Discontinued ThermoVape

PB88123

Vaporist
Just gave in a bought a black T1 on Amazon, too good of a price to pass it up. Now to begin the daunting task of reading 182 pages...or if any T1 vet wants to be a saint and pass on all of their ancient T1 wisdom condensed into a single post, I and many T1 newbies would be eternally grateful. If not, I totally understand and will begin sifting through this massive pile of information tomorrow while I patiently wait for my T1.

There is some good information in here. We repeat it a lot so maybe just read the last 50 and you should get a good idea.

Here is a little bit of guidance.

When you get it make sure all the batteries are charged and then turn it on empty and look at it. See how long it takes to glow orange. You'll want to wait before inhaling for it to reach that point. Don't just do it once but do it during a session too. You'll notice it can take 4 seconds to 15 seconds depending on how hot the device is already and the battery level. When it is hot during the session it'll turn on in 1-4 seconds.

When you go to stir it just turn it upside down and unscrew it. Break it up with a finger while everything is in the top cap and then turn the device on and watch it heat up before screwing the top back on.

When starting your session you can take puffs by inhaling for 1-2 seconds then exhale till you see vapor. Then you can start your longer inhales for as many seconds as you want. You can keep the switch engaged for a whole minute if you want once you get the hang of it. It's like a special talent you never knew you had.

You can unscrew the bowl and drop it in a bag of ISO and then boil it. You can take the o-ring off the bowl and then put it back on after the boil if you want. I never have and it still works just fine. You can also boil the top cap and mouth pieces. Don't get the switch wet though!!

Here is my on the go kit.

asnpd.jpg

Water bottle for the smooth flow
Contacts case for my storage

Crazy Amazon price too. Almost 50% cheaper in a matter of 7 months.

PB88123,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Okay, so the AC adapter is No Joke. Game Changer. Big Time. It improves the performance of my equipment. My DART is running with extra pizzazz. Like, I didn't have to re-load it where usually I would have re-loaded it, and I still pulled several great large hits. T1? Awesome. It pushes that heat ever so slightly more intensely, and it shows in the ramp-up time for the heat. Less prime time required (more instantaneous on-demand heat) and the heat intensifies more effortlessly, without you having to begin the draw more lightly, as I find of benefit with batteries deployed for the same job. As I suspected, this adapter immensely improves what was already a fantastic device by my estimation, and truly is going to have my desktop vapes playing the role of backseat second-fiddle bygones. Using this through a 14" bong, the vapor delivery was more thick, and quick, and still smooth, and deliciously on-point. Good work TV!! I have not used Pipe's supply as a fair matter of comparison, but this thing effin' rocks these devices! Can't wait to try it out with my glass mouthpiece when that arrives! :drool:

Cheers!! :love:

Edit: And kudos to Pipes for his innovative breakthrough thinking outside the box!

Sir

Intellectual Badass
Ahh wow, I was in this thread on like page 78, so I don't think anyone will remember me.

I'm the guy who paid for a vaporizer to be sent to his buddy's house while he was gone, and someone stole it from there porch.

I just wanted to update everyone.

I bought another, and I love it. As well as the revolution. It's amazing, stealthy, smooth as fuck, and delicious.

Get. One.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Glad you finally got to use it. I bet the dick who stole it can't even figure out how to use it. Probably thinks its broken haha.

darkrom,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Ahh wow, I was in this thread on like page 78, so I don't think anyone will remember me.

I'm the guy who paid for a vaporizer to be sent to his buddy's house while he was gone, and someone stole it from there porch.

I just wanted to update everyone.

I bought another, and I love it. As well as the revolution. It's amazing, stealthy, smooth as fuck, and delicious.

Get. One.
I remember that, your friends brother IIRC. Guess he never gave it back. Creep.
At least you finially have your new toy. And a good one at that.
Enjoy it as took long enough to get it.
Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: OF

prk

Hey guys, hadn't seen anyone post yet about the glass mouthpieces, so I thought I'd throw my :2c: in here...

This thing is awesome. Fit and finish are wonderful (as to be expected from two excellent vape companies (TV and Vriptech...) and it comes in a very nice little plastic tube for storage, like all the other TV accessories.

Really though, where this mouthpiece shines is in giving you feedback that the T1 is at the right temperature. Maybe it's that the glass is thinner, or more conductive than the standard stainless/delrin cap and mouthpiece, but this guy really lets you know when it's time to start drawing. As a result, I've been getting the best hits out of my T1 that I've ever had, and I've owned my unit since like February! All in all, a wonderful enhancement to an already awesome device.

However, I do have one (albeit minor) complaint. Unlike the regular mouthpiece and cap, there are no small holes in the top (since it's one piece of glass, not a couple pieces of delrin and SS) and also no way to hook up a device like a UFO or Smooth/Pure-Flow filter. As a result, unless you draw carefully, you are somewhat likely to end up with some plant matter in your mouth. Not the best experience. However with a little bit of practice, especially drawing at an angle (i.e. a little closer to perpendicular to the mouthpiece, as opposed to parallel to it) you can get the hang of it. I will be picking up some SS pipe screens today, to see if those improve this issue. I will report back with my findings...

Overall, though, I love it. And for the price, why not go get yourself one?

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did report a few pages back about the 14mm glass top, and mentioned that I put a 1/2" ss screen in mine, for the same reason. It fits right into the little space where the neck closes down. I don't have my glass mouth piece yet, so I am just assuming it's shaped very similar to the glass adapter. I also like how you can see your coil glowing sometimes, if the herb is loose enough in there. Looking forward to having the glass mouthpiece too. The 14mm adapter is great and does work as a mouth piece too.

**I have to admit, I have been absent from most of my other vapes these past few days, having a fling with my new Cloud...

prk

I did report a few pages back about the 14mm glass top, and mentioned that I put a 1/2" ss screen in mine, for the same reason. It fits right into the little space where the neck closes down... [snip]

Ah somehow I missed that... You are spot on here jamb - MUCH better with a screen. I could only get smaller or bigger (in my case I think its 3/4" so I had to cut it down) screens but it works great. I swear though, this glass mouthpiece is amazing! I'm getting rips out of my T1 unlike ever before! The sensitivity to it being at heat makes a world of difference. Wow. This + my Omicron cart (and adapter) are making my head spin as of late... Love me some technology!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'd been neglecting my T1 lately as I've been preoccupied with some new toys. I thought I'd remedy that, so I loaded a bowl of OG Kush and have been relaxing here watching the Olympics and getting lots of tasty rips off of my trusty T1. It actually makes watching really ugly women elbow each other in the face an enjoyable experience. :ko:

I had almost forgotten how well this thing hits and the flavor it allows to come through.

I didn't even charge my batteries and they had been sitting for at least a month.

:peace:

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I'd been neglecting my T1 lately as I've been preoccupied with some new toys.
I had almost forgotten how well this thing hits and the flavor it allows to come through.

I didn't even charge my batteries and they had been sitting for at least a month.

:peace:
just had the same experience thanks for encouraging me to bring it out for a session (except I filled a arizer disk with jack herer kief popped it in my t1 and :mmmm:)

chant121

Hey guys, wondered if you could answer my questions..

I wondered if it is best to keep the batteries not in use for long periods of time fully charged for the best health and longevity?

are the glass bubbler add-ons going to be an ongoing product into the future ?

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
yes better to keep the 3.0's at near full or full capacity for storage. glass bubbler add ons? do you mean the mouthpieces?

kushcabbage,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thanks OF, so if I am reading it right I can take a bunch of breaths to heat then take the hit. If that is correct and I pass the learning curve this might work for me. Would it make a difference getting the T1 or the evolution?
If it doesn't work it would just be a waste of money since I have zero patience on reselling anything or even returning stuff for that matter.

I sometimes do a series of puffs like I was hitting a blunt almost with my T1. IMO the evo is going to require a longer draw and seems like it would be more of a pain in the ass for you than the T1. More power, faster heat, less sucky sucky.

darkrom,

togepi258

Okay, maybe someone can help me. My old ThermoVape stopped working, so I sent it back and bought a new one. I used it earlier, and got the usual great hits. On my third bowl, I could not get vapor anymore. It's still heating up. The core is plenty hot... But I CAN'T get vapor. I've gone through 4 sets of batteries, and can't vaporize this bowl. The core is glowing.... I'm so confused.

togepi258,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Okay, maybe someone can help me. My old ThermoVape stopped working, so I sent it back and bought a new one. I used it earlier, and got the usual great hits. On my third bowl, I could not get vapor anymore. It's still heating up. The core is plenty hot... But I CAN'T get vapor. I've gone through 4 sets of batteries, and can't vaporize this bowl. The core is glowing.... I'm so confused.

Hey, Lets see if we can diagnose what is happening with your T1.

When you fire the core look down into the bowl where the coils are, can you see two coils glowing or only one glowing. They should be pretty distinct and noticeable. If you only see one glowing then shoot us an e-mail at sales@thermovape.com and we can get you setup again.

Let me know.

