Discontinued ThermoVape

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Just guessing, but think this might be the T2 which is on the horizon as kinda mentioned in previous posts. Agreed an update would be nice but there might be reasons for delays. They have been busy with new products these days. I know the EVO came from left field for me anyway. Fits my needs perfect.
IMO the current T1 tastes just great and really have a hard time thinking a "total" glass pathway could improve it much. :2c:
While I agree there is only marginal need for improvement in the taste department, it is an attractive accessory in my mind. If there are delays, they could kindly inform us. I don't understand how it's better to blow off an eager customer. I think the saying "Take my money" applies here.

:D

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Wonder if the silence means an announcement is close at hand. :/
You might be asking something they are finalising. Pricing, how to handle not to make previous buyers feel ripped off etc. All delicate when introducing a new product. Bet an answer comes sooner rather than later.
:clap:
Agree they should not just blow you off though.

Pipes,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Wonder if the silence means an announcement is close at hand. :/
You might be asking something they are finalising. Pricing, how to handle not to make previous buyers feel ripped off etc. All delicate when introducing a new product. Bet an answer comes sooner rather than later.
:clap:
I hope you are right about an imminent announcement Pipes. When TV mentioned it on 4/20, they said it would be an add-on accessory, so I don't think there's much concern about disenfranchising customers; nor does it appear this is the much-fabled T2...

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Indeed I did. And they blew off my personal message as well, Jam. Weird if you ask me... I wrote them earlier today asking why they are not replying to my questions about the glass air path. They've done nothing but act like I don't exist with regards to this question. Which is really kinda a creepy thing to do. If you didn't want to discuss it TV, you shouldn't have mentioned it to begin with. G's. Common sense, no?

I guess I'm having a little trouble figuring this all out. I understand they said they were working on some sort of glass accessory, I don't doubt that they are, do you? I also don't think they are ready to discuss it, or they most likely would do so with or without prompting. It seems clear to me that for whatever reason they do not want to discuss it right now.

What I can't see is any sort of obligation to be discussing their business plans on this forum. Fine if they want to, of course, but it's not a requirement. I know I'm about to get a 'well they shouldn't have said anything then', which I sort of believe is a good plan in the general case for a number or reasons including this one and tipping your hand to your competition needlessly. Doesn't change the fact that they were probably quite honest in that they are looking into it, nor do the rules mandate any answers. We are, after all, asking a man about his business..... It's not good manners to ask a rancher how many cattle he has.

I guess that's not how I see it. "Dear Abby" (Ann Landers' sister in fact) once posted her response to such things, 'you've just asked me a personal question, I hope you will excuse my not answering it in the same way I intend to excuse you for asking it'.

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I guess I'm having a little trouble figuring this all out. I understand they said they were working on some sort of glass accessory, I don't doubt that they are, do you? I also don't think they are ready to discuss it, or they most likely would do so with or without prompting. It seems clear to me that for whatever reason they do not want to discuss it right now.

What I can't see is any sort of obligation to be discussing their business plans on this forum. Fine if they want to, of course, but it's not a requirement. I know I'm about to get a 'well they shouldn't have said anything then', which I sort of believe is a good plan in the general case for a number or reasons including this one and tipping your hand to your competition needlessly. Doesn't change the fact that they were probably quite honest in that they are looking into it, nor do the rules mandate any answers. We are, after all, asking a man about his business..... It's not good manners to ask a rancher how many cattle he has.

I guess that's not how I see it. "Dear Abby" (Ann Landers' sister in fact) once posted her response to such things, 'you've just asked me a personal question, I hope you will excuse my not answering it in the same way I intend to excuse you for asking it'.

OF
OF, TV is the one who mentioned this, explicitly. It is not rumor, it is not hear-say. And it was furthermore specifically mentioned as being ready for release "soon" as an add-on accessory, as of 4/20. So, I guess I have a whole lot of trouble understanding why this silence on an issue that they previously whetted our appetite for, is called for here. I am perfectly prepared to sit back and await TV's response on this matter, but to chime in for the purpose of being an apologist for silence and blowing off what they already initiated mention of, just seems a little unprofessional. You really think you're accurately portraying the facts here?

I wonder how you'd feel if you asked a question about a matter that was openly, publicly discussed, and got completely, flat-out, ignored by a company. Wait, let me guess, that happens all the time, right? Well, it's not quality business practice in my book. There are a great many things which I like about TV, their customer service, and their products. But if we're being bluntly honest here, I don't think TV's silence is called for, neither is people rushing to their defense. If I were prying about a product that they themselves were not responsible for announcing publicly weeks ago would be imminently released, I would totally agree with you about your point about asking a rancher about his cattle, but publicly announcing a new product, on this very forum no-less, and then expecting nobody to inquire about it? That's just a bizarre expectation...

I think you're over-bearingly protecting the interests of a company, frankly. Why does it seem I am the only TV fan who is actually interested in whatever update TV can offer about a publicly announced product? This is really silly. I earnestly disagree with you, OF. You seem keen to defend them tooth and nail on this one, but it's their silence that is glaring. And I don't think anyone else can really speak on their behalf, or in their absence. It's just odd is all. Because I don't think any of us customers are here to be blown off or ignored and it definitely caught me by surprise, because it's out of character with the open dialogue TV has made with their customers by choosing to be on these boards. I guess you think that's how it should go down, and interestingly a few people seem to agree with you on that. That sounds more like the way I would expect things might operate on an industry-dominated board, for example. Telling me I have something to be "excused for" for asking the question? That really highlights our disagreement, OF. I'm not sorry I asked. (Unless we're being sarcastic here). I'm sorry TV chose to give a cold shoulder rather than an answer. I would implore them to reconsider how much confidence that practice stands to instill in their customers. When I pointed out that any answer is better than no answer at all, I'm not sure what about that request/statement sounds unreasonable. I'm not prying for trade secrets. I'm asking for an update. And that's what happens when you announce a product nearly 3 weeks ago and say it's going to be released soon. I don't get it... There was nothing wrong or inappropriate with me asking about it, so you'll forgive me not understanding this reception to my question.

:hmm:

PhreedomPhries,
Reactions: VaporBoxed

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hey guys I forgot about the all glass addon mentioned until today, and I'm antsy as shit to get it, but one thing worth noting...define soon. Its been under a month. Is that soon? Is a week soon to you? For the cloud folks a year + still counts as soon :lol: It's all relative.

I'd say they still fall within the "soon" time frame they gave for now.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I hate to say it, but it really seems as if you might be a little too fixated on this issue. I have been watching other threads here on FC where products have been "in the works" and some promise of release "coming soon", but nothing has been finalized after months of being told these things. Sometimes things just take time. There has to be some level of patience involved with allowing these companies to do what they are going to do with out being upset with them. This really isn't an issue of bad customer service when it is dealing with a not yet released product. If you had made a purchase, and were having trouble with getting it to work, and they were ignoring you, I could see how that would merit this level of response, but this just isn't the case. I don't know why there has been no reply from the TV team as of yet, can't answer for them myself, but to spend all this energy on being unhappy that there has not been an answer given yet on a product that is still being created, seems to me to be a waste of energy. For what ever reason this company isn't responding, I don't think you should be taking this so personally. Again, this is meant in the kindest way possible... I realize that nobody wants to feel ignored, but I think this situation requires a bit more patience.

OF

OF, TV is the one who mentioned this, explicitly. It is not rumor, it is not hear-say. And it was furthermore specifically mentioned as being ready for release "soon" as an add-on accessory, as of 4/20. So, I guess I have a whole lot of trouble understanding why this silence on an issue that they previously whetted our appetite for, is called for here. I am perfectly prepared to sit back and await TV's response on this matter, but to chime in for the purpose of being an apologist for silence and blowing off what they already initiated mention of, just seems a little unprofessional. You really think you're accurately portraying the facts here?

I wonder how you'd feel if you asked a question about a matter that was openly, publicly discussed, and got completely, flat-out, ignored by a company. Wait, let me guess, that happens all the time, right? Well, it's not quality business practice in my book. There are a great many things which I like about TV, their customer service, and their products. But if we're being bluntly honest here, I don't think TV's silence is called for, neither is people rushing to their defense. If I were prying about a product that they themselves were not responsible for announcing publicly weeks ago would be imminently released, I would totally agree with you about your point about asking a rancher about his cattle, but publicly announcing a new product, on this very forum no-less, and then expecting nobody to inquire about it? That's just a bizarre expectation...

I think you're over-bearingly protecting the interests of a company, frankly. Why does it seem I am the only TV fan who is actually interested in whatever update TV can offer about a publicly announced product? This is really silly. I earnestly disagree with you, OF. You seem keen to defend them tooth and nail on this one, but it's their silence that is glaring. And I don't think anyone else can really speak on their behalf, or in their absence. It's just odd is all. Because I don't think any of us customers are here to be blown off or ignored and it definitely caught me by surprise, because it's out of character with the open dialogue TV has made with their customers by choosing to be on these boards. I guess you think that's how it should go down, and interestingly a few people seem to agree with you on that. That sounds more like the way I would expect things might operate on an industry-dominated board, for example. Telling me I have something to be "excused for" for asking the question? That really highlights our disagreement, OF. I'm not sorry I asked. (Unless we're being sarcastic here). I'm sorry TV chose to give a cold shoulder rather than an answer. I would implore them to reconsider how much confidence that practice stands to instill in their customers. When I pointed out that any answer is better than no answer at all, I'm not sure what about that request/statement sounds unreasonable. I'm not prying for trade secrets. I'm asking for an update. And that's what happens when you announce a product nearly 3 weeks ago and say it's going to be released soon. I don't get it... There was nothing wrong or inappropriate with me asking about it, so you'll forgive me not understanding this reception to my question.

:hmm:

Well I guess I called this one coming?

As I just related to you off line, asking the question is fine. Asking a couple of times, maybe, but belaboring the point I think ignores their right to not answer. They are under no obligation to do so, perfectly within their rights as I see it for any number of reasons that only have to seem good to them. We are owed nothing past the contract we enter into with them when we buy their products....it's the way it works in our system.

What is soon to one guy can of course be an eternity to others, I get that. But I don't think they're deaf or evil.

I just don't hold with impugning folks and feel we're starting to move that way. One might even see it as trying to put pressure on them to do something they apparently don't want to do (give an honest update or a lie?). You've welcome to characterize my motives however you wish, same as theirs. I fancy my objections to be based on other than a hidden agenda (I've felt this way about such things long before TV), but that's important only to me. I expect to draw some heat, but principle often makes that happen I guess. I think I've already expressed myself sufficiently, but am happy to try again if necessary?

I understand the wait is hard. You want it now, a fairly common thing these days. I'm sorry it's not released and a great success, as I'm sure you are. For whatever reason, TV is not happy with it at present and doesn't think it's ready. I believe we'll be told when the time is right. I understand it's an entirely different model than THC uses, folks can decide for themselves which they like best....and spend their money accordingly.

OF

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Hey guys I forgot about the all glass addon mentioned until today, and I'm antsy as shit to get it, but one thing worth noting...define soon. Its been under a month. Is that soon? Is a week soon to you? For the cloud folks a year + still counts as soon :lol: It's all relative.

I'd say they still fall within the "soon" time frame they gave for now.
And I'd say blowing off an inquiry posted in a thread, and by personal message is just a little rude. People don't come here to ask questions about products that retailers announced and expect to have their time wasted. If TV wants to be here to tout and market their products, they ought be prepared for the questions that ensue. This isn't rocket science.

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Well I guess I called this one coming?

As I just related to you off line, asking the question is fine. Asking a couple of times, maybe, but belaboring the point I think ignores their right to not answer. They are under no obligation to do so, perfectly within their rights as I see it for any number of reasons that only have to seem good to them. We are owed nothing past the contract we enter into with them when we buy their products....it's the way it works in our system.

