Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
stickstones said:
looks like starting this new thread is working out decent...would you guys agree?
Yeah id say it's better to separate the info on the 2 as the techniques/battery life/care instructions were starting to lead to confusion for some folks

SF Giant,

SD_haze

stickstones said:
looks like starting this new thread is working out decent...would you guys agree?

5 pages in 4 days? oh yess

The TV thread got to nearly 70 pages in under a month so definitely needed some filtering out.

SD_haze,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Holy crap guys, just got my adapter interface for the revolution and put one drop of BHO(made myself, kind of dark yellow) in to test it out and I am feeling great! Talk about conserving, I got another 100 drops or so in the vial and I have a feeling its going to last me a long while. Not sure how fast my tolerance is going to go up tho. Need to go get some Shiva crystals from the dispensary to really try this out.

BudBuddy,

marduk

daydreamer
I stumbled onto this because I was having a hard time getting the delrin sleeve off my TV1 to boil it prior to first use. I needed leverage, and I thought to myself that the diameter of the battery case/bottle looked like it might be close to the diameter I needed. Well, it was perfect, and then I thought of this for the Revolution. I don't have a Revolution, so I can't test it all the way myself, but I think if you take off the mouthpiece and put it in the space next to the heater core, everything should be in there nice and tight.

Any Revolution owner want to put it to the test? Or donate their Revolution adapter to me so I can test? :D

Indestructible odor control case:

RjQkS.jpg

marduk,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
To get the derlin sleeve off you need to boil the entire unit, you don't take the sleeve off before. Derlin is safe to boil, and after boiling the sleeve easily comes off.... or so I've been told by TV. I haven't actually tried it and personally I don't see any benefit to removing the sleeve, even with the Revolution.

:peace:

Stu,

marduk

daydreamer
Yes I know about the boiling and different rates of thermal expansion and that delrin is safe to boil. I switched it on to get it heated up, and figured that would be enough. I just wanted everything apart when I started to boil it. I guess I'm just OCD that way. The middle delrin piece was no problem, it was just the bottom.

Anyway, the point of my post was just for the Revolution. I agree that if the Revolution came with a delrin sleeve, there would be no real advantage to removing it, but it doesn't come with a sleeve. You only get a sleeve if you get the TV1 and buy the Revolution adapter as an add-on.

marduk,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
marduk said:
Yes I know about the boiling and different rates of thermal expansion and that delrin is safe to boil. I switched it on to get it heated up, and figured that would be enough. I just wanted everything apart when I started to boil it. I guess I'm just OCD that way. The middle delrin piece was no problem, it was just the bottom.

Anyway, the point of my post was just for the Revolution. I agree that if the Revolution came with a delrin sleeve, there would be no real advantage to removing it, but it doesn't come with a sleeve. You only get a sleeve if you get the TV1 and buy the Revolution adapter as an add-on.
Ahh.. I understand you question now. You want to know if the Revolution can fit in the battery tube. Sorry, I'm a bit slow tonight. :ko:

I don't want to remove my derlin sleeve, but just eyeballing it, it looks to be just a tad too long to fit with the screwtop on. I'm not 100% though.
:peace:

Stu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I am sure the guys at TV will sell you a lower Delrin sleeve if you want one for your Revolution. The lower body is the same as the T1.

t-dub,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
I find taking my errls torch and GENTLY heating the rev, gets it all nice and packed on top of the element and makes fore some awesome tokes :) I find myself toploading and melting better than using the window, twising it and getting sticky bho melt everywhere!

Xchadb,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Xchadb, how often do you "open the window"? Do you still get oil on the "window" area with this method? I do find the constantly oily window to be annoying and would leave it all shut if this method alieveates the oily buildup on the outside.

Stu,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I found the best method for me to not gunk the window all up is to get a about a drop of oil on a toothpick and give the unit a little warm up (just a few on and offs just to warm not to prime for use). This lets the oil just melt off the toothpick straight into the ceramic. Doing this a few times results in a nice amount of oil absorbed into the ceramic as well as mound of oil sitting neatly in the middle. It touches the sides a bit if you put a lot but it doesn't gunk up the window at all.

BudBuddy,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Finaalllly mine is out for delivery... I'll let you guys know how homemade bho, ISO wand/reclaim dark oil, and loose fine kief work.

MarcellusWiley,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
MarcellusWiley said:
Finaalllly mine is out for delivery... I'll let you guys know how homemade bho, ISO wand/reclaim dark oil, and loose fine kief work.

Looking forward to your report(s) sir or madam!! :brow:

Bluntcrush,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I got four nice hits off one drop and was feeling great, whispy hits after that but still tasted good. Loaded it up with four drops and took to to my buddies and I'm pretty sure he wants one now too as we both got pretty medicated. Forgot to count hits that time lol.

I really have to commend TV again on the quality we are getting in both service and product, hell the whole experience.

Tried the HR Atomizer yesterday too and it literally is a portable hookah. Five drops seems to be a good amount to fully saturate the fiber without any overflow into the wells in the interface (if you do flood it just clean it out, no biggie like other e-cig units). I definitely need to switch to all VG liquids though. Have some Viking Vapor that is 20% PG and it hits the throat to hard for my taste. The clouds though, my god the CLOUDS.

BudBuddy,

igot5onit

cool. i'm getting 3-7 per drop depending on a lot of factors. first 2-3 are epic and then it trails off. I find if you leave it for a few minutes and come back, that first one back is nice. i haven't really found though that if you put in 4 drops you get 4 x more. think you just get more epic hits before it starts to trail off.

yes, tv service has been fantastic. kudos to them

igot5onit,
Top Bottom