Cheers,
Tim

togepi258

Hey Tim, thanks for the quick response. Actually, one coil is not lighting up as much as the other. That must be it. I ordered this one on Amazon. I'll send it to them. Thanks again

togepi258,
Hey Tim, thanks for the quick response. Actually, one coil is not lighting up as much as the other. That must be it. I ordered this one on Amazon. I'll send it to them. Thanks again
Just would like to let everyone know that this exact problem happened to me AND I purchased my T1 from amazon as well :disgust:Thermovape support is very quick though and didn't even require me showing my proof of purchase (which is the only thing easy with amazon). Already have my replacement core and that happened not more than a week ago. I don't know if its shear luck or if amazon is crapping on Thermovapes name. Either way buyer beware about ordering this unit from amazon despite the very decent price difference.

also togepi258 which color and from what buyer did your order yours from? mine was sold on amazon and fulfilled by DAJ Distribution just comparing for seller profile ratings...

JoeFinny,

prk

Ah somehow I missed that... You are spot on here jamb - MUCH better with a screen. I could only get smaller or bigger (in my case I think its 3/4" so I had to cut it down) screens but it works great. I swear though, this glass mouthpiece is amazing! I'm getting rips out of my T1 unlike ever before! The sensitivity to it being at heat makes a world of difference. Wow. This + my Omicron cart (and adapter) are making my head spin as of late... Love me some technology!

Ah fuck. Word of warning to you all, this is not as durable glass (maybe having to do with thickness) as some pieces - I just had one minor-ish drop onto a wood floor and she's a goner :(....:doh: So treat these babies carefully, or at least more carefully than me.

Time to order another, hope it they aren't back ordered!....

prk,

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
I'm a HUGE ThermoVape fan. Bought my 1st T1 just after NewYears, right behind OF and the other "earlies". I own 2 T1s, A Revolution and an Evolution and love and use them all (pretty much daily, the T1s 3x a day) as well as the many an varied accessories I've purchased for them (including the recently released PA which i use daily and think is a great piece of kit!)....

I've even had my share of ups and downs w/Heatercore and multiple bad switch issues but ThermoVape has always come through and made good and i recommend them highly to friends and associates looking for a great portable vape (medicinal or otherwise)

That being said, I find myself more than a bit disappointed by both the glass 14mm gong adapter and the glass mouthpiece.

The problem is simple; my ground flowers (no-matter the grind; fine, medium or coarse) pretty much shoot straight up into my mouth (or down into my waterpipe, bubbler, etc.). I tried adjusting my holding position (horizontal to vertical and many, many angles in between), my draw style, strength and speed and while some adjustments (combined w/certain grinds) yield somewhat better results; the reality is the same: I'm repeatedly getting consistent bits of flowers in my mouth/bong throughout the use of either of the new glass pieces....

Using a stainless stee or brassl screen does work but also defeats the purpose of an all glass vapor path doesn't it??

I don't use a screen on either T1 normally, never had to and have never had any real issues up to this point.

Seems they could/should have a glass screen (ala either the 'jacks' sort used in today's glass "push" bowls or the better. built-in glass-screened "disc" bowls such as made by Phx, the Wilson brothers and other), engineered into the design. Even something like they build into the higher end gong carbon filters would've been better than the current design IMHO.

I'm going to try using one of the aforementioned glass "jacks" style screens to see if that helps any.

I'm interested to know how it's going for the others that got the new glass pieces.....

Chance2Vape,
Reactions: rufrothy

jpdnkstr

I'm a HUGE ThermoVape fan. Bought my 1st T1 just after NewYears, right behind OF and the other "earlies". I own 2 T1s, A Revolution and an Evolution and love and use them all (pretty much daily, the T1s 3x a day) as well as the many an varied accessories I've purchased for them (including the recently released PA which i use daily and think is a great piece of kit!)....

I've even had my share of ups and downs w/Heatercore and multiple bad switch issues but ThermoVape has always come through and made good and i recommend them highly to friends and associates looking for a great portable vape (medicinal or otherwise)

That being said, I find myself more than a bit disappointed by both the glass 14mm gong adapter and the glass mouthpiece.

The problem is simple; my ground flowers (no-matter the grind; fine, medium or coarse) pretty much shoot straight up into my mouth (or down into my waterpipe, bubbler, etc.). I tried adjusting my holding position (horizontal to vertical and many, many angles in between), my draw style, strength and speed and while some adjustments (combined w/certain grinds) yield somewhat better results; the reality is the same: I'm repeatedly getting consistent bits of flowers in my mouth/bong throughout the use of either of the new glass pieces....

Using a stainless stee or brassl screen does work but also defeats the purpose of an all glass vapor path doesn't it??

I don't use a screen on either T1 normally, never had to and have never had any real issues up to this point.

Seems they could/should have a glass screen (ala either the 'jacks' sort used in today's glass "push" bowls or the better. built-in glass-screened "disc" bowls such as made by Phx, the Wilson brothers and other), engineered into the design. Even something like they build into the higher end gong carbon filters would've been better than the current design IMHO.

I'm going to try using one of the aforementioned glass "jacks" style screens to see if that helps any.

I'm interested to know how it's going for the others that got the new glass pieces.....
Posts like these are what make FC so great, and the products will continue to improve at a staggering pace due to instant user feedback. I'll say it again.... I love this place!

Keep up the good work TV, I love my LV dart, and will be trying a Pureflow filter and Alpha Ultra power supply, and hopefully a T1 soon!

EDIT: Oh yeah, Wilson Glass Rocks!

OF

I hear what your saying, and while it true a SS screen isn't glass, I'm not sure I agree it defeats the purpose. The idea is, I think, to avoid materials that might contribute anything (of a gas nature) to the vapor production? For sure the system is not "all glass", nor could it be without indirect heating. For openers, there's a lot of hot metal down there. Much hotter than the screen will ever get. And the bowl itself is metal. The key is, I think, to have inert materials in play? Stainless steel can be counted on to be inert in this application I think. The heater element is basically the same sort of stuff (less Iron, more other elements) and as I said much hotter (and therefore of concern?).

I'm sure a Nickle plated Aluminum plate with holes like the top cap could be rigged up but when I briefly tested one of the prototypes I just used a SS screen and I guess noticed no adverse effect. Then again, I didn't really object too much to the original cap, so what do I know? Perhaps some sort of a glass screen could be provided (I'd be shocked if this wasn't investigated by TV, wouldn't you?) but I'd see it as a part that might easily get broken in handling and cleaning and if it was a part of the adapter would add a lot to the cost (and cost of upkeep if you started breaking or chipping them).

Hey, this is Free Market Capitalism in full glory. If the demand is there, I'll bet TV makes it happen? Assuming it's practical of course.

OF

Edit: Ms JAM has shaken my memory loose a bit. As I recall the prototype I got (a GonG thing) there was a lip of sorts I managed to 'hang' either a 5/8 or 1/2 inch screen from. In all fairness, I'm not sure I really tested it without all that well thinking back. A few tokes into it, I pulled a little hard and got a bunch of herb for my troubles so I stopped and looked for a screen.

It does eliminate Delrin of course, but also the materials (including the tube) typically used as well. But for the purist, I'm wondering if what's needed isn't something different. Something with glass 'screens' above and below the load so the metal of the bowl is removed as well?

I suspect one of the glass grids in that same range (1/2 to 5/8) should lie on top of the load nicely? OF

Chance2Vape

VapulatrixonifierDlx
... The idea is, I think, to avoid materials that might contribute anything (of a gas nature) to the vapor production? For sure the system is not "all glass", nor could it be without indirect heating. For openers, there's a lot of hot metal down there. Much hotter than the screen will ever get. And the bowl itself is metal. The key is, I think, to have inert materials in play? Stainless steel can be counted on to be inert in this application I think. The heater element is basically the same sort of stuff (less Iron, more other elements) and as I said much hotter (and therefore of concern?).

Ok yeah, I hear ya' but the old mouthpiece avoided all those things as well so I guess I thought the reason for the glass was as to not add any potential "flavors" (SS, aluminum or delrin taste, imagined or otherwise) after the flowers themselves (as the air and any added "flavor" comes up through them and i imagine are somewhat filtered by them?) just a thought

.....and yeah, for sure I thought that TV must've at least considered the built-in glass screen/disc screen option I guess I wonder what precluded them adopting it or a variation thereOF....

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I just put a SS 1/2" screen up inside the neck of my 14mm glass top, where it begins to taper. I thought about trying one of the honeycomb glass screens, but can't figure out how it would stay in place like the SS screen does. I saw the size of the hole in the stem, and knew immediately it was going to be an issue, esp. if you use it upside down on a glass piece. I don't mind the SS screen, it's simple, easy to replace, and stays put when in use. If TV comes up with a reasonable glass alternative, I would be happy to check it out. ;)

PB88123

Vaporist

When I first saw these glass pieces I mentioned, "I'm wondering how the all glass adapters keep the herb from falling out when upside down. Must be something in there."

In the end it looks like you have to add your own little stopper instead. A screen of some sort will do.

Top Bottom