Discontinued ThermoVape

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
SF Giant said:
Bluntcrush said:
Hey TV Peeps.
I guess you finally have me convinced. ;) If I wanted to order (hopefully a kit) that would enable me to do flowers, concentrates, and e-liquids from one unit what do I need to order? It looks like you can order the basic kit and then add the two other units separately, but I would like to buy a kit that has everything I need for everything, all at once. Please advise...

:ninja: :peace:
you need the T1 kit, the revolution kit with adapter and the high resistance aromizer without adapter and you should be set to go, i believe TV said he wouldnt be doing a kit with everything in it for a while (at least not with a price break) to avoid screwing the early adopters that have bought everything separate (me)

Thanks a bunch! I thought that I wouldn't need the whole e-juice adapter, but was not sure...:peace:

Bluntcrush,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yes, with free shipping I was even able to order something I forgot with no real penalty either.

t-dub,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations ThermoVape,

ThermoVape said:
Egzoset said:
...what's the heater coil made of exaclty?

...the actual wire we use is one detail that we keep in-house. It's not Nichrome.

Fine, but it's as safe as that in my Verdamper example, right?...

Egzoset,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Bluntcrush said:
SF Giant said:
Bluntcrush said:
Hey TV Peeps.
I guess you finally have me convinced. ;) If I wanted to order (hopefully a kit) that would enable me to do flowers, concentrates, and e-liquids from one unit what do I need to order? It looks like you can order the basic kit and then add the two other units separately, but I would like to buy a kit that has everything I need for everything, all at once. Please advise...

:ninja: :peace:
you need the T1 kit, the revolution kit with adapter and the high resistance aromizer without adapter and you should be set to go, i believe TV said he wouldnt be doing a kit with everything in it for a while (at least not with a price break) to avoid screwing the early adopters that have bought everything separate (me)

Thanks a bunch! I thought that I wouldn't need the whole e-juice adapter, but was not sure...:peace:

If you don't use e-juice (vg or pg based e-liquid like you would put in an ecig) you won't need that part. If you are just using flowers and concentrates that are not suspended in VG/PG that part would be useless to you. I would say you will be fine with the T1 kit and the concentrates adapter added on, unless you do use e-liquid, then you would want that other part too.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I am in no way bashing anyone for the video where TV takes apart the other guys devices, but I have to say that It felt a bit biased and not in favor of TV to have mangled up the competitors stuff like that, in order to show what they were selling. Most of the video was right on, but the fact that they just chopped up the other folks stuff with no care or concern, then pulled out nice tools to carefully take apart their own devices left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, so I gather from reading posts here in FC. I know this is just my opinion, but it is being shared by others as well, that it takes away from the video feeling professional, and I think that should be corrected if TV wants to continue perusing a professional image. What I couldn't understand is why did they mangle the competitors stuff and then so careful open up their own? It does not allow the viewer to get a real look at what was inside the other guys units, so we could make a real onion about what was inside there. It is still early in the game, and there is time to change that. I know that you guys don't have to do anything based on one person's critique of your video, but really, it would probably serve you better in the long run to have a more delicate approach to opening up the other guys parts if you are trying to prove a point by showing us how much synthetic or unknown materials are inside them. With my own experience taking those kind of cartomzier style units apart, you simply have to tap the insides out with a rod, from the opening, or take pliers to the threads and twist until it releases, then it will just slide right out, no cutting or mashing. For what it's worth, it might be a good move to rethink that section of the video.
:2c:

jambandphan03,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
jambandphan03 said:
So I am in no way bashing anyone for the video where TV takes apart the other guys devices, but I have to say that It felt a bit biased and not in favor of TV to have mangled up the competitors stuff like that, in order to show what they were selling. Most of the video was right on, but the fact that they just chopped up the other folks stuff with no care or concern, then pulled out nice tools to carefully take apart their own devices left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths, so I gather from reading posts here in FC. I know this is just my opinion, but it is being shared by others as well, that it takes away from the video feeling professional, and I think that should be corrected if TV wants to continue perusing a professional image. What I couldn't understand is why did they mangle the competitors stuff and then so careful open up their own? It does not allow the viewer to get a real look at what was inside the other guys units, so we could make a real onion about what was inside there. It is still early in the game, and there is time to change that. I know that you guys don't have to do anything based on one person's critique of your video, but really, it would probably serve you better in the long run to have a more delicate approach to opening up the other guys parts if you are trying to prove a point by showing us how much synthetic or unknown materials are inside them.
:2c:

Why? Assuming they bought their device, they have the right to do whatever they want with it, right? And ThermoVape treated their own units horribly by throwing them in the fire etc...

