Discontinued ThermoVape

ugobo

I'm now on page 156 of this thread. It's incredible how many techniques and tips are shared in this thread! It's also incredible to notice how many people "did'nt get it" and how the love for this vaporizer is shared. Basicaly,it's a love/hate story!

I for myself just performed my sixth or seventh session with the T1 and it's getting better! In fact,WAY better. I think i "just got it". Allowing the heating core to get enough hot before drawing air into it,then draw to heat the material with hot air and only then it's ready to inhale. The flavor... WOW!

I'll continue to read the thread in my spare time. Right now i have only praise and love for my Thermovape!!!

OF

It's also incredible to notice how many people "did'nt get it" and how the love for this vaporizer is shared. Basicaly,it's a love/hate story!

I for myself just performed my sixth or seventh session with the T1 and it's getting better! In fact,WAY better. I think i "just got it". Allowing the heating core to get enough hot before drawing air into it,then draw to heat the material with hot air and only then it's ready to inhale. The flavor... WOW!

Boy, ain't that the truth! Lots of folks start out not liking it, then come to love it when they figure it out. Makes a guy wonder if some just gave up too soon, doesn't it?

Congrats, sounds like you broke the code all right. 3 steps. The first and second are key I think. "Let it run" is solid advice for sure.

Glad to hear the worm has turned for you.

Keep at it, it's a great tool for the job for sure. But like most tools, it takes a craftsman to use it right. And practice, lots and lots of practice......

OF

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I'm now on page 156 of this thread. It's incredible how many techniques and tips are shared in this thread! It's also incredible to notice how many people "did'nt get it" and how the love for this vaporizer is shared. Basicaly,it's a love/hate story!

I'll continue to read the thread in my spare time. Right now i have only praise and love for my Thermovape!!!

Very good, glad your enjoying it!

Boy, ain't that the truth! Lots of folks start out not liking it, then come to love it when they figure it out. Makes a guy wonder if some just gave up too soon, doesn't it?

Congrats, sounds like you broke the code all right. 3 steps. The first and second are key I think. "Let it run" is solid advice for sure.

Glad to hear the worm has turned for you.

Keep at it, it's a great tool for the job for sure. But like most tools, it takes a craftsman to use it right. And practice, lots and lots of practice......

OF

You are right with the "let it run" tip! That has got to be the #1 reason for people feeling they arent getting any vapor.

Anyone confused about the "warm up" heres the lay down,

1. Put fresh batteries in
2. fill bowl with a fine loose grind
3. put cap on and turn unit on
4. keep unit on WITHOUT inhaling
5. after ~10 seconds of warmup start to inhale
6. While starting to inhale try puffing it so that you can see what the vapor production looks like
7. when vapor production looks right start your long steady inhale
8. open cap and look at your material, flip material over and look at the bottom of it.
9. if the material has really dark spots then inhale slightly faster on the next hit to cool it off or, if there's no vapor then inhale slower.
10. Stir material between every few hits, and repeat

I hope that helps anyone who's having trouble.

Tim

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
OK everyone!

The Glass mouthpieces came in, and again we got slightly lower quantity than expected due to everyone keeping the Quality Control high. We have 15 Good ones that we started shipping out, the next batch should be shipped in a week or so.

I apologize for these coming in slower than what we all thought, but we have to make sure only quality pieces are sent out our doors. We test fit every single one to make sure that the O-ring fits properly.

If anyone has a concern about when their order is going to come in, please e-mail us at sales@thermovape.com and we can try to ship out the other items of your order first.

Cheers,

Tim

P.S. There's another sale going everyone, Check us out at Fab.com for all the sale prices on kits. They are selling out fast!

VAPORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

With My Evolution 6V, I followed the tips above, used a fine grind, kept the switch on for over a minute before my first inhale, and kept it switched on throughout. I managed 3 nice clouds of vapor. TV need to change the standard instructions in line with all the findings on this forum.

Thanks to TV, OF, and all those who replied to my posts.

lovecarrots,
Reactions: OF

OF

VAPORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

With My Evolution 6V, I followed the tips above, used a fine grind, kept the switch on for over a minute before my first inhale, and kept it switched on throughout. I managed 3 nice clouds of vapor. TV need to change the standard instructions in line with all the findings on this forum.

Thanks to TV, OF, and all those who replied to my posts.

You're very welcome, thanks for the good news.

I think you'll find as you gain experience with it that you'll end up cutting back the preheat time and modifying your technique to be more in line 'with the book'. Follow with what works, the machine really does 'want to teach you how to use it' if you'll only listen a bit.

I think the key is to think about 3 steps. You need a hot core, then you need to control the heat transfer up before finally getting a hit. You'll have it down to a near automatic 20 or so seconds before you know it. You just need a lot of practice.....so get to it, lad!

Best wishes.

OF

OF,
I just received my power adapter and my Evo 6V. Just like when magic flight released their PA it really turns the T1 into a bigger beast than it already is. With the addition of the PA the T1 can now compete with desktop vapes. Whats really cool (probably been mentioned already) is that the base for the PA can be converted to a portable with the addition of a standard battery sleeve and batteries ofcourse. Last night i mixed some bubble hash with some kush and put it in the T1.....my lungs did not want to welcome the large volume of sweet vapes.

zombonaut

I just picked up a T1 on amazon for $120, tried a first bowl and accidentally combusted. Ick. Guess I still have a lot to learn. My unit is interesting, it has an engraving on the bottom about Cannabis Cup 2012 San Francisco. And the battery tube was not the soda bottle type I saw in the unboxing videos. It was a flimsier version. Can't complain for the price assuming that I end up liking the device.

zombonaut,

aj0125

After being disappointed with my puffit I was asking on that thread about the T1 and other vapes. OF, if I understood right, said the T1 requires stirring every hit or 2 while the Evolution can be vaped completely without stirring. Does anyone have any other comments about the comparison of these two units. i think my choice is now down to these two.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
After being disappointed with my puffit I was asking on that thread about the T1 and other vapes. OF, if I understood right, said the T1 requires stirring every hit or 2 while the Evolution can be vaped completely without stirring. Does anyone have any other comments about the comparison of these two units. i think my choice is now down to these two.
another few options are the solo, and inhalator both very interesting units along with the t1 and evo. Though if you absolutely want to go thermovape, I wouldn't blame you 100% american made with great customer service is a no brainer. I would go with the t1 over the evolution. The evolution will not produce much vapor for most users, yet the t1 usually evenly finishes a bowl to brown. I always used the kind of metal disks that fit in the arizer extreme type whip. Found I can pre pack a number of disks and batteries accordingly to suit my evening out. The disks provide very even baking with no stirring needed. But lately have found my needs suited by a product called the inhalater, but its kinda new and not many reviews. To each his own, we all got to find our vapor niche. Also note that there are two versions of the evo, a standard version (two 3.0 v batteries at 6.0 volts) or one battery at 3.7 volts. Both have slightly different results/applications but note they do get quite hot even with the shield.

kushcabbage,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Evo is convenient disacreet and quick overall. Approx- 7-9 hits

T1 is tasty, more fiddling with load, holds about 1/3 more. Approx- 9-12 hits.
For power, the T1 is harder on batteries then the Evo. So more care should be taken to change before over heating deteriorates the performance. You need a good supply of batteries. Should have a minimum of 6 (3 sets) IMHO, 6 working and 4+ in storage for future needs.

Both devices are good with trade offs.

Also, T1 must use the TV power handle whereas the Rev can run off any 510 thread with caution to the heat and power been accounted for.

Pipes

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
kush cabbage, I am new to vapes in general so can you explain these disks. If I understand you correctly you are loading disks and putting them in the T1 which avoids cleaning and helps with changing to new bowl and emptying. Does it effect airflow if this is correct? I looked on arizer's website and didn't see any disks so I am confused as always.

Oh Pipes thanks for adding to my confusion lol.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
kush cabbage, I am new to vapes in general so can you explain these disks. If I understand you correctly you are loading disks and putting them in the T1 which avoids cleaning and helps with changing to new bowl and emptying. Does it effect airflow if this is correct? I looked on arizer's website and didn't see any disks so I am confused as always.
these kind of things: http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extreme-Vaporizer-Screen-Set/dp/B002J9ZL7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343339971&sr=8-1&keywords=arizer screen
they do a great job of not letting any particulates into the heating chamber, keeps the inside brand new looking, and make ease of changing bowls easy, also just turning the chamber around will kind of stir it (ie let the air path change over the herb) I've never heard of anyone else using them in their t1 but I find they work and fit great. I used to carry a few disks, and just as many batteries as I had disks for, so very helpful keeping me organized. Airflow is really not affected.. but I find a more packed bowl in these disks will get you more visible dense vapor. I have never combusted with them.

The evo your going to need a packing/emptying tool or just bang it against something (not recommended)

kushcabbage,

Dreamerr

hmmmmmmm I still haven't decided between the evo or t1 but I am wondering if those vapir 5.0 which had closed disks would work. I have only seen them once when trying a friends vape but it looks the same size as those screens. Wouldn't that be a great way to carry no spillage.

Dreamerr,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
hmm.. the vapir 5.0 is loud, clumsy, uses a bag, isn't portable, and uses a bigger different size disk. But don't get me started on that vape.. have nothing nice to say, period.

kushcabbage,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
the disk arizer extreme and other whip types use is an open ended screen, as they don't clip together like the ones the vapir uses. Lol it's just funny you mentioned it, t'was my first vape :ko:

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
the disk arizer extreme and other whip types use is an open ended screen, as they don't clip together like the ones the vapir uses. Lol it's just funny you mentioned it, t'was my first vape :ko:
The Vapir Classic Digital Air piece of shit is what caused me to not want to vape for a good 8-9 years that followed. lol I hate that frickin' company with a passion. Off-gassing POS's.:rofl:

Dreamerr

Oh my look what I started. Be happy you got the thermal vape of whatever type and love it :clap:

Dreamerr,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
Hey!

Another run of glass just came in, mostly mouthpieces and some 14G. The next orders in line are starting to be shipped out as i speak.

Thanks for bearing with us everyone, your support is always greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Tim

aj0125

Just gave in a bought a black T1 on Amazon, too good of a price to pass it up. Now to begin the daunting task of reading 182 pages...or if any T1 vet wants to be a saint and pass on all of their ancient T1 wisdom condensed into a single post, I and many T1 newbies would be eternally grateful. If not, I totally understand and will begin sifting through this massive pile of information tomorrow while I patiently wait for my T1.

aj0125,
Reactions: Dreamerr
Top Bottom