Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

TonyBlaze

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. Just remember your current gratitude when you get my bill.....

No advice on that waiting bit though, everything I've tried doesn't help. Best advice is to always keep the about to be replaced vape handy?

OF

Hahaha just saying thanks.

It's not really replacing anything, I use mostly my OG VripTech and NO2 just love the thought of being able to put in my pocket and take it almost anywhere

TonyBlaze,

OF

Hahaha just saying thanks.

It's not really replacing anything, I use mostly my OG VripTech and NO2 just love the thought of being able to put in my pocket and take it almost anywhere

Understood, you're welcome of course. Sorry for not saying so directly.

OK, how about 'supplement'? The idea is your current friend will help you pass the time until the new one arrives. I understand the 'draw' of a portable for field use, but I also use 'em around the house when that feature isn't needed. A neat machine is a neat machine.

Hey, don't put too much stock in my opinions.....I like Vapman remember.....

OF

OF,

TonyBlaze

Understood, you're welcome of course. Sorry for not saying so directly.

OK, how about 'supplement'? The idea is your current friend will help you pass the time until the new one arrives. I understand the 'draw' of a portable for field use, but I also use 'em around the house when that feature isn't needed. A neat machine is a neat machine.

Hey, don't put too much stock in my opinions.....I like Vapman remember.....

OF

O no doubt I'm going to be using this a lot not just out the house perfect while cooking or BBQ I really feel I made the right choice or I hope i did it was either this or the Persei

Your fingers are all over this forum and some how it always comes back to ask OF... Wasn't familiar with the Vapman but looked it up things looks dangerous lol

TonyBlaze,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Well, I managed to wait two hours.

:whoa: OMG :whoa:

Short form:

Half a bowl of completely played (but not scorched or nasty tasting) fresh ABV loaded in my room temp T1 with a fresh set of batteries.

Two minuscule drops of pure gold on top of the ABV, right in the center.

10 second pre-heat, 30 second (which is atypically long for me) slow-ish hit. Unbelievable wonderful new taste. Moderate vapor cloud on exhale. Nice buzz!

Take second hit, maybe 15 seconds worth this time. More great taste, expands in my lungs, almost cough my brains out, and a HUGH vapor cloud comes forth. I mean HUGE.

I am now so stoned that I'm not ready to take the third hit. But I do want to know how many hits I get out of two minuscule drops.

I so can't wait for my DART to get here, so I can do this properly. :smug:

(I'm away again before the revo is going to arrive, which makes me nuts. I won't get to it until next Sunday. However, where I'm going next week won't involve airports, so my whole kit gets to come with me, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to bring one of the two vials with me).

OF

O no doubt I'm going to be using this a lot not just out the house perfect while cooking or BBQ I really feel I made the right choice or I hope i did it was either this or the Persei

Your fingers are all over this forum and some how it always comes back to ask OF... Wasn't familiar with the Vapman but looked it up things looks dangerous lol

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if it finds a pocket to ride in. I really think you want to buy one of these:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

and a couple of Omicron carts (2.4 Ohm for LV, 4 or 5 Ohm for SV) to try as well.......

Vapman is fun to use IMO, kind of a 'steam punk vape'. Swiss through and through. A typical bowl is .060 grams for me (two PD stems, half a MFLB trench) and it does a very good job of extraction with that tiny bit. Thin but flavorful hits, lots of fun to play with in the process, forces you to take your time.

You can get the unfinished version straight from the factory for about half cost. The lack of the mica heat shield doesn't effect operation, and it's very easy to oil finish the body:
https://shop.vapman.com/products_new.php?language=en

When I bought my backup unit (one of these from the factory) it was here in a little over a week and cost me about 3 dollars for the exchange rate. I also ordered a couple of the truly fun wood stems. But, come on, admit it, Pear Wood is not what you'd expect......that part alone is fun to me. And how many of your other vapes have gold plated working parts?

OF

OF,

TonyBlaze

I wouldn't be surprised a bit if it finds a pocket to ride in. I really think you want to buy one of these:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

and a couple of Omicron carts (2.4 Ohm for LV, 4 or 5 Ohm for SV) to try as well.......

