expected. High quality flowers will hopefully remove the taste issue leaving you in tall cotton.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Soulhunter

Thermovape : Is it posible to use the revolution for e-liquids? Or does it run to hot?

Anyone know wher i can buy a time machine or get skematicks for one :p
I want my thermo yesterday!!

Soulhunter,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The "AVA High Resistance USA Made Atomizer" screws right into the adapter for the Revolution. I purchased the kit of 3 and am now excitedly, with Vito's help, getting ready to place my first e-juice order (no nicotine). I am looking for a harmless way to habituate non cool relatives to the device, and maybe experience something new that looks fun. E-juices like "Hypnotic Mist" intrigue me as well as an after dinner MINT (strong enough for morning breath) vape for palate cleansing. Poker table use could be really fun, "banana vapor expelled to the table when you think stuff is out of control", cash game with relatives obviously)

Edit: I am an ex-smoker. Under the high stress of my job I used to suck down a good quantity of "Newports" so I know what tobacco use is about . . . they were HARD to put down.

t-dub,

Soulhunter

Gratz on quitting the nicotine :)
I am hoping the thermo can help me quit my habit also. I ordered the atomizer, and it is actualy wery cool to use the same device for nicotine delivery as your other medication. the atomizer and revolution look the same, so you could eazy medicate right in front of people who have seen u use e-liquids before. Now u r talking after dinner vape with the family :p (I bet u would even get coments on the lovely smell of your vape :p)

Soulhunter,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Soulhunter said:
Gratz on quitting the nicotine :)
I am hoping the thermo can help me quit my habit also. I ordered the atomizer, and it is actualy wery cool to use the same device for nicotine delivery as your other medication. the atomizer and revolution look the same, so you could eazy medicate right in front of people who have seen u use e-liquids before. Now u r talking after dinner vape with the family :p (I bet u would even get coments on the lovely smell of your vape :p)

E-liquids will "cool" off your revolution, it will not run as hot, so the performance would decline. Better to have a dedicated liquid atomizer.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Soulhunter

Ok, thanks or claring that up :)
Good thing i also ordered the atomizer then ;)
U say in the video of the atomizer that u recomend VG, wil a PG based liquid shorten the life of the atomizer?

Soulhunter,

Vitolo

Vaporist
t-dub said:
My philosophical review of the Thermo-Essence Technologies, ThermoVape V1......
Summary: Its all about logistics for me.....
t-dub gave this his heartfelt full attention.
I was honored to view the live skype, and to be trusted to view the video, and folks... he is being truthful. He worked with the device and was diligent to adapt to the devices most functional use, while figuring out how to have the unit work to fit his needs/style.
I thought that the review was well written! :)

Vitolo,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Soulhunter said:
U say in the video of the atomizer that u recomend VG, wil a PG based liquid shorten the life of the atomizer?

No, not at all. I just think VG is a cleaner base then PG. some people have PG sensitivity or allergy. Where VG is ubiquitous and never seems to bother anyone. Plus VG generates a thicker vapor.

The company Innovapor is the distributor for our Alpha line of ecigs. They sell UltraPure, an American made VG, that is what I use (I helped developed the formulation :), so I am 100% biased). It is offered in a no nicotine version.

Seriously though, VG kicks out the vapor. My only serious recommendation is to buy American made liquid from a company that lists their ingredients. It is your right to know what is in your vaporization liquid.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Warning on the e-cig.

I have used a few disposable and rechargable e-cigs. Never the Pro ones. I got used to pulling a certain way/getting a certain amount fromt he various disposable/rechargable ones I have tried.

I chose the highest % nicotine I could find in my juices (24-26mg, even found a 36mg one). Which is like 24-36% ?

So when I tried the TV e-cig for the first time - I got about 5-10 times the amount of vapor I was used to. I think I must have had a heart attack either from the amount of nicotine I just inhaled or something.

I would suggest start with a low % of nicotine so you can enjoy more.

I heard and experienced that VG produces more vapor, while PG tastes better.

sessnet,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Vitolo said:
t-dub said:
My philosophical review of the Thermo-Essence Technologies, ThermoVape V1......
Summary: Its all about logistics for me.....
t-dub gave this his heartfelt full attention.
I was honored to view the live skype, and to be trusted to view the video, and folks... he is being truthful. He worked with the device and was diligent to adapt to the devices most functional use, while figuring out how to have the unit work to fit his needs/style. I thought that the review was well written! :)

Thanks for that my friend. My medical cannabis journey (just a little over 1 year in total, had to FAIL on morphine first, but I was recreational(cannabis) back in the 80's) has been MUCH better because/thanks to you. I also try not to criticize things I don't know about which is why I read (studied) for a year on FC before getting involved in reviews like this. I still know nothing IMHO.

Looking forward to Stu's thoughts . . .

t-dub,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sessnet said:
Warning on the e-cig.

I have used a few disposable and rechargable e-cigs. Never the Pro ones. I got used to pulling a certain way/getting a certain amount fromt he various disposable/rechargable ones I have tried.

I chose the highest % nicotine I could find in my juices (24-26mg, even found a 36mg one). Which is like 24-36% ?

So when I tried the TV e-cig for the first time - I got about 5-10 times the amount of vapor I was used to. I think I must have had a heart attack either from the amount of nicotine I just inhaled or something.

I would suggest start with a low % of nicotine so you can enjoy more.

I heard and experienced that VG produces more vapor, while PG tastes better.

Yep, the ThermoVape when ran in ecig mode is not messing around. It is a beast. This is not like a disposable, that's for sure. Much more effective atomization technology. Ease into it.

Cheers!

ThermoVape,

Soulhunter

LOL sessnet, that actaly made me laugh. I will be careful fore sure ;)

Thermovape, I would love to try your e-liquids, but the laws here in Norway only let me import from EU countries. I could buy without nicotine, but i dont see the point of that realy :p

Soulhunter,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Soulhunter said:

Thermovape, I would love to try your e-liquids, but the laws here in Norway only let me import from EU countries. I could buy without nicotine, but i dont see the point of that realy :p

I like the EcoPure line from intellicig (in the UK). I have been over and seen there operation, very professional. That was the only liquid I would use until we developed our own.

Cheers!

ThermoVape,

Soulhunter

ThermoVape said:
Soulhunter said:

I like the EcoPure line from intellicig (in the UK). I have been over and seen there operation, very professional. That was the only liquid I would use until we developed our own.

Cheers!

Tanks for the tips :D

Soulhunter,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
mistergyro said:
is there a website in the works for the revolution? i want to know more....

It is on the ThermoVape.com site, several videos of the Revolution posted as well.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

PB88123

Vaporist
t-dub said:
It presents so well when the cap comes off, so easy, if you are in a windy situation do the loosen cap & shake technique. Making a battery shim out of copy paper might be a good idea to reduce rattle if you plan to do this a lot.

When I shake my TV I will hold it in the ON position so the batteries won't rattle. I will also hold the cap so that does not rattle.

PB88123,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
PB88123 said:
t-dub said:
It presents so well when the cap comes off, so easy, if you are in a windy situation do the loosen cap & shake technique. Making a battery shim out of copy paper might be a good idea to reduce rattle if you plan to do this a lot.

When I shake my TV I will hold it in the ON position so the batteries won't rattle. I will also hold the cap so that does not rattle.

Of course, an obvious solution (thanks for sharing) . . . the device speaks to us in many ways. I love "listening" to what others users "adsorb". This whole debate has an "organic" quality that appeals to me.

t-dub,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I used the small piece of paper technique that TV recommended. Just one layer of paper wrapped around the batteries works.

Drop the paper int the tube first. Then the batteries. 90% less rattle!

Now the only rattle is from the switch and outer sleeve...which is WAY less rattle, but would like to know how to eliminate that 10% if possible.

sessnet,
Top Bottom