Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

If he ever says something wrong I will correct him, and from the history of it... and well..... I don't believe i have ever corrected him! He really knows his stuff and i regularly go to him for insights, I would encourage everyone to do the same.

Thanks for keeping me honest.

At the risk of repeating myself too often, 'glad to help when I can'.

OF

chant121

could someone tell me please if the smooth flow prevents small particles from been inhaled into the alveoli as i have just ordered this vape and always put my health concerns first ( hence getting a Tv lol )
Is it as effective as filtering particles as the pure flow? also whats is peoples thoughts on sprinkling in a little bho/bubblehash on top of the herbs in standard tv1, surely it would melt into it making it extra potent :))

chant121,

OF

could someone tell me please if the smooth flow prevents small particles from been inhaled into the alveoli as i have just ordered this vape and always put my health concerns first ( hence getting a Tv lol )
Is it as effective as filtering particles as the pure flow? also whats is peoples thoughts on sprinkling in a little bho/bubblehash on top of the herbs in standard tv1, surely it would melt into it making it extra potent :))

Smooth flow does not filter, you can look straight through it. It cools and adds moisture only. At that it does a better job without restrictions being added.

Hash is not recommended in T1, the problem seems to be the need to stir perhaps, but when I tried a little bit I ended up with some burned on the face of the bottom plate. It had clearly melted on the surface and didn't want to come off. I'm glad it didn't make it down one of the holes.

Evolution, OTOH, seems to be OK with it. The maker cites this as a feature of that model.

OF

OF,
Reactions: darkrom

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Smooth flow does not filter, you can look straight through it. It cools and adds moisture only. At that it does a better job without restrictions being added.

Hash is not recommended in T1, the problem seems to be the need to stir perhaps, but when I tried a little bit I ended up with some burned on the face of the bottom plate. It had clearly melted on the surface and didn't want to come off. I'm glad it didn't make it down one of the holes.

Evolution, OTOH, seems to be OK with it. The maker cites this as a feature of that model.

OF

100% correct!

Pure-Flow filters particles larger than 100 micron along with being capable of holding some water for moisture conditioning.

Smooth-Flow does not filter, but has a larger reservoir to prolong the moisture conditioning.

The Evolution works great with thick-gooey concentrates, put a little botanical in first to create a barier with crumbles on top, mo more than 3/4 full with such concentrates.

Cheers,
Tim

chant121

Cheers Guys, that's a shame to hear you cant use hash, i guess i should just upgrade to the rev when i get over the initial set backs (the T1 with 5 spare pairs of batteries 2 chargers and a spare heater core - should keep me going for a few years )

What i want to know tho is if there quite a big likelihood of inhaling particles ? surely some sort of non restrictive filter could be made to ensure medical patients the maximum possible health benefits of such a high grade vape, i guess i could fit some 150 - 200 micron material in there somehow, i dunno you guys are the experts.

chant121,

OF

Cheers Guys, that's a shame to hear you cant use hash, i guess i should just upgrade to the rev when i get over the initial set backs (the T1 with 5 spare pairs of batteries 2 chargers and a spare heater core - should keep me going for a few years )

What i want to know tho is if there quite a big likelihood of inhaling particles ? surely some sort of non restrictive filter could be made to ensure medical patients the maximum possible health benefits of such a high grade vape, i guess i could fit some 150 - 200 micron material in there somehow, i dunno you guys are the experts.

Have you tried the filter? I think it's OK on T1, it's just it does introduce a restriction that limits the 'huge clouds' end of the user spectrum. If you wanted, I'm sure TV would be happy to quote you a unit with larger filter pores but it's my understanding they chose that size for solid reasons?

I found a fine screen on top of the load (under the cap) for the most part stopped debris, well enough for my tastes.

Good luck, but if you haven't actually tried the filter I wouldn't dismiss it on the basis of someone else's judgment.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
OF I bet they did choose that size for a good reason, but I also think it is PROBABLY more for the REV users than the T1 users.

A less restrictive but still partially restrictive filter could be very interesting for T1 use IMO. I'm very happy with my smooth flow, but if there was a magic less restrictive but still filtering adapter that would be sweet.

I did hate the pureflow on the T1 but that doesn't go to imply that it didn't work. Personally it felt like my head was going to implode from the suction haha. But I could see some people being willing to live with that in exchange for no particles at all in the throat.

chant121

I haven't tried it yet, and by no means am dismissing it but just inquiring into how the whole thing works before i get to test it in a few weeks. Have the smooth flow on the way too. I wouldn't want TV to go out of there way just for my personal concerns on this inhaling dangerous particles directly into my lungs, although i'm sure it's a universal concern amongst anyone who cares about health, I will try the fine screen for sure tho too OF. I guess eventually when i'm rich enough i will get a Gd water filtration setup. :)

(Ive been spoilt with the volcano's bag systems for the past 2 years which are so easy to inhale - although sometimes i have slight concerns about debris ending up in unwanted cavities within my body)

We turn to vaping to escape the dangers of smoking, to eliminate any health related dangers i just feel there must be some way to filter just within a mouthpiece without restricting airflow too much

chant121,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Made another friend into a "vape appreciator" with my ThermoVape. It's not your usual machine to make converts out of your friends with, I was happy he liked it.

All I told him was to give it a preheat, puff till warm then inhale steady and firm until your lungs are full. He did just that, and suprised me by how quickly he caught on! Needless to say, he was blown away by how conservative the TV1 is.

We were vaping some especially tasty Blue Dreams (One of my all time favorites, doesn't seem to make it here often), and the first few hits were putting my nostrils into sensory overload! I still sometimes can't believe how well the TV1 transfers the pure flavor and aromas :smug:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I should be getting my T1 tomorrow, if it's on time with the tracking info. I have been happily using the Evolution, and was just sitting here wondering how the draw and heat up time on the T1 will vary from the Evo. I don't really want to comb through the 124 pages to find little bits of info on that, anyone have a quick run down of what to expect, maybe OF??? you around here somewhere? Happy to hear from anyone on the matter... :nod:

jambandphan03,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I should be getting my T1 tomorrow, if it's on time with the tracking info. I have been happily using the Evolution, and was just sitting here wondering how the draw and heat up time on the T1 will vary from the Evo. I don't really want to comb through the 124 pages to find little bits of info on that, anyone have a quick run down of what to expect, maybe OF??? you around here somewhere? Happy to hear from anyone on the matter... :nod:
I think you'll find the characteristics of the T1 to be more similar to the EVO than different. I do think that once the unit is "primed" (well heated bowl), the T1 retains this heat better, allowing for good hits in succession. I also like to draw a little bit faster with the T1, but maybe that's just me.

The biggest difference is the need to stir the T1 bowl. This is a must with the T1, but only an option with the EVO.

Enjoy, Jam!

:peace:

Stu,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I'm in the boat heading the other way...LOL
Have the T1 and waiting on the EVO. Like the EVOs specs better then the T1 for power. The Achilles heal of the T1 for sure. Taste is great, clogs kind of easy but clean up is also easy.
Kind of concerned about EVO just wetting my taste buds before getting where I want to go.

Pipes,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks Stu, I was keeping up with this thread for a while in the beginning. I remember reading people trying different ways of stirring the bowl from opening the top to just shaking or tapping it. I will play around and find a way that works best for me. I'm glad to hear it will be pretty similar to the Evo. I have honed my Evo vaping skills pretty well over the last few days. Again, I am glad I waited a while, to get into the TV products, I have learned so much over the last few months, and it's helped me really appreciate the TV products so much more than I would have from a cold start.

jambandphan03,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Just courious so thought I'd throw a question out there.
Anyone here into doing their own coil windings?
Only asking as I have been into the ecig devices for a little while and they seem very mature now and lots of perks into making their our custom atomizers and such. Some very nifty ideas out there.
:rolleyes:

Pipes,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Only asking as I have been into the ecig devices for a little while and they seem very mature now and lots of perks into making their our custom atomizers and such. Some very nifty ideas out there.
Boge low resistance carts with all the cotton removed make for an interesting result. I don't know what you are implying about doing coil windings, but modding ecig carts doesn't not work on my modbox, if that's what you're talking 'bout...

PhreedomPhries,

My bro owns the Zenesis Mini. Its siiick.

VaporBoxed,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, the T1 is close, still a couple of towns away, so probably be here tomorrow. I am getting excited to try it out. Oregon mail can be slow sometimes, but it's always 420 in Eugene!! (for those who do not know, our elevation in town is 420)

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Everyone,

This Mothers Day show your mom (sister, daughter or whatever the case may be) how much you love her with a ThermoVape!

Till Sunday night at midnight use Promo Code 'ILOVEMOM" and get 25% off your order!!!

Cheers,

Tim

Whoa, NICE!

Peloton,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Everyone,

This Mothers Day show your mom (sister, daughter or whatever the case may be) how much you love her with a ThermoVape!

Till Sunday night at midnight use Promo Code 'ILOVEMOM" and get 25% off your order!!!

Cheers,

Tim

ACES!

Sinclue,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
btw, e'rybody, the Smooth Flow effin' rocks. Particularly with the aluminum mouthpiece; just as TV said it would! Also terribly grand with the extended stem delrin mouthpiece. Good good stuff. Thank you, oh blessed wise ones!

:cool:

PhreedomPhries,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
My bro owns the Zenesis Mini. Its siiick.
The Zenesis is very cool. It's designed for rebuilding which is a hobby in itself. I'm talking on a more smaller scale like the bits and pieces of a general atomizer and make the element or replace it with one that has the desired heat. The resistive wire is cheap and kind of fun to work with. Experimenting with wicking techniques etc. I just made my first ecig atomizer last week and replaced the AVA one for now. I used plain old cotton for wicking which seems to work great for the RES bottom feed system. I put the wick outside so if I do burn it, I can replace with tweezers.
Anyway, just doing some probing as to any experienced perks who might have gone down this road. And wondering if anyone has tried this on the T1 or similar product.
:science:

Pipes,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
btw, e'rybody, the Smooth Flow effin' rocks. Particularly with the aluminum mouthpiece; just as TV said it would! Also terribly grand with the extended stem delrin mouthpiece. Good good stuff. Thank you, oh blessed wise ones!

:cool:

Nice :D glad you like like it! A smooth flow lives on every 'in-house" T1 we have. That is the favorite combo (T1 + Smooth-Flow) of the ThermoVape crew.

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Nice :D glad you like like it! A smooth flow lives on every 'in-house" T1 we have. That is the favorite combo (T1 + Smooth-Flow) of the ThermoVape crew.
The best way I can describe it is, simple mechanics brought to an art form of functionality. Impressive perfection out of such a small, handy device. This has become my go-to vape guys! It's displaced everything!

PhreedomPhries,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The best way I can describe it is, simple mechanics brought to an art form of functionality. Impressive perfection out of such a small, handy device. This has become my go-to vape guys! It's displaced everything!

I'm looking forward to getting mine... :)

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom