Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

Vitolo said:
t-dub said:
My philosophical review of the Thermo-Essence Technologies, ThermoVape V1......
Summary: Its all about logistics for me.....
t-dub gave this his heartfelt full attention.
I was honored to view the live skype, and to be trusted to view the video, and folks... he is being truthful. He worked with the device and was diligent to adapt to the devices most functional use, while figuring out how to have the unit work to fit his needs/style.
I thought that the review was well written! :)

What you just said, first rate. My favorite part was:

What the TV is: A personal, portable, medical device. USA made. Easy, convenient, safe, effective, virtually indestructible, easily user serviceable, my new Swiss Army knife of vaping.

What the TV is not: A party vape, a bong, a portable VXC or HA.

OF

OF,

pecosthecat

Outstanding review and in line with my thoughts and experience thus far with the ThermoVape. :D

t-dub said:
What the TV is: A personal, portable, medical device. USA made. Easy, convenient, safe, effective, virtually indestructible, easily user serviceable, my new Swiss Army knife of vaping.

What the TV is not: A party vape, a bong, a portable VXC or HA.

pecosthecat,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thank you OF for the response. Have you tried using more than the recommended 5 drops? How many hits in total from the 5 drops? Was the revolution gummed up real bad at the end of the 5 drops of thick dark stuff? Thank you again for the help, probably gonna have to just bite the bullet and see how this thing performs with my homemade stuff. So far I am loving my T1 with flowers though.

Gonzo,

dorkus_molorkus

Ok, the time has come for me to ask some dumb questions. I have read & have been following this thread, as well as a few others that might possibly (not really) be considered in the same genre.

So, pls forgive me if there are some dumb questions that have been answered ad nauseum. Cuz, I know I hate that shit myself. But I got the specs of about 3 different vapes in my head & now I'm not sure which is which.

So, heres the brief.

My wife is a cigarette smoker & I have been trying to get her to try e-cigs or something like that.
She thought I was trying to make her give up smoking, whereas I just want her to be a bit more healthy.

Just like myself and vaping natures goodness, didnt want to give up, just wanted to go a bit easier on my body & still get blazed like a mofo.

Well, she has spoken to a friend who had one go on an ecig while on holidays. The friend liked the e-cig alot & told my wife how awesome it was. Now said friend doesnt know shit all about the e-cig she had. No name, no brand, no idea where it was purchased.

Pls bear with me kids, there is a point to all this rambling.

So, you cant buy e- cig juice in Aust that has nicotine in it. you have to ship it in from the usa & you can only ship 3mths personal supply. Which is fine in principle, but tells me it might be subject to being banned here alltogether. My country bans the shit out of everything at the drop of a hat, and yet they tell me I'm free. But have the tiniest bit of Mj and I'm a criminal, go figure.

Anyhoo, moving right on.

So, I also need a better portable, I also want something for concentrates as well.

I am figureing that the thermovape might be worthy of some serious consideration & need some help as follows.

If I buy all the hardware, I can then? Not neccessarily posing a question, maybe just confirming I have it right in my own head.

buy ejuice from the usa and fill the atomizers myself. (the word is 3mths worth at a time for aust)
or put tobacco direct into the herb chamber & vaporize that.

So, my wife has 2 choices in order to consume nicotine. juice or tobacco.

I make ABV QWISO, will that good, bad or indifferent to use with the thermovape via the revolution?
There is virtually no concentrates available here, other than what you make yourself and sticky sloppy ABV QWISO is the best I can do.

If my wife doesnt like the vape, I can and will use it as a portable. I hope that with my wifes help, she will cover me in public while I hit the revolution just by removing the e-cig attachment & placing the revolution on & hit away.

I'll let my wife be the centre of attention using while we are out and about legitimatly. then i will just 'borrow' it and have some nice hash hits if front of everyone once the crowd novelty has worn off & they will be none the wiser. lol

I think thats all, its just that money is really, really hard to come by ATM, but figure if I am going to spend money, then I want something that will fill mulitple needs.

I think this might be that vape, but its really, really important that I have to get it right.

Any thoughts my vapor bretheren?

dorkus_molorkus,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
dorkus_molorkus said:
Ok, the time has come for me to ask some dumb questions. I have read & have been following this thread, as well as a few others that might possibly (not really) be considered in the same genre.

So, pls forgive me if there are some dumb questions that have been answered ad nauseum. Cuz, I know I hate that shit myself. But I got the specs of about 3 different vapes in my head & now I'm not sure which is which.

So, heres the brief.

My wife is a cigarette smoker & I have been trying to get her to try e-cigs or something like that.
She thought I was trying to make her give up smoking, whereas I just want her to be a bit more healthy.

Just like myself and vaping natures goodness, didnt want to give up, just wanted to go a bit easier on my body & still get blazed like a mofo.

Well, she has spoken to a friend who had one go on an ecig while on holidays. The friend liked the e-cig alot & told my wife how awesome it was. Now said friend doesnt know shit all about the e-cig she had. No name, no brand, no idea where it was purchased.

Pls bear with me kids, there is a point to all this rambling.

So, you cant buy e- cig juice in Aust that has nicotine in it. you have to ship it in from the usa & you can only ship 3mths personal supply. Which is fine in principle, but tells me it might be subject to being banned here alltogether. My country bans the shit out of everything at the drop of a hat, and yet they tell me I'm free. But have the tiniest bit of Mj and I'm a criminal, go figure.

Anyhoo, moving right on.

So, I also need a better portable, I also want something for concentrates as well.

I am figureing that the thermovape might be worthy of some serious consideration & need some help as follows.

If I buy all the hardware, I can then? Not neccessarily posing a question, maybe just confirming I have it right in my own head.

buy ejuice from the usa and fill the atomizers myself. (the word is 3mths worth at a time for aust)
or put tobacco direct into the herb chamber & vaporize that.

So, my wife has 2 choices in order to consume nicotine. juice or tobacco.

I make ABV QWISO, will that good, bad or indifferent to use with the thermovape via the revolution?
There is virtually no concentrates available here, other than what you make yourself and sticky sloppy ABV QWISO is the best I can do.

If my wife doesnt like the vape, I can and will use it as a portable. I hope that with my wifes help, she will cover me in public while I hit the revolution just by removing the e-cig attachment & placing the revolution on & hit away.

I'll let my wife be the centre of attention using while we are out and about legitimatly. then i will just 'borrow' it and have some nice hash hits if front of everyone once the crowd novelty has worn off & they will be none the wiser. lol

I think thats all, its just that money is really, really hard to come by ATM, but figure if I am going to spend money, then I want something that will fill mulitple needs.

I think this might be that vape, but its really, really important that I have to get it right.

Any thoughts my vapor bretheren?

Dorkus, just have to say that I LOVE the Bubbles avatar. We'll get to your questions as soon as a piece of time can be carved out.

ThermoVape,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Forgot to mention, about the batteries I found they are sold as Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger, I wanted more than 2, and this was a 6 pack, so I couldn't pass it up. I know what happens when you stack the wrong batteries in a metal tube... :o don't want any of that!

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Got the TV in today's Fedex and just got home to give it a whirl. These are my very early initial impressions.

Nice quality looking unit. It feels very solidly built.

I first swapped out the long mouthpiece for the short one as I figure it would be more comfortable. I weighed out .05 and it seems like a good bowl size. It covers the bottom of the bowl but is not packed tightly at all. Have any of you measured your bowls and determined an optimal load size?

Anyway, I chose Lemon OG as it has a nice flavor usually. I don't know if I was drawing too fast or slow at first, but my first couple of hits were very weak. I didn't try to change anything with my tequnique, but hits # 4 through 9 were much, much better than the first three. 10 through 12 were incresingly smaller, but I'll call it a 12 hit bowl. Is this typical to get better hits midway through the bowl? Or did I just naturally start to adjust my draw? I really don't know at this point. In any case I am now officially "medicated", so it definitely works.

I stirred after every couple of hits, but it looks like just inverting it and shaking would've done as good of a job, no? What is the preferred method of stirring for you guys?

When the bowl seemed cached (by taste and lack of vapor) the ABV was medium brown. Similar to my PD's ABV.

As a medical user I think this could fill a niche in my portable market. Quick and stealthy hits like the LB gives, but more dense vapor like the Solo provides (The Solo provides denser more consistent hits to be sure, but is more wasteful for "solo" sessions IMO) without the sometimes inconvenient 2-minute warmup.

My inital impressions are very positive and I look forward to getting to know her better.

I just swapped out the batts and am going to give it another whirl. :ko:

:peace:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have to say the anticipation is building for wanting to try out the concentrates adapter I ordered. I am a patient in OR and we don't have all the fancy dispensaries around to shop in but I am sure if I wanted to search, I could find some good quality oil around somewhere. I wish there was an easy, clean and safe way to extract oil that didn't involve dangerous solvents. I usually just run my bubble bags, but I am now experimenting with ISO due to the simplicity of it, this stuff may be inferior but it is potent! I have in the past gotten some pretty oily stuff from my bubble bags, when I barely agitated the plant material. It was gooey, and I wonder if it would melt down easier, guess I'll have to test that out. Oh, to have a lab to work with...

jambandphan03,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
dorkus_molorkus:

I stopped smoking cigs (1 month already!) using first a disposable cig (@$5 from internet to $10 local store). After a few disposables I tried a refillable/rechargeable one. I got the smallest one I could find called a Colibri Nano from epuffer.com, paid $35, and still use it. I didn't buy a pro one or try one (other than TV). Maybe your loved one can try the same thing, simple first then move into something serious or rechargeable/refillable.

If you get the TV for you, and a couple of different disposable e-cigs, then you lots of new toys to play with and you won't have to look around for an immediate "fix".

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
ThermoVapes fastest, free (THANKS TV!) shipping option is UPS 3 Day Select. Anyone know if that is true or just a hopeful guess?

sessnet,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
sessnet said:
I wish :ko: I am waiting - the tracking info is still empty :/

Just a quick note for everyone waiting on an order. The USPS was closed today, but they are all waiting, sufficiently pixelated, saying their goodbyes.. -one last slumber-party before they go out first thing tomorrow AM.

20120116_182316Smallcopy.jpg

Cheers!

The ThermoVape Team

ThermoVape,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Aww man, here I thought it was halfway here already....darn..
Oh well...thanks for the update ThermoVape!

looks like #1202 ordered a lot...lucky person! :ko:

sessnet,

dorkus_molorkus

@sessnet- cheers for that. I will def look that way to start.
But lets be honest the thermovape is actually for me, I just gotta package it like its for her. (think homer/marge's birthday/bowling ball)
I dont actually want her to like the ecig's too much TBH, just enough to maybe want something like that but will let her use juice & vape tobacco as well if she so chooses.
the fact it can do herb & concentrates as well is just a happy kwinkydinks

thats how I am going to sell it her. lol- :D

I dont have anymore vape credit with my wife, I opted out of a 40th birthday present inlieu of the cloud when it comes out. So, I really need to think of my wifes best interests here & try get the best product available. :cool:

for her, of course. lol

dorkus_molorkus,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Brilliant, Dorkus. Great minds think alike. I get my wife NFL Sunday Ticket every year for her birthday just in case she decides to ever watch a football game. :lol:

Stu,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Stu said:
Brilliant, Dorkus. Great minds think alike. I get my wife NFL Sunday Ticket every year for her birthday just in case she decides to ever watch a football game. :lol:

I've heard great minds think alike!

Gonzo,

OF

Gonzo said:
Thank you OF for the response. Have you tried using more than the recommended 5 drops? How many hits in total from the 5 drops? Was the revolution gummed up real bad at the end of the 5 drops of thick dark stuff? Thank you again for the help, probably gonna have to just bite the bullet and see how this thing performs with my homemade stuff. So far I am loving my T1 with flowers though.

No, I just tried the 5 drops but that looked about right to me. It did a lot of hits, maybe two dozen? I wasn't counting, then again I've been hammering them down trying to sort this guy out so the hits have been a bit more excessive than normal.

It didn't seem gummed at all. The surface seemed normal, it just got really slow again so I put some more wax in. Instant recovery, I'm off again. Before the oil I did try a ISO bath in a vial and put that in the ultrasonic sink for a couple of minutes. It came out clean but still stained dark. On the advice of TV I'm ignoring that part and forging ahead. I figure I've got 87 days left to wreck it.....somehow I don't think that's going to happen. I figure if I don't poke something hard into the ceramic it's going to do just fine. And bottom line a new cart is $55. I'm even thinking of getting a spare one so I can keep it filled with some tasty oil or wax for when I'm messing with lower grade stuff.

Can't say for sure, but knowing what I do about the device, were I in your position I'd go for it. I have every reason to think most any concentrate will work in the Revolution.....sorta like TV said......

Gonzo said:
Stu said:

I've heard great minds think alike!

That's what guys who like to think they're great minds say to one another for sure.

Then again, I understand the Poles have a similar folk saying, "Fool seldom differ". Poland has a long history of culture and understanding.....you decide who's got it right....

OF

OF,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
PV,

Are you able to divulge the resistances of your three available atomizers ?

I'm just curious if I'll be able to mix it up, if the desire calls, with my e-cig 510 mods as well once I get a Revolution kit along with the TV liquid kit, and an additional Standard Resistance atty purchase to allow this.

My current e-cig fav I'm using (this month, lol), is my 3.6-5.2v variable voltage FistPack (IMR 18650 battery) with an 801 1.8 ohm (and a 2.5 ohm for fruity type flavours), stealth shorty Iken used at 4.2v.

Is the vape experience of nic juice comparable in hit and vapor production, after atty break-in, using the included High Resistance atty on the Revolution with approx 80% VG DIY juices at 42 mg/ml ?

And would I continue experiencing a great vape using the standard resistance on my FistPack ? or my 5v resistered GLV ?

I like the idea behind your thinking and concerns of using quality & medically acceptable components, and the atomizers (as well as the Revolution), you offer intrigues me.........

smokum,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
smokum, I am completely making assumptions here, but I have the feeling the ecig vapor you get from the TV is going to taste so much better and cleaner than anything you have tried from china made devices... I don't know what I am smelling/tasting, old primer, the nicro wire, solder, glue... what ever it is, even with my 510 and ego megga atty stripped down, bridge removed, nothing on the coil, freshly cleaned, it still smells like chemicals of some kind when I fire it up. I was working on a THC/VG mix for a while, and found vaping vg (or maybe it is all the ecig parts) makes me feel bad, so I gave up, and started using my ecig to smoke bubble hash. Still get the chem taste after a couple of years of use. I can't wait to try TV's version. Please, if you get one, let us know how it vapes e juice. Thanks!!

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom