Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I also would like to see the Ultra and Ultralite sold as stand alone units for those of us with batteries/chargers already. :)

Noted.... ;)

You guys are in for some treats in the future, im onto the next round of new ideas already. And of coarse you want details right......

Ill tell you Three things:
1. One will be the most effective portable vapor delivery system to date for concentrates
2. One is a tool
3. ....um... Did i mention number 1? :dog:

Cheers,

Tim

Adobewan

Wanted to jump on quick and mention Tim has been spending a chunk of his day servicing me as if I was his only customer.
Patient, informative, friendly, and generous, he's provided an excellent customer experience.
I warn all customers, don't post any issues you may have with TV's products, Tim will PURSUE you to make it right! :)
Happy customer here!
(I'm posting this across the TV threads, hope that's cool.)

707vallejo707

NorCalLeftSideWe$tSide
Batteries are getting too hot on my 3.7v also tried w bubble hash and it needs to get even more too hot to handle before I can get a good enough amount of vapor. I guess I'll stick to wax and oil for now...

707vallejo707,

erkmia

Noted.... ;)

You guys are in for some treats in the future, im onto the next round of new ideas already. And of coarse you want details right......

1. One will be the most effective portable vapor delivery system to date for concentrates
2. One is a tool

Cheers,

Tim

What will the capacity of concentrate be in this new gadget?

erkmia,

leetmode

Noted.... ;)

2. One is a tool

Cheers,

Tim
I was just about to press "Complete my purchase" button for a Rev on your site, should I hold out for this instead? How long till it's release?? (if you don't mind sharing lol)

leetmode,
Reactions: Norlin

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
I was just about to press "Complete my purchase" button for a Rev on your site, should I hold out for this instead? How long till it's release?? (if you don't mind sharing lol)

They are all months away, its my own mad scientist kinda experiment for now. Just playing around with new ideas.

Cheers,

Tim

OF

Hopefully something reeeeal diabolical. :D cheers, Tim.

I think you can count on that (or it'll never see the light of day). I've been privy to a few of his experiments, some of them you know as the fine products we have available. Most fall short of course, but some of those lead on to other stuff.

I'd say Tim is indeed a 'mad scientist' of sorts, leaning heavy to the mad side. As a scientist, I'd say he's a classic 'old school experimentalist', my favorite type in fact. And I'm not sure he ever sleeps.

OF

Sleepy96

So I just received my revolution with DART tip. I do have some concerns though. It seems that the ceramic wafer on the bottom of the cartridge does not cover the entire bottom, as in there is space on both sides of the wafer for oil to pass right by it. Is this a problem?

There were also some minor cosmetic scratches on the black body of the vape. Not that this is a big deal, but if I'm going to pay $150 for something of this size, it should be flawless and not have scratches anywhere. My battery case is also not as described on the website, a MUCH cheaper and thinner tube. This doesn't effect the function at all obviously. lol They did give me a free extended mouthpiece which is cool though!

On a lighter note though, this vape seems very quality built and I'm sure will last a long time :)

Sleepy96,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
So I just received my revolution with DART tip. I do have some concerns though. It seems that the ceramic wafer on the bottom of the cartridge does not cover the entire bottom, as in there is space on both sides of the wafer for oil to pass right by it. Is this a problem?

There were also some minor cosmetic scratches on the black body of the vape. Not that this is a big deal, but if they expect people to pay $150 for something of this size, it should be flawless and not have scratches anywhere. My battery case is also not as described on the website, a MUCH cheaper and thinner tube. This doesn't effect the function at all obviously. lol They did give me a free extended mouthpiece which is cool though!

On a lighter note though, this vape seems very quality built and I'm sure will last a long time :)

Terribly sorry about any scratches on your unit, we test every unit before it ships and sometimes we test it extra tough.

In the core there are 2 air-bypass's on either side of the ceramic, this is all a part of the design so there is no need to worry.

Cheers,

Tim

SameOldTim,

Sleepy96

Terribly sorry about any scratches on your unit, we test every unit before it ships and sometimes we test it extra tough.

In the core there are 2 air-bypass's on either side of the ceramic, this is all a part of the design so there is no need to worry.

Cheers,

Tim

Its quite alright Tim! Either way I am glad to buy an all American made product and I know you all aren't a huge company, so no hard feelings! Although some free stuff in compensation would be nice...... haha just kidding!

But that's good to hear about the ceramic as well, time to fire this thing up and try it out :tup::razz:

Nick Brand

Bud Vaporer
Its quite alright Tim! Either way I am glad to buy an all American made product and I know you all aren't a huge company, so no hard feelings! Although some free stuff in compensation would be nice...... haha just kidding!

But that's good to hear about the ceramic as well, time to fire this thing up and try it out :tup::razz:
Looking for to your first use report, sleepy. My T1's supposedly out for delivery now (I already have the Rev conv kit), and I hope to post my first use report later today.
cheers mate

Sleepy96

Looking for to your first use report, sleepy. My T1's supposedly out for delivery now, and I hope to post my first use report later today.
cheers mate

Once I got the timing right I could get some good hits. The unit gets pretty warm after heating it up around 5 times (10-30 seconds as recommended). I can see how the extender would be a good idea to help dissipate some of that heat.

There is a slight chemical-y taste at first which I think I heard is common for these when heating it up for the first couple times? It could also just be the oil I've made which isn't top notch, not bad but the taste isn't amazing in this. At the same time I've never "dabbed" before from a nail/dome or anything like that, so my experience is subjective. Though I feel like the amount I used in this would have been vaporized more efficiently in my Purple Days. Maybe its just the oil I'm using that's not vaping as well or what? I've tried to follow the "small bb size" amount with the DART but have only gotten a few solid hits after several attempts. I guess there's a slight learning curve :p

Overall I think the quality of everything is good, I definitely feel pretty medicated at this point. lol But looking back at it I may have benefited more from the T1 or Evolution since I don't have a huge amount of plant material to make oil out of. I'm glad the system is modular because I will most likely get a conversion for one of those!

JoeKickass

Maybe its just the oil I'm using that's not vaping as well or what? I've tried to follow the "small bb size" amount with the DART but have only gotten a few solid hits after several attempts.

If you have a high tolerance like me you and want thick vapor, let it get hot before adding dabs, and then draw very slowly so it heats up more as you go.

Also, if you've only added a tiny amount to a brand new dart it could just be low on oil. If the ceramic doesn't look saturated try adding some more

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The ceramic comes dry and porous, so your first load is more of a primer load, try again, just be careful not to overload it, my rule of thumb is put a dab on the fresh ceramic, heat till it bubbles down and vanishes, then add another dab on top of that, and then start to hit. This primes it, and saturates the ceramic.

jmorales707

Sorry in advanced I'm pretty new to the vaping game. I trying to get t some info on the DART compared to omicron carts. Pretty much just wondering if the dart is reusable/ cleanable...... I know the omicron carts shouldn't be reused.

jmorales707,

PB88123

Vaporist
Sorry in advanced I'm pretty new to the vaping game. I trying to get t some info on the DART compared to omicron carts. Pretty much just wondering if the dart is reusable/ cleanable...... I know the omicron carts shouldn't be reused.

The DART is a load as you go vape.

The DART is reusable and can be cleaned by letting it soak in ISO and then boiled. There is a video of the makers cleaning one on their website

There is also a summer catalog for those who want to know more about all their products http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0106/8282/files/ThermoVape_Vaporizers_Summer_Catalog_2012.pdf?3694

Sleepy96

Thanks for the tips guys that seemed to help!

While I like it, I would have to say I'm not very satisfied with the efficiency of this unit. It does work pretty well with a good size dab, but it doesn't seem to last as long as I'd expect when I compare it to something like using the same amount in my Purple Days. It gets pretty burnt tasting after needing to heat it up for so long and after going through about 8+ bb sized dabs it started to taste pretty nasty and I am already needing to clean it. I know my oil isn't that bad nor does it have much if any plant material in it.

So to sum up, I'd have to say some of the dissapointments are:

-Top of dart cartridge (the dart part with the mouthpiece) doesn't fit very snug when attached, it wiggles around a bit
-Unit gets very warm only after a few hits, I don't see how it could be used for a long period without the unit getting too hot
-Battery tube has a rubber cap and is thin. Nothing like what is pictured on the site with the screw top
-Dart doesnt drip all of the oil down, the bit thats on the tip gets vaporized but some sort of it also wicks back up the dart, even after heating for a long period it wont drip down. Not quite what I was expecting
- The top ceramic wafer (with the holes on the sides) kind of floats around in the cartridge, if you tap the side of the cartridge slightly it shifts around. Its very loosely fit in, I'm not sure if it should be like this but it doesn't seem right.

For the price I was really expecting a little more out of this unit. But its my first experience with a portable vape like this so idk if this is just what there is to offer, but for the price I would have liked to have a little more efficiency and better fitting in some parts. I'm considering getting a T1 conversion to get some good use out of this, I just wish it wasn't as much as I paid for the whole vape kit. lol. I've also considered getting an Omicron cartridge to have a little easier "on the go" use when I commute and such since the dart requires multiple loads for one session, and its not the easiest to transport concentrates when its this hot outside. Would I need an adapter to use an Omicron cartridge? And of course an extension would seem to be a good idea to reduce the heat getting transferred to the battery unit.

Sleepy96,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Wanted to jump on quick and mention Tim has been spending a chunk of his day servicing me as if I was his only customer.
Patient, informative, friendly, and generous, he's provided an excellent customer experience.
I warn all customers, don't post any issues you may have with TV's products, Tim will PURSUE you to make it right! :)
Happy customer here!
(I'm posting this across the TV threads, hope that's cool.)

Thats great to hear. I owe Tim a visit for some tech support when I return from vacation. having success with Revo, some with the Evo and still not much with the T1.

ru_frothi,

OF

So to sum up, I'd have to say some of the dissapointments are:

For the price I was really expecting a little more out of this unit.

I've also considered getting an Omicron cartridge to have a little easier "on the go" use when I commute and such since the dart requires multiple loads for one session, and its not the easiest to transport concentrates when its this hot outside. Would I need an adapter to use an Omicron cartridge? And of course an extension would seem to be a good idea to reduce the heat getting transferred to the battery unit.

I'm sorry your expectations lead to disappointments, but IMO everything you report is normal except perhaps the battery container part. On that there was a lot of discussion a while ago. The old container was much more bulky (source of complaints), it's actually the blanks soft drink bottles are 'blown' from. The current tube was sourced instead after some testing (I was one of those guys....). The cap is intended for two modes, for routine use put it on a short way and pinch it to remove, for more secure carry push it all the way down. Some guys also like the ability to cut the tube down to hold only two batteries.

You must have a heavy habit, 50 or so mg is a serious session for most of us, you can load about twice that if you're careful to be sure it's fairly empty first. The extract up above is actually condensate. It eventually reaches a steady state where that which flows down is replaced by vapor. If you can't get the job done with 10 mg hits from DART, you're likely to need a lot of 3 mg hits from Omicron, but by all means give it a try. Understand Omicron can be a lot more picky about what it will feed with and not leak. You'll need one of these:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

to adapt the threads. I'd suggest you start with 2.4 Ohm carts until you learn to handle them, then consider moving to the high output 1.5s (about twice the level, but harder to control). The high output carts run maybe 5 or 6 mg per hit on average, half the DART level? If you need to vape a tenth or more (which it sounds like?) you should get several sessions between fills (put at least .5 grams in, but never more than one total). The Omicron will 'stall out' with about .2 grams in it and need topping up. You should get several grams of clean oil out of an Omicron cart before it's spent.

Good luck.

OF

kittyboy

so I have persi and omin
so will the Dart 510 thread pattern work with omni and persi? (I can buy 510 adapter) and has anyone tried the high voltage dart vs low voltage? What do folks think of hits with Dart and do u prefer the window to the dabber? Also has anyone tried the Flower chamber as well?

kittyboy,

Sleepy96

I'm sorry your expectations lead to disappointments, but IMO everything you report is normal except perhaps the battery container part. On that there was a lot of discussion a while ago. The old container was much more bulky (source of complaints), it's actually the blanks soft drink bottles are 'blown' from. The current tube was sourced instead after some testing (I was one of those guys....). The cap is intended for two modes, for routine use put it on a short way and pinch it to remove, for more secure carry push it all the way down. Some guys also like the ability to cut the tube down to hold only two batteries.

You must have a heavy habit, 50 or so mg is a serious session for most of us, you can load about twice that if you're careful to be sure it's fairly empty first. The extract up above is actually condensate. It eventually reaches a steady state where that which flows down is replaced by vapor. If you can't get the job done with 10 mg hits from DART, you're likely to need a lot of 3 mg hits from Omicron, but by all means give it a try. Understand Omicron can be a lot more picky about what it will feed with and not leak. You'll need one of these:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

to adapt the threads. I'd suggest you start with 2.4 Ohm carts until you learn to handle them, then consider moving to the high output 1.5s (about twice the level, but harder to control). The high output carts run maybe 5 or 6 mg per hit on average, half the DART level? If you need to vape a tenth or more (which it sounds like?) you should get several sessions between fills (put at least .5 grams in, but never more than one total). The Omicron will 'stall out' with about .2 grams in it and need topping up. You should get several grams of clean oil out of an Omicron cart before it's spent.

Good luck.

OF

Thanks for the tips, OF. I may look into the Omicron carts, after a little more research.

Ever after trying these things suggested in the dart I just feel like I am wasting oil. I don't see myself using the dart very much as I don't have access to a lot to make oil to waste, and I'd rather have more efficiency by using my Purple Days (which provides more hits that don't taste burnt). I am in a transition phase during college and jobs so I don't have any money, kind of a disappointment that I spent money on something that wont really be used. I can't afford to spend another $100+ for a T1 conversion right now (that I know I would use a lot more), but who knows if that will lead to disappointment as well.

I'm sure if you have a lot of oil its no problem, but when you don't have a lot of money to spend to make oil, it all comes down to efficiency of vaporizing the material you have. In which at this point the TVDART doesn't seem to fit those needs for me.

Oh well. Live and learn.

Sleepy96,
Reactions: OF

Nic

I've approached learning to use my Dart the way I approached learning to drive stick. I know what I'm learning had the potential to be more efficient and give me more control, but it takes practice and patience. The only "portable" vape that has no learning curve is the Solo. I love mine, but if I'm not rocking a backpack, it is not what what I consider portable.

I also don't think you will like the Omi based on your experience with the Dart, but everyone is different with different needs. Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Nic,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom