Discontinued ThermoVape

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
To be honest the whole reason this came about was more of a learning tool as I had battery troubles initially. It is definitely great for fine tuning your technique of using the T1. Now I can get easily visible vapor even on the first hit on batteries. Once the falling battery performance as session proceeds is out of the equation, you can really learn to feel with the taste whats happening. To the point that you can get the most out of them. (less screw ups while inhaling).
As for your thinking of a partnership with TV, I'm just in it for the fun and hobby end of it. Not really for any big gains by no means. Just enjoying my TV is good for me.
Trust me, I'm not that smart in many things....
:cheers:
It may have started as a hobby, but a damned good idea it is. The most evident drawback of this device is its limited battery life coupled with sizable recharge time. If it was able to be powered with a cord when portability is not necessary, it would be more than just a little helpful. Many people, I imagine, would start, if they do not already, to use their T1 much more often at home. Best of luck sorting out your battery woes, Pipes.

PhreedomPhries,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
No definitely not. If going DC it requires 6 V with 6 amp available. The supply really needs to be designed for 6 VDC out as with 12 V you still need to bring it down to 6, therefore back to heat dissipation problems for the extra.
To overcome this I opted for the AC 1/2 wave rectification to bring the average voltage down to 6 V. Or you can look at it as getting 12 volts 1/2 the time.
Even at that I had to add extra diodes to take the voltage down a bit further. Now bare in mind I tested and tweaked power for the T1. It has come to light that this method is not to be used with the REV as the average voltage spikes higher do to the higher element resistance.
BB, good to see others looking at possible solutions and might hit the answer for a cheap supply.
Thanks,

Try finding a 6 vac 5-6 amp transformer and you could go with no diodes at all but would be at the mercy of the characteristics of the transformer. Their voltage vary with load.
Hope this helps,;)
Pipes

Pipes, am I missing something again? It seems to me that in your earlier post, you intially said it needs 6vDC, but then seem to be saying to look for a 6vAC transformer. And I believe, from your thorough initial posting, that it is indeed 6vDC that you achieved (with the application of rectification to your 12vAC). So, 6vAC would be the wrong spec to look for in a transformer; it is 6vDC to look for, correct?

PhreedomPhries,

OF

Pipes, am I missing something again? It seems to me that in your earlier post, you intially said it needs 6vDC, but then seem to be saying to look for a 6vAC transformer. And I believe, from your thorough initial posting, that it is indeed 6vDC that you achieved (with the application of rectification to your 12vAC). So, 6vAC would be the wrong spec to look for in a transformer; it is 6vDC to look for, correct?

Watts is Watts. Electron friction. DC (all one way) or AC (back and forth) doesn't matter. In fact we rate AC voltages in RMS (not peak, average or anything else) for precisely this reason. It's the DC voltage value that will give you the same heat as that much AC in that load. 70.7% of the peak for sine waves. If you could find a 6.3 VRMS filament transformer it's would be nearly ideal for the job, 5% high, about perfect to make up for wiring losses. That would, in fact, be my first suggestion. Pipes just made do with the transformers he found in a clever way.

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
OF is exactly right. As usual. If anyone interested this is the schematic. I changed the input voltage to 148 as in real life I measured 14.8 Volts on output of 10:1 transformer without load.
Also, looks like a lot of diodes but really just two sets of bridge rectifiers.
And the scope is 20 volts per division.
PASchematic.jpg

:worms:
EDIT: LOL was just looking and found a circuit mistake. Would not effect in this virtual world but interested if anyone points it out....

Pipes,
Reactions: vorrange

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
At Thermo Essence Technologies we are always working towards developing a product that fits our customer’s needs, your input is what shapes our innovative products and accessories.

Now we want to know how we can get our products to you and your friends with greater ease and less effort. Just tell us your favorite head shops, tobacco shops, smoke shops, dispensaries or local vaporizer suppliers so that you have more access to our devices.

Here’s how we will reward your assistance:

Give us 1-3 contacts and you’ll get 15% off your next order!

Give us 4-5 contacts and you’ll get 25% OFF your next order!!

Here’s the best part; if one of your referrals results in a new ThermoVape reseller, we will give you a $100 coupon for ThermoVape.com!!!!

Contacts MUST include: contact name, store/shop name, Phone #, e-mail address, postal address, shop type, and other vaporizers already carried.

Submit entries to info@thermovape.com

Cheers,
Tim

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
How long is the battery life?
I find the battery life sufficient for approx. 8-10 long draws. I find this can be enough to get through 2 bowls; sometimes 1 1/2. Packing to the brim loosely with medium to fine ground material, as TV recommends, I find to be best as well. You get thicker vapor, and it spends the material more efficiently/quickly overall. Though, you can pack a 1/2 full chamber and I find that will usually be pretty spent within 3-4 hits, so that is suitable when you think you may have only 4 good hits left, rather than the 5-6 it may take for a larger bowl, particularly if it is the second one on the same set of ~half-spent batteries.

Hope this helps?

btw, This thing does wonders through a glass piece. You can really get it perfectly milky with smooth, blue-tinged vapor that is simultaneously sweet and savory, and deliciously just short of any combustion. Particularly when sucking through glass, I find it is possible to get it hot enough to combust, but only if you over-preheat the chamber and take a ridiculously long draw.

PB88123

Vaporist
It took me 5 months to vape an ounce. I used the T1 4 out of the 5 months. I used the T1 everyday and averaged 1.4g / week. That's 2-3 bowls a day. I would be able to get around 12-15 hits a bowl with some high grade stuff. I've noticed if I'm not getting good hits towards the end I'll break it up a little bit while everything is in the cap with my SSV pick and I'll get another good hit and I'll do that a few times.

I didn't do this at first but now I change the batteries after 3-5 hits if possible in hopes my batteries will have a longer life. I found the battery life to last around 10-11 hits with around a 25 second inhale when I ran it till the battery died. There has been over 5,000 hits and I still use the 12 batteries I got when I first got the device although some fresh batteries won't get the core hot enough like when they were new. Example: I'll be using my glass and put in a fresh pair and notice it won't milk the tube like a different fresh pair will.

I have not boiled my core in over a month and it still works great. I run the top cap under hot water in a sink and then dry it. If I can't do that I just blow into the mouth piece with the top cap off to unclog it. I also have not washed my battery sleeve in vinegar as it keeps sliding up easily for me.

I love how it's wind proof so if I'm biking I don't have to stop and if I drop it while biking and it lands in a puddle I can pick it back up and know there is a good chance that it will still work.

It was a long winter but now I get to see how this thing works in the summer heat and not the negative temperatures.

@PhreedomPhries when I first used it with my glass I was getting black specs but no combustion. I must have perfected my technique because everything ends up a nice brown now. I would load less and take shorter hits till I got used to it and now I am able to load more and hit that sweet spot every time.

darkrom

Great Scott!
So what would be the best attachment for someone who has a lot of dry sift? My sifter box is on the way :)

I have the T1 already. Wondering if the rev add on is my best bet for that or if one of the newer attachments is better. Any 1st hand experience?

darkrom,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Correct, forgot to spin it around. First time using that simulator package.
Pretty cool. Of course can't correct stupidity....lol Also, doesn't account for transformer loading or cable resistance neither but gets you on track.
Been quiet in this thread. Must mean everyone is enjoying the weekend.
:smug:

VolcAnTV

Great tool for mdicinals I must say the PA is great!... :haw:
Thanks again Pipes. Oh and should i unplug it while not in use or is it safe to leave plugged in?

VolcAnTV,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thanks again Pipes. Oh and should i unplug it while not in use or is it safe to leave plugged in?
Your quite welcome and glad it's doin the job.
I was leaving mine plugged in. Stays a little warm and I checked on it nightly...;)
But tend to unplug now as I don't like leaving an open connector lying around even if it's centre contact is hidden. And doesn't hurt to be safe.
:tup:

Pipes,
Reactions: VolcAnTV

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter

Volcan, where did you pick up the transistor? Did you find a good price for one?

PhreedomPhries,

Adobewan

Yes, props to Pipes for the PA. Was concerned because after purchase Pipes made a point to alert me that he wasn't sure if the PA would be compatible with the Revolution.
For all concerned, after discussing with Brendon at TV, the latest Revolution is of a more robust nature and can handle the PA so if you have a TV and/or Rev, give Pipes a shout out and get yourself something that elevates the TV/Rev experience quite a bit.
And I still highly recommend trying your Revolution on the Persei!

Adobewan,
Reactions: VolcAnTV

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Yes, props to Pipes for the PA. Was concerned because after purchase Pipes made a point to alert me that he wasn't sure if the PA would be compatible with the Revolution.
For all concerned, after discussing with Brendon at TV, the latest Revolution is of a more robust nature and can handle the PA so if you have a TV and/or Rev, give Pipes a shout out and get yourself something that elevates the TV/Rev experience quite a bit.
And I still highly recommend trying your Revolution on the Persei!
Pipes, are you still offering the PA's along with the passthrough? I was under the impression that you were now selling the PT's without a PA. I am interested in the set.

PhreedomPhries,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Is the revolution good for kief? Is that the best adapter for kief? I know there is also the dart, but isn't that for full melts?

darkrom,

OF

Is the revolution good for kief? Is that the best adapter for kief? I know there is also the dart, but isn't that for full melts?

Yes, you can do kief and bubble in Revolution, you need to stir between hits since it can't melt in, only the part touching the floor plate vapes. I use a wood toothpick through the window usually (pulling the top up, not twisting it which gets messy and hard to do after a bit) and find once it gets into a gooy lump it's actually pretty easy to deal with. I do maybe an 1/8 gram at at time, perhaps more.

Dart is not recommended.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
In your opinion is it worth getting the Rev for just dry sift kief? I have no other concentrates. I wish I could visualize the part where you "pull the top up" but I'll take your word on that. Not sure if it is worth the $85-100 for the adapter. I could also get a full rev not just the adapter on ebay for $120 apparently! I might get the full vape since it'll only be about $20 more than getting just the rev adapter for my T1.

The real question is would you bother with it for just kief, or am I better off saving my $ and just mixing it with bud in the T1?

darkrom,

OF

In your opinion is it worth getting the Rev for just dry sift kief? I have no other concentrates. I wish I could visualize the part where you "pull the top up" but I'll take your word on that. Not sure if it is worth the $85-100 for the adapter. I could also get a full rev not just the adapter on ebay for $120 apparently! I might get the full vape since it'll only be about $20 more than getting just the rev adapter for my T1.

The real question is would you bother with it for just kief, or am I better off saving my $ and just mixing it with bud in the T1?

Hard to say for another guy with any certainty. For me, if it was the only source for concentrates I'd have to decide how much I craved that. In the end, I'd probably go for it, let's face it good kief is most of the way to hash, and hash......

On the cheap you can get just he unit and screw it into your T1 interface I guess?

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Pipes, are you still offering the PA's along with the passthrough? I was under the impression that you were now selling the PT's without a PA. I am interested in the set.
I have been waiting for confirmation on the REV burn out issues before putting any more out for grabs. I do not want to assume or hope for the best as that is not fair to TV.
Will sell discreetly from PMs if purpose is solely for the T1 and if I can grab the necessary parts. If I put anymore on fleebay it will be in kit form as I really do not like modifying a power supply to sell to un-knowns.
If you or anyone from this forum is interested please PM me and I'll let you know when I can put togather.
For those few who have one, any feedback on possible improvements are welcome.
Cheers,
Pipes

Pipes,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
We just need a "Pipes PA Revolution"

Actually, we have already made a few of these :D for Pipes PA folks. Bottom line is that we supper any ThermoVape owner as long as they do not seem to be doing anything dangerous/reckless with the products.

If anyone wants a "Pipes PA Revolution" they need to contact Tim (tim@thermovape.com) right after placing their Revolution order and let him know their order number and that they need a Revolution beefed up for the PA.

We'll make it for you. One o the benefits of making everything here is California. We can crank out a custom Rev and it won't even slow down your order.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thanks for the help as usual OF. I'll have to wait and see just how much kief I can get from say 5 grams of bud with my zombie sifter box that is on the way. I'll do a nice 5 gram test run.

darkrom,
We just need a "Pipes PA Revolution"

Actually, we have already made a few of these :D for Pipes PA folks. Bottom line is that we supper any ThermoVape owner as long as they do not seem to be doing anything dangerous/reckless with the products.

If anyone wants a "Pipes PA Revolution" they need to contact Tim (tim@thermovape.com) right after placing their Revolution order and let him know their order number and that they need a Revolution beefed up for the PA.

We'll make it for you. One o the benefits of making everything here is California. We can crank out a custom Rev and it won't even slow down your order.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Would I be right to say these PA revs are "tuned" for constant 4.2v? So it wouldn't be ideal for most powersources, unless you were to have a VV mod that could be set at 4.2v? I ask because I ordered a Dart yesterday, hasn't shipped yet, and wouldn't mind a beefed up model if my thoughts are correct.

havealight101,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Would I be right to say these PA revs are "tuned" for constant 4.2v? So it wouldn't be ideal for most powersources, unless you were to have a VV mod that could be set at 4.2v? I ask because I ordered a Dart yesterday, hasn't shipped yet, and wouldn't mind a beefed up model if my thoughts are correct.

Unless you have one of Pipes PA's you want to run the REV as we have it tuned to run. "Beefed" up was probably the wrong term. You are going to get the best performance when using rechargeable batteries out of the Rev as we have it configured.

Everything we make is "beefed up" what we should of said is "tuned for the passthrough."

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
Top Bottom