Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

OF

Thanks for the tips, OF. I may look into the Omicron carts, after a little more research.

I'm sure if you have a lot of oil its no problem, but when you don't have a lot of money to spend to make oil, it all comes down to efficiency of vaporizing the material you have. In which at this point the TVDART doesn't seem to fit those needs for me.

Oh well. Live and learn.

You're welcome, good luck.

For sure if bud is dear, this is not the way to go. Look at the numbers, half the THC in the weed gets lost typically. Past that I think most vape schemes that don't burn it badly (not just taste) or have you blowing out "huge clouds" are about the same. You need say 5 to 15 or 20 mg? Unfortunately, such (IMO wasteful from this perspective) clouds are very important to some. That drives vape popularity to some extent. Yes, stick with herb, consider things like MFLB.....

Words to live by, fer sure. Kinda dumb not to heed the lesson.

Regards,

OF

OF,

jpdnkstr

Thanks for the tips, OF. I may look into the Omicron carts, after a little more research.

Ever after trying these things suggested in the dart I just feel like I am wasting oil. I don't see myself using the dart very much as I don't have access to a lot to make oil to waste, and I'd rather have more efficiency by using my Purple Days (which provides more hits that don't taste burnt). I am in a transition phase during college and jobs so I don't have any money, kind of a disappointment that I spent money on something that wont really be used. I can't afford to spend another $100+ for a T1 conversion right now (that I know I would use a lot more), but who knows if that will lead to disappointment as well.

I'm sure if you have a lot of oil its no problem, but when you don't have a lot of money to spend to make oil, it all comes down to efficiency of vaporizing the material you have. In which at this point the TVDART doesn't seem to fit those needs for me.

Oh well. Live and learn.
Are you interested in trading mflb for your revolution? (what TV components do you have?)

jpdnkstr,

jpdnkstr

My apologies if this has been addressed before, but will 18650's fit any TV supply's?

jpdnkstr,

Sleepy96

Are you interested in trading mflb for your revolution? (what TV components do you have?)

Sorry I'm not really interested in the MFLB, honestly I think the quality of the TV is better which is why I went for it in the first place. I'm more just disappointed in that I could have spent my money better by getting a T1 before considering the dart, rather than vice versa. I was expecting it to be more efficient with oils which is why I bought it to have an easy on-the-go device (since I commute a couple hours a day 4 days a week) that wouldn't need re-loading for a while, which it appears to actually be the opposite; and if I'm going to need to reload anyways, I might as well just use bud if its more efficient. So to sum up, I'm pretty much waiting till I can get more money (or another sale) to get a T1 adapter and actually make good use out of this vape. I'm glad this system is modular or this would have been a complete waste of money. lol

Sleepy96,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

Ever after trying these things suggested in the dart I just feel like I am wasting oil. I don't see myself using the dart very much as I don't have access to a lot to make oil to waste, and I'd rather have more efficiency by using my Purple Days (which provides more hits that don't taste burnt). I am in a transition phase during college and jobs so I don't have any money, kind of a disappointment that I spent money on something that wont really be used. I can't afford to spend another $100+ for a T1 conversion right now (that I know I would use a lot more), but who knows if that will lead to disappointment as well.

Oh well. Live and learn.

I agree on the efficency of the dart. Omicron carts stretch a 1G of concentrate much farther than the DART IMO. The DART tastes amazing though. much better than TI nail or Omicron of any sort.

jpdnkstr

Sorry your disappointed, hope I'm not, I just ordered a dart, maybe omi carts would've been more your style. I like my D9 carts for sure, virtually worry free, once you get the hang of it!

jpdnkstr,

Sleepy96

I agree on the efficency of the dart. Omicron carts stretch a 1G of concentrate much farther than the DART IMO. The DART tastes amazing though. much better than TI nail or Omicron of any sort.

That's interesting that it tastes better than a TI nail. After trying it again I could agree the taste is exactly like what you put into it, only gets "burnt tasting" when it gets to the end, which I guess makes sense. lol. Although I love concentrates and making them, I've never dabbed before! So I am not familiar with the taste. I'm the only one out of my friends that knows how to make concentrates so its all been from my own bud that I've bought, which most people would rather vape by itself rather than turning into a concentrate (including myself). But I've had a grow recently that didn't turn out the greatest so I decided to make some oil out of that. Oil turned out nice, but like I said before, I may have benefited more from vaporizing the oil in my PD instead after seeing the efficiency of this unit.

Sorry your disappointed, hope I'm not, I just ordered a dart, maybe omi carts would've been more your style. I like my D9 carts for sure, virtually worry free, once you get the hang of it!

I may consider getting an Omicron cartridge after you guy's suggestion, after all its only like $12 for a cartridge and a few bucks for an adapter. If only those T1 adapters were a little cheaper :p

Sleepy96,
Reactions: OF

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
That's interesting that it tastes better than a TI nail. After trying it again I could agree the taste is exactly like what you put into it, only gets "burnt tasting" when it gets to the end, which I guess makes sense. lol. Although I love concentrates and making them, I've never dabbed before! So I am not familiar with the taste. I'm the only one out of my friends that knows how to make concentrates so its all been from my own bud that I've bought, which most people would rather vape by itself rather than turning into a concentrate (including myself). But I've had a grow recently that didn't turn out the greatest so I decided to make some oil out of that. Oil turned out nice, but like I said before, I may have benefited more from vaporizing the oil in my PD instead after seeing the efficiency of this unit.

I may consider getting an Omicron cartridge after you guy's suggestion, after all its only like $12 for a cartridge and a few bucks for an adapter. If only those T1 adapters were a little cheaper :p

I think the reason for the taste at least according to our friends from TV and THC Scientific I believe is that the TV Revolution vapes more like 400-500F where as a nail is like 900-1000F. As a result a lot more impurities are burned off. My nail is always pretty much spotless where as the DART get gunked up with some of the less desirable aspects of the BHO. I've yet to try something really clean like PureGold in one to see what kind of residues are left even with the cleanest extracts.... BTW: Pure Gold is what you want if you can get and afford it.

Check this out:
http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

BTW: Edit confused you with someone else that is local to California.

If you get Omicron 1.5 cart you can easily see how the amount of heat/power applied affects cloud size but it also effects taste. The 2.4 ohms carts are universally agreed to taste better and again I think its the heat difference....

ru_frothi,
Reactions: OF

OF

My apologies if this has been addressed before, but will 18650's fit any TV supply's?

No, 17mm is the limit (from the 123 size). 17670s were developed for just this use in flashlights as I understand it.

Rumors abound about the future, but for now, the 17670s are the call (and actually outperform 18650s in Presei by a small bit IIRC).

OF

jpdnkstr

No, 17mm is the limit (from the 123 size). 17670s were developed for just this use in flashlights as I understand it.

Rumors abound about the future, but for now, the 17670s are the call (and actually outperform 18650s in Presei by a small bit IIRC).

OF
can I use 1 17670 instead of 2 rcr123a's in TV tubes as long as I am using all LV accessories? and would you recommend the AW protected 17670's that are available from Lighthound (1600mah) or a different setup for TV?

When you say outperform, do you mean runtime or instant power?

jpdnkstr,

leetmode

Question for those who opted for USPS shipping, did you guys get some sort of shipping conformation or tracking number? I placed my order on thursday hopping I could possibly get it today but I still have not received any notification that my Rev has been shipped.

leetmode,

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Question for those who opted for USPS shipping, did you guys get some sort of shipping conformation or tracking number? I placed my order on thursday hopping I could possibly get it today but I still have not received any notification that my Rev has been shipped.
Have you tried logging on to TV's website with your customer ID, then click on your order, and then click on the fulfilled by USPS number?

Nick Brand,

TonyBlaze

Ya I ordered mine last Saturday and selected USPS. On Monday I got my tracking number and TV website said my order had been fulfilled but the USPS site only says shipping info received. I was hoping to have by today as I am going out of town and I live in California so i didn't think it would take long. When I called TV on Wednesday they said all orders had been shipped except the ones for the glass pieces so not sure what is going on. The guy at TV did say that sometimes USP doesn't scan the package until it arrives at the destination I hope it gets delivered today but doubt has still only says received shipping info

TonyBlaze,

OF

can I use 1 17670 instead of 2 rcr123a's in TV tubes as long as I am using all LV accessories? and would you recommend the AW protected 17670's that are available from Lighthound (1600mah) or a different setup for TV?

When you say outperform, do you mean runtime or instant power?

Yes, that's exactly it. And the right part to use....and my second favorite source (after the TV factory which seems to be out every time I want more), Lighthound gets a lot of my money in small buys, great source of top notch gear with good shipping speed and price. Remember, you'll need a 3.7 Volt charger for them (18650 versions seem to work fine, although it's a tight fit in a couple of mine, they're a bit longer).

Run time was not the issue, minor practical differences there IMO. IIRC there is a lower drop by a few hundred mV, meaning they're a little more powerful (faster), I doubt you could find it without instruments. But when the difference gets to .3 or more (like with Omicron V2) you do start to notice.

A couple of batteries and a charger and your good good to go with LV.

Enjoy.

OF

OF,

leetmode

Have you tried logging on to TV's website with your customer ID, then click on your order, and then click on the fulfilled by USPS number?

For some reason I can't log on, I know I'm using the right login info and I'm 100% positive that checked the box to set up an account so I'm not sure whats going on.

Ya I ordered mine last Saturday and selected USPS. On Monday I got my tracking number and TV website said my order had been fulfilled but the USPS site only says shipping info received. I was hoping to have by today as I am going out of town and I live in California so i didn't think it would take long. When I called TV on Wednesday they said all orders had been shipped except the ones for the glass pieces so not sure what is going on. The guy at TV did say that sometimes USP doesn't scan the package until it arrives at the destination I hope it gets delivered today but doubt has still only says received shipping info

Such a bummer man, I just ran out of bud and only have wax but nothing to use it with since i broke my glass piece!!:cry:

leetmode,
Anyone remember Tim mentioning using a tube to gravity feed ISO/ethanol through a rev/dart to clean it.
Well, i tried it this morning,but took it 1 step further and results were great.
I took 1' of tubing, 1-2 ounces of ethanol, and a double tall shot glass.
I hooked the tube up to the core, stuck the core in the everclear, and sucked slowly in an out(w/o breathing fumes or drinking).
Continued for a minute or 2, then did the standard boil, dry, 20/20/20. It ended up being 2/100g more than when purchased a couple months back. The ceramic turned out nearly white, not perfect but better than previous cleanings.
I bet a second round, or just refreshing solvent before boiling may have pulled the last 2/100g out of it, but I was happy with the results.
Basically, it seems you can cut the soaking part of cleaning it out, and maybe an overall cleaner end product.
Good idea Tim, seem to work very well. Thank you.
Edit: BTw, been meaning to mention I snap the tips off my darts, filed them down and now get less build up(condensation) up at my air holes, such gives me more time between cleaning. I never liked sticking a dirty dart in my clean jar of meds to fill the core. There are +&- to it, but I like it. Even got a third for ecig atty's, act kinda like a UFO, but any MP I want.

DreamTime

I do something similar, and have been able to get my dart mostly white again:
I put the bottom half of the DART or Rev in a shot glass with 99% ISO and put that on a coffee warmer. Once the ISO gets nice and warm, I hook the DART up to a syringe and rapidly pump the syringe while the DART is submerged in warm ISO... basically a DIY high pressure ISO wash.

RevCleaner-1.jpg

I'll do a 20 minute soak followed by a few minutes of syringe action 3 or 4 times over a couple of hours, then put the DART in a convection toaster oven at 150 for another hour. After that I'll heat the core on and off until most of the remaining dark matter on the ceramic has turned to ash.

After reading OF's posts about using an ultra sonic sink, I'm seriously considering getting one. Sounds like it might be the crowning piece of a complete cleaning system.

@OF any recommendations for an ultra sonic cleaner?

kushcabbage

vapor nerd

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Cheers!
Dangus
:cheers:

that's hilarious my husky and I love our dart's too!! great stuff, my girl is going to laugh at this, she makes fun of my revolution obsession

edit: have you tried any of the low voltage options? I find on a lv dart I can run all day on the same set of 17670 1600 mAh with the t1 base, or on a bolt e cig mod with a 3.7 v 18500 1600 mAh, because sometimes I just prefer a button. Have been experimenting with a way to keep the heat down by using a mod called the gripper: http://www.madvapes.com/Gripper_p_3566.html makes my dart super cool by the insulation and easy to hit with that button. Also I found a basic 510 to 510 extender the batteries stay cooler, fresher, and hits faster. http://www.madvapes.com/510-Battery-Extension-_p_2870.html joekickass pointed me in the right direction with those extensions, they really are night and day when the dart is a bit farther away from the battery.
anther edit: or thermovape has that alpha and alpha ultralite that are super stealth and american made :) once I went lv I never went back :peace:

Dangus

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Thanks! glad you like it! Might have to see some pics of that husky! (is there a thread for that?)

I'm currently running the SV, but I might just having to explore the LV route, sounds like it has some good all day potential. The gripper extension is pretty interesting too!

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
she's a short hair terrier/siberian husky mix! Her name's Meeka, here's a pic of her with my t1 her playing/me working in the backyard
photomys.jpg

goodness I wish there was a dog thread on FC, or even a dog with vaporizer pic thread haha!
and yea the gripper has been working great! they are plastic but what do you expect for 20 bucks, I will see how long it can take some abuse. It's just a convince having the heat disappear. Just make sure if you get one to get a extender or the dart won't stick up from the hole and there's nothing to puff on :tup:

kushcabbage,
Reactions: Dangus

JoeKickass

Unfortunately I have to report that my 1 inch long 510 extension has burned out. I suspect the positive contact is really a tiny wire soldered on both ends. Ecigs commonly use tiny wires to save money and act as a fuse for safety, but we need something that can get hot without dying... I tried taking it apart but the press is rock solid.

I've been using it non stop since I last posted about it so I'm switching to my longer gripper extension and hoping it lasts a bit longer...

JoeKickass,

OF

Unfortunately I have to report that my 1 inch long 510 extension has burned out. I suspect the positive contact is really a tiny wire soldered on both ends. Ecigs commonly use tiny wires to save money and act as a fuse for safety, but we need something that can get hot without dying... I tried taking it apart but the press is rock solid.

I've been using it non stop since I last posted about it so I'm switching to my longer gripper extension and hoping it lasts a bit longer...

Well, that's a bummer. I guess I'd better plan on doing something different with the one I bought then? Thanks for the report.

OF

OF,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
sad news, I have a little bit different setup so I will se how long the extension will last, madvapes even threw in an extra one for me. I have a 510 to ego thread adapter on both ends of the 1 inch extension, then I thread a ego collar sleeve that slides over the extension, which then I put the dart on top of that, and the cherry on top, I can slide a ego heat shield cone over the dart and so far, good things, nothing hot to the touch. Everything is black matte, so a bit less hot than stainless steel? With a black mouthpiece, cone, collar, and the black bolt mod I'm using, IMO it looks very bad ass lol

Top Bottom