Discontinued Thermovape Cera

toros23

Toros can I find one of those tips at a head shop or is it only available online?

I have only seen them on the TET site for around $20. Also, I think they come with a white tip, I think the black tip on mine came from a dart loader or some other Thermovape gadget. With this setup (the photo with the partial ceramic MP installed) I can also mate up with 18mm female joint.

toros23,
Reactions: NoName

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You can get just the tip on any site but the smooth flow I have seen on basically tet. I have occasionally seen them on ebay or at online vendors. I have a smooth flow as well and use it with my vapes on occasion in bad allergy season.

NoName

Me too, my favorite way as well. One of the usual suspects said he'd managed to melt his (they're Delrin), which has me concerned. I assume he's just hits his harder than I do (I'm sure many do), but if the potential is there.....

I wonder if a Teflon one might not be a wise thing?

OF

I am the 'usual suspect' in this case having one of the Revolution restricted airflow delrin MPs partially melt during EO cart use. However, this occurred when I first received my TI EO CERA and prior to the discovery of the ground strap problem (and the resulting solder/ weld solution). With the EO cart heating intermittently, I believe I'm at least partially responsible for 'overheating' the delrin MP.

Just an FYI... I have been using the smooth flow MP without water for a few weeks now and really like it too. Since it is metal on the bottom, no melting and seems to keep everything flowing better at the top of the cart. It also has a restricted airflow, which I agree seems to work really well with the Cera. It is a bit pricey, but am really happy with it.

I'm with Toros23 on this one for all the same reasons (works well and sexy as hell). I agree they're a little pricey so would also like to find some inexpensive Teflon/PTFE 510 MPs as well. Anyone with a link/source?

NoName

NoName,
Reactions: toros23

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok I just looked up the heat rating and the bad news is it is low. 212f or 100c which in my mind shouldn't even be boiled then.

NN you can get them on any ecig site, ebay, or amazon.

EDIT: The heat on the PES that we use on the PN is better then derlin which I am shocked at. We have had issues with them creeping but to us it looks like melting which it isn't. I think I am done with derlin after reading that the heat it can withstand is sooooooooooooooo low. I have silicone rated higher.

OF

Ok I just looked up the heat rating and the bad news is it is low. 212f or 100c which in my mind shouldn't even be boiled then.

Don't panic Lady, you're reading it wrong. It melts at closer to 400F. But all Delrin is not the same:
http://plastics.dupont.com/plastics/pdflit/americas/delrin/230323c.pdf

Notice there are a bunch of types, some with strong physical properties (look at 'Heat Deflection Temperature') right up to that point.....wanna guess what TV used?

I don't understand the melting, not that that means much. But I do know Delrin is a safe MP material and can be safely boiled. And used at much higher temperatures than 100C.

OF

Oski2012

Cleaned my CEO cart for the first time since picking her up... Which was in late February! Truth is, vapor production had only been marginally reduced in all that time. Heavy daily use (though running mainly Pure Gold, if that matters). The device is truly amazing, and a joy to use. I really couldn't be happier. Thanks TET, and thanks to all FC members for the continued knowledge sharing.

bill

I had to send in my Cera for a core issue last week, I will be getting it back on Monday. Can you guys tell me the best way to load the EO core. I have really clean honey oil made with everclear(old school) and I want to get the EO working properly. I think the problem I was having was my first batch of oil was not filtered properly and was full of material so it clogged my core. Any advise would be much appreciated. PEACE BE THE JOURNEY

OF

I just found the most delicious wax/jelly it loads so effortlessly but it hits so fat I'm going through it like crazy, the cera eo is just amazing with thin concentrate!

Amen to that. The thicker stuff does real well too, IMO, but you need to control heat better to do it. You have to get the core hot but not vaping hot long enough to get the concentrate thinned out and 'nearly there' before going for the big hits......only by then I'm usually too hammered to take full advantage.

I like pretty thin CO2 oils in mine usually. Very easy to get a quick hit or two up to the level that would probably cause a Clydesdale stumble (or at least get mighty confused).

Cera EO is a powerful tool for good for sure.

OF

GR

Just got back from a two week beach vacation with 20 or so smokers. I brought both of my Cera bodies ( just in case) and two EO cores, never needed to break out the extra body and ran around 15g through each core and the Cera performed flawlessly. I did however cripple a few "hardcore" smokers, one of them may never be right again and I converted a few smokers to vaping oil. One thing I discovered is I am an awful instructor as in how to hit the EO Cera, I guess hold the button and inhale until you choke is not the best description of how to turn someone on to Cera.

What amazed me the most is how well the carts did with no cleaning, not even vaping them below .3g of original weight and I am sitting here vaping with out considering a full clean. I have 5 different strains of oil and the moment flavor was lost I could change strains and get the pure flavor of the new strain even though plenty of oil was in the cart, normally I would muscle through the flavorless vaping and then dry burn or Sherlock puff until .2g over empty weight before changing strains.

OF

I guess hold the button and inhale until you choke is not the best description of how to turn someone on to Cera.

I don't know.....what it might lack in polish it more than makes up for with honesty and clear, simple communication.

Besides we shouldn't be judgmental now should we?

On a rare, serious note, great testament to a great machine. Thanks. I noticed the 'new stuff is right there' thing as well, I figured it was a matter of 'last in, first out' at least at first (that is the evaporation starts at the surface)?

OF

scottfree

I did however cripple a few "hardcore" smokers, one of them may never be right again.

. One thing I discovered is I am an awful instructor as in how to hit the EO Cera, I guess hold the button and inhale until you choke is not the best description of how to turn someone on to Cera.

I love the look on peoples faces, first when they hold it... then when they hit it..
Lmao!

So since the ceramic mp is now included with the ll core, is there a way to get the ll cheaper since I already have a ceramic mp?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So since the ceramic mp is now included with the ll core, is there a way to get the ll cheaper since I already have a ceramic mp?
Probably not, but you could always contact them before you order. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Does the dart loader work with the cera EO. That is one of my favorite features of the dart, and if its not compatible with the cera i think they should start making one especially if they are sending out the old mouthpieces with the EO/EL. I sure would jump on the cera bandwagon sooner instead of waiting for an adapter and/or cera lite/mini

OF

I doubt it (buy you can ask of course), but nothing prevents you selling it to someone who 'needs' it for the EO core (or as a replacement).

Does the dart loader work with the cera EO. That is one of my favorite features of the dart, and if its not compatible with the cera i think they should start making one especially if they are sending out the old mouthpieces with the EO/EL.

No, it won't work. The 'neck' on the EO core is way too short. You can't even get the UFO part (with the tip ground off) to fit above the ceramic plate. IMO it would take at least one new part to adapt the loader to the core?

Or a taller EO core so it could have a 'throat' at least as long as the one in DART. More DART loaders would have to be made as well of course, and TV no longer 'owns' the specialized machines that made them making this a 'big deal'.....or at least a bigger undertaking than making them was a while back.

OF

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
I originally thought the image of the smooth flow attached to the EO was a DART loader stacked on there, and near as I can tell that would be the only way it would work. I haven't examined a smooth flow but if you had one without the ceramic that was acting basically just as an extension tube it would be exactly what you need. Like OF said the tip of the dart hits the ceramic a good quarter inch before it would interface with the grommet - rough estimation, don't have a caliper on hand. Although I think it would be redundant, it would be kind of funny to try just because you can if you had all the parts.

OF

I originally thought the image of the smooth flow attached to the EO was a DART loader stacked on there, and near as I can tell that would be the only way it would work. I haven't examined a smooth flow but if you had one without the ceramic that was acting basically just as an extension tube it would be exactly what you need. Like OF said the tip of the dart hits the ceramic a good quarter inch before it would interface with the grommet - rough estimation, don't have a caliper on hand. Although I think it would be redundant, it would be kind of funny to try just because you can if you had all the parts.

That's along the lines of "IMO it would take at least one new part to adapt the loader to the core?" as I said above, but this isn't that part. The cavity in the top of the SF is even more shallow than the EO core (and it's two pieces as it is).

In the bigger picture, the DART tip is much more useful when you're loading .05 or so at a time over and over; but with Cera you typically load half a gram or so at once and have a 'melt it in' cycle to deal with. That's LOTS of 'dabs' off that little tip. Most guys aren't going to see 'dip the tip, insert it carefully, apply enough heat to melt the oil off the tip, remove it, add more oil, stick it back and heat it again a dozen times or so' as a great improvement?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah i was just saying, cause i just ordered those slick stacks and its so easy to scoop up a dab from it with the dart loader and put it on, especially on a hot summer day. As opposed to carrying around an extra dabber and lighter and trying to melt it off. Oh well wishful thinking i guess

OF

Yeah i was just saying, cause i just ordered those slick stacks and its so easy to scoop up a dab from it with the dart loader and put it on, especially on a hot summer day. As opposed to carrying around an extra dabber and lighter and trying to melt it off. Oh well wishful thinking i guess

I don't know what 'slick stacks' are but if you're having to reload that often it sure takes you a lot less time to go through the oil than it does me. Even with exclusive (and heavy for me) use, it takes a week or more to need reloading for me.

A while back Tim and I were 'spit balling' Cera ideas and briefly discussed a modified PTFE mouthpiece with a piston and cap. You'd fill it and cap it. Then, when ready, put it on the CERA core, warm it up and push the piston in like a little syringe adding the oil to the cart. Putting the cover back on would keep it all clean and prevent loss. Kind of a 'Cera speed loader' if you will? We decided there's no real need for such a gadget, but perhaps we were wrong there?

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Slick stacks are those non stick silicone containers.

I dont load that often, with the dart i load maybe twice, three times at most in a day. but it also holds a lot less than the cera im sure. And there are times when i am out of the house for 10+hrs a day and the dart loader sure comes in handy. Especially with these new containers. The oil can sit in my car all day and get hot and gooey and i just stick the loader in and scoop up some oil with no problem and none of it sticks to the container so i dont have to worry about wax paper anymore

I guess if im loading in 0.5+ at a time i wouldnt really need to reload because i go through a lot less than that in a day...even a few days

But i would totally buy that contraption you and tim contemplated if it ever became available. Sounds even better than the dart loader

Top Bottom