Discontinued ThermoVape

poonman

Ut oh with 25% off I have no reason not to buy. Now I need help as what to get. Most of you say T1 some say evolution for traveling and ease, some say get power pack and I read something about an extended mouth piece to help with the cooling. I will be waiting for you all to come up with the perfect package for me. I like things easy. The easier the better. If you read on the DV thread I bearly clean it so keep that in mind. The path of least resistance is my friend or at least we are trying to make friends :lol:

So far ,
I'm liking the T1 or the evolution because it's the newer version and they're both for herbs .
The AC power supply , for usage without batteries , a must , apparently if you vape a lot .
Plus it's interchangeable for the other TV :)
And of course the glass mouthpiece only ...for now .

Question ;
I only need the AC PA for $ 99.99 for the usage of sans free batteries ?
But for the $ 124.99 kit , what is the extra I'm getting with that one ?
Just another extra wall battery charger ? The same one that I'll get with the T1 already ?
Please clarify ...anyone ?

Hey guys, just thought Id share my findings on the TV handle.

Lately I find I have been using my TV handle in 510 mode close to 100% of the time.
So when I started thinking about a second back-up handle I have been searching around to see if a better alternative was out there. What I like about the TV handle is:

Simplicity.
No electronics.
Can be completely cleaned.
Heat dispersion is excellent.
Durability, well designed to go the distance.
Battery sleeve sized to accommodate many voltage options and battery types.
Price is good. $50 base + $20 Delrin adapter. (IMHO, should have an option to buy complete like the REV kit without having to email for adapter, would attract more ecig users)

The only thing I do not like is the grip of the slide switch. (which has been brought up a few times and I have been working on a solution)

So with these characteristics in mind I searched and searched. There are some units out there but are over kill in some regards like "smart" electronics. And priced too high because of this. The units which seem to match the TV are all bottom switchers. Which I am not sure if I could get use to or not. And get pricey very quickly. The cheaper units with horn type switches at first glance seem like a cool alternative. However, seems to get the size of the TV and maintaining a 6 volt option is not there. The ones with the 6 volt option tend to get wider in size. I also do not like the top button types neither. The Bolt was the closest I could find but would need two extender pieces to get 6 volts and then likely a spacer as well. A finish matching problems between the added pieces might also be an issue.
Any other opinions or findings?

At this point IMHO the TV handle seems to be the best unit in our multi format world.

BTW, an update to my thumb rest is promising. Found arranging the magnets is critical as OF stated in earlier discussions. Have made a few practice runs in perfecting it. The "prototype" pieces I am now including in my power supply on ebay as a free gift.

Pipes :cheers:

The only thing I know of close to your price point is the Riva Indulgence - about $40-50.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=152
http://www.ecigg.org/Indulgence-p/indulgence.htm

It has a mechanical switch and can do 6 volts. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Indulgence V4 is 3.7v only. Only V3s and earlier do 6v.
Now if money didn't matter, there's always a GG or order custom from Super-T.

-NDA

Nick Again,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You are having the same issues as me but a bit less cause you have more understanding. Give me a list of what to buy and I am done lol. I don't use concentrates since I don't have any available and I don't use a bong. I do use out of the house all the time or you wouldn't want to be in the same city as me. It is why whenever possible I am HOME.

Dreamerr,

PB88123

Vaporist
So far ,
I'm liking the T1 or the evolution because it's the newer version and they're both for herbs .
The AC power supply , for usage without batteries , a must , apparently if you vape a lot .

Question ;
Just another extra wall battery charger ? The same one that I'll get with the T1 already ?

The $99.99 power supply does NOT come with a way to plug it in. You need a compatible wall plug and I'm not sure if anyone has found one. So best to buy the $124.99 AC PA.

You are having the same issues as me but a bit less cause you have more understanding. Give me a list of what to buy and I am done lol. I don't use concentrates since I don't have any available and I don't use a bong. I do use out of the house all the time or you wouldn't want to be in the same city as me. It is why whenever possible I am HOME.

For people wondering what to buy for herb use only.

T1 $199.99 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/kit-black and in white http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-v1-kit-white

(optional) Smooth flow $29.97 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/in-line-moisture-conditioner

(optional) Power Supply $124.99 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-ac-power-supply

(optional) Glass adapter $19.97 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/glass-adapter

Total cost - $374.92
Discount - $93.73
Final price - $281.19

Other things that might interest you

Another battery charger $24.97 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/tenergy_charger_batteries

Batteries $9.47 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/tenergy-rechargeable-batteries

Other mouth pieces - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/mouthpieces

All Glass glass adapters - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-t1-all-glass-glass-adapter

Evolution in 6V -

$154.99 in black http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-evolution-kit-black

$154.99 in white http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-evolution-starter-kit-standard-voltage

(optional) Smooth flow $29.97 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/in-line-moisture-conditioner

(optional) Power Supply $124.99 -http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/thermovape-ac-power-supply

(optional) Another battery charger $24.97 -http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/tenergy_charger_batteries

(optional) Batteries $9.47 - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/products/tenergy-rechargeable-batteries

(optional) Other mouth pieces - http://thermovape.com/collections/all/mouthpieces

poonman

Yeah , that's what I was hoping Tim would help us with .
Maybe a private e-mail chat to clarify which stuff to order .
He was already on earlier in the aft., so maybe tomorrow we'll hear .
That's cool , we have the whole month of Aug. to decide :)
Plus I noticed their glass mouthpiece are currently sold out on their site .
I want to receive it all at the same time . I can wait ...a little .

I forgot to ask you last time .
What's a volcano clone ?

poonman,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Ut oh with 25% off I have no reason not to buy. Now I need help as what to get. Most of you say T1 some say evolution for traveling and ease, some say get power pack and I read something about an extended mouth piece to help with the cooling. I will be waiting for you all to come up with the perfect package for me. I like things easy. The easier the better. If you read on the DV thread I bearly clean it so keep that in mind. The path of least resistance is my friend or at least we are trying to make friends :lol:
I'd say definitely go for the T1 with the glass mouthpiece. Less stirring, less cleaning than the Delrin cap, and more effortless vapor production than the Evolution. It does get warm with extended use, so put a little piece of silicone tubing over the end of the mouthpiece and you're set. That also works to create a great seal for GonG purposes with 14 OR 18mm. You'll love it, I think. Enjoy!!

Dreamerr

Yeah , that's what I was hoping Tim would help us with .
Maybe a private e-mail chat to clarify which stuff to order .
He was already on earlier in the aft., so maybe tomorrow we'll hear .
That's cool , we have the whole month of Aug. to decide :)
Plus I noticed their glass mouthpiece are currently sold out on their site .
I want to receive it all at the same time . I can wait ...a little .

I forgot to ask you last time .
What's a volcano clone ?

A cheap one you get on ebay. It has a lot of the same pieces but I still don't like it. I like the bag part but since I am disabled to get up to fill the bag and even remember that I had turned it on doesn't work for me. It also makes a lot of noise. I just want to lay in bed and vape with no waiting or issues. If I go out I want to be able to take the vape with me and be as stealth as possible.

Do any of those plug in power supplies work with a car or computer?

Dreamerr,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
A cheap one you get on ebay. It has a lot of the same pieces but I still don't like it. I like the bag part but since I am disabled to get up to fill the bag and even remember that I had turned it on doesn't work for me. It also makes a lot of noise. I just want to lay in bed and vape with no waiting or issues. If I go out I want to be able to take the vape with me and be as stealth as possible.

Do any of those plug in power supplies work with a car or computer?
It works with an AC converter, if you have one of those. They're cheap.

PhreedomPhries,

Dreamerr

I'd say definitely go for the T1 with the glass mouthpiece. Less stirring, less cleaning than the Delrin cap, and more effortless vapor production than the Evolution. It does get warm with extended use, so put a little piece of silicone tubing over the end of the mouthpiece and you're set. That also works to create a great seal for GonG purposes with 14 OR 18mm. You'll love it, I think. Enjoy!!

Isn't that glass for bong purposes only? If not will it come with the silicone piece? Also what about the issue of inhaling weed as some have reported a page or two back?

Can't you use the plugs that come with the T1 to smoke. It comes with a car plug and an ac wall plug. Why would you need that PA power supply?

Dreamerr,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Isn't that glass for bong purposes only? If not will it come with the silicone piece? Also what about the issue of inhaling weed as some have reported a page or two back?

Can't you use the plugs that come with the T1 to smoke. It comes with a car plug and an ac wall plug. Why would you need that PA power supply?
What the T1 comes with is for re-charging the batteries, not for running the device off electricity, which is what the PA does. Get a screen to solve the inhaling issue, and no, the piece is not for bong purposes. There is a new glass mouthpiece. It does not come with a piece of silicone tubing. Perhaps TV could consider making something of the sort available. It's simple enough...

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

And just have to throw it in. There is a cheaper power alternative out there.
At $22 open bid.
:2c:
Pipes

Well..... Let me tell you what our AVA attys DO NOT have inside them!
No Fiberglass
No solder
No plastic
No Mylar
No Rubber wire

The Chinese attys...... not so much..

What are the differences b/w the lr, sr, and hr ava attys? Why does the tv website recommend hr?

If I have an ultra lite, would I need anything else in addition to an ava (prolly the lr) in order to vape e-liquids?

What's the difference b/w the flat bottom and bottom loading ava?

Thanks for the help!

UpUpandAway,

OF

H

The only thing I do not like is the grip of the slide switch. (which has been brought up a few times and I have been working on a solution)

At this point IMHO the TV handle seems to be the best unit in our multi format world.

BTW, an update to my thumb rest is promising. Found arranging the magnets is critical as OF stated in earlier discussions. Have made a few practice runs in perfecting it. The "prototype" pieces I am now including in my power supply on ebay as a free gift.

Once again, you're spot on IMO. I agree, the TV supply is simple yet elegant in design, superbly made and reasonably priced IMO.....and it seems yours? A unit to 'step aside for'.

I also continue to delight in your exploits at improving and already great situation. Your 'not to be denied' persistence should be an inspiration to others....if they're paying attention of course. Please keep it up.

Your passing free prototypes on to someone who would put them to use is completely in character......and I do mean character.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: prk

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Once again, you're spot on IMO. I agree, the TV supply is simple yet elegant in design, superbly made and reasonably priced IMO.....and it seems yours? A unit to 'step aside for'.

I also continue to delight in your exploits at improving and already great situation. Your 'not to be denied' persistence should be an inspiration to others....if they're paying attention of course. Please keep it up.

Your passing free prototypes on to someone who would put them to use is completely in character......and I do mean character.....

OF
Thanks for the compliment OF. just a guy with a hobby who likes win/win situations and has some fun doing it.
Here's a new idea I threw together just last night and made a working unit in a half hour. Pulling overnight shifts, so had some time. Ended up with what I suspect is the worlds smallest power adapter. I used an old carto tank tube. Basically, the same as a long 510 extender. Used a 5.5 mm DC connector (the kind I use on my adapters) which fits very nicely into the tube leaving just the harder plastic part of the casing exposed. Left just enough wires hanging out the other side to solder to the female 510 connector. Viola, a quick PA for use at work. Now gathering up some parts to add a switch and possibly a LED. Will put together a DIY thread if I can get a switch of some sorts installed. Thinking contacts from a relay with a rubber push button mounted in the side of the tube or maybe a reed switch and magnet? I'll post a picture once I'm back at home. As for the reason for this....well it's cool and very discreet. Cheap if not free to make.
Now OF, as usual any input would be appreciated as you are the one who tends to get me zeroed in on the best methods. I know where I want to go and you seem to have the directions. I do tend to walk in circles if left alone.

Cheers,
Pipes

OF

Thanks for the compliment OF. just a guy with a hobby who likes win/win situations and has some fun doing it.

Now OF, as usual any input would be appreciated as you are the one who tends to get me zeroed in on the best methods. I know where I want to go and you seem to have the directions. I do tend to walk in circles if left alone.

You're welcome, IMO you earned it. I disagree somewhat, you're not "just a guy" IMO, FWIW. You 'think outside the box' easily and freely and seem goal driven like few are. The ability to come up with novel approaches is far from common.

Funny, early on I did almost exactly that to power carts with a bench supply. Except I used a thread adapter and soldered pig tails to it. At one point it gained a AA holder (for 15500s) and a PB switch for a while before becoming part of my 'under load' fixture. Yours is probably tougher, mine suffered a broken wire lead part way through. Then I pulled out the hot glue gun and fixed that for good.

Not to worry, I learned to walk in circles around the problem long ago.....saves wondering off and getting lost you know.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Made it home finally, time for a nap. But first a peek at that little handy power handle.
This is the switchless one I made very quickly.

510Handle01.jpg

510Handle02.jpg

And then once I got some pieces together, things started to develop a bit further.

510Handle10.jpg

Time ran out. Gave the switchless version a couple runs with my power supply. Works good, feels a little odd.....:\ I did not have any heat trouble but an extender would solve that if I did.

I'll start a post in the DIY section later tonight.
Kind of a neat little gadget to keep around just in case.....???

Pipes

darkrom

Great Scott!
And that hacker type don't know when to leave a good thing people like me will mod anyway!

But at least we'd have a solid starting point :D

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
So far ,
I'm liking the T1 or the evolution because it's the newer

version and they're both for herbs .

Question ;

The AC PA kit for 124.99 comes with everything you need to plug your ThermoVape into the wall and use it, the one for 99 is only the handle and you would need a AC adapter separately.

Any of our Starter kits have AC and 12V Chargers for the batteries, they DO NOT allow you to plug it into the wall or car.

Made it home finally, time for a nap. But first a peek at that little handy power handle.
This is the switchless one I made very quickly.

510Handle01.jpg

510Handle02.jpg

And then once I got some pieces together, things started to develop a bit further.

510Handle10.jpg

Time ran out. Gave the switchless version a couple runs with my power supply. Works good, feels a little odd.....:\ I did not have any heat trouble but an extender would solve that if I did.

I'll start a post in the DIY section later tonight.
Kind of a neat little gadget to keep around just in case.....???

Pipes

That is pretty cool!!! small and sleek, could be a cool platform.

BTW, I just have to thank OF and Pipes for all their help answering every ones questions. I end up answering everything twice because one of your guys beat me to it already. You guys are an asset to FC!!!!

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Update on the sale guys.

We had a few errors in the sale specs on our website so some people did not get the correct sale discount. We are contacting everyone who placed an order up to right now to make sure it gets corrected.

It is all corrected so any orders placed now will have the correct discount. I apologize for the confusion.

Cheers,

Tim

chant121

A few little advanced tips i have picked up:

with much practice One can do circular breathing ( similar to that of a didgeridoo:p )

I have found it is very beneficial to re moisturize the smooth flow every 2 - 3 hits as it keeps things nice and cool and really does produce big clouds

Its good to breath through your nose if you feel the need for air

I like to break up da erb by hand, making it double that of the size of the convection holes.

Generally letting it warm up for 10 seconds is enough when starting your vape session.

Take the initial flavoursome and slightly airy first hit and a second juicy hit, then, remember to shake after every hit ( shaken.. not stirred Mr bond ) i'm sure everyone has there own way of doing this.

I personally like to load the whole bowl into my hand after 4 or so hits and then take out any dark small bits then just load the nice juicy bits left with all the goodness in em. Be sure to blow the mouthpiece whilst using your little finger to blow any small pieces out of the cap.

I like to save anything vaped in a jar, then give the TV a bit of a dry heat up period of 10 seconds whilst waving it about the air like a light sabre, just to make sure that any particles that made its way through to the heating core are incinerated.

Cant wait to get the PA thats in the post to me.

If anyone has reccomendation for a small cheap glass bubbler that would work well :) i would love to try this through water filtration.

Peace out :)

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Ok so.... Who wants some spare batteries???

Throughout the Back To School Sale we have lowered the prices of all our Tenergy Batteries and chargers, with the 25% savings of the sale and the lowered price you are getting nearly 50% off!!!

Also, We have divided up the Tenergy Charging Kit into individual components. You can now get just the single charger along with a starter kit and you will have two full charging setups so you can charge at home and in your car.

ok, what else......

Everyone who ordered an AC Power Adapter, we are waiting for the next batch of AC wall adapters to complete the kits. The Next batch is expected to arrive on the 15th, I apologize for the delay we are trying to increase the batch size to accommodate all the orders.

Sorry about all the information, ill try to keep posting about each to make sure everyone sees them.

Cheers,

Tim

Ok so.... Who wants some spare batteries???

Cheers,

Tim

Did you ever try out the 14250s in a 6v Ultra? If so, how did a SV DART (or anything else besides an AVA) do with them?

Could you make those (i.e. the 14250 IFR/LiPO4 cells) available from TV directly?

-NDA

Nick Again,
Top Bottom