OF

Ya I was planning on getting one of those adapters to try out the Omicron carts. So which would have been better to get a Persei and TV Rev Cart with the adapter or vice versa TV with Omnicron carts

And with the TV 6v which works better the 4 or 5 ohm cart or should I get both and use the 5 until I learn to use it then try the 4 because I know if you hear to much the cart can leak

TonyBlaze,

OF

Ya I was planning on getting one of those adapters to try out the Omicron carts. So which would have been better to get a Persei and TV Rev Cart with the adapter or vice versa TV with Omnicron carts

And with the TV 6v which works better the 4 or 5 ohm cart or should I get both and use the 5 until I learn to use it then try the 4 because I know if you hear to much the cart can leak

I've got both, and would recommend the way you went for a number of reasons.

I'd also start with 5 Ohm carts at 6.0 Volts, and even that is a serious step up from the 'standard' 2.4 Ohms at 3.7 Volts. Running 4 Ohms on 6 Volts is a handful indeed. You can order singles or a 'mixed box' from PV:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html

The graph at the bottom of the page has some useful insights, if you're into that kinda stuff.

OF

JoeKickass

Quite a while ago I mentioned that I thought the Dart transferred heat to the battery too easily and that I thought it would benefit from some kind of insulating adapter... well, I found one:

JbHEP.jpg

It's called a "Gripper" 510 Extension which is meant for an ecig called the Gripper but it works wonderfully in this application: faster warm-up, increased performance, and zero battery heat transfer. Seriously.

I can feel the waves of heat hitting my face as the rev produces fantastic clouds but the heat never makes it more than halfway down the extension so the battery (persei in this case) stays nice and cool even after minutes of continuous use.

I don't measure any resistance and the quality is better than I was expecting but who knows if the center contact is nice and thick or just a thin piece of wire... good thing it's pretty cheap.

IMO this is a must for any high-tolerance user who is not always satisfied with the dart, it really makes this system produce clouds much more reliably, enjoy!
:spliff:

Quite a while ago I mentioned that I thought the Dart transferred heat to the battery too easily and that I thought it would benefit from some kind of insulating adapter... well, I found one:

It's called a "Gripper" 510 Extension which is meant for an ecig called the Gripper but it works wonderfully in this application: faster warm-up, increased performance, and zero battery heat transfer. Seriously.

I can feel the waves of heat hitting my face as the rev produces fantastic clouds but the heat never makes it more than halfway down the extension so the battery (persei in this case) stays nice and cool even after minutes of continuous use.

I don't measure any resistance and the quality is better than I was expecting but who knows if the center contact is nice and thick or just a thin piece of wire... good thing it's pretty cheap.

IMO this is a must for any high-tolerance user who is not always satisfied with the dart, it really makes this system produce clouds much more reliably, enjoy!
:spliff:
Nice find Joe, I wish it was an inch instead of 2 though.

havealight101,
Reactions: OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
please be careful with adapters, esp. press fit adapters that are not solid, I had one that shorted out one of my mods, that was a 510 extender w/ brass ends pressed into a tube. I always put the adapter on, then hold the end cap to feel for heat as I activate the switch for the first time, if you feel any heat at the end cap STOP and remove battery immediately. If you have a short, you won't get power at the top, and the battery will get hot really freaking fast. This is for FYI not to scare anyone, just be aware of safety when hooking that many parts together.

Man you were right, even though this one does heat the battery slightly it is still a massive improvement and the increased portability is a major plus

Nice. You could probably stop the rest of the heat with the new ptfe cart labels from TV. I plan on trying them out for that purpose, but as a label, I wish they would fit in a doob tube.
Once again, a nice find there, I might grab one. Let's us know if it holds up.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Nice. You could probably stop the rest of the heat with the new ptfe cart labels from TV. I plan on trying them out for that purpose, but as a label, I wish they would fit in a doob tube.
Once again, a nice find there, I might grab one. Let's us know if it holds up.

The PTFE Cart Keepers would defiantly stop some more of the conduction going through the interface, however.... due to the Revolution interface having a raised well the Cart Keeper wont fit on and will prevent the threads from engaging.

Also the location of the Cart Keepers on the threaded body will block the holes of the core, this was inherently designed into them as they are meant to cover the holes for storage. Thinking about it now though.... these things are soft (glass filled ptfe) and are very easy to customize if anyone wanted to make them into something else, i easily cut an air groove into one to make it work with an evolution interface... just sayin ;)

Oh and its the last day of the sale everyone!!!

SameOldTim,

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
This is My first post and actually my first experience with any TV product. I was one of the many who got suckered into getting a cheap ego type setup and after much research realized that wicks and plastic were not going to cut it for me. I read about omicron and their products which I also am a fan of. But the TV lv dart seemed within my reach w/ my 3.7v batt. Just got my dart yesterday loaded w some earwax, and I'm surprised at how good the taste is. It heats up just around 15 seconds and produce good clouds. I'm already looking to save for a quality setup. For now I have to deal w/ the cheap ego batt getting hot after the 1st load but thanks to TV, and the 81 pages of knowledge on these forums, I know what real quality is. I still have a lot to learn, but coming from blunts and joints this is a really good way to keep things healthier. TV is the shit.

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
Man I just put a Bb sized ammount of wax while I met up w my girl @ lunch and even on my cheap 3.7 I am surprised at how good the hit was. Truly a well designed product. This is still light years away to a lot of people. Still can't can't wait to get something new from thermovape's website.

OF

Man I just put a Bb sized ammount of wax while I met up w my girl @ lunch and even on my cheap 3.7 I am surprised at how good the hit was. Truly a well designed product. This is still light years away to a lot of people. Still can't can't wait to get something new from thermovape's website.

Cool. Sounds like you got to the party a little late, but are making up for lost time.....

For sure the TV supply matches the rest of their gear in simple design and excellent build quality. A lifetime product if there are any. Complete with support to match. Great folks, and with very few exceptions made in USA (batteries, chargers and the supply for the Power Adapter being the exceptions). Basically 'everything else' is made in a small shop on 3 high tech screw machines by perhaps a dozen people. If you're inclined to invest in more and have the bucks handy and can make up your mind quickly, the last day of the 25% off sale is today. Use "MADEINUSA" as the code, it's good through midnight West Coast Time. Great gear at normal prices, but 25% off is a serious discount that makes it all the sweeter IMO.

Welcome to the fun, I think you're on the right track now....

OF

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
If you're inclined to invest in more and have the bucks handy and can make up your mind quickly, the last day of the 25% off sale is today. Use "MADEINUSA" as the code, it's good through midnight West Coast Time. Great gear at normal prices, but 25% off is a serious discount that makes it all the sweeter IMO.
Welcome to the fun, I think you're on the right track now....
OF
I've found the easiest way to shop from TV's whole collection of items is to go to TV's main webpage...
http://thermovape.com/

- scroll down until you see the column "MAIN MENU"
- select the first item, "Shop"
- which will list all their items...
http://thermovape.com/collections/all

I had to resort to this approach when I was having some difficulty finding what I was looking for when shopping based on individual product collection (e.g., T1 and Evolution)...

enjoy the sale!

Nick Brand,
Reactions: OF

jpdnkstr

Just picked up a LV DART today to try on my D9 Power supplies, can I put anything in the dart that is not full melt? Only reason I didn't buy the Alpha Ultra, I'll be damned if I need another charger or battery! C'mon TV become completely modular!

jpdnkstr,

OF

Just picked up a LV DART today to try on my D9 Power supplies, can I put anything in the dart that is not full melt? Only reason I didn't buy the Alpha Ultra, I'll be damned if I need another charger or battery! C'mon TV become completely modular!

Yes, you can load bubble hash and kief even, it just fouls up quicker (but is easy to clean). If your goods don't melt well you may need to stir them. BTW, full melts won't work in Omicron, only super melts, oils, waxes and the rest. Full melt still have residual plant stuff which will foul the feed in Omicron with no recourse.

I'm not sure what the problem with 'another charger' is, don't you have one for your D9? Same charger.....

FWIW, I'm not sure you'd be happy with the short battery life (maybe two dozen hits) from that tiny battery. Remember there's a much longer preheat time than with Omicron carts. More battery comes in mighty handy.

IMO they are the most modular maker out there? I'm not sure where that's coming from, can you please help me out? What is it you're expecting?

TIA

OF

OF,

jpdnkstr

Yes, you can load bubble hash and kief even, it just fouls up quicker (but is easy to clean). If your goods don't melt well you may need to stir them. BTW, full melts won't work in Omicron, only super melts, oils, waxes and the rest. Full melt still have residual plant stuff which will foul the feed in Omicron with no recourse.

I'm not sure what the problem with 'another charger' is, don't you have one for your D9? Same charger.....

FWIW, I'm not sure you'd be happy with the short battery life (maybe two dozen hits) from that tiny battery. Remember there's a much longer preheat time than with Omicron carts. More battery comes in mighty handy.

IMO they are the most modular maker out there? I'm not sure where that's coming from, can you please help me out? What is it you're expecting?

TIA

OF
Sorry OF, What I meant was, I already have 4 chargers, and plenty of 14500's, and didn't need either with the Alpha Ultra(not Alpha UltraLite) purchase(I only want the battery tube and top). Is the battery time you are referring to, for 14500's or the 10440's(Alpha UltraLite power source)?

Thanks for the clarification on terms(full melt, super melt) I was aware of the difference in products(I produce both for personal consumption!), just not the terms.(which will help me know what people on the computer are referring to!)

About being more modular, I was being a smart ass. Excellent feature BTW(being modular, not being a smart ass!) - But- I would like to purchase just the body and top of the Ultralite.

Can't wait for this thing to get here! I've been completely happy with my other vapes, but do not have a LAYG!

As always, thanks everyone for the info on all these wonderful products, OF your opinion is always respected.(one of the main reasons I took the TV plunge)

I also want to clarify, can I clean the entire dart in Iso(91%)? Is a soak all that is usually needed, or a little scrub too!

jpdnkstr,

Cinnamonster

Sorry OF, What I meant was, I already have 4 chargers, and plenty of 14500's, and didn't need either with the Alpha Ultra(not Alpha UltraLite) purchase(I only want the battery tube and top). Is the battery time you are referring to, for 14500's or the 10440's(Alpha UltraLite power source)?

Thanks for the clarification on terms(full melt, super melt) I was aware of the difference in products(I produce both for personal consumption!), just not the terms.(which will help me know what people on the computer are referring to!)

About being more modular, I was being a smart ass. Excellent feature BTW(being modular, not being a smart ass!) - But- I would like to purchase just the body and top of the Ultralite.

Can't wait for this thing to get here! I've been completely happy with my other vapes, but do not have a LAYG!

As always, thanks everyone for the info on all these wonderful products, OF your opinion is always respected.(one of the main reasons I took the TV plunge)

I also want to clarify, can I clean the entire dart in Iso(91%)? Is a soak all that is usually needed, or a little scrub too!

Yeah dude, you can soak it for however long you want. I keep it in Iso (91%) for 20 minutes before boiling it for another 5 - 10 minutes. I then dry it in a preheated toaster oven (200 F) for 20 minutes.

Cinnamonster,

OF

I would like to purchase just the body and top of the Ultralite.

Glad to hear that much of the problem was my being confused....happens more and more often it seems.....

I have serious trouble finding stuff on the TV site but you should be able to buy the loose parts for any 'battery' (really power supplies) you want. I think the little 10440s are fun, and like Jam I like having that option, but the 14500s get much more work with me (and I'm sure you when you get it).

I'm sure the new gear will please you, it really is super.

As was said above, yes ISO soaks are fine, just don't get any on or in the switch (or batteries). If you wash junk in the switch, there's no way to get it out again. I also put mine in a small vial of ISO in the ultrasonic sink I have for such things. A neat thing to have around, IMO. Something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Ult...1342018639&sr=8-1&keywords=ultrasonic+cleaner

can be a awfully useful gadget to have around sometimes. I fill the bowl with water to couple the energy into a small jar or vial with the solvent and dirty stuff in it. A few minutes does wonders.

For most cleaning a short boil (or even running it under hot tap water for a while) usually does a good job, but I've loaded them up with gunk from a bunch of bubble hash and had them come out basically 'brand new' after an ISO bath, boil and '20-20-20 burn'. Pretty amazing, really.

You're going to love it as a welcome option, no doubt in my mind.

Best wishes.

OF

Top Bottom