Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Peloton said:
So guys and gals, whats the verdict on abv QWISO and other runny stuff? Does it just drop right in and absorb into the ceramic? How's it vape? This would really be great if it worked well for it.
Im still yet to make any, but im a big user of it, and im about due to make a batch, ill make sure to report back.

Xchadb,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
While I haven't tried qwiso yet, I have been using some really runny stuff and it works just fine. It seems to get stuck on the interior wall at first, but a good portion will run down into the chamber and vape away. I have some iso reclaim, but I really can't see testing it out just yet while I have much better product to "test out". From what I can tell so far, anything that runs when hot will vape just fine.

:peace:

Stu,

lepstadder

but I wouldn't count of being able to 'sterilize' a well used Revolution. Not an issue for the medical users it's intended for, of course, but worth keeping in mind for the rest.

Saying that this is not an issue for medical users is ignorant, we still live in a world of discrimination, even though you may have a medical card in one area does not mean that you are exempt from police action against you for medicating

I am a patient that travels all across the east coast, not every state allows for medical cannabis

I am in need of a device that can be cleaned 100% of medical residue

Thermovape assured that it would be possible with this device, I have not found this to be an accurate statement

If detectable concentrate residue is always present inside the heating element even after cleaning a law enforcement officer/interdiction officer would be more that happy to infringe on your rights and detain the device in question while they test it in the lab

And boom paraphernalia charge

-- on a second note ---

This thing EXCELS with waxes oils budders qwiso bho anything of that nature this thing is phenomenal

lepstadder,
Reactions: 215z

OF

lepstadder said:
but I wouldn't count of being able to 'sterilize' a well used Revolution. Not an issue for the medical users it's intended for, of course, but worth keeping in mind for the rest.

Saying that this is not an issue for medical users is ignorant, we still live in a world of discrimination, even though you may have a medical card in one area does not mean that you are exempt from police action against you for medicating

I am a patient that travels all across the east coast, not every state allows for medical cannabis

I am in need of a device that can be cleaned 100% of medical residue

Thermovape assured that it would be possible with this device, I have not found this to be an accurate statement

If detectable concentrate residue is always present inside the heating element even after cleaning a law enforcement officer/interdiction officer would be more that happy to infringe on your rights and detain the device in question while they test it in the lab

I'm sorry you consider me ignorant, the quote above is mine. And I stick by it. I just don't think taking the unit into locations where it's not legal (no medical program, or you're not in it) is the same thing as MMJ use, is it? Medical users from another state have no legitimate business holding there...or there's no problem.

I've no idea of conversations you may have had with TV, but let me restate my belief that 100% cleaning isn't really practical (or maybe even possible). Give the cops enough reason to call on Mister Gas Chromatograph and they'll likely find a few hundred molecules of any of the cannabinoids involved and you're busted. Could probably do as much with a methanol rinse of your clothes or skin as well, if you made it worth their trouble.

At the risk of repeating myself, if those are your conditions, I don't think this is the device for you. Go with something like the coil VG or Eubie? SS can be made clean with enough effort, and new Eubies are cheap enough to throw out when soiled.

OF

OF,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
What we say about the unit is that you can sterilize it through boiling for >10 minutes. Now sterilization for this purpose is "a technique for destroying microorganisms or inanimate objects using heat, water, chemicals, or gases."

I am sure you and OF are correct, there is no way for the device to 100% categorically, free from any possibly residue on an molecular level.

You could get close perhaps by running a torch through the window onto the ceramic to attempt to incinerate any residue, then soak it in alcohol to dissolve any residue, and then boil it for an extended period of time, with rinsing under warm running water to dislodge any residue.

That is certainly not our recommended method. But the Revolution would be pretty clean after all that. "Clean to the last molecule" probably not. Perfection is often sought, yet it is rarely achievable in my personal experience.

If you need a device that can be cleaned, truly cleaned to the molecular residue level... it probably is not the Revolution. If you want something you can easily clean and sterilize, then the Revolution fits that bill.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

lepstadder

lol

I've no idea of conversations you may have had with TV, but let me restate my belief that 100% cleaning isn't really practical (or maybe even possible). Give the cops enough reason to call on Mister Gas Chromatograph and they'll likely find a few hundred molecules of any of the cannabinoids involved and you're busted. Could probably do as much with a methanol rinse of your clothes or skin as well, if you made it worth their trouble.

Th glass vapor genie can be cleaned 100% with isopropyl, man portables can not, like the supreme and the mflb

This feature is essential for those who travel through non medical safe areas, once they get to a safe spot you can medicate with your device, clean it, and travel safely

I must have been mistaken in stating that i asked maybe just assumed from watching the video that following those guidelines would be enough. A large amount of folks in the community use "sterilize" very loosely defining it more as removing thc residue, But i understand what it actually means, as someone who works in clean rooms with hepa filters, flow hood autoclaves etc

I already own the device BTW and really enjoy it

If i need to can i just turn it on after it is cleaned&dry as per your video and just let it sit there heating up until nothing is left to cook on the element? then clean it again?

Would it damage the element if it is on for an extended period of time without any material to vaporize?

lepstadder,

MacRadish

lepstadder said:
This feature is essential for those who travel through non medical safe areas

As I travel out of CO, I am not comfortable carrying, whatever it may be or however clean it is. Things are shipped ahead of time to where I'll be. I even put an SSV and a GVG in two frequented destinations. I can easily see in the near future sending out, or just drop shipping, a spare Revolution to be "on site" and carry the TV as an ecig, already equipped with the Interface Adapter.

I guess there are times where that method cannot be employed.

MacRadish,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was vaping some qwiso tonight, and the air holes started to act clogged, and there started to be a bit of a burned taste, so I took it all apart and boiled it. Now it's soaking in some 91% iso so hopefully that will take care of the burned flavor I was getting. I'm not sure exactly why it started tasting like that other than maybe my oil is just not filtered enough and plant residue is getting trapped in the heating element as it melts down. I'll try again tomorrow after it dries over night.

jambandphan03,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OK so now that some folks have had a revolution for a few days. How much can one load up. There was talk from TV before that this thing could give more than 100 hits off concentrate ala omicron. Has anyone loaded one up and see how far it can go. How much can 1 load up. How much does 5 or 6 drops weigh?

ru_frothi,

igot5onit

i'm not getting even close to that. If I put 5 drops of BHO in there, I get about 5 hits. I've loaded wax up to the bottom of the door, and still only gotten 5 or 6 hits.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it needs a clean?

When the hits are milky, they rule. But so far I have not found the same experiences as others have posted where they're just hitting and hitting it and coming back to it and still hitting it. I feel like I constantly have to to load it. And the batteries last maybe 10 hits. And I have to heat it up for more like 30 seconds and not 10.

TV, can you speak to any of this?

I asked you some questions a while back on here (previous old thread) but you didn't answer.

I was so excited for this and the concept is great, but my experience with execution has led me to conclude this is a portable nail that needs to be operated like a nail. Load, heat, hit, change batteries. It has not been for me, yet, load once, and keep hitting and hitting.

igot5onit,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Are you mixing it around - or does it just disappear? The wax, did you make it yourself or is it from a trusted source?

sessnet,

igot5onit

not sure what you mean by mixing around. I thought that was more for kief, bubble, etc. I have scraped the oil down that collected on the sides of the chamber to get more onto the heater. That will give me a puff or two. what i am putting in is disappearing and some residue is left on the chamber side walls which i've been scraping down. i only see oil residue in the chamber, i don't really see any chunky gunk.

i have tried 6 or 7 waxes and oils from different Bay Area dispensaries, all with similar results.

igot5onit,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just moving into testing wax and full melt... Can I just roll up a small ball and throw it in the Rev chamber? How are the batts holding up with this attachment? Any help will be appreciated Friends!! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
igot5onit said:
i'm not getting even close to that. If I put 5 drops of BHO in there, I get about 5 hits. I've loaded wax up to the bottom of the door, and still only gotten 5 or 6 hits.

When the hits are milky, they rule. But so far I have not found the same experiences as others have posted where they're just hitting and hitting it and coming back to it and still hitting it. I feel like I constantly have to to load it. And the batteries last maybe 10 hits. And I have to heat it up for more like 30 seconds and not 10.

I asked you some questions a while back on here (previous old thread) but you didn't answer.

I was so excited for this and the concept is great, but my experience with execution has led me to conclude this is a portable nail that needs to be operated like a nail. Load, heat, hit, change batteries. It has not been for me, yet, load once, and keep hitting and hitting.
just go for it man, i used full melt wax, load it up as much as i can and it hits forever, just gotta push the wax down every once in a while.

Xchadb,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
igot5onit said:

Apologies for the late replies, we try hard to keep up with the forum, but we answer our direct emails first, and those are hundreds per day. Shoot us a quick email with your summarized questions and remind us of your FC name and we will likely get to it quicker.

Cheers,

The ThermoVape Team

ThermoVape,

lepstadder

qwiso usually has more plant waxes and other things in it so using that would prolly require cleaning more often

And the batteries last maybe 10 hits. And I have to heat it up for more like 30 seconds and not 10.

I second this

Those of you who are not getting thick hits try altering your draw

lepstadder,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
lepstadder said:
qwiso usually has more plant waxes and other things in it so using that would prolly require cleaning more often

And the batteries last maybe 10 hits. And I have to heat it up for more like 30 seconds and not 10.

I second this

Those of you who are not getting thick hits try altering your draw
Well this is weird, im averaging around 40 or 50 good clouds on a set of batteries and my rev is generally producing thick vapor at around 3 to 5 seconds of warmup time... May wanna contact TV about this issue as these numbers are not matching up well

SF Giant,

igot5onit

ThermoVape said:
Apologies for the late replies, we try hard to keep up with the forum, but we answer our direct emails first, and those are hundreds per day. Shoot us a quick email with your summarized questions and remind us of your FC name and we will likely get to it quicker.

Cheers,

The ThermoVape Team

Email sent

igot5onit,

BossBrew

Metalhead
SF Giant said:
Well this is weird, im averaging around 40 or 50 good clouds on a set of batteries and my rev is generally producing thick vapor at around 3 to 5 seconds of warmup time... May wanna contact TV about this issue as these numbers are not matching up well
I am getting the exact same results, 40-50 clouds on a single set of batteries. 10 hits per battery sounds like the ThermoVape and not the Revolution. Then again I am using full melts and oils.

BossBrew,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
BossBrew said:
SF Giant said:
I am getting the exact same results, 40-50 clouds on a single set of batteries. 10 hits per battery sounds like the ThermoVape and not the Revolution. Then again I am using full melts and oils.

My warmup time varies depending on the retained heat in the Revolution. If the unit has not been used for some time and is completely "cold", then I have to prime it for 20-30 seconds. If the unit has been used in the last minute or two, the warmup time or "priming" is much quicker.... anywhere from 3-10 seconds.

Do we know how much "run time" we should expect from a set of fully charged batteries? For those having to prime their units for 30 seconds each hit, I can imagine this would greatly reduce the number of hits per charge.

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I tried to run an experiment tonight to see how many hits I got on one set of batteries. This was for my own amusement and not scientific at all. I loaded up a couple of decent sized dabs of Platinum Bubba into my Revolution and started hitting it with fresh set of batts. I used a pad and pen to tick mark my hits. I had to top off my load about halfway through.

I tried to take 5-hit sessions with each hit being about a 6-second draw. The priming for the first hit always took several more seconds than the subsequent 4. I got to 59 of my hits and decided to stop because although there was plenty of oil still in the chamber, the hits had been getting wispier and wispier. You could still get hits and hear it bubbling, but the vapor were quite weak. I decided to throw in a fresh set of batts at this point and as I suspected, the hits improved dramatically.

I would love to see a time-lapse chart of the heater temperature over the cycle of a battery. Is the voltage regulated (like the solo) or does it decline slowly over time (like the LB)? From my single, non-scientific test it would seem to be the latter, but I would like to hear TV's take.

:peace:

Stu,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I guess it's still more of the learning curve, but I am getting totally mixed results. I just loaded a pretty solid chunk of bubble hash and got really good vapor from it, unlike the first try which just seemed to scorch it and made the device really hot. Maybe I am just getting the hang of this, but I am pleasantly surprised! I guess I have gotten used to the warm up stage which I didn't do properly on my first round with bubble. Nice! :D

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom