Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
this page right here is why i love FC.
thanks to all you great contributors making the use of these products better.
tech data on oil, cleaning operations, shipping times, battery types, and mods.
what more can a guy ask for.

p.s. interesting idea about snapping off my dart tips havealight. sorry the extension fried out, JKA. curious as to how that gripper thing works.

Unfortunately I have to report that my 1 inch long 510 extension has burned out. I suspect the positive contact is really a tiny wire soldered on both ends. Ecigs commonly use tiny wires to save money and act as a fuse for safety, but we need something that can get hot without dying... I tried taking it apart but the press is rock solid.

I've been using it non stop since I last posted about it so I'm switching to my longer gripper extension and hoping it lasts a bit longer...
that's to bad Joe, I was hoping for that to work out. For my Evo, when it gets used I put 2 w-9 adaptors with a 510(m)-601(f) adapter in between. It helps enough for me to not worry about the Persei top, and it seems to be lasting. I only use 1 standard adapter for my dart, it doesn't seem to heat up my top much at all, but party usage definitely could.
Bob: I always felt that the dart tip was the coolest part in there so it would condensate more reclaim then the rest. For me it was about not wanting to put the tip with a bunch of reclaim in my clean jar, so at that point I felt no need for the tip anymore. I could be wrong on the functionality, but I like it.
OF, your usually the first to help a newb that asks a very repetitive question, or has a very common issue. And not with a one line("this fixes it" which ill tend to do), but with enough info to help them fix it and LEARN from it, witch will help them/us in the long run. Keep it up, thank you.
I hate to single one guy out because this whole community is awesome.

OF

OF, your usually the first to help a newb that asks a very repetitive question, or has a very common issue. And not with a one line("this fixes it" which ill tend to do), but with enough info to help them fix it and LEARN from it, witch will help them/us in the long run. Keep it up, thank you.
I hate to single one guy out because this whole community is awesome.

Wow, HAL, thank you very much. Guilty, I'm big on understanding what you're doing. Adults learn new skills that way, children learn by following directions and rote. Teacher stuff, you know. Old habit.

I'm glad you didn't single me out (at least I was one of several, good company BTW....). There are LOTS of white hats in this game for sure. In a very confusing and poorly understood (let alone documented) area, we're right near the sharp part of this here cutting edge stuff. Helping each other and 'keeping it real'. No one guy, or company for that matter, could ever hope to do that alone. We are a team indeed, and I think should take a collective bow and get back to business...... And back to the garden for me after I check the rest of the messages and get some more tea of course.

Thanks once again for the kind words. Such recognition from one's co conspirators (indited or otherwise) is dear indeed. To make that clear, as one of the guilty I find your opinion carries a lot of weight....you know of what you speak as the saying goes.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
sad news, I have a little bit different setup so I will se how long the extension will last, madvapes even threw in an extra one for me. I have a 510 to ego thread adapter on both ends of the 1 inch extension, then I thread a ego collar sleeve that slides over the extension, which then I put the dart on top of that, and the cherry on top, I can slide a ego heat shield cone over the dart and so far, good things, nothing hot to the touch. Everything is black matte, so a bit less hot than stainless steel? With a black mouthpiece, cone, collar, and the black bolt mod I'm using, IMO it looks very bad ass lol

Can you post pics?

JoeKickass

Well both my gripper extension and smaller black extension are gone... they work for a little while but either the heat, the current, or both fries the positive wire inside and they blow...

So unfortunately these won't work:
http://www.madvapes.com/510-Battery-Extension-_p_2870.html
http://www.madvapes.com/Gripper-510-Extension_p_3703.html

But I bought a bunch of these as a second attempt:
http://www.madvapes.com/V2-510-Shorty-Extension-Sealed_p_3171.html

I'll keep you updated but I bought one with the black extensions, it's been working all along and seems much more solid so I have high hopes for a stack of shorty extensions...

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
So how many shorty extensions are you stacking? I got the grippers to help with my rev but it seems like those overheat eventually?

707vallejo707,

JoeKickass

So how many shorty extensions are you stacking? I got the grippers to help with my rev but it seems like those overheat eventually?

Yeah mine blew on the warm-up with a fresh battery and after many long sessions, but you might be able to pro-long it's life with shorter power on times and not using it when the battery is really full...

Just for safety sake, I would recommend the shorty adapter stack when you get a chance. I bought 5 more adapters so I have 6 in total, but I think maybe as few as three might be needed to keep the battery cool... I'll let you guys know when I get them.

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
Yeah mine blew on the warm-up with a fresh battery and after many long sessions, but you might be able to pro-long it's life with shorter power on times and not using it when the battery is really full...

Just for safety sake, I would recommend the shorty adapter stack when you get a chance. I bought 5 more adapters so I have 6 in total, but I think maybe as few as three might be needed to keep the battery cool... I'll let you guys know when I get them.

it seems my extension needs to be wiggled to work, but most of the time it wont connect... 1/2 of these things are working. I need those adapters asap.

707vallejo707,

JoeKickass

I need those adapters asap.

Me too, madvape's shipping dept. is being a pain in the ass...

Just put some bubble into my dart on my persei for the first time. I definitely found a new use for my dart and my bubble.

Wow thanks for that, I assumed it could get messy but if you use rocky hash it works better than oil!

Maybe not when the dart is brand new, but it's definitely better than oil is after you use it a bit and it gets "seasoned"...

JoeKickass,

jpdnkstr

I'm finding my dart drinks the oil pretty fast, but no lack of output!(the only thing I've seen close to 5.0 Ohm omi cart on Persei 7.4v)

Also am enjoying my bubble again!(haven't used water extracts on the go since finding omi carts!)

Looking forward to checking out a EVO or T1!

jpdnkstr,
Reactions: OF

Darb

After struggling with my revolution for months I finally made some progress!
I ordered an adapter so I could try the revolution on my Persei.
The revolution now gets warm in approx 7 seconds with the same batteries I was using in the thermovape power supply.
It took 20 seconds or more with the thermovape power supply.
Bad switch maybe? Or is this normal?
Didn't get to try it out you though.
Just purging a new batch right now. Will report back with impressions/results.

Darb,

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
Have you guys seen the delta9 version of the "G-tank"? not their ego-w but I seen a pic of it on some other forums. That looks promising as well.

707vallejo707,

jpdnkstr

After struggling with my revolution for months I finally made some progress!
I ordered an adapter so I could try the revolution on my Persei.
The revolution now gets warm in approx 7 seconds with the same batteries I was using in the thermovape power supply.
It took 20 seconds or more with the thermovape power supply.
Bad switch maybe? Or is this normal?
Didn't get to try it out you though.
Just purging a new batch right now. Will report back with impressions/results.
I am using my DART on my Persei, but was thinking of getting the TV power supply..... maybe not if there is any truth to the warm up length(BTW I am using LV at 3.7) Curious what others who have tried both power supplies will think.

jpdnkstr,

OF

I am using my DART on my Persei, but was thinking of getting the TV power supply..... maybe not if there is any truth to the warm up length(BTW I am using LV at 3.7) Curious what others who have tried both power supplies will think.

I'm with Jam on this, I find no difference. Nor can a measure one, which to me is a useful objective rating.

I didn't respond to the OPs observation as I don't see enough to make a judgment on. It doesn't square with my experience (but there's a lot of other good folks like Jam that can supply that information). I was, frankly, waiting for more folks to 'weigh in' on the topic, which I guess is happening.

Of the things it can't be is a switch issue. Switches, generally fail as shorts or opens. Partial conduction is not a common mode, and quickly leads to local heating and burn out. Things that don't turn on (or off in some cases) and erratic operation are the usual signs of switch issues. That and smoke, of course.

DART is basically a 1.5 Ohm cart, it just needs a bit of time to heat the larger mass to working temperature. If your supply is OK with 1.5 Ohm Omicron carts, it's OK here. If it's good with one, it's good with the other and so on.

Thread issues aside, of course.

OF

JoeKickass

So I got my adapters (http://www.madvapes.com/V2-510-Shorty-Extension-Sealed_p_3171.html) and they do work but there are some things to consider:

-They get hot farther down than the black extensions (but the black one's burn out so don't buy those...)
-Each one is a little flexible, so together they act a bit like a snake
-The center pin floats so it might be possible to over-extend one if you turn the assembly too hard

But that said, they should be reliable and do indeed keep the battery cool and the heater hot!

zja7R.jpg

Edit: The white mouthpiece you see is actually a ptfe/teflon one that I asked for after my black one melted!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Darb

My revolution works!!! Tried it out with some new concentrate on my persei with the thermovape batteries. CR123A's
Heats up in 7-10 seconds rather than 20 on the thermovape power supply.
Unit now produces a decent amount or vapor.
Needs to be cleaned for better taste but I think I've got it working properly.

Top Bottom