I am assuming it is just the makers of the competing device that are offended. Maybe they feel stupid that they decided to take their production overseas and use inferior materials? Don't know myself what the real reason could be...

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The only point I am trying to make is when I watched it for the first time, it was baffling to me that they approached it this way. I wanted to see what was in the other people's units, not just bits and pieces of unidentifiable stuff. I don't want to turn this into a debate or argument, I just wanted to put my opinion out there. Think what you want, I am just being honest here. Whether it makes a difference? well....

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sessnet said:
Why? Assuming they bought their device, they have the right to do whatever they want with it, right? And ThermoVape treated their own units horribly by throwing them in the fire etc...

I am assuming it is just the makers of the competing device that are offended. Maybe they feel stupid that they decided to take their production overseas and use inferior materials? Don't know myself what the real reason could be...

That really isn't the point, sure they can and did do what they want. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to give them our feedback on what they put out for us to view as a way of comparing gear. And again this is just my observation, so if I am alone here, that is fine too. I won't stop buying TV's product over it or even the other guys stuff if I feel inclined to try them.

jambandphan03,

OF

Egzoset said:
Salutations ThermoVape,

ThermoVape said:
Egzoset said:
...what's the heater coil made of exaclty?

...the actual wire we use is one detail that we keep in-house. It's not Nichrome.

Fine, but it's as safe as that in my Verdamper example, right?...

Without even peeking at a Verdamper, I'd have to say 'without a doubt'. During my visit to the factory to get my Revolution I got the grand tour and a chance to talk techie stuff with the guys. When we got onto heater element material specifics they copped the fifth as is their right of course. Didn't keep me from making a series of educated guesses about how to build the ultimate, long life, tasteless, medically sound heater for the temperature range. Every step I suggested between Nichrome and Platinum seems to have been considered carefully. I know many of them from my experiences, we talked turkey and they sounded real to me. I know the guys they're buying from, and I know pretty close the alloy in use. IMO they've done their homework, the material is the best available for the job....nobody is better. Serious, health concern driven, Engineering. And IMO everyone (yes, I mean everyone) is using something less, not that that is probably significant in the end.

My advice is 'not to worry'.

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
jambandphan03 said:
That really isn't the point, sure they can and did do what they want. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to give them our feedback on what they put out for us to view as a way of comparing gear. And again this is just my observation, so if I am alone here, that is fine too. I won't stop buying TV's product over it or even the other guys stuff if I feel inclined to try them.

You are correct. I don't think anyone on this thread would jump down your throat for not liking the way they shot the video. I just saw it, and I myself don't see anything wrong or offending in the video at all.

sessnet,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
that's cool sessnet, I wouldn't go as far as to say I was offended, confused is a better word for what I experienced. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I have taken apart many of the same kind of heating elements to know it can be done without destroying them in the process. I just felt it took away from the "scientific" approach they seem to be taking with their own product. If I want to make an educated decision, I want as much direct information as I can get. Otherwise I thought it was a good video, it just left me feeling a little mixed as to the approach.

jambandphan03,
Whats cool is the transperancy of the company/product....all other competitors did not and still do not want to show us users whats in their product out of fear someone will steal/copy their ideas. But in this capitalistic society it has to be taken into account that it is likely to happen copy cats are everywhere. But if some one claims to have innovated something they should let the products speak for itself in and out. just my :2c:

mflb_hustler,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OF said:
Be careful about the battery/charger thing. There are at least two versions out, I think only the lower rated (750 mAh) version works here (not the 900s). The TV uses them way over spec to get the performance we crave, only the correct version of that specific battery works. Or so I understand.

Thanks for the advice OF, I checked and the batteries I found are also the 750mah so they are the same. I appreciate you looking out for me ;)

jambandphan03,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
OF said:
Be careful about the battery/charger thing. There are at least two versions out, I think only the lower rated (750 mAh) version works here (not the 900s). The TV uses them way over spec to get the performance we crave, only the correct version of that specific battery works. Or so I understand.

Thanks for the advice OF, I checked and the batteries I found are also the 750mah so they are the same. I appreciate you looking out for me ;)

Yer welcome. I see it as watching out for each other....you're part of it. Right?

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
If the ThermoVape was created oversees in a factory, you can bet you'll see knock-offs really soon. That is the case with most of all other vapes, especially the "competitors" of the ThermoVape.

However being that the ThermoVape is made here, anyone will have a hard time copying it exactly, and knockoffs would be easy to spot!

Can't say that about the "competitors" or many other Vape companies, because the same company making the product, can make the knockoffs!

Also - I agree it's cool we see what some of these are made out of. I wouldn't be surprised if the other makers had no clue what materials were in their own products.

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
jambandphan03 said:
OF said:

Just make sure the batteries are the LiFePO4 chemistry. The lithium ion protected batteries don't work, and the unprotected lithium ion batteries we do not feel are safe.

In regards to the video... Part of that honestly is that I had not taken either of the overseas products apart before. I only had the single unit provided by a customer so there was no time to practice or do a dry run. On take, on the clock. I get a little nervous at baseline shooting the videos so I basically just struggled getting it apart. If someone wants to send me another unit and some instructions, I will happily reshoot. :D

cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

OF

ThermoVape said:
In regards to the video... Part of that honestly is that I had not taken either of the overseas products apart before. I only had the single unit provided by a customer so there was no time to practice or do a dry run. On take, on the clock. I get a little nervous at baseline shooting the videos so I basically just struggled getting it apart. If someone wants to send me another unit and some instructions, I will happily reshoot. :D

Hey, you're welcome to the little vial of parts from inside the Omicron cart I showed you..... Or I can bring you another cart and help you pull it down. FIWI think lots of folks are curious about how it works, for sure I was.

Be glad to drop it by, if you're interested?

OF

OF,

jeff

OF said:
ThermoVape said:

Hey, you're welcome to the little vial of parts from inside the Omicron cart I showed you..... Or I can bring you another cart and help you pull it down. FIWI think lots of folks are curious about how it works, for sure I was.

OF

OF what was destroyed besides an omicron?

jeff,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Good to get your side on making the video TV. I had not taken that into consideration. I think you guys do a fine job making videos over all, and really appreciate the honest approach I have seen, I guess that is what threw me off on the competitors video.

jambandphan03,

OF

jeff said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. The only thing I destroyed in my second effort to find out how it worked was the connector threads on the outside. I got the furnace body, wick, both heaters, the wiring, both flues and all the seals out. It's pretty much intact (minus some handling) and makes it clear to see how the vapor path works.

How far off base am I?

OF

OF,

jeff

OF said:
jeff said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. The only thing I destroyed in my second effort to find out how it worked was the connector threads on the outside. I got the furnace body, wick, both heaters, the wiring, both flues and all the seals out. It's pretty much intact (minus some handling) and makes it clear to see how the vapor path works.

How far off base am I?

OF

Sorry for my poorly worded question. I skimmed the video. I meant what competitors vapes were featured in the video besides the Omicron.

jeff,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OF said:

OF

Definitely interested. Let's plan another visit for you. Maybe later in the day tips time, we just bought a little scotch for the office as well :). Let's touch base and see how this week looks for you. Give us a few days and we may just have another TherkoVape option for you to try out....

Let's plan on it.

Cheers,

thermoVape

ThermoVape,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Got my favorite chain of local head shops in the area to start carrying the TV after giving them a short demo of my unit the other day, it will be nice to be able to pick up parts in the future by driving a couple miles as opposed to waiting for delivery :D im sure once my Rev comes in i'll stop by and show it off too so i can make sure they have the full product line when/if i need it

SF Giant,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My philosophical review of the Thermo-Essence Technologies, ThermoVape T1. The quest for the sweet spot, a study in logistics, the Swiss Army knife of portable vaping. Great thoughts are hitting this thread rapidly, so to delay this review would be pointless, especially with the Revolution coming my way. Also its impossible to keep up with OF, I mean he has met the principles and been to the facility, what else do you want?

My demographic/disclaimer: I think if anyone at FC got hit squarely in the nuts by ThermoEssence Techs demographic it was me. A medical user who has to travel/cross borders, heavily into science/safety/materials . . . yup they got me, not a tester, just a happy customer.
ThermoVape said:
Our testers are all medical users, they do not want to be filmed (some of these folks are quite ill) and we do not want to make them do anything they do not want to. It is their feedback at has shaped the ThermoVape. It was our goal to give the medical user a simple, robust device. The consensus was that our test group wanted something that worked by convection, did not require a lot of buttons or switches, wouldn't break of they dropped it, and that they could take with them in their pocket, would work in the cold, work at elevation, work if they were wearing gloves, and that if something broke they could replace just the part they needed, not have to throw the whole thing in the garbage . . . The thermoVape is a device built for the medical user, and with the medical user in mind. ThermoVape
Which brings me to another point: I have decided I will not post any personal pics or vids here. I have Skyped live and sent private video and feel ok at this level, but its enough.

What the TV is: A personal, portable, medical device. USA made. Easy, convenient, safe, effective, virtually indestructible, easily user serviceable, my new Swiss Army knife of vaping.

What the TV is not: A party vape, a bong, a portable VXC or HA.

Mindless Philosophy:

Pursuit of the sweet spot or How the TV responds to me: I have found the TV reacts to its environment, there are many variables, flower moisture content, ambient air temperature, draw speed, warm up, grind consistency, density of the bowl load, etc. But once you find the spot, pursuing becomes an act of balancing warmup, draw speed, and device angle. Once vapor production begins I kinda lean back into the hit, eyes closed, and start playing the thing, cue Kenny G music here. The TV makes a nice little hiss when the airflow is right, and draw changes a little with device temperature. If something gets too warm, its a clue, back off and see whats going on. The point is that through self awareness and the use of some simple ideas (technique), when applied properly will yield the user with excellent results. Like stir the bowl. It presents so well when the cap comes off, so easy, if you are in a windy situation do the loosen cap & shake technique. Making a battery shim out of copy paper might be a good idea to reduce rattle if you plan to do this a lot. Keep your TV clean, its easy to do and improves performance like taste. Producing larger clouds without good technique WILL compromise your ABV quality.

Grind/starting material: My TV loves the grind from my SC 4 piece titanium. Especially after the grind sits in the fridge a couple of minutes. Kinda like BB's in the bowl. Do make an effort to detwig/seed (yes I have some immature seeds in the larger buds of some of my Oregon outdoor. Stupid neighbors not controlling their pollen) your medicine because it makes a difference. I found improved taste and more even ABV were the result. Kief is also working very well, no need to top that sandwich as long as you're reasonable on the draw, otherwise mix it in slightly.

Summary: Its all about logistics for me. I think the TV is going to end up being the "system" that is going to provide me with medication on the go (worldwide), in a safe, easy, and convenient manner. The learning curve was very nice and I simply love the design philosophy behind the system. Home use is great but I know the TV is going to shine on the go (think chairlift, ship deck, trail etc) Enough said. Will you like it? I hope after reading this thread (not just my thoughts), you at least feel you have a shot at making the best, informed, decision possible. Bottom line, I love my TV and can't wait for the Revolution. I have a ton of ABV that might extract into something useful I'm thinking . . .

Links to excellent posts:

Pecosthecat's initial impressions, a lot of which were mine as well: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=181644#p181644

1 of OF's posts (so many great ones) speaking to behind the scenes at TV: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=182791#p182791

t-dub,
Top Bottom