Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

RagingWinds

Update on the website looks awesome TV.... Anxiously awaiting my Evolution to get here, waiting till tuesday will be tough!

RagingWinds,

Polmol

So I got my evolution today and it won't even get red hot...like no heat the batteries were fully charged any help :(

Do you have spare batteries you can try? Is it screwed on fully? Did you make sure the batteries were aligned in the same order (very important)?

Polmol,

OF

So I got my evolution today and it won't even get red hot...like no heat the batteries were fully charged any help :(

OK, if it's getting hot at all, my first thought is you're trying to drive a SV heater with 3.7 Volts? What's your battery? Is there a "LV" laser engraved on the bottom of the button on the threaded end?

If it heats at all, that lets out switch or other contact issues pretty much....

TIA

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OK, if it's getting hot at all, my first thought is you're trying to drive a SV heater with 3.7 Volts? What's your battery? Is there a "LV" laser engraved on the bottom of the button on the threaded end?

If it heats at all, that lets out switch or other contact issues pretty much....

TIA

OF

The LV at the bottom of the Evo
95ITa.jpg

jambandphan03,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Got my EVO SV and the new T1 interface today.

New T1 interface and heater core glows in a way mine NEVER did, and I was a fan of my T1 before!!! I haven't had a chance to use the T1 yet.

The Evo I was thinking what a great purchase and how I love it. After bowl 1 the red oring shot off into a bunch of rocks to never be found again. I can already tell putting it in my pocket between hits without the oring is a bit dangerous or at least risking spilling the bowl.

Can I get one locally at sears before they go out of business here in a week or 2?

Other than that I really dig the evo and expected a lesser device based on descriptions here. I think it deserves more credit. I'm glad I got it, furious I lost the oring so fast.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!

I was hoping to make this a last resort. The price they ask is fine, but when you factor in shipping its $10 for a single o-ring I need haha. Do we know what its made out of? Is it something a local hardware store or home depot might have? I had it for all of 10 minutes before losing it for good so I'm not sure.

darkrom,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Maybe you could talk Tim into throwing it into a regular envelope with a stamp? As far as the specs on the o-ring I have no idea . . .

t-dub,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've been enough of a hassle lol.

I'll probably just add them into my next order. The new T1 is still waiting to be tested and the evo still works I'm just very paranoid of the sleeve coming off.

darkrom,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I was hoping to make this a last resort. The price they ask is fine, but when you factor in shipping its $10 for a single o-ring I need haha. Do we know what its made out of? Is it something a local hardware store or home depot might have? I had it for all of 10 minutes before losing it for good so I'm not sure.
Last web order I made included the O-Ring package, but I added a note asking for ONLY the red rings, and TV nicely just sent me five orange rings instead of the assortment. Doesn't help with the shipping part, especially if you're just ordering the O-Rings, but at least you'll be able to lose another without it being a hardship.

JoeKickass

I don't even use the o-ring... I love being able to easily take off the cover to check the color between hits.

I've never had a problem with the cover coming off in my pocket either :2c:

OF

I don't even use the o-ring... I love being able to easily take off the cover to check the color between hits.

I've never had a problem with the cover coming off in my pocket either :2c:

I agree with Joe, mine came without one, it's been on and off several times, currently I think it's on. Sooner or later it's going to annoy me again and go back into the box. You just have to remember it's like an Iolite, the top part is a mouthpiece, not a handle.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Dogman
So I accidentally dropped my thermovape and now it turns on? 0.o lol you guys think I should contact the co still even though it's working now?

iDropDatsik,

OF

So I accidentally dropped my thermovape and now it turns on? 0.o lol you guys think I should contact the co still even though it's working now?

If it works normally, I wouldn't sweat it. They're awfully tough. There's a video of them somewhere playing fetch with the shop dog. I've seen the unit, it's beat up all right but works fine.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
makes me wonder if it was a switch issue, not making full contact will cause this. Maybe dropping lined something up, or got the switch button to seat properly... guessing here, but makes sense.

jambandphan03,

DcTokeMan

VapinBlackGuy<~~~Rare
yea so i feel like an ass. id been reading up on the solo and found the T1. i liked the design so much that i ordered it yesterday after some reading. now i find the EVO and am completely intrigued. i simply wanna kno wats the best way to freak this thing. i want the good hits, but the longer 3.7v battery life. whats the best combo for my needs. a conversion kit or the whole EVO kit. sorry if im wording it wrong, im just super blown rite now. i ordered an outdated vape it seems, and i lost my ipad today:rant:

DcTokeMan,
yea so i feel like an ass. id been reading up on the solo and found the T1. i liked the design so much that i ordered it yesterday after some reading. now i find the EVO and am completely intrigued. i simply wanna kno wats the best way to freak this thing. i want the good hits, but the longer 3.7v battery life. whats the best combo for my needs. a conversion kit or the whole EVO kit. sorry if im wording it wrong, im just super blown rite now. i ordered an outdated vape it seems, and i lost my ipad today:rant:
call up tim and see if you can change your order

Futuretvowner,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
so I have a question, the picture number 5 on user submitted content what device is that using to power the evo? I would love a switchless option to power my evo. I know the evo runs at 20 watts and 6 volts, but will a lava tube or provari work? or just on the dart?

kushcabbage,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
so I have a question, the picture number 5 on user submitted content what device is that using to power the evo? I would love a switchless option to power my evo. I know the evo runs at 20 watts and 6 volts, but will a lava tube or provari work? or just on the dart?
Please increase the font, some of us old folk have a hard time.
I have a Knight Rider which is much like a Lava Tube if not identical.
It will not work on the 6 Volt EVO as it cuts down to 3 volts under heavy load. (a safety feature). Never tried the LV but suspect problems.
It will work on REV and DART but cuts out after 10 seconds and you need to double click the button to start again. (another safety feature)
I also noticed when I use my atomizer in 6 volt, it tends to run cooler then my TV handle. This indicates even though it is suppose to have 6 volts, it is likely less.
What makes the TV handle so great is the simplicity and no electronics. All safety is in the batteries.
As for that device in the picture, good question.......If no electronics or if rated high enough, it has my interest as well. IMO It's all in the switch mechanism.
Pipes

Pipes,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
thanks I was having a problem with that formatting for a second, till I found the remove formatting button. I see your knight rider is in storage from your sig, but what is the DIY Bulli? If I may be so curious :) I do love the simplicity of the thermovape base, but usually my fingers are oily and it makes it a chore to keep that switch up

kushcabbage,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The slippery thumb thing is my only peeve about the TV myself. Been using sticky pads and no longer think much about it.
The Bulli is a E-Cig product that I saw some other uses for.:evil: You can hover over it in my signature and it should take you to a series of posts I did in a different thread. I currently use it regularly while driving because of the load size and no fussing. Like an EVO big brother in many aspects.
Like the EVO because it's so quick.

Pipes

darkrom

Great Scott!
I agree with Joe, mine came without one, it's been on and off several times, currently I think it's on. Sooner or later it's going to annoy me again and go back into the box. You just have to remember it's like an Iolite, the top part is a mouthpiece, not a handle.

OF

Just like the iolite I've already been burned and had a spill in my car within 3 times using this thing LOL. I do really enjoy it though. My current gut feeling says I like the evo better, but I can't pinpoint why exactly since it doesn't work in my bubbler until I get the interface for it. It is too recessed in the T1 interface for my particular bub but I can live for now. I have a different home vape anyway.

This may change but I think I prefer the evo, other than it being a MUCH harder to fill vape on the go.

@Haywood thanks for the advice. I can't see myself needing other orings. I'd much rather have 5 of these than 5 various ones. Good tip!

darkrom,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I initially had trouble with the O ring and found the twist worked OK but still slipped down once in a while. Put a drop of VG on my finger and ran it around the ring. Wiped off and have never had it slip down since. (I bet normal vegetable oil would work too)
Would hate to loose it as I would end up dumping the pre-filled load in my pouch all the time.
A spare is nice to have. Also, the T1 ring is important to have as well. Never hurts to have a couple spare 510 drip tip rings as well. Guess that almost covers the kit....LOL
Pipes

Pipes,
Reactions: t-dub

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Please increase the font, some of us old folk have a hard time.
I have a Knight Rider which is much like a Lava Tube if not identical.
It will not work on the 6 Volt EVO as it cuts down to 3 volts under heavy load. (a safety feature). Never tried the LV but suspect problems.
It will work on REV and DART but cuts out after 10 seconds and you need to double click the button to start again. (another safety feature)
I also noticed when I use my atomizer in 6 volt, it tends to run cooler then my TV handle. This indicates even though it is suppose to have 6 volts, it is likely less.
What makes the TV handle so great is the simplicity and no electronics. All safety is in the batteries.
As for that device in the picture, good question.......If no electronics or if rated high enough, it has my interest as well. IMO It's all in the switch mechanism.
Pipes
That unit in the picture is "The Bolt" and is for 3.7 volt. $45 not bad.
Found this simple looking unit that is good for 3.7, 6 or 7.4 volt batteries.
Uses a standard horn switch which are generally good. And $50, not fancy but very practical.
Here: Acrylic Tube Mod
Pipes

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
@Haywood thanks for the advice. I can't see myself needing other orings. I'd much rather have 5 of these than 5 various ones. Good tip!
I actually bought two O-Ring kits; the standard one and the "all oranges" one. Can't have too many O-Rings. And I always keep my orange O-Ring on (the bottom notch of the core). The insulating sleeve comes off way too easily (for me) otherwise. I anticipated losing the O-Ring (which for some reason I haven't), hence my order of extras.

btw, I've been using the extended black delrin mouthpiece with UFO (aka "Tru-Flow UFO Mouthpiece"), and it's become my favorite mouthpiece to use directly into the Evo core. A minuscule reduction in airflow compared to the plain extended mouthpiece, and a minuscule less room for herb in the core, but NO MORE BITS IN THE MOUTH!!! :) It also self tamps the load down for me, saving a step. (Fill the core loosely, put the Tru-Flow UFO in, and its flat bottom tamps down the load the perfect amount). My screen experiments were less than fruitful, so this is really a blessing. Thanks for the tip, Tim!

Top Bottom