What is soon to one guy can of course be an eternity to others, I get that. But I don't think they're deaf or evil.

I just don't hold with impugning folks and feel we're starting to move that way. One might even see it as trying to put pressure on them to do something they apparently don't want to do (give an honest update or a lie?). You've welcome to characterize my motives however you wish, same as theirs. I fancy my objections to be based on other than a hidden agenda (I've felt this way about such things long before TV), but that's important only to me. I expect to draw some heat, but principle often makes that happen I guess. I think I've already expressed myself sufficiently, but am happy to try again if necessary?

I understand the wait is hard. You want it now, a fairly common thing these days. I'm sorry it's not released and a great success, as I'm sure you are. For whatever reason, TV is not happy with it at present and doesn't think it's ready. I believe we'll be told when the time is right. I understand it's an entirely different model than THC uses, folks can decide for themselves which they like best....and spend their money accordingly.

OF
FC states that retailers are to be prepared for questions if they start a product page. Being prepared for questions, means being prepared to answer questions. That goes part & parcel if you ask me. TV shouldn't have mentioned the product 3 weeks ago if they didn't want to discuss it. That onus lies on them. It's not my fault the cat's out of the bag... And I'm not impugning any reputation here. However, sometimes silence does speak volumes. Breaking the silence is always an option. Hmm...

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
One might even see it as trying to put pressure on them to do something they apparently don't want to do (give an honest update or a lie?).

OF

I just see this as a simple case of putting pressure on TV to do what they are tasked with doing; by making their decision to be here on these forums and making a product page, they are supposed to be prepared for questions. In my mind, that means being prepared to answer questions. Particularly general ones that can be given a general answer (if that's their prerogative) about a product they themselves announced (but now don't want to discuss)? I don't think that's what these forums are for. That sounds like a retailer can get to have their cake and eat it too, if you're suggesting they can just pick and choose which questions they will deem worthy of the time of day, OF. We customers are here for information. Whose interests are you trying to protect? I feel the interests of customers and retailers ought both be respected on these forums, and that's not what happens when a customer inquiry is blown off.

PhreedomPhries,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
*edited*
smiley.jpg

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
As you all know our products are all built in a machine shop, this is a far thing from a glass studio. We are working with a local Nor-Cal glass blower to bring you the "All glass Vapor path" as soon as we can.

It should be available around the end of May, but its release date is purely dependant on when we get all the parts made.

2012-05-09_09-15-12_866.jpg

2012-05-09_09-05-34_353.jpg

Hopefully this calms the storms! ;)
Absolutely appreciated! Thank you TC Tim. A photo is more than I hoped for even. Needless to say, this thing looks awesome. I look forward to the launch.

:rockon:

PhreedomPhries,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I'm sorry guys we had to pull the post. The air path will be released but the prototype we have now isnt a perfect representation of what the final production model will be, This is to avoid any confusion on the final products specs.

It will be released around the end of may as long as our glass parts come in.

Once we have a final prototype I will post pictures of it, but until that time there's not going to be many updates on the "glass air path"

Cheers,

Tim

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
I'm sorry guys we had to pull the post. The air path will be released but the prototype we have now isnt a perfect representation of what the final production model will be, This is to avoid any confusion on the final products specs.

It will be released around the end of may as long as our glass parts come in.

Once we have a final prototype I will post pictures of it, but until that time there's not going to be many updates on the "glass air path"

Cheers,

Tim
Fair enough. Thank you for the reply Tim.

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
OF was right, we aren't ready for a release yet.

Tim
Prescient, that OF. Maybe you guys should start letting him speak with a little more authority, if he is as well-informed as to be able to psychically divine facts that contradict your earlier statements... I know I would take OF's word with a little more weight if I knew he was qualified to speak on your behalf, in your absence...

PhreedomPhries,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Prescient, that OF. Maybe you guys should start letting him speak with a little more authority, if he is as well-informed as to be able to psychically divine facts that contradict your earlier statements... I know I would take OF's word with a little more weight if I knew he was qualified to speak on your behalf, in your absence...

Please don't do this again...

Top Bottom