Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

jpdnkstr

So I got my adapters (http://www.madvapes.com/V2-510-Shorty-Extension-Sealed_p_3171.html) and they do work but there are some things to consider:

-They get hot farther down than the black extensions (but the black one's burn out so don't buy those...)
-Each one is a little flexible, so together they act a bit like a snake
-The center pin floats so it might be possible to over-extend one if you turn the assembly too hard

But that said, they should be reliable and do indeed keep the battery cool and the heater hot!

zja7R.jpg

Edit: The white mouthpiece you see is actually a ptfe/teflon one that I asked for after my black one melted!
Keep us posted on these spacers......

Did you melt the delrin or just the o ring?

Wow, I thought I was getting mine hot..... I guess not! LOL

jpdnkstr,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Keep us posted on these spacers......

Wow, I thought I was getting mine hot..... I guess not! LOL

Was that the one that melted when putting it strait into the EVO? or from a torch?

With the Revolution you can dry fire or just fire the core for as long as your batteries can take it, with this you might notice that the cores get hotter compared to others that aren't able to dryfire let alone fire it for any length of time. Ive even ripped through a few 18650's and ive never seen the core get hot enough to melt a mouthpiece.

Tim

SameOldTim,
Reactions: OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Was that the one that melted when putting it strait into the EVO? or from a torch?

With the Revolution you can dry fire or just fire the core for as long as your batteries can take it, with this you might notice that the cores get hotter compared to others that aren't able to dryfire let alone fire it for any length of time. Ive even ripped through a few 18650's and ive never seen the core get hot enough to melt a mouthpiece.

Tim
I use my Evo with an extended delrin mouthpiece directly into the Evo core (no intermediate insulating sleeve) 100% of the time, and the delrin hasn't as much as deformed, let alone melted. The O-Ring has also been fine. fwiw.

OF

Tim, sometimes you make my day....I swear! Talk about a 'no limits' kinda guy. I'm sure there are things you won't try, but it scares me to think what they might be.

One thing sure, by the time a TV product has made it to the page it's likely been tested in some out of the normal, brutal ways. Gives a guy confidence, if you didn't break it, I don't stand a chance.

You were responsible for my personal 'turning point' with these guys with your 'let it run, we make tough heaters here' comment. Once I stopped worrying about overheating it and let it run the way it was designed to be a whole new world opened up.......

It's all your fault.

Tim, can I purchase just the Alpha Ultra body, without charger and batts?

I'm not Tim....but they're on record, 'it's all for sale'. And it seems very reasonably priced. I'd send 'em an email directly. You might want to consider a couple of the batteries if they have them in stock and you don't already have a pile of 'em, IIRC their price was quite good, and the little rascals aren't all that easy to find.

OF

OF,

Darb

So I got my adapters (http://www.madvapes.com/V2-510-Shorty-Extension-Sealed_p_3171.html) and they do work but there are some things to consider:

-They get hot farther down than the black extensions (but the black one's burn out so don't buy those...)
-Each one is a little flexible, so together they act a bit like a snake
-The center pin floats so it might be possible to over-extend one if you turn the assembly too hard

But that said, they should be reliable and do indeed keep the battery cool and the heater hot!

zja7R.jpg

Edit: The white mouthpiece you see is actually a ptfe/teflon one that I asked for after my black one melted!

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered five of these!!

Darb,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Tim, can I purchase just the Alpha Ultra body, without charger and batts?
Hey yes you can get just the device w/out batt's or charger! Give us an e-mail at sales@thermovape.com and we can get you setup. Eventually they will make their way to the website when we get around to it.

If anyone has a question if we sell just one part of a group of parts that arent mentioned on the website, the answer is yes! (within reason) You just have to give us a call or an e-mail and we can get it ordered for you.

I use my Evo with an extended delrin mouthpiece directly into the Evo core (no intermediate insulating sleeve) 100% of the time, and the delrin hasn't as much as deformed, let alone melted. The O-Ring has also been fine. fwiw.

Very good!

I still like to use my Evo with the PTFE sleeve, i tried it with just a mouthpiece but i still perfer the OEM way. maybe its just me.....

Cheers,

Tim

JoeKickass

Was that the one that melted when putting it strait into the EVO? or from a torch?... Ive even ripped through a few 18650's and ive never seen the core get hot enough to melt a mouthpiece.

Yup that's right, like I said from the beginning, the TV devices transfer too much heat to the battery and could benefit from a quality insulating adapter. *cough... make one tv!... cough*

With the insulation the heat is not wasted heating up the battery so it heats up faster, gets hotter, and yes with long repeated draws you can melt delrin (the constricted, revolution-style ones anyway...)

jmorales707

Hello I just ordered a dart and regular revolution with window and I realized the windowed doesn't have the LV on the bottom, which I ordered. Now I was planning on using this with a persei 1.5 volt because I think I read that it would cause problems with 6v or 7.4 volt.. Is it better to exchange for an lv or would this work on persei???

jmorales707,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That's really your call, the 6v should work fine on the Persei, you will just need the correct batteries 3.0 lifepo4 750mah (max). Otherwise, I would contact TV right away and get it fixed. Don't run it any higher than 6v. 7.4 is likely to kill it.

jambandphan03,

OF

Now I was planning on using this with a persei 1.5 volt because I think I read that it would cause problems with 6v or 7.4 volt.. Is it better to exchange for an lv or would this work on persei???

I assume you meant 3.7 Volts? 1.5 Ohms is the normal resistance for LV Revolution/Dart.

That's really your call, the 6v should work fine on the Persei, you will just need the correct batteries 3.0 lifepo4 750mah (max). Otherwise, I would contact TV right away and get it fixed. Don't run it any higher than 6v. 7.4 is likely to kill it.

Ms. Jam, ever the champion of the understatement is IMO spot on. It won't 'likely' kill it, it will with lead pipe certainty if you give it the chance.

My advice is to swap it for the LV version, if you have 'a mixed bag' of carts it's only a matter of time before you end up with a SV unit that won't heat on LV or a LV unit you send to the happy hunting grounds as you enjoy the wonderful and new found 'huge clouds'. I'd stick with DART and Revolution in matching voltages, SV or LV, but both the same.

OF

tharealmclovin

I went SV for my Persei. I hope I don't regret not getting LV instead.

EDIT: wrong thread. Meant for the EVO thread

tharealmclovin,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Wasn't satisfied with the clouds with either evo. Got my whole thermovape kit minus my lv darts cleaned up looking for a home, might be putting them in the classifies if i can't find them a new home.

kushcabbage,

jpdnkstr

Have you tried T1, LV dart is my only TV piece, so far...hence all the questions.

EDIT: Would like to add that I love it, just like to use as a "load as you go" style.

jpdnkstr,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Have you tried T1, LV dart is my only TV piece, so far...hence all the questions.

EDIT: Would like to add that I love it, just like to use as a "load as you go" style.

yes I own and am retiring the t1 as well, very impressed by everything except for the battery management, but I'm sure the PA adapter fixes that. I guess I'm more of "plug it in to charge or if possible, vape and charge" kind of guy? I was only using arizer disks in my t1 to keep the core clean and it gave me bigger clouds, and was nice to have pre packed disks to just throw in, but I'd just have to carry just as many batteries.
Can you post pics?

here you go miss jam, I added joekickass idea of the sealed extension and I am using three with a collar or just the ego adapter no extensions without the collar. Great tip joe! Excuse three photos at message board size. Cheers, this mod has been giving me no heat.

photo3asw.jpg

photovww.jpg

photo1zzu.jpg

Venomous

I've blown through a full gram of pure gold, 3 grams of various waxes and some hash. Rev is impressive and I haven't cleaned it yet.

The pure gold oil will cake up. About the 4th I use the dart, I'll clean the exterior of it using some iOS and q tip.

Thanks of for the ultrasonic cleaner.i added it. Did you use water or USO for the cleaning solution?

Venomous,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Thanks of for the ultrasonic cleaner.i added it. Did you use water or USO for the cleaning solution?

CAUTION: don't use ISO in the cleaner by itself. Put the ISO in a smaller jar, drop in your pieces, cap it up, and then place in cleaner. Add water to cleaner up to ISO level in jar and then run the cleaner.

Venomous

CAUTION: don't use ISO in the cleaner by itself. Put the ISO in a smaller jar, drop in your pieces, cap it up, and then place in cleaner. Add water to cleaner up to ISO level in jar and then run the cleaner.

Thanks

Venomous,

OF

Being the lazy type, I don't cap it. Just be sure it's flat enough on the bottom not to want to tip over and keep the water level outside down enough so it doesn't want to float off. It will center itself on one of the 'nodes' of standing waves in the bowl, kind of fun to watch.

Be careful about capping it too tight, the energy in the ultrasonics can heat it enough to raise the pressure inside otherwise.

Also a bit of detergent in the water can help the coupling sometimes. A drop or two of dish soap, worth a try. Once you have one, you'll be surprised at how handy they can be. Put the wife's jewelery in and get a big hug (and maybe loose the unit....). Does a great job on cleaning the grunge out of the tight spots on my glasses, too, leave's 'em mighty clean as well. Just be sure not to leave them lens down, it can scratch them 'dancing' on the bottom. I just use the water and detergent, then rinse 'em off.

OF

leetmode

Well I've had my Rev for a few days and so far I absolutely love it for what it is. My only complaints are how easy it is for things to get messy and concentrates getting stuck on to the inner walls of the DART, no biggie since it can be scrapped off eventually but it would be sweet if there was a way to get all the concentrates on the ceramic piece on a regularly basis for people with out steady hands lol.

I also really wish it could hold a larger amount of concentrates in there because at this point I'm definitely going to have to bring a small stash with me if I want to use it through out the day (something I really didn't want to do but I'll figure out a way to deal with it), maybe this is a feature that could be available in the future?

I noticed however that my Rev has to get pretty damn hot for it to start vaporizing the concentrates, I was thinking this is mostly due to the fact that the concentrates I'm using now has a thicker consistency than usual, but I was wondering if you guys had similar experiences.

Anyway would like to thanks to TV team for making a great product, looking forward to getting my T1 conversion kit soon!

leetmode,
Top Bottom