Discontinued Thermovape Cera

bill

Hey guys, Dropped my eo core yesterday and now it is rattling around inside and is heating really slow. Is there a way to take it apart and fix it or should I just send it in. Only dropped about 8 inches into the boiling water but it hit hard on the bottom of the pot. What to do!

bill,

bill

Nope, you won't have the parts even if you knew what to do.....sorry, time to send it in I think.

OF

NOOOOOO! I just noticed on there site parts wont be available for 2 weeks? Is that still apply for repairs?

bill,

OF

NOOOOOO! I just noticed on there site parts wont be available for 2 weeks? Is that still apply for repairs?

No. That's probably welded links, the cores are rebuilt by hand, plenty of parts on hand.....and it seems some time? Bummer it happened, but I bet the turnaround is blinding fast?

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
To those selling Ceras in the classifieds, what are you now using for a portable device?

I was wondering this too. Checked in here to see if there was a disaster going on with TV, or if some radical new vape was released. Still very happy with my LL. Hope to try the EO once the dispensaries here open....some year.

darkrom,

Ricardooayee

My post got ignored can someone help me? Is that supposed to even be able to happen or should I send it in?

Ricardooayee,

OF

My post got ignored can someone help me? Is that supposed to even be able to happen or should I send it in?

I don't think anyone is ignoring you, just nobody had an answer for your question? I couldn't even understand what "that" is in "Is it even supposed to be able to do that?". Or your similar question above.

FWIW it sounds like for whatever reason you poked a toothpick in where it didn't belong and now stuff is lose inside? Sorry, IMO it's time to clean it out and send it in.....and be more careful next time?

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
and be more careful next time?

OF

He got bumped into when he was putting oil in. Sad times all-around but I just recently had to send my Ultra in to get the spring examined. Shipped Saturday, received AND sent back the following Tuesday, got stuck in transition on the 4th due to holiday, and in hand on Friday. I'm sure it would have gotten back to me a day sooner if there were no mail delays. Really happy with their service, although this is the first time I've had to use it.

OF

He got bumped into when he was putting oil in.

Yup, I got that. It's how the toothpick got jammed into the element I think? He was holding onto one end of it (firmly) and had the other end poked in the soft spot when he got bumped. Otherwise it was just a bump?

Putting the toothpick in calls for extra caution was my point. The danger to the core goes way up. "Situational awareness" becomes even more important? At a time you're naturally distracted.

Just a suggestion, but I advise extra caution at such times.....same as when you've got a razor blade in your fingers. Tools can increase danger.

That's my advice, anyway, FWIW.

OF

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
To those selling Ceras in the classifieds, what are you now using for a portable device?

I have the Ti cera EO and really like the device for home use, but when traveling I use a portable called "headvape"
Basically an ecig that has been reworked for wax/shatter.. Similar to an omicron/persei but hits way better, also has battery indicator, usb charging and passthrough. Battery is good for days, and the carts dont taste like chit. Holds a full G too!

Darb

I have the Ti cera EO and really like the device for home use, but when traveling I use a portable called "headvape"
Basically an ecig that has been reworked for wax/shatter.. Similar to an omicron/persei but hits way better, also has battery indicator, usb charging and passthrough. Battery is good for days, and the carts dont taste like chit. Holds a full G too!
Can you clean the carts?

Edit: I found them. Only $5

Darb,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
If it "works" to sufficient performance and you can live with it than I would suggest doing so until you need to clean and send it in for repairs when the performance does degrade, if at all.

At least two of us have had the top ceramic plate wiggle loose and fall out during cleaning, so to see that you rotated or shifted it slightly should really only cause concern in the future, assuming it still works fine. When you clean it, it will probably be more prone to wiggling out entirely once it gets "un-stuck". When it runs without the top plate the capacity is diminished and it will be more prone to spattering upwards, but it still works "just fine" in my experience.

I also load mine with a highly educated TI dabber, and even though I don't get bumped, I would suggest you upgrade to something that is at least solid that can't be snapped off or dislodged in the core - if a part of the tooth pick broke off and stuck in there it would be a bad scene :o

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
BTW - the headvape is the same cart made by several companies. A std e-cig cart with the foam removed. The issue with those is the seals blow quickly and leak...

I don't know about quickly, they usually last a couple weeks, the pen kit was only $60, & it came with two carts.
Instant vapor, no "warm up time", really easy to fill, and no strange button placment or finger fatigue from use.
Also you dont need a pocket full of batteries and concentrate. I really like it for stealth operation.
Specifically at concerts where people (security) are getting wise to pens. And it dosent make me look like I'm playing with a dildo all the time ;)

Soflo,
Reactions: VapoRoor

OF

I really like it for stealth operation.
Specifically at concerts where people (security) are getting wise to pens. And it dosent make me look like I'm playing with a dildo all the time ;)

OK, I get it (at least I think I do), what I don't get is what the discussion of how great it is is doing here?

I assume you've never used the Cera?

Cera is not made for the 'sneaking around, recreational' market really, it makes sense to me that it would be a poor fit to your 'needs'. If you were looking for unsurpassed production volume, health (safety of materials), taste, controlled dosage and so on instead you might find advantages with Cera. But for now if you're happy with something else for what you want to do, great. Just don't expect all of us to follow your advice?

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I don't know about quickly, they usually last a couple weeks, the pen kit was only $60, & it came with two carts.
Instant vapor, no "warm up time", really easy to fill, and no strange button placment or finger fatigue from use.
Also you dont need a pocket full of batteries and concentrate. I really like it for stealth operation.

Well my experience is a bit different. I have ran through 5 of these carts. Use them all the time, but in my opinion have their own issues. Everything in life is a trade-off. What people decide is what is important and what isn't. For me the Cera has much lower maintenance that one of these.

For example, the issue carry around extra BHO... Why? Where does it go? You can load 1/2g in the Cera. That lasts me a while plus it give more vape. I typically run two of those carts on my what pipe setup:
Vaping-access-5.jpg

each loaded to about 0.75g. So I use them alot. They leak within a day for 2 for me. Also the production of 2 carts is about equal to the Cera so my theory is that the Cera uses more wax because it produces more. Same case with the batteries, but with 30 mins use time and the typical button push being 10-15 sec (lets say 15 sec) thats 120 major hits. That is equal to at least 250 hits from one of those carts (from my experience).. So I think the battery issue is the same.

The stealth issue - agreed - spent the weekend at the Blues Fest. Carried that cart cause its quick, small and it holds a bit otherwise it would be my Vaped Skillet. But needed ISO wipes to keep it running.

Now that button - I agree - Pain in the A$$

As I said each person picks their trade-off :) and as OF detailed those are the trade-offs.

BTW - sorry for detaiing this in the Cera thread :)
There is a thread on this cart so I suggest looking into it because it has useful info - several people around here have tried it so they are educated...

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
OK, I get it (at least I think I do), what I don't get is what the discussion of how great it is is doing here?

I assume you've never used the Cera?

Cera is not made for the 'sneaking around, recreational' market really, it makes sense to me that it would be a poor fit to your 'needs'. If you were looking for unsurpassed production volume, health (safety of materials), taste, controlled dosage and so on instead you might find advantages with Cera. But for now if you're happy with something else for what you want to do, great. Just don't expect all of us to follow your advice?

OF

You assumed wrong,(because you didnt read) I own a Ti cera, its a great home vape (i really like it), the reason we are taking about the headvape is because someone above asked what everyone is using now since they see allot of ceras in the classified ads. Simple question simple answer. Thats why we we come to these forums right? i know the benefits and downfalls of the cera, and I don't mind sharing both sides of the coin.

OF

You assumed wrong,(because you didnt read) .

No, I assumed as much because it didn't make sense to me to put the two in the same class, still doesn't. I do see in a prior post you said you have one, but it's not mentioned in the post I responded to.

So you're not really using this pen vape as a replacement for your Cera which you're selling as the OP asked, but saying that you prefer using it as a substitute instead for a given set of conditions? Cool, but IMO something entirely different.

That is you've no intentions of abandoning your Cera? That would seem to confirm my point? Cera is superior in useful ways?

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Sad day, my Cera is in the mail to fix that disk I broke. Now to learn to live w/o it for a few days. Going to be tough. Thank god for fellow members you help each other out - got a very needed backup solution to drive my spare EO :)

You know something fits you if you are concerned about living w/o it...

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
No, I assumed as much because it didn't make sense to me to put the two in the same class, still doesn't. I do see in a prior post you said you have one, but it's not mentioned in the post I responded to.

So you're not really using this pen vape as a replacement for your Cera which you're selling as the OP asked, but saying that you prefer using it as a substitute instead for a given set of conditions? Cool, but IMO something entirely different.

That is you've no intentions of abandoning your Cera? That would seem to confirm my point? Cera is superior in useful ways?

OF

Justify it however you want, but when I leave the house it's not a cera in my pocket

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I dunno guys...
I am in a similar boat. It still floats and all but I am still looking for the concentrate "pen" that will be portable and reliable enough to trust to medicate me. I like the Cera, but I keep just going back to my Revolution DART. Cera (and attachments are just too big and heavy to be all that portable) Wish they never stopped making the t1 stuff and I pretty sure I am not the only one who feels like this.

If TET comes out with something new (like a mini that is truly mini and a workhorse) count me in again, but for me...the Cera is overkill (and I am no lightweight!)

:peace:

aj0125

but for me...the Cera is overkill (and I am no lightweight!)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I will not deny that the Cera is a beast (I would never use the word overkill, but again, my opinion) but it is almost exactly what I was looking for in a concentrate piece: Tastes great and delivers the most massive hits I have ever had in my life. As someone with an insane tolerance the ability to take massive hits of concentrate very quickly is a godsend when severe pain kicks in. Maybe you should try the pen the other members are talking about... it is your money, you should be happy. The great thing about the current market is that there are so many different portables to fit many different needs, just keep experimenting and you will get there. I think in the portable market there is always some trade offs device to device, but I think that you can (and will) find a portable that fits most of your needs. Good luck.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
^ all true except you are missing my point. No subtext involved either: They should have stuck with (and possibly added Cera) the original line up. The Revolution works easier in your hand. It is very light weight (compared to sister Cera) You can also get MONSTER hits from it, once you know how to heat it up properly, load it properly, and learn not to expect too much out of it.

Personally I am happy about the new prospects coming out every day. I have always enjoyed the relationship TET has shared with this board and hope that they continue to develop and hone their product line. When I show off my vapes to interested parties though most people seem to like the REV the best!

Someone else should find a way to make something as close as possible to the original t1 REV/DART combo. People who need portable meds are in desperate need of a healthy supply of these or something made equally as well.

Ricardooayee

^ all true except you are missing my point. No subtext involved either: They should have stuck with (and possibly added Cera) the original line up. The Revolution works easier in your hand. It is very light weight (compared to sister Cera) You can also get MONSTER hits from it, once you know how to heat it up properly, load it properly, and learn not to expect too much out of it.

Personally I am happy about the new prospects coming out every day. I have always enjoyed the relationship TET has shared with this board and hope that they continue to develop and hone their product line. When I show off my vapes to interested parties though most people seem to like the REV the best!

Someone else should find a way to make something as close as possible to the original t1 REV/DART combo. People who need portable meds are in desperate need of a healthy supply of these or something made equally as well.
Or you can wait until TET comes out with an adapter and use the EO core on your T1 handle.

Top Bottom