Discontinued Thermovape Cera

toros23

I think this is the answer most are waiting for...It could be argued that maybe they should have made these adapters a higher priority, but what the fuck do I know.

I have to say I am with you on that one. Seems like such a simple thing to provide to their customers quickly since the Cera body does not travel well. Leaves me to think it is a marketing/sales issue??

Come on TET - Show some compassion and get us some adapters. Not all of us are MacGyvers around here!

Ash057

Or you can wait until TET comes out with an adapter and use the EO core on your T1 handle.

I can't wait for the adapter. I just got my Dart rebuilt but need m0r3 vapor!
I would definitely buy some EO cores when it can be used on a decent power supply. The gimped button brittle ceramic dildo isn't an option for me.
I depend daily on the durability of the T1 power supply. Talk from TV about a carbon fiber mini really got my attention.

Can anybody compare the Cera EO to the SR-71 ? Curious about production/taste/efficiency

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Something like that would be a good solution. Of course there will always be new gear, and accessories to adapt to and work with the original cera platform. It just seems like there is a decent sized gap in a category that was roundly and comfortably filled. Progress is great too, but don't kill the goose...am I right?

Bluntcrush,
Reactions: mvapes

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I can't wait for the adapter. I just got my Dart rebuilt but need m0r3 vapor!
I would definitely buy some EO cores when it can be used on a decent power supply. The gimped button brittle ceramic dildo isn't an option for me.
I depend daily on the durability of the T1 power supply. Talk from TV about a carbon fiber mini really got my attention.

Can anybody compare the Cera EO to the SR-71 ? Curious about production/taste/efficiency

Here's a quote from Bob Loblaw's findings in the Persei thread.

even though it takes more power and time to get to the same temp/density as the cera, it gets there smoother.

Taynk

Hello all :) First time poster here.
I just wanted your opinion (Those of you that have tested the Cera) on whether or not the Cera would be a good first vape for me. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I want to give it a shot. So in your opinion should I get a Cera (or any vape at all)? Any details would be amazing :D Thanks so much!

Taynk,
Reactions: OF

OF

Hello all :) First time poster here.
I just wanted your opinion (Those of you that have tested the Cera) on whether or not the Cera would be a good first vape for me. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I want to give it a shot. So in your opinion should I get a Cera (or any vape at all)? Any details would be amazing :D Thanks so much!

Howdy, welcome to the Forum. Interesting question.....

The second part's easy, yes, you definitely should get into vapes over blazing. Not only will your weed bill drop a lot (seriously) but you'll live longer/better to enjoy it. Your call.

However, after a few minutes reflection, no, I don't think Cera is a good choice for a first vape for most. Too much going on, you need to learn about vaping, then about controlling it, to get full benefit. Cera has a high threshold there, everything has to be right for you to start to explore vapor.

How about something like a Solo? All glass, very clean, automatic temperature/time control, great battery life, easy reliable operation, easy to clean and $160 shipped. With it you can explore extraction temperatures and techniques so you'll know what you're doing or at least what you're looking for. Lots of special stems, WP adapters and so on too.

OF

Taynk

Howdy, welcome to the Forum. Interesting question.....

How about something like a Solo? All glass, very clean, automatic temperature/time control, great battery life, easy reliable operation, easy to clean and $160 shipped. With it you can explore extraction temperatures and techniques so you'll know what you're doing or at least what you're looking for. Lots of special stems, WP adapters and so on too.

OF

Thank you OF, I really appreciate your advice! You have convinced me to explore the Solo, it sounds great!
So is there any videos you'd recommend that will teach me the art of vaping?
Sorry for being a complete noob!

Taynk,
Reactions: OF

Tom Funk

Thank you OF, I really appreciate your advice! You have convinced me to explore the Solo, it sounds great!

This is kind of funny. I'm over on the Solo thread asking OF whether the Solo would be the best portable to complement my ThermoVape T1 and future Cera. I would say that the Cera would make a good first vape. My first vape was the T1 and the only other vape I've used is the Thermovape Evolution. Based on my experience with the T1, I would say that the Cera could make a great first vape. There has been some issues with the handle however, and quite a few Cera owners have had to send it in for repairs under warranty. You may be surprised at how much the thought of going back to smoking annoys you once you start vaping.

TF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

The art of vaping... well, we all paint on the same walls, just with different styles ;)

It's kind of hard to explain, there's something special about vaping. The taste and smell, the ritual of loading the bowl. Perhaps a glance at vaporpedia for the unit of your choice to learn more? Over time you'll figure out what you personally do and do not like. Sometimes I'm in the mood for huge hits so I'll turn the power adapter for my vape up and grab the glass. Sometimes I just want the delicious terpene-rich vapors and low-temp cannabinoids (mainly THC) and get a different experience. It really is a personal thing, but I'm not sure it can be "taught" ya know?

:science: :spliff:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
After going through a move in June and consequently being delayed in getting my Cera packed up and mailed out for repair, I finally got it together and out the door last Monday. True to form, I had it back in my hands this Monday: coast-to-coast-to-coast in a week, and counting July 4th too! It feels good to be back in Cera-land.

I also happened to get my first jyarz on the same day, as well as a fresh supply of the good stuff. Great Monday. I found the time for a very nice evening walk:

DqmiXRz.jpg

Ricardooayee

So here's my first review on the cera. I have a cera EL core basically the same as an EO core. At first I struggled because I didn't have the correct batteries. I went ahead and orders some 2250mAh panasonics posted by fellow FC members. I finally got it to work but the concentrate I had was a little bit harder to melt but the cera was still working great. Now I got some new concentrate the past couple of days and it melts in the cera pretty quick. I loaded like .3 in the cera two loads of .15 using the method of 5-10 seconds on 5-10 seconds off until it was all into the ceramic. After letting Cera cool down I fired her up for about 15 seconds and it was producing major clouds , I seriously got way to medicated trying to see how long the battery lasted. It does get pretty hot bit coming from a Dart I guess I'm used to a little heat after continuous use. The switch does get kinda uncomfortable after a while, I have to keep switching hands. Over all Cera is amazing , I thought Dart was the greatest thing ever before but I have got to say Cera is in a whole different league compared to the dart. :D I hope that made sense. I'm pretty medicated

OF

Glad you're getting it sorted out. You've already found one of the great secrets, the concentrate has to be well absorbed into the ceramic for best results.....and when you do that, watch out. Very easy to overdo.

I think over a little time you'll sort out a way to work the switch that's good for you. I think many of us are holding it kind of 'overhand'. That is holding the bottom part from below (Cera pointed up) working the switch with a minor finger holding the narrow part just above the cap between thumb and web of forefinger...kind of a pinching? You also don't need to press the button all the way down for reliable contact, I think lots of guys get cramps that way?

Anyway, thanks for the update.....and welcome to the club.

OF

aj0125

I think over a little time you'll sort out a way to work the switch that's good for you.

OF is right again on this one. Honestly the button was a huge complaint of mine the first week owning my Cera, now I have about 5 different positions I can hold it in that are completely comfortable to me. I don't know if my fingers got stronger or what, but the button does not bother me at all anymore. I can understand someone with hand problems having a little bit of trouble using the device one handed, when I let my friend with severe hand problems try it she just used it two handed with no problems at all (btw she is saving up for one now).

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Well...figured out what my biggest mistake of the year was....taking this long to get a Cera.

Wow....just....wow.

I watched the video of the chocked full EO core with Cherry Pie back in the day and saw the plumes of vapor coming off, unbelievable to see it in person.

I had luck with the LL core as well first time out of the box. I was used to the Evolution so it wasn't a difficult change of habits.

Now the fear is setting in that this might break on me...need to get spare parts ASAP!

RM

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I was wondering why TET hasn't gotten back to me about rebuilding/replacing my 2 T1 cores. I use the Cera religiously and the T1 just sits there with a broken wing. I would just like to get it back to working order because it's the one that started it all :cool:Can you buy cores for it anywhere online? Maybe they aren't responding because the thread adapters are coming soon!! :brow: Anyway, I had my Cera from the beginning and I finally have to get some new batteries for it!! HAHAHA I had 3 green ones from TET that I rotated about 5-8 bowls per day so 50 per week, 200 per month, how long has the Cera been out now? Couple months or so. Yea this thing lasts and still kicks ass! :tup:

Tom Funk

Just noticed on the TET site that they are now selling the Loose Leaf Core and Top Cap and Mouthpiece AND Thermal Sleeve for $100. This is great news for owners of the Essential Oil model that don't have a top cap and ceramic mouthpiece as well as T1 owners like me who want to buy a Cera top for their T1 handle. I thought I was going to have to spend $195 on these parts, and this was getting close to the price of a complete Cera LL.

Now all we need is an adaptor. Please, please, please TET make it soon.

Cheers
TF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Well...figured out what my biggest mistake of the year was....taking this long to get a Cera.

Wow....just....wow.

I watched the video of the chocked full EO core with Cherry Pie back in the day and saw the plumes of vapor coming off, unbelievable to see it in person.

I had luck with the LL core as well first time out of the box. I was used to the Evolution so it wasn't a difficult change of habits.

Now the fear is setting in that this might break on me...need to get spare parts ASAP!

RM
hehehe... welcome to the outer limits. We control the horizontal and the vertical, you control the depth...
Just noticed on the TET site that they are now selling the Loose Leaf Core and Top Cap and Mouthpiece AND Thermal Sleeve for $100. This is great news for owners of the Essential Oil model that don't have a top cap and ceramic mouthpiece as well as T1 owners like me who want to buy a Cera top for their T1 handle. I thought I was going to have to spend $195 on these parts, and this was getting close to the price of a complete Cera LL.

Cheers
TF

I believe that has been there a while. Was when I ordered is a couple months ago

Ricardooayee

Cheers
TF

I have a EL cera complete with top cap and ceramic mouthpiece and I have got to say that I don't use it at all. I prefer using the restricted draw mouthpiece that came with my Rev I like the draw better. I don't even know where the mouthpiece and cap are :o If what you're saying about the LL is true that's excellent I want a LL Cera core so bad. I have to go check TETs website now.

OF

I prefer using the restricted draw mouthpiece that came with my Rev I like the draw better.

Me too, my favorite way as well. One of the usual suspects said he'd managed to melt his (they're Delrin), which has me concerned. I assume he's just hits his harder than I do (I'm sure many do), but if the potential is there.....

I wonder if a Teflon one might not be a wise thing?

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
The TET ptfe mouthpieces are really short. You have any links for a supplier of ptfe 510 mouthpieces, per chance?

Haywood,
Reactions: Tom Funk

toros23

Just an FYI... I have been using the smooth flow MP without water for a few weeks now and really like it too. Since it is metal on the bottom, no melting and seems to keep everything flowing better at the top of the cart. It also has a restricted airflow, which I agree seems to work really well with the Cera. It is a bit pricey, but am really happy with it.

edit: Some quick photos, so sexy:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
How hot does it get at that spot? It has to be really hot since you can boil the derilin with no issue.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Tom Funk

toros23

How hot does it get at that spot? It has to be really hot since you can boil the derilin with no issue.

It can get really hot with loose leaf cartridge but if using a delrin tip it sounds like they were using an EO cart.. I don't really know how that (melting) could happen, I guess I am not considered a power user. To me it seems like it doesn't get hotter than other herb or oil vapes I have tried when using the EO cart.

toros23,
Reactions: NoName
Top Bottom