Discontinued ThermoVape

PB88123

Vaporist
I feel people who have issues come here to complain. They end up complaining to a vocal group who are happy with their device and have had good experiences. People are also complaining to a group of people who don't work for the company and can do nothing about most of their issues. That's why the company has phone numbers and an e-mail system to support their customers. I come here to read about the product ThermoVape and will help people with the device or looking to purchase the device or accessories. That's all I can do.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Nicely said PB.
I feel everyone has the right to voice their experiences with the product and services they receive. However, voicing while troubles are mid-stream is more of venting and understandably so. As long as once all is said and done that the finial result or follow-up is also posted so everyone knows what the outcome was. It is a double edged sword in this regard, if a story is started it should be finished. Writing troubles before TV has corrected the mistake is not really fair but happens and we need to look at the end result when it arrives.
:2c:
Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I prefer to hear both sides, it's when somebody gets on a tear, and posts argument after argument filling up several pages that I don't care much for. It ties up the thread, and makes it hard for new folks to come in and get to the good stuff. I almost didn't stay in FC in the beginning because of the bickering back and forth was so thick some times. I got used to scanning past it. This is an amazing forum with amazing people, and I am so happy to have found it, even with it's good, bad and ugly sides.

OF

I agree as well. It's very natural for good folks with bad experiences of all kinds to come here, par for the course. Many of us are willing to help when we can, but often that's well past what we can do (basically offer advice is it I guess?). Sometimes 'that don't feed the bull dog'. Real people with real problems and often in the dark about most of it or facing special circumstances (customs, etc) on top of it all.

Mistakes happen all around. We know TV takes care not to make them, for sure there's no profit in doing so (in fact it's well understood to be quite expensive, often wiping the profit out from a handful of other sales). And nobody likes to find important emails missed in their junk folder, but that too happens. I understand how often those folks don't come back and say 'opps, I screwed up.....' as often as they really should, that just is human nature too.

I'm rambling again, but I guess I figure nobody comes here to make trouble (or at least like to think so), but sometimes frustration builds rather than is satisfied. Hopefully that's just for a while, and it eventually gets sorted out. Lots of happy campers around here, new ones all the time, IMO it's a loss to us all when one gets away.......

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
For years now I call up companies and tell them that so and so did a great job. I am actually about to do that about two TSA agents believe it or not.

Dreamerr,

slartibartfast

I feel people who have issues come here to complain. They end up complaining to a vocal group who are happy with their device and have had good experiences. People are also complaining to a group of people who don't work for the company and can do nothing about most of their issues. That's why the company has phone numbers and an e-mail system to support their customers. I come here to read about the product ThermoVape and will help people with the device or looking to purchase the device or accessories. That's all I can do.

I don't want anything other than to get functioning product and to share an experience which in this instance was bad though I did state that I liked the product a lot.

I get what you're saying and what OF is saying, and honestly, at least to me, it sounds a bit like, 'hey we were here first, we're having a good time and we don't think that you sharing your experience which doesn't line up with ours to be valid to the discussion.' really, from my point of view, it sounds like that. I get that I posted twice about the same thing and maybe that's frowned upon so I'll go delete my second post.

From my point of view, it's a discussion about a product and company that the manufacturer reads and participates in. I was providing feedback.

So that's that. I'm sure the guys at TV will take care of it. I got an email from customer service apologizing for the delay (there were a number of units that had my same problem) and I'm sure I'll get what I ordered and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

OF

So that's that. I'm sure the guys at TV will take care of it. I got an email from customer service apologizing for the delay (there were a number of units that had my same problem) and I'm sure I'll get what I ordered and I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

I'm glad to hear they're on it. If there are a number of units with the same problem I'm sure you understand how they don't want to send more out to customers until they get it under control. Even at the cost of delays. I've been there before, it's tough. You've got customers who've paid for the product in good faith, you want it right and fast (same ironically as they do....). While I'm sure most guys 'wish they were kept informed' of the ongoing situation, doing so has it's own special set of problems. If the problem can be resolved in a short time (as it sounds) it will hopefully cause a minimum of problems.

As to your understanding of what's the culture here, I (of course) don't agree with you but can understand your view. At least I think I do. I hope you stick around after the problem is resolved, contribute if you can, and hopefully that can change as you become one of us?

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

slartibartfast

As to your understanding of what's the culture here, I (of course) don't agree with you but can understand your view. At least I think I do. I hope you stick around after the problem is resolved, contribute if you can, and hopefully that can change as you become one of us?

Best wishes.

OF

You know what, I have a glass of some very nice Talisker Distiller's Edition in my belly now and perhaps I came off a bit too standoffish. However, it's really your choices of words that makes me feel the way I do about the culture here. You said "contribute", I don't know, I thought sharing my experience WAS contributing. "one of us" do I need to have a high post count to be one of you? I don't mean that to be a jerk, I'm just trying to illustrate why my point of view about the culture might be.

Not a big deal, I know what you mean, it's just, I've been following thread for a while, read most of the posts and it's just something I've noticed. Maybe I jumped on it because I've seen it before, not necessarily by you but just the internet in general. You and PB have contributed a ton to this thread, giving people advice on how to use, stick with it, etc and in that sense, you've contributed more than just some guy who showed up bitching about his two orders.

My DBV is nice and warmed up. I'm gonna reinforce that Talisker with a nice bowl.

Oh and I love my T1. I'm looking forward to seeing if the Evolution experience is like the T1 but with less clogging, as well as looking forward to having an LV T1 where I don't have to worry about the battery. I like the products, really do, that instant on/instant off contributes so much to efficiency, and living in a state where it's still illegal, efficiency matters to me. I am however, going to take a more wait and see approach to the next version.

I don't want anything other than to get functioning product and to share an experience which in this instance was bad though I did state that I liked the product a lot.

I get what you're saying and what OF is saying, and honestly, at least to me, it sounds a bit like, 'hey we were here first, we're having a good time and we don't think that you sharing your experience which doesn't line up with ours to be valid to the discussion.' really, from my point of view, it sounds like that. I get that I posted twice about the same thing and maybe that's frowned upon so I'll go delete my second post.

From my point of view, it's a discussion about a product and company that the manufacturer reads and participates in. I was providing feedback.

I think this is a pretty spot on assessment. There are numerous instances of posters being attacked for criticizing the product/company in this thread. This is a forum to post your experience with the Device/company. I think it is completely fair to share if you have had a less than pleasant experience and to not expect to be attacked.

My T1 is all but retired. It still works 100% fine but it just isn't what I was looking for in a vape. The device is such a well built device but I just don't understand how something so well built can be SOOO bad at producing vapor. After using my Pax (which is smaller) I was kind of in shock at how well it worked in comparison to the T1. I understand that everything on the TV is customizable and 100% made in the U.S and that the T1 is convection and the Pax is conduction but the difference in production still amazes me.

The positives of being durable and really high quality are VASTLY outweighed by the fact that you can only vape a bowl or less on one set of batteries. It's not only the fact that you can only vape a bowl or less but it's also the fact that you need a very specific air flow to get the best results and it is almost impossible to get that required air flow if you are on the move and or not focusing on vaping.

My Pax charges for the same amount of time as one set of TV batteries and I can vape for 1 hour and 30 minutes straight on one charge. On the TV you get something like less than 5 minutes of vape time per set of batteries (not sure exactly but it's very low)

Futuretvowner,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Pax is not the same as the T1. While they are both portables and certainly warrant comparison for that reason, they are so incredibly different in the end. The T1 is sort of an end of the world can't be ruined portable that will always be there. The pax is nice, but then you get electronics which bring up safety and reliability concerns (not saying its not safe by any means I actually would like to TRY a pax).

There are certainly things the pax does better, but there are also things it does worse. It is hard to compare a flashy electronic vape to a mechanical reliable barebones one. In the end between those 2 I think the biggest factor is personal preference. They are totally different devices. Almost like arguing if red or blue is "better".

darkrom,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I like to think of the pax as a fancy automatic luxury car and the T1 is the manual tank built to last, but requires some skill to get it to perform well. I'll admit my T1 doesn't get much use these days either, but adding the 3.7v T1 core definitely was an improvement, and I like the single battery. I have been pretty happy with the performance of the 3.7v so far. I still need to spend more time with it, to figure out how many loads I get per charge etc... I am happy to keep the T1 in my arsenal of vapes, it will hopefully be around and work for a very long time. The down side to all the fancy electronic based vapes is they will eventually fail on some level, and need fixing or replacing. The T1 has that edge, it has very little to fail, so I can appreciate it's value.

Hey TV team, any updates on the hunt for a 3.7v power supply for the AC adapter??

jambandphan03,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I like to think of the pax as a fancy automatic luxury car and the T1 is the manual tank built to last,

Funny you say that Jam, I've used a similar comparison to explain the T1 to my friends. I tell them the T1 is much like a manual transmisson race car with no traction control or ABS. Very straightforward, purpose built, and no frills. It is an incredible performer in capable hands, but is not always good to the first time user. For the uninitiated, they might not see the true power of the car (or vape) because they simply don't understand how to utilize it to it's full potential.

Technique is nearly everything with this vape. I say nearly, because there is also prep work (load size, grind size, etc) that factor in to the experience. This is a contrast to a lot of other vapes, that are more complicated in design but can help make the experience more... automatic shall we say?

I will admit I found my T1 quite frustrating at first. But with continual refinement of my technique through trial and error, I developed a method that is now effortless to me and delivers big tasty hits. To those who find that the T1 isn't working for them, that's OK - luckily, our options for portable vaporizers are increasing at an astounding rate. Hell, I'm always looking for the next best thing too. But I think I'll always have a place in my lineup for my Thermovape.

There are certainly things the pax does better, but there are also things it does worse. It is hard to compare a flashy electronic vape to a mechanical reliable barebones one. In the end between those 2 I think the biggest factor is personal preference. They are totally different devices. Almost like arguing if red or blue is "better".

The only problem is that the T1 isn't ~that~ reliable at all. I have had to send one core back and receive two new switches. I mean in my opinion TV should have sacrificed the removable battery with a permanent battery. I understand that this would have gone against the 'everything is removable and replaceable' but was it really worth sacrificing an exponentially better amount of performance all to make the batteries removable.

Personally I use the TV indoors most of the time. It is the biggest pain in the butt to carry around 4 or 5 different sets of batteries if you want to vape more than .1 in a day.

Futuretvowner,

OF

I will admit I found my T1 quite frustrating at first. But with continual refinement of my technique through trial and error, I developed a method that is now effortless to me and delivers big tasty hits. To those who find that the T1 isn't working for them, that's OK - luckily, our options for portable vaporizers are increasing at an astounding rate.

Both excellent points.

To the first, isn't amazing how what once defied your best attempts, becomes possible, then easy, and finally automatic? And in a fairly quick manner if you 'follow good results'. I really think the device will teach you how to use it if you just try different techniques and pay attention. Pretty soon it's reflex actions, like shaking MFLB after a hit.

As to the second point, we are indeed blessed with many excellent choices. And more coming on line all the time. Unfortunately many are still 'up against it' supply wise (non MMJ state, poor dispensaries and so on), hopefully that's getting better as well?

But yes, today we're walking in tall cotton for sure.

OF

OF,
Does anyone else find this hard to get a good hit if they are physically moving and or cannot hear the air flow while hitting it. I've noticed that when I cannot hear the air I am drawing it completely throws off my hit.

Futuretvowner,

Cinnamonster

Does anyone else find this hard to get a good hit if they are physically moving and or cannot hear the air flow while hitting it. I've noticed that when I cannot hear the air I am drawing it completely throws off my hit.

I get great hits while physically moving. The only time I have trouble is when the cap gets clogged, which is quickly remedied by unscrewing it and blowing into the mouthpiece with the cap attached; it works better when it's hot.

Cinnamonster,

OF

Can someone link me to the mod page??

I'm sorry, I guess I don't understand the question? The Moderators don't have a page to my knowledge if that's what you meant by "mod page"?

If you can put it in terms I understand I might be able to offer an answer?

OF

OF,

zombonaut

I have had my T1 for a couple of months and have reached a couple of conclusions. First the airflow is so restricted that I find it frustrating at times. Also, after two and a half months of moderate use my core had one filament burn out rendering the unit pretty much unusable.

My core is being repaired under warranty, but I'm curious, how long are cores lasting for you guys?

If I need another core repair out of warranty how much would that cost?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

zombonaut,

OF

My core is being repaired under warranty, but I'm curious, how long are cores lasting for you guys?

If I need another core repair out of warranty how much would that cost?

My understanding is very few are being repaired under warranty (and many that come in are actually fine, switches being the common factor here). Most of those that have failed are 'infant mortality' failures (material or workmanship problems), very few (so far) actually wear out. I'd think it's also depending on usage patterns?

Fifteen buck for a rebuild. As I understand that they reuse the ceramic parts, replace the heater and some of the mechanical parts.

OF

slartibartfast

Sorry for the complaint but I just wanted to give anyone who cares an update. They shipped my replacement parts to my billing address instead of the shipping address. Now I either have to go to another state to pick my stuff up or I have no idea what customer service will do next. :bang:

slartibartfast,

OF

Sorry for the complaint but I just wanted to give anyone who cares an update. They shipped my replacement parts to my billing address instead of the shipping address. Now I either have to go to another state to pick my stuff up or I have no idea what customer service will do next. :bang:

Bummer, but assuming it's not one of those 'has to ship to the billing address to pay that way' issues, I bet they send a new shipment to you and work out how to get the other returned. Anyone there that can mail it back for you? It's not waiting on a signature is it? If so it'll return itself in due time.....

Good luck, but telling us doesn't get anything done to fix the problem, I'd be contacting TV.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom