Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yea but Pb keeps showing Noah's video and those were 45 second hits which is not realistic for most of us. Can you really take short hits and get medicated. You know I am by no means a cloud chaser but I do look for a bit of vape just to make sure I am getting something. No vape and medicated would be the best but short hits is all I like. As I have said many times coughing is a no go for me which is why I am so careful.

Edit: Thanks OF. I wrote this the same time you were writing.

amilehigh

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but if and when the latching button comes out, will TET be sending it to customers who have already made their purchase? Will there be a cost associated?

Does that button stay down at all, or do you need to hold it the whole time?

Thanks

amilehigh,

green2brown

Quick question: I have some solventless full melt hash, high 60% - low 70%, dry grainy texture that turns to oil when heated and leaves behind just a slight residue. Would it be better suited for the LL or EO? It's kind of an "in between" consistency and I just don't want to foul up my EO right away so I figured I'd ask.

green2brown,

TheRobbo

I can't wait to get home tonight and have another go on the LLC I'm gonna try a little finer grind than last night (buchee's seemed a touch finer) and quite well packed I think I'm gonna aim for just before the pack restricts draw. I an also gonna try and smash the session out as quick as I can for all you stealthers out there. I should also finally get some time to try and get some pics and maybe a vid up too, I hope.

R

fake name

Quick question: I have some solventless full melt hash, high 60% - low 70%, dry grainy texture that turns to oil when heated and leaves behind just a slight residue. Would it be better suited for the LL or EO? It's kind of an "in between" consistency and I just don't want to foul up my EO right away so I figured I'd ask.

Ll for full melt, the EO is recommended for 80% pure or higher.

fake name,
Reactions: amilehigh

filteredhead

I don't mind a 30 to 40 second warm up but then I want to hit 5-10 seconds each hit not long slow hits. I was wondering if a convection vape can do this.
The Solo does that well for me (i know you have yours too), maybe the 004/XP does this task even more effortlessly? With my EVO, in order to be able to get 5-10 second rich vapor hits, I have to do some prep work beforehand. It all goes back to the techniques learned from OF through his posting in the T1/Rev/Dart/Evo/Cera threads. First step get heater up to temp (for me 15-20 seconds from cold start initially and about 10 seconds when already warm), second step start med-fast draw/breath through it for about 15-20 seconds to move heat into the herb chamber (if you want to draw no longer than 10 seconds at a time, then should be possible to do a 5-10sec fast draw, quick exhale, then another 5-10sec draw back to back) at this point i see some vapor. Now it is ready for that 5-10 second rich vapor draw, step three. That is how I would do it if I had to limit my draws to 10 seconds max. I consider the EVO my lung exerciser given how I use it, once it gets up to temp I just pull on it slowly for 40 seconds which combines step 2 and 3.

OF

Ll for full melt, the EO is recommended for 80% pure or higher.

I guess I disagree with that. Supermelts maybe, but the full melts I've tried have a lot of junk in them and quickly foul out Omicron carts so I assume they'll do the same here. You can't go by percentages for a couple of reasons. First you can't really trust the numbers, many dispensaries use THCA numbers (always higher) which are ideal best cases, not reality (but it does sell drugs....), secondly what specifically makes up the rest is important. If it evaporates off cleanly fine, but if not it's going to foul out.

The best plan is probably using the LL cart with the hash on a bed of bud to soak up leaks. It it's basically 'residue free' the oil cart is the call of course.

The general rule is 'supermelt or better'. BTW, watch out for 'taffy' as well.

OF

fake name

I'm confused here OF, I was actually going based on you saying bubble does well in the LL. You do agree bubble shouldn't be in the EO, right? Is supermelt a hash or is it oil? I was going on the idea that without removing the stocks of the thrichome heads it would prob leave residue. And I believe Noah said 80% in one of the vids, I actually don't know what dispensaries say about numbers, from a non-dispensary state.

fake name,
Reactions: 2clicker

PB88123

Vaporist
Forgive me if this has been answered already, but if and when the latching button comes out, will TET be sending it to customers who have already made their purchase? Will there be a cost associated?

Does that button stay down at all, or do you need to hold it the whole time?

Thanks

As far as we know TET will send the latching switch to everyone that has ordered a Cera. I'm sure they will have to confirm your address again. It should be free of charge.

The button will stay "on" on its own. So you can press the switch, set the Cera down and wait for it to warm up.

I'm guessing it isn't something simple to make as the longer it takes the more they have to give out for free.

Stoke

Great to see a 3rd party video! Confirmation of it's quality for me. I didn't realize the momentary switch was the bottom button and assumed it was the temporary side switch. With the current configuration, it's portable but in no way is it discreet in the least. I can already imagine the awkwardness that would bring in a social situation. As a volcano owner, I can't rationalize another at home vaporizer so I'll hold off until I can use it with one hand.

AirDru

Great to see a 3rd party video! Confirmation of it's quality for me. I didn't realize the momentary switch was the bottom button and assumed it was the temporary side switch. With the current configuration, it's portable but in no way is it discreet in the least. I can already imagine the awkwardness that would bring in a social situation. As a volcano owner, I can't rationalize another at home vaporizer so I'll hold off until I can use it with one hand.

you already have to "hold onto the shaft" to use the cera.

with the momentary switch you also have to "cup the balls"

at least that's what it looks like when using it with two hands.

Stoke

Funny...I was thinking the exact same thing but couldn't think of an eloquent way of expressing that without offending anyone. I think you nailed it!

Stoke,

zGaW

I'm probably going to end up building my own latching switch to hold down the momentary. I'm thinking a lever depressed by the hand holding the Cera that pushes the bottom switch while holding and releases when not. Need to figure out a quick release for my mod so I'm not turning it on in my pocket though.

PB88123

Vaporist
For those thinking about making something to keep the Cera on.

All right, best to address this one straight out I guess. For sure very soon other guys are going to be poking around with the idea.....so with the understanding that experiments are going to happen I might as well save folks some time. As an indication of how important/useful I think this might be, I'm going to dip into my future photo posting quota and post a photo of the much troubling switch. Please bear in mind mine is a cosmetic reject, ignore the dings:

Whatever you do, boys and girls, do NOT bend any 1/8 brass rod you have lying around into the strange shape to the right of the switch. Should it accidentally get clipped on the Cera base it can hold the switch in the on position until removed as you can clearly see in the second photo:

We're all adults here (or so the Ground Rules say....), you've been warned.......

2clicker

Observer
I'm probably going to end up building my own latching switch to hold down the momentary. I'm thinking a lever depressed by the hand holding the Cera that pushes the bottom switch while holding and releases when not. Need to figure out a quick release for my mod so I'm not turning it on in my pocket though.

i think your onto something here. squeeze it to use it.

good stuff.

2clicker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

DontNeglecttheBalls.jpg

Considering that a finger is involved,..... well.... Nevermind. :uhoh:

:peace:

OF

I'm confused here OF, I was actually going based on you saying bubble does well in the LL. You do agree bubble shouldn't be in the EO, right?

Kind of an awkward question but, yes I agree with myself. Bubble goes in the LL not the EO.

Is supermelt a hash or is it oil? I was going on the idea that without removing the stocks of the thrichome heads it would prob leave residue.

First off, the OP asked about full melt in the oil cart. I brought up SM as being OK. Is SM a hash or oil? Yes, it's both. It's generally a 'cover' for solvent extracts to avoid calling them such. Makes is sound like full melts (which are water extractions, not solvent, and therefore leave lots of residue).

FWIW I think it's accurate to say 'all oils are hash, but not all hashes are oil'? Just to keep it from being too simple.

Full melts, like bubble their first cousin, will gum up the ceramic in the oil cart. It might even get liquid enough (unlike bubble) to run down into the core so I suggest a bed of herb (or AVB) under it in case...in the LL cart.

OF

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
What's this cupping and squeezing all about. LMAO.
For safety sake, would it not be best to have to squeeze and cup at the same time.
Wouldn't want it to go off in your pocket. Specially without the condom.

Pipes

fake name

Kind of an awkward question but, yes I agree with myself. Bubble goes in the LL not the EO.

First off, the OP asked about full melt in the oil cart. I brought up SM as being OK. Is SM a hash or oil? Yes, it's both. It's generally a 'cover' for solvent extracts to avoid calling them such. Makes is sound like full melts (which are water extractions, not solvent, and therefore leave lots of residue).

FWIW I think it's accurate to say 'all oils are hash, but not all hashes are oil'? Just to keep it from being too simple.

Full melts, like bubble their first cousin, will gum up the ceramic in the oil cart. It might even get liquid enough (unlike bubble) to run down into the core so I suggest a bed of herb (or AVB) under it in case...in the LL cart.

OF

I'm sorry OF, my confusion was, what did you disagree with in my original statement? I said to put full melt into the ll, and the eo for 80% or higher, which would not include full melts I thought. Were you saying that clubs will advertise bubble 80% or higher, because I did not think this was the case.

Again, sorry about my confusion and if ive misguided anyone. Thank you for responding.

fake name,
Reactions: Puffers
Top